• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs Olimar help!

Link Hero of Hyrule

Smash Cadet
Hey Im vs a Olimar, well 2 actually and I was wonderin what are his weaknessess? I know his recovery is one......and the other question is whats the best way to fight one as Link?

Any help would be appreciated, thx

Izaw

Smash Ace
Use Nair alot, it kills all his attacks and hits Olimar , lol

But yea, spacing is important here, dont let him grab you too much

sasook

Smash Champion
Space well, VERY well. If you get grabbed, you're done for, especially when facing an aggressive Oli (it's happened to me). I've never faced a campy Oli but I'm pretty sure bombs > thrown pikmin. Check me on that.

Zair edgeguard.

Nair gimp is risky, he has the superarmor from the whistle. And he's got a spike.

4Serial

Smash Lord
n-air gimp is solid if you got him under the stage and he doesn't have his double jump, which you should have gotten rid of with an earlier n-air.
whistle armor is only used if he is significantly above the stage, and you shouldn't even be in the position for him to d-air spike you when he's recovering, unless you're trying to edgeguard with u-air.......................
but yeah, oli's grab is gay, ranged, and unpunishable. ff n-air on his shield > jabs and they should keep him off you. Keep olimar in the air and chase him, his air game is a lot less scary than his ground game.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
I fight against a VERY good olimar quite often(shrinkray) the best way to win with link is to never stop moving, try really hard to never get grabbed, and kill him upwards if you can, i know olimar is very gimpable but he is also very light. Also, i refrain from using bombs b/c if a pikmin is latched on to you and you throw the bomb, it actually will blow up on the pikmin and you will take damage. Correct spacing and good use of the nair and zair will help alot. I also use the boomerang all the time, it is very good against olimar for keeping him away from you. another generic thing to do against olimar is to attack pikmin that are returning to him, in this condition they are desynched from him and can take damage, if the olimar you play likes to use latch alot i would reccomend you never stop doing areal attacks just to keep them off. In the end, playing against a good olimar with link is VERY hard. Try to catch them off gaurd, and if they are low on pikmin take advantage of it. Gimp where you can and if you get olimar to high damage send him out the top. If you have any more questions about olimar's i'd be glad to give you any advice i can.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
I have problem vs Olimar 2 but Grab 2 DAC + Nair combos finish him quick and btw I use the "rang" alot vs Olimar because hes too short so you can Zair him lol you need something else to space this little astronaut.

jiggz kirbz

Smash Journeyman
Hey Im vs a Olimar, well 2 actually and I was wonderin what are his weaknessess? I know his recovery is one......and the other question is whats the best way to fight one as Link?

Any help would be appreciated, thx
How is Olimar hard to fight?
Doesnt matter what level.
And my advice is BEAT HIM! not F....U.....C....King complaing

Bouse

Smash Ace
Make 'em go "POP".

By that I mean, watch out for his Dsmash and then punish.

OM NOM NOM NOM.

Top Bottom