• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Arle Nadja for Smash!

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Wow, that poll is starting to boost some people's morale on Arle now, huh? Thank you for all your hard work PushDustIn!
Yeah, I've had hope for Arle ever since Ryu came. And then I kinda dropped off, but if one thing I always post on any Sega related topic on SmashFAQs is "If Sega gets another rep, it will be Arle because Puyo Pop is a series that sells better in Japan then Sonic.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, I've had hope for Arle ever since Ryu came. And then I kinda dropped off, but if one thing I always post on any Sega related topic on SmashFAQs is "If Sega gets another rep, it will be Arle because Puyo Pop is a series that sells better in Japan then Sonic.
The exact same for me. Ever since I saw that Arle was greatly requested in Japan, and then the reveal of Ryu coming afterward, I began to have hope for Arle appearing, along with the fact that in Japan, Puyo Puyo is selling better than Sonic these days. Heck, you may as well say that Puyo Puyo AND Sonic are BOTH their flagship franchises. They're the two long-running series Sega does anything with anymore.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
The exact same for me. Ever since I saw that Arle was greatly requested in Japan, and then the reveal of Ryu coming afterward, I began to have hope for Arle appearing, along with the fact that in Japan, Puyo Puyo is selling better than Sonic these days. Heck, you may as well say that Puyo Puyo AND Sonic are BOTH their flagship franchises. They're the two long-running series Sega does anything with anymore.
They kinda are, plus, both were made in the same year, and you can't forget Kirby'Avalanche, tho I like mean bean more.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
They kinda are, plus, both were made in the same year, and you can't forget Kirby'Avalanche, tho I like mean bean more.
Good point. BTW, I LOVE your avatar of Arle! She's so adorable, I just want to hug her!:love: Seriously though, I hope Arle is at least taken into consideration for Smash, though.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Speaking of which, next year is Sonic's 25th anniversary...along with Puyo's. Considering we got 15th anniversary and 20th anniversary games for Puyo, I think a Puyo Puyo 25th anniversary is to be expected some time next year. On a more unrealistic note, it would be pretty cool if they finally decided to crossover Sonic and Puyo (outside of Sonic Runners) or maybe do something like Puzzles and Dragons where if they were to localize it, they would keep the original game but also make an alternate Sonic-themed campaign. It would certainly help it appeal to overseas audiences.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Speaking of which, next year is Sonic's 25th anniversary...along with Puyo's. Considering we got 15th anniversary and 20th anniversary games for Puyo, I think a Puyo Puyo 25th anniversary is to be expected some time next year. On a more unrealistic note, it would be pretty cool if they finally decided to crossover Sonic and Puyo (outside of Sonic Runners) or maybe do something like Puzzles and Dragons where if they were to localize it, they would keep the original game but also make an alternate Sonic-themed campaign. It would certainly help it appeal to overseas audiences.
I'm hoping for either a 25th Anniversary game. Really, like SEGA WON'T do it? But yeah, I am also hoping for a proper Sonic and Puyo Puyo crossover game. Sonic Runners was a decent take on the idea, but I feel a bigger one should be done. Just like Puzzles and Dragons, They could put Puyo Puyo and Sonic characters in the same game and it would probably be a safer way to localize the game without too much negative reception. Of course, we should hope SEGA doesn't make the boneheaded decision of barely advertising the game, like they did to Puyo Puyo (GBA) and Puyo Puyo Fever. Still, like I've said, Arle should appear in a big crossover game like Smash, as it would be all but guaranteed that Arle would get a massive fanbase behind her in the West. Heck, Sonic and Puyo Puyo are practically SEGA's flagship franchises in Japan, with Sonic and Arle practically serving as SEGA of Japan's mascots these days since around 2011.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I get a strong feeling Arle may encounter a similar fate, if anything.
You might be implying that Arle would appear in every subsequent game after this one. That sounds like a dream in reality to actually see her as a character right off the start. I would actually love that, because I can see SEGA doing some merger with Nintendo or somebody in the future and, should it be Nintendo, they might even throw in even more Puyo Puyo characters!

Well, maybe after Arle does well that is. As of now, I would for sure want Schezo and Satan to be the next playable ones, though the game would have to be rated T if Schezo joins XD I would actually be so happy if Satan was still called Satan here, but I know it is a win-win because the Japanese version still pronounces the Japanese names, so we would at least hear a "Satan!" announcer call there for sure. And, hearing "Dark Prince!" will not be awful, I suppose. It still sounds alright.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you and the others on this thread, if by some chance Arle actually DID get a new English voice actress for Smash, replacing Ali Johnston, who do you all think it would be? So far, I've come up with 2 choices: Janice Kawaye and Cristina Vee. Please tell me what you think, guys!
Given professionals are up to this task, I would not mind if they found one that sounded very close to the Japanese one, as I am sure it would not be too hard if they looked themselves. I know there are exceptions where certain English voices standout a lot, but Puyo Puyo Fever did NOT have any, so hearing her original one return would be disappointing to me.

At the very best, if not similar, they could aim for something that at least sounds like the way Arle would speak in English. But, I would just love it if they tried to copy the Japanese voice as much as possible, because when she did speak English in a few instances, it was hilarious XD

I do understand that Arle is still somewhat low in comparison to King K. Rool, but hey, maybe she made the top 100 like you suggested, right? Honestly, you're not going to believe it, but I REALLY hope she actually did!
We got about two weeks left until the next DLC pack is released, so fingers crossed! Yeah, I know what I said. They actually just confirmed that a new DLC pack is on the way for release two weeks from today! It is supposed to include a few characters according to several sources! I mean, obviously Arle would not have to be in the very first pack, but that would be great if she was.

Oh sh*t! There was another page of replies I missed! Here we go again...

They kinda are, plus, both were made in the same year.
If you wanna be technical, Puyo Puyo was technically first conceived in 1989, well Sonic was 1990. So, technically, Puyo Puyo, overall, is the longest running franchise that SEGA has to offer.

Speaking of which, next year is Sonic's 25th anniversary...along with Puyo's. Considering we got 15th anniversary and 20th anniversary games for Puyo, I think a Puyo Puyo 25th anniversary is to be expected some time next year.
If they do anniversaries that often, it won't really feel that special anymore. The twentieth was justified as the fifteenth was a rush job from what I remember. They did everything but have time to give the characters that little bit of detail that they wanted to do. So, they all retained their simplistic designs for five more years until the twentieth where they all finally had some shading on them.

But, a twenty-fifth anniversary might as well just be the eighth entry in the series, since it has been a good while since a main entry has been made.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Imo, considering that CAPCOM got a second character in the form of Ryu, I think that SEGA deserves another rep. Not only is This series MASSIVE IN Japan, but she fits well into Smash. I shall lend my support.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Imo, considering that CAPCOM got a second character in the form of Ryu, I think that SEGA deserves another rep. Not only is This series MASSIVE IN Japan, but she fits well into Smash. I shall lend my support.
Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Puyo Puyo was Japan-prominent (though maybe that's a VERY good thing) I would think Arle would be one of (if not by some miracle, the VERY first) the best choices for a second SEGA rep after Sonic himself. Seriously, the sales of Puyo Puyo in Japan...Heck, at this point, in Japan, Sonic and Arle might be more or less SHARING the status of being SEGA's mascot in Japan at this point! Same goes for Capcom when it comes to Mega Man and Ryu. If that's the case for them, Sonic and Arle are not all that far-fetched, right?

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
The most notable thing about Puyo Puyo is that it does have some adult humor here and there, so I can see that being the only thing censored if it is localized after Sm4sh.

But, yeah, we can definitely use more support! Her most recent game even sold over a whopping amount in Japan when it first came out and many owners of those region free consoles can now finally import Puyo Puyo as this is the first time that it has ever been on a console without a region lock in its entire lifespan! Well, I suppose the Game Gear did it first. This is the first time that a home console has been able to play it region free, though.

From the few that have played it and uploaded gameplay to YouTube, every single person has said a different variation of "this game is very fun" and it certainly does not earn the title of second most popular Tetris clone for nothing. I can confidently say "every single person" because the game is rarely reviewed, but for the few ones you do see, they all say it is at least great at the minimal.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The most notable thing about Puyo Puyo is that it does have some adult humor here and there, so I can see that being the only thing censored if it is localized after Sm4sh.

But, yeah, we can definitely use more support! Her most recent game even sold over a whopping amount in Japan when it first came out and many owners of those region free consoles can now finally import Puyo Puyo as this is the first time that it has ever been on a console without a region lock in its entire lifespan! Well, I suppose the Game Gear did it first. This is the first time that a home console has been able to play it region free, though.

From the few that have played it and uploaded gameplay to YouTube, every single person has said a different variation of "this game is very fun" and it certainly does not earn the title of second most popular Tetris clone for nothing. I can confidently say "every single person" because the game is rarely reviewed, but for the few ones you do see, they all say it is at least great at the minimal.
And somehow, I don't know how, but SOMEHOW someone has a FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATED playthrough! I kid you not! If only I knew how they did it......I don't think Puyo Puyo Tetris HAS a language option....does it...?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Yeah, it's certainly a classic. By the way, I wanted to show something, here it is!

It's artwork of classic Sega characters, drawn by Ken Sugimori, the artist for the Pokemon series. Arle is included riding a Green Puyo with the character Carbunkle. Hope you like it!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's certainly a classic. By the way, I wanted to show something, here it is!

It's artwork of classic Sega characters, drawn by Ken Sugimori, the artist for the Pokemon series. Arle is included riding a Green Puyo with the character Carbunkle. Hope you like it!
I posted that about a page back...:p...........But still, it's really awesome! Arle and Carbuncle are really cute in Ken's style!:love:

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
And somehow, I don't know how, but SOMEHOW someone has a FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATED playthrough! I kid you not! If only I knew how they did it......I don't think Puyo Puyo Tetris HAS a language option....does it...?
Keep in mind, translating Japanese to English is much easier these days since most people can study Japanese MUCH easier over the internet in comparison to back then, so I do not think it is that much of an ancient power to be able to translate Japanese. Now, if we were in the nineties, this would be a WHOLE different conversation.

But, I imagine that someone, either born of heavy Japanese influence or just actually took the time to study the language through various internet sources and books, could successfully translate the menus and other such things quite easily. And, I bet he just has some kind of guide to tell you what is what. I have seen it on some old Saturn games, too.

Now, if you mean to tell me that someone has played a legitimate copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris that had all of the menus, dialogue and everything in English, like all of this being onscreen in the game itself, then I think we have come across a professional hacker. Coming from an owner of the game, no it does not have any way to switch the language at all. It is mostly gameplay options.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Usually their's either a language select, or someone hacked the game. Another SEGA game that's an example of these is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, where someone managed to toggle a language option, possibly through hacks. Although it could've been a language select.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Usually their's either a language select, or someone hacked the game. Another SEGA game that's an example of these is Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, where someone managed to toggle a language option, possibly through hacks. Although it could've been a language select.
Puyo Puyo has had hidden English options in their past games before. Once in the Compile era and once in the Sonic Team era from what I can remember. But, those were the only two times they tried themselves. They just decided to pitch it outside of Japan too early, which resulted in its negative reception.

Also, the one time they try again, they do it with the new art style that was considered a bit strange and the dialogue sounded really cheesy as well. Puyo Puyo did not get really good in the Fever era until later on, but the early games were still alright. I just wish that the Madou Monogatari era had more localizations. Well, counting unofficial, we do have all but Puyo Puyo~n.

Hey guys, what do you think Arle's trophy description would be for Smash?
Best I let someone else try at this one so I do not hog all of the fun :chuckle:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After looking at the recent news of the Awakening duo and Fiora being in Project X Zone 2, it makes me both happy and sad that the Puyo cast simply won't be in for being too cartoony these days. The last time she used a more realistic design was the older Madou Monogatari games and Sega's already giving more attention to their more "badass" characters over a cute Mage like her. The fact that fellow characters like Alex Kidd are a part of Ulala's moveset is more that enough of a design that the developers wouldn't want to waste their time with the more whimsical characters like her and Sonic.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
After looking at the recent news of the Awakening duo and Fiora being in Project X Zone 2, it makes me both happy and sad that the Puyo cast simply won't be in for being too cartoony these days. The last time she used a more realistic design was the older Madou Monogatari games and Sega's already giving more attention to their more "badass" characters over a cute Mage like her. The fact that fellow characters like Alex Kidd are a part of Ulala's moveset is more that enough of a design that the developers wouldn't want to waste their time with the more whimsical characters like her and Sonic.
Sad, isn't it? I would think Arle's Puyo Puyo~n design would be used. Come on. You and I both know that that design was MADE for games like Project X Zone.
Heck, THIS design is also known for being used for what is usually considered the DARKEST game in the Puyo Puyo series.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sad, isn't it? I would think Arle's Puyo Puyo~n design would be used. Come on. You and I both know that that design was MADE for games like Project X Zone.
Heck, THIS design is also known for being used for what is usually considered the DARKEST game in the Puyo Puyo series.
Wow, that's an interesting take on her, but I can definitely see that being in Project X Zone 2. By the way what design do you think she'd have in Smash?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow, that's an interesting take on her, but I can definitely see that being in Project X Zone 2. By the way what design do you think she'd have in Smash?
Well, to be fair, that design in Puyo Puyo~n was actually her "Madou Monogatari" armor, but slightly modified. Possibly to reflect just how dark Puyo Puyo~n was going to be. I mean have you SEEN the Madou Monogatari games?! Now that s*** was terrifying! Also, I would think THIS design would be used for Smash:
But with a few more "realistic proportions".

Otherwise, I would give anything to have THIS as her design used in Smash:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
While I do like the Madou/Puyo~n design and armor, I prefer the more recent style due to it being more unique and stylistic. And before anyone questions how it would work in 3D,

Yeah, that's really the worst thing about PXZ. I understand that they're going for a consistent aesthetic but in the end it kind of feels like a missed opportunity. Ah well, maybe they'll have a change of heart with a 3rd one.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
While I do like the Madou/Puyo~n design and armor, I prefer the more recent style due to it being more unique and stylistic. And before anyone questions how it would work in 3D,

Yeah, that's really the worst thing about PXZ. I understand that they're going for a consistent aesthetic but in the end it kind of feels like a missed opportunity. Ah well, maybe they'll have a change of heart with a 3rd one.
OMG, that's exactly what I would want Arle to look like in Smash! Still, in 3D, but at the same time, close to the source material. If anything, I'd simply give her longer hair like what I suggested above.

See? That's why I personally suggested that PXZ use this:

This design was used in what could arguably be considered the "darkest" game in the Puyo Puyo series (Puyo Puyo~n) so "thematics" probably wouldn't be THAT big an issue, not to mention that this design is essentially a slight modification of Arle's usual "Madou Monogatari" armor, which again, would would be enough to fit PXZ's dark themes.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Wow, that looks great! It looks so perfect for Smash, just the way smashkirby smashkirby described it, The new design with slightly more realistic porportions.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow, that looks great! It looks so perfect for Smash, just the way smashkirby smashkirby described it, The new design with slightly more realistic porportions.
Exactly like that! As I've said, I'll take that design, the design from Puyo Puyo Tetris, or Puyo Puyo~n's design! Hey, at this point as long as Arle makes to Smash, I couldn't care!

BTW, has anyone responded to my earlier post of what's Arle's trophy description should be? I think it should something along these lines:

"Guys want her, girls envy her, but Arle just wants to live life normally; as normal as life can be for a magical girl who lives in a world full of kooky characters! She's almost always seen with Carbuncle, a yellow rabbit-like creature who left his original owner, Dark Prince, to become Arle's friend instead. She occasionally ends up teleporting herself to other worlds by accident while having Puyo battles; perhaps that's how Arle and the others learned about Super Smash Bros.?"

A VERY good friend of mine on DeviantArt came up with this description, BTW! Big thanks and props to him! Here's the link to where I found this if anyone's curious: http://jbx9001.deviantart.com/art/Amitie-in-SSB4-522422894 Seriously, he thought of EVERYTHING when making this, so give him your thanks, all right?

Notshane

Smash Ace
More realistic and still a kid? Um, guys, you have CLEARLY not played Puyo Puyo if you forgot that already existed. It was one of the very first things I brought into this discussion, or did you forget?

Comparing to the Fever design, it definitely bears lots of realism.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
More realistic and still a kid? Um, guys, you have CLEARLY not played Puyo Puyo if you forgot that already existed. It was one of the very first things I brought into this discussion, or did you forget?

Oh, I didn't forget. As I said before, I'll take ANY design for Arle, I just REALLY hope she gets in Smash one day, if not now. I'll gladly take this design as well. She's so cute with that smile and her childish looks You're not offended, are you?

Notshane

Smash Ace
Oh, I didn't forget. As I said before, I'll take ANY design for Arle, I just REALLY hope she gets in Smash one day, if not now. I'll gladly take this design as well. She's so cute with that smile and her childish looks.
If they go with the adult version, we definitely will have to come up with a new idea for her final smash. Personally, given they have pretty much embraced her being a kid by this point, I think it would be best if they just chose that version as it would probably confuse new fans of the series if they just see her become an adult.

But, if they see her as a kid and she looks this way, they will think "yeah, she probably had to look a LITTLE more realistic for Smash" and then learn more about the series when they realize that was her design in the original games. It is a win-win situation as fans of both versions of her get to see both versions of her and will go on to think that her adult version has too much power to even appear playable and had to appear in a final smash to show up.

You're not offended, are you?
Not offended, but a bit disappointed that some people forgot that she used to be a kid and have that sense of realism to her before. I mean, given the Fever games now have more entries than the original, it makes sense that most would forget she existed that way at all. So, it makes sense.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Hasn't Arle been a teen/adult since Puyo~n? That was the fourth entry if I'm not mistaken, and there's been seven main games. There's the various spin-offs too (Anniversary games, Quest, and Tetris) where she's appeared as a teen/adult too. The most important thing to note is that Fever onwards (basically, after Sega rebooted the series) that she's consistently appeared as such. Not to rule out kid Arle from being the one they use to represent her if she were to appear in smash or because of any personal dislike of the design (I personally think it's adorable), but it would make a lot more sense in my opinion if they chose teen/adult Arle to represent her in Smash.

If they go with the adult version, we definitely will have to come up with a new idea for her final smash.
FEEEEVEEEEERRRR!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If they go with the adult version, we definitely will have to come up with a new idea for her final smash. Personally, given they have pretty much embraced her being a kid by this point, I think it would be best if they just chose that version as it would probably confuse new fans of the series if they just see her become an adult.

But, if they see her as a kid and she looks this way, they will think "yeah, she probably had to look a LITTLE more realistic for Smash" and then learn more about the series when they realize that was her design in the original games. It is a win-win situation as fans of both versions of her get to see both versions of her and will go on to think that her adult version has too much power to even appear playable and had to appear in a final smash to show up.

Not offended, but a bit disappointed that some people forgot that she used to be a kid and have that sense of realism to her before. I mean, given the Fever games now have more entries than the original, it makes sense that most would forget she existed that way at all. So, it makes sense.
Well, I feel that Sakurai and the team should go with what their gut tells them....and SEGA's directions, of course. I say we see how thongs go in the long run and then the end, huh?

OK, I thought you were a bit mad at me at first. BTW, I'd actually prefer Arle use her Puyo Puyo Sun design, if nothing else. Still, I wonder if Sakurai would take into consideration the outfits we both suggested Arle could use for Smash. It would be a win-win situation.

Notshane

Smash Ace
FEEEEVEEEEERRRR!
I do not think that any form of that game mode existed on Puyo Puyo~n :c

Well, I feel that Sakurai and the team should go with what their gut tells them....and SEGA's directions, of course. I say we see how thongs go in the long run and then the end, huh?
I can see them generically using the Fever design at best, but knowing Nintendo, given they actually went all the way back to the Super Nintendo for Ryu's design, I imagine they might do something similar to Arle since it would benefit fans and be an easier conversion.

I'd actually prefer Arle use her Puyo Puyo Sun design, if nothing else. Still, I wonder if Sakurai would take into consideration the outfits we both suggested Arle could use for Smash. It would be a win-win situation.
I can see them not going with one of the designs I brought up :laugh:

I also just realized that there is a very small handful of characters in Sm4sh that have new alts entirely, as the majority just contain recolors. So, we might only see one true alt to Arle if possible, well the rest are just recolors.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I can see them generically using the Fever design at best, but knowing Nintendo, given they actually went all the way back to the Super Nintendo for Ryu's design, I imagine they might do something similar to Arle since it would benefit fans and be an easier conversion.

I can see them not going with one of the designs I brought up :laugh:

I also just realized that there is a very small handful of characters in Sm4sh that have new alts entirely, as the majority just contain recolors. So, we might only see one true alt to Arle if possible, well the rest are just recolors.
Yeah, I was just about to say that as well. Fever mode wasn't around until...well...Puyo Puyo...Fever.:rolleyes: Still, I'd actually like it Arle used Puyo Puyo Fever as an FS, or a combo of all of her magical spells ala Robin's FS in Smash 4.

You have a point as well. Most likely, if Nintendo did get permission from SEGA to add Arle in Smash, chances are that SEGA will ask them to use her Fever (2004) and onward design. But considering what they did for Ryu and Pac-Man**, I'm sure Sakurai might like to be a bit more faithful to to Arle's source design if anything.

Yes, a small handful of playable characters in Smash 4 have "special outfits", so I guess Arle may not be that big an exception to get them either. I would hope that, by some miracle, Arle could get a golden t-shirt/armor to reference Carbuncle, at least. Maybe Arle could get other recolors referencing other Puyo characters. Now I already thought of Arle having her normal blue outfit, and then a gold one to reference Carbuncle, so how about this: Pink (Amitie), Gray (Ringo), Red (Satan/Dark Prince), Black (Schezo), Cyan, Indigo, or Purple (Rulue), and Ruby (Doppelganger Arle). So what do you all think?

** - Apparently, Namco Bandai had originally suggested to Sakurai to use Pac-Man's "Ghostly Adventures" design. According to Sakurai, if NB had forced him to use that design, and NOT let him use his Pac-Man World trilogy design, Sakurai supposedly would have dropped Pac-Man from Smash 4 altogether! Luckily, NB was aware that Sakurai was the director of the game and were more than willing to let Pac-Man use his pre-2009 design. Thank goodness!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In all honesty, Ghostly Adventures itself was a huge mistake since it was more or less Namco's attempt at trying to appeal to today's generation of children. While the Pac-Man Party design wasn't too bad, they thought that giving him fingers and teeth would be a great way of making him funny enough for the kiddies. It's a good show for kids, but a terrible show for the more older fans of Pac-Man since the "humor" is juvenile at best and most of the original characters are rather annoying. I wouldn't blame Sakurai, he knew that the old design had much more appeal to us and many hardcore fans will always remember Ghostly Adventures as that mediocre cash grab that Disney wanted to attract their audience with a "cuter design" and forced high school drama (love triangles and all).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
In all honesty, Ghostly Adventures itself was a huge mistake since it was more or less Namco's attempt at trying to appeal to today's generation of children. While the Pac-Man Party design wasn't too bad, they thought that giving him fingers and teeth would be a great way of making him funny enough for the kiddies. It's a good show for kids, but a terrible show for the more older fans of Pac-Man since the "humor" is juvenile at best and most of the original characters are rather annoying. I wouldn't blame Sakurai, he knew that the old design had much more appeal to us and many hardcore fans will always remember Ghostly Adventures as that mediocre cash grab that Disney wanted to attract their audience with a "cuter design" and forced high school drama (love triangles and all).
You know, it's funny you mention high school romances as a subject. On that website, pixiv I came across THIS in particular for Puyo Puyo:
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50673150
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50684383
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50700382
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50716496
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=50751445
Still, if you or @Notshane could translate this, it'd be appreciated. Apparently, all 5 links come together to make one story.

Last edited:

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Yeah, I was just about to say that as well. Fever mode wasn't around until...well...Puyo Puyo...Fever.:rolleyes: Still, I'd actually like it Arle used Puyo Puyo Fever as an FS, or a combo of all of her magical spells ala Robin's FS in Smash 4.
I wasn't implying that Fever mode was in Puyo~n at all, just that it would be a sensible final smash. Something involving Henshin mode could work as well, giving her 2 different final smashes (Child and Adult forms) like Ryu. An idea I personally think would be cool is her and Amitie performing a sort of "Double Bayoen."

Notshane

Smash Ace
I can not even get to the website because it requires registration. And whenever I try to do that, I am told that "only half-width, lowercase alphanumeric characters, hyphens (-), and underscores (_) are allowed" so this website is complicated as hell to get to. Why does everything require that you register these days?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wasn't implying that Fever mode was in Puyo~n at all, just that it would be a sensible final smash. Something involving Henshin mode could work as well, giving her 2 different final smashes (Child and Adult forms) like Ryu. An idea I personally think would be cool is her and Amitie performing a sort of "Double Bayoen."
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure what you were getting at at first. BTW, Fever would work as a good FS, though. You know, Transformation would be a very unique idea too! To be honest, if it weren't for Sakurai's claims on Transformations being difficult to add in the 3DS version of Smash 4, I'd be all for this idea! Actually, I still am, just that I feel Sakurai won't bother with it since Transforming seems to be a challenge for the original 3DS. Still, Arle could use it for powering up all of her attacks at the cost of slower casting (activation) speed. BTW, you have any ideas on what the two FSs could be for Arle's younger and older forms? Also, I feel that if Arle were to have a team based FS in the style of Robin and Chrom, it just HAS to have Arle, Amitie, AND Ringo in it. Arle could use Ice Storm, Amitie using Flame Blast, and Ringo using "Cosine".

I can not even get to the website because it requires registration. And whenever I try to do that, I am told that "only half-width, lowercase alphanumeric characters, hyphens (-), and underscores (_) are allowed" so this website is complicated as hell to get to. Why does everything require that you register these days?
Oh, brother. All right, give me a moment. I'm going to try to upload it from my PC.

upload_2015-9-20_2-16-9.png
upload_2015-9-20_2-16-36.png
upload_2015-9-20_2-17-8.png

Top Bottom