• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Pit

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
you beat me to it this time chrome! :]

the best way to win against a pit is to gimp his recovery, but that can be incredibly difficult sometimes

the arrows come out faster than our needles, he has crazy priority, and his air game can make a sheik look bad at times

but... we have ftilts -> bair combos, plus he's really light so our vanish works well too haha
if we said that the answer to each match up was to turn into zelda, we wouldn't really be making much progress on this board now would we, although its like free publicity for the zelda boards xD hahah

ADHD

Smash Hero
you beat me to it this time chrome! :]

the best way to win against a pit is to gimp his recovery, but that can be incredibly difficult sometimes

the arrows come out faster than our needles, he has crazy priority, and his air game can make a sheik look bad at times

but... we have ftilts -> bair combos, plus he's really light so our vanish works well too haha
if we said that the answer to each match up was to turn into zelda, we wouldn't really be making much progress on this board now would we, although its like free publicity for the zelda boards xD hahah
Well, lets tally this up and prove that zelda beats most of sheik's toughest matchup.
vs pit: zelda
vs pika: zelda
vs falco: zelda
vs wolf: zelda

Well with pit practically all my approaches, needles can be stopped easily with that orange spinny thing lol (i never use pit) and his repeated A can ruin a sheik's day

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
haha, vs wolf is a great shiek win, you can ftilt lock that guy so easy and you can ledge guard just as easy :] although his attacks and the ranges on his smashes you have to get used to, but once you do, you can easily just shield grab them

3xSwords

Smash Lord
how long does f-tilt lock usually last? to what % if they don't get out of it soon enough? Also is it just me b/c my opponents hit the ground before my third f-tilt and they shield. Is that supposed to happen or am I doing it incorrectly?

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
depends on our opponent 3xswords ^^, if wolf di's the wrong way, then its possible to get in 6-7, it be funnys

if your opponent DIs the first or second ftilt correctly, then they can get out with easy by aerial dodging or shielding etc, but if they DI incorrectly you can get in maybe 3-5 based on % on different characters

hrm... as for % usually around 60% and higher is when they can get out really quickly? but i'm not sure about that

also, try using a ftilt to dsmash? usually if they get out and shield you can dsmash and probably hit them while they are trying to go for the shield grab

Squidster

Smash Ace
Ftilt to anything really.

Utilt if they DI towards you and are high up
Usmash if they DI towards you and are low
Dsmash if they are kind of low and you want to end it
Dtilt to end it early (stale maybe) and lead into an areal or something.

Combo options are fun =D

ADHD

Smash Hero
The main thing with this pit was he kept me in the middle. His arrows if I was "out there" and his AAAAAAA or orange spinny thing eliminated alot of approaches. I could hit him with needles during the AAAAAA but not the orange spin. Rolling behind it was a disaster too seeing as I just get caught in it. The chain was the only thing I could do to stop it.

Top Bottom