• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Arle Nadja for Smash!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
A person can dream, can't they?

The Pikmin games were great and all, but to me, Olimar is really one of the last Nintendo reps we needed. They really had a bigger list to choose from. I ALWAYS wanted Goemon to show up since he is from an awesome fighting adventure game, but sadly, nobody wants him.

If Arle does not make it this time around, I am going to definitely try to start a campaign for Goemon as well as her, but four times better. In fact, I rebooted the Goemon scene recently on here, but sadly, I did not exactly provide a moveset and all that. I was kind of cheesy in my sentiments so the thread quickly died, but I think it is still open for more replies.

Yeah, it is a bit strange. But, when I think about it more, I think they are not counting the Pilotwings franchise as a whole, but are counting that specific SNES one; before the characters were introduced. So, I guess it kind of makes sense when I think about it. Technically, the most recent Pilotwings are not in Sm4sh yet; only the first incarnation on the SNES. Before Lark existed. Hence, the airplane representing Pilotwings on the SNES Masterpiece.

Yeah, but everyone that played Puyo Pop Fever still has it to my knowledge. A good chunk of people enjoyed the gameplay and most still buy it again for the Gamecube and some for the Dreamcast since it has the language option and better graphics; since the 3D did feel a bit off. So, they would probably recognize it as "Puyo Pop" since EVERY localization has since referred it as such. It just makes sense to stick with that name, unless everyone really does know it as "Puyo Puyo" now.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. Did not even know about it until this past summer, as I thought the steam was just for effect. But, yeah, it definitely increased the knockback by a crap ton. Ike is unstoppable if you use his rage right.

Yeah, Duck Hunt is literally the first d*ck entry in the series for sure due to all of his moves and the way they chain :laugh:

Yeah, exactly. It is SO dumb that it was for that reason alone that Takamaru did not make it. Like, it actually enrages me just a bit; especially since he KNEW that the last time was a success for that series. So, WHY would he refuse to do it again? Makes no sense to me.

Oh, by the way, the American vote for Arle is not with us. On an official thread that made a huge list of links to polls regarding individual characters, Arle did not have favorable results at all. My faith has dwindled a little in the western appeal, too. So, all we can do is pray that Nintendo listens to the vote of Japan just as much.

The Sad Poll Itself:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll395798xeb47441E-15

I also got a bit sad at this too:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

That is, until I noticed something.

Below Arle is Ryu. Now, WHO unexpectedly appeared in Sm4sh as DLC last summer? Yeah, you get the idea. So, Arle can still be an entry, even if nobody particularly voted for her. I mean, Ryu had the demand I'm sure, but this poll clearly states that he was not highly requested at all; only partially at best. And yet, he still showed up.

It gives me faith that Arle still has a chance, even though it also mentions that she has low worldwide recognition, as something that Nintendo actually stays true to is to make sure that all fans are satisfied. So, they could very well go against Arle as well.

Still, given her popular Japanese demand, being in the top FOUR, they could very well surprise us and throw her in for the heck of it. I bet some of the lower results might see fit to appear in Sm4sh at one point too, seeing as how Ryu pulled it off.
Yes. Yes, they can.

Also, never really played the Pikmin games. Don't hate the series, just never really had that much of an interest in it.

BTW, if Arle doesn't show up for this Smash, good luck on your efforts for her AND Goemon in the next Smash!

Also, when I said that Lark wasn't playable what I also meant was that SINCE he isn't playable, (and made no appearance in Smash 4, along with the rest of the cast of PW 64) No one from that game would show up as the Masterpiece icon for the Pilot Wings (SNES) demo you could play in Smash 4 and as a result, the best they could use was the red bi-plane that shows up in the Pilot Wings stage in Smash 4.

You have to admit, the fact that that was the closest the series has gone to finally going 3D was pretty interesting in its own right. Also, I'm sure everyone who knows about the series in the U.S., calls it "Puyo Pop" now.

Wait, Ike can be that better with the "rage" effect? Hhmmm....I should check that out......

Duck Hunt's attacks....OMG....Not even going to lie, they're my 3rd most used character after Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, (counting all 8 kids as a single thing here. LOL.) and my second most used, Kirby.

Dude, OMG, you don't know how much it irritates me as well. Honestly, so what? Sakurai isn't as much of risk-taker anymore? Dude, it's SUPER SMASH BROS.!!! As long as you can get ANYONE in this game, their popularity will, without a DOUBT, SKYROCKET to levels they would never think possible! After everything Taka's been appearing in, you want to tell us "Low knowledge in the West", is the WHOLE reason he WASN'T playable?! Are you freakin' kidding me with that crud?! Just tell us it was time constraints, or some bull, and I STILL would have taken THAT as a better excuse...

And believe you me, I'm very much aware of the fact that the Western votes for Arle aren't looking too good at the moment, which I personally saw coming a mile away, which is why I'm personally hoping that Nintendo takes a good long look at their Japanese suggestions. I voted YES for Arle on that poll, BTW. (Like I would say NO?) Also, I've read that Source Gaming article. Let's be glad Arle even on there to begin with! Still, you do have a point on that whole "she's higher on the poll than Ryu" thing. Hopefully, that will mean SOMETHING good. Also, you have a point on Nintendo's "satisfaction guarantee". Still, let's pray that Sakurai doesn't make the BONE-HEADED excuse of low worldwide recognition", although I'll admit, that excuse would more than likely work better for ARLE than it does Taka, if you want my personal opinion.

But I still think you're right. Given the ENORMOUS popular deman for Arle Nadja in Japan, and being one of the top 4 characters in terms of 3rd party requests, we'll just have to see (and hope) that Arle makes it in somehow.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Also, never really played the Pikmin games. Don't hate the series, just never really had that much of an interest in it.
Same here.

BTW, if Arle doesn't show up for this Smash, good luck on your efforts for her AND Goemon in the next Smash!
Still open for replies :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/goem...tendo-64-childhoods-might-know-of-him.414127/

Also, when I said that Lark wasn't playable what I also meant was that SINCE he isn't playable, (and made no appearance in Smash 4, along with the rest of the cast of PW 64) No one from that game would show up as the Masterpiece icon for the Pilot Wings (SNES) demo you could play in Smash 4 and as a result, the best they could use was the red bi-plane that shows up in the Pilot Wings stage in Smash 4.
Yeah, but my theory was that, because none of those characters appeared in the first game on the SNES, that is why they used the biplane. I am sure they would have used the characters, when I think about it, if they tried to make a stage based off of Pilotwings 64. To my knowledge, they have done history things with recent characters, but not future things where they go on about where the series went and all that. I have never seen that kind of thing before, anyway.

You have to admit, the fact that that was the closest the series has gone to finally going 3D was pretty interesting in its own right. Also, I'm sure everyone who knows about the series in the U.S., calls it "Puyo Pop" now.
Yeah, but the 3D Puyos looked a bit strange. I feel like 2D is better for the series, as some games still look gorgeous in high definition 2D (Puzzle Fighter, anyone?) when you do it right. I would not have minded 3D cut-scenes, or high definition anime cut......why do I do this to myself?

Wait, Ike can be that better with the "rage" effect? Hhmmm....I should check that out......
Then check Bowser out. Oh, MAN, just when I thought I was gonna get an easy kill, too.

Duck Hunt's attacks....OMG....Not even going to lie, they're my 3rd most used character after Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, (counting all 8 kids as a single thing here. LOL.) and my second most used, Kirby.
I use them a lot, but not recently with my friends. Mostly online. I suppose I still have a grudge against the duo due to my enjoyment of Takamaru and finding out that Duck Hunt beat him. It is pretty hard to get over that, ya know?

Dude, OMG, you don't know how much it irritates me as well. Honestly, so what? Sakurai isn't as much of risk-taker anymore? Dude, it's SUPER SMASH BROS.!!! As long as you can get ANYONE in this game, their popularity will, without a DOUBT, SKYROCKET to levels they would never think possible! After everything Taka's been appearing in, you want to tell us "Low knowledge in the West", is the WHOLE reason he WASN'T playable?! Are you freakin' kidding me with that crud?! Just tell us it was time constraints, or some bull, and I STILL would have taken THAT as a better excuse...
YUP. You got the correct answer! Nintendo are just a bunch of hypocrites sometimes, though I do not know if this is just them in general or new people mixing things up anymore. They just lost yet another president recently, one of the best; so it will be PRETTY hard to see what future they go through with now. Virtual Console staying, hybrid console and handheld to mix things up? Will they even have innovation in their systems anymore? Who knows.

Likewise, what will happen to Smash if Sakurai is gone? Will they finally realize that they should not be restricting a CONSOLE because of a HANDHELD?! I know it is more popular, but come on! EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS, PLEASE. Everyone loved Ice Cilmbers, everyone loved the epic story mode.

Quite frankly, as much as I would miss them, I would not mind the cut-scenes brushed off and they just redid the environments you fight in that were already made, albeit in high definition. Or, upscaled at the very least. Brawl graphics still look amazing in high definition in some areas, so I would not mind if it was using the same textures in a higher resolution.

Even worse, the 3DS got Smash Run which is similar enough. Why did WE get Smash Tour? I will never know. But, I digress.

Nintendo is just bad at staying true to their word sometimes, and not putting in Takamaru was a pretty dumb mistake; given they knew what happened the last time a Japanese character was thrown into the Smash. Likewise, Arle would not be bad at all and she would definitely resurrect Puyo Puyo in the west once and for all.

Before they make any new entries, though, I would not mind a localization of the prior entries so that more fans know of that awesome story in the campaign. The comedy level in that series is just phenomenal sometimes and people deserve to read that dialogue that the Japanese got to enjoy. The Wii U can make remakes of Puyo Puyo Tetris and high definition remakes of 20th Annviersary and before, or the Nintendo NX; and restore the campaigns and menus as they were, but again, in high definition. It would be beautiful.

And believe you me, I'm very much aware of the fact that the Western votes for Arle aren't looking too good at the moment, which I personally saw coming a mile away, which is why I'm personally hoping that Nintendo takes a good long look at their Japanese suggestions. I voted YES for Arle on that poll, BTW. (Like I would say NO?) Also, I've read that Source Gaming article. Let's be glad Arle even on there to begin with! Still, you do have a point on that whole "she's higher on the poll than Ryu" thing. Hopefully, that will mean SOMETHING good. Also, you have a point on Nintendo's "satisfaction guarantee". Still, let's pray that Sakurai doesn't make the BONE-HEADED excuse of low worldwide recognition", although I'll admit, that excuse would more than likely work better for ARLE than it does Taka, if you want my personal opinion.
It has to. Ryu was barely requested, but Nintendo was being classic Nintendo again. Bet it went something like this:

"What if we just threw in this awesome fighter from a very well known 2D fighting series and actually LEFT in the input commands? better yet, REWARD the players with more powerful versions of the moves that are already shortcut to the special move buttons if they do the input command instead? What if we even throw in special commands, such as the Shakunetsu Hadoken, and even let young KIRBY use it in the same way? He is the master of special moves, after all! And to top it all off, let's allow them to also use the attack button in the input commands! I tell you, men, we are thinking outside the box again."

"But, sir, what about his final smash? People request the Shinku Hadoken, but also request the Shin Shoryuken as well! Which one should we decide?"

"Men...I am going out on a limb here, but how about we make some more money? You ready?"

"YEAH!"

"LET'S MAKE RYU THE LEGACY OF THE SERIES BY GIVING HIM TWO FINAL SMASHES!"

"(gasp) But, Mr. Sakurai, isn't that going against the rules of Smash? What will the Melee-"

"SCREW THE MELEE FANBOYS! This is for the fans that waited for us to finally be innovative in the series again! Let's give Ryu all these moves at once and modestly charge for both him AND his stage!"

"STAGE?!"

"Yes, men. A stage. Every character on the roster has one, so why not Ryu?"

"Good point, Mr. Sakurai! We are on it!"

But I still think you're right. Given the ENORMOUS popular demand for Arle Nadja in Japan, and being one of the top 4 characters in terms of 3rd party requests, we'll just have to see (and hope) that Arle makes it in somehow.
She will surely be Japanese exclusive if Sakurai can even reconsider that idea again. I have both versions of the game, so I can live with this if she is. I just look forward to playing as her so much if she shows up in some way. Even if she did not have a trailer, I would be okay with that.

But, knowing Nintendo, they would have to think of something that both Japan and America would enjoy. Or, better yet, just introduce America to the way the games are by leaving the trailer entirely in Japanese with the original character voices intact, but just have subtitles.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Same here.

Still open for replies :)
http://smashboards.com/threads/goem...tendo-64-childhoods-might-know-of-him.414127/

Yeah, but my theory was that, because none of those characters appeared in the first game on the SNES, that is why they used the biplane. I am sure they would have used the characters, when I think about it, if they tried to make a stage based off of Pilotwings 64. To my knowledge, they have done history things with recent characters, but not future things where they go on about where the series went and all that. I have never seen that kind of thing before, anyway.

Yeah, but the 3D Puyos looked a bit strange. I feel like 2D is better for the series, as some games still look gorgeous in high definition 2D (Puzzle Fighter, anyone?) when you do it right. I would not have minded 3D cut-scenes, or high definition anime cut......why do I do this to myself?

Then check Bowser out. Oh, MAN, just when I thought I was gonna get an easy kill, too.

I use them a lot, but not recently with my friends. Mostly online. I suppose I still have a grudge against the duo due to my enjoyment of Takamaru and finding out that Duck Hunt beat him. It is pretty hard to get over that, ya know?

YUP. You got the correct answer! Nintendo are just a bunch of hypocrites sometimes, though I do not know if this is just them in general or new people mixing things up anymore. They just lost yet another president recently, one of the best; so it will be PRETTY hard to see what future they go through with now. Virtual Console staying, hybrid console and handheld to mix things up? Will they even have innovation in their systems anymore? Who knows.

Likewise, what will happen to Smash if Sakurai is gone? Will they finally realize that they should not be restricting a CONSOLE because of a HANDHELD?! I know it is more popular, but come on! EXCLUSIVE CHARACTERS, PLEASE. Everyone loved Ice Cilmbers, everyone loved the epic story mode.

Quite frankly, as much as I would miss them, I would not mind the cut-scenes brushed off and they just redid the environments you fight in that were already made, albeit in high definition. Or, upscaled at the very least. Brawl graphics still look amazing in high definition in some areas, so I would not mind if it was using the same textures in a higher resolution.

Even worse, the 3DS got Smash Run which is similar enough. Why did WE get Smash Tour? I will never know. But, I digress.

Nintendo is just bad at staying true to their word sometimes, and not putting in Takamaru was a pretty dumb mistake; given they knew what happened the last time a Japanese character was thrown into the Smash. Likewise, Arle would not be bad at all and she would definitely resurrect Puyo Puyo in the west once and for all.

Before they make any new entries, though, I would not mind a localization of the prior entries so that more fans know of that awesome story in the campaign. The comedy level in that series is just phenomenal sometimes and people deserve to read that dialogue that the Japanese got to enjoy. The Wii U can make remakes of Puyo Puyo Tetris and high definition remakes of 20th Annviersary and before, or the Nintendo NX; and restore the campaigns and menus as they were, but again, in high definition. It would be beautiful.

It has to. Ryu was barely requested, but Nintendo was being classic Nintendo again. Bet it went something like this:

"What if we just threw in this awesome fighter from a very well known 2D fighting series and actually LEFT in the input commands? better yet, REWARD the players with more powerful versions of the moves that are already shortcut to the special move buttons if they do the input command instead? What if we even throw in special commands, such as the Shakunetsu Hadoken, and even let young KIRBY use it in the same way? He is the master of special moves, after all! And to top it all off, let's allow them to also use the attack button in the input commands! I tell you, men, we are thinking outside the box again."

"But, sir, what about his final smash? People request the Shinku Hadoken, but also request the Shin Shoryuken as well! Which one should we decide?"

"Men...I am going out on a limb here, but how about we make some more money? You ready?"

"YEAH!"

"LET'S MAKE RYU THE LEGACY OF THE SERIES BY GIVING HIM TWO FINAL SMASHES!"

"(gasp) But, Mr. Sakurai, isn't that going against the rules of Smash? What will the Melee-"

"SCREW THE MELEE FANBOYS! This is for the fans that waited for us to finally be innovative in the series again! Let's give Ryu all these moves at once and modestly charge for both him AND his stage!"

"STAGE?!"

"Yes, men. A stage. Every character on the roster has one, so why not Ryu?"

"Good point, Mr. Sakurai! We are on it!"

She will surely be Japanese exclusive if Sakurai can even reconsider that idea again. I have both versions of the game, so I can live with this if she is. I just look forward to playing as her so much if she shows up in some way. Even if she did not have a trailer, I would be okay with that.

But, knowing Nintendo, they would have to think of something that both Japan and America would enjoy. Or, better yet, just introduce America to the way the games are by leaving the trailer entirely in Japanese with the original character voices intact, but just have subtitles.
Check it oooouuuuuuuuuut:

It's for a 3DS HD rerelease of SEGA games on the 3DS, including Puyo Puyo Tsu. However, I REALLY will not be surprised if they make it Japan-exclusive.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Check it oooouuuuuuuuuut:

It's for a 3DS HD rerelease of SEGA games on the 3DS, including Puyo Puyo Tsu. However, I REALLY will not be surprised if they make it Japan-exclusive.
Well, it is official, I love my region free Super 3DS now, though I am a bit upset that I can not find more information on this.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, it is official, I love my region free Super 3DS now, though I am a bit upset that I can not find more information on this.
Well, I'll say this much. PLEASE do not let SEGA make the bone-headed decision of replacing this with Mean Bean Machine or even worse.....removing the game altogether and make it Japan-exclusive! BTW, there's something I've been meaning to ask you for a while. I don't suppose you live in Japan, do you? Just curious.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, I'll say this much. PLEASE do not let SEGA make the bone-headed decision of replacing this with Mean Bean Machine or even worse.....removing the game altogether and make it Japan-exclusive! BTW, there's something I've been meaning to ask you for a while. I don't suppose you live in Japan, do you? Just curious.
Well, I could live with that since I could still play it and navigate the menus just fine I'm sure, but the Puyo Puyo series has been so obscure here that I can see it coming to that if they do localize it. Or, given SEGA has been doing lots of changes to the company lately, I can see them finally acknowledging the light fan base here and actually trying to localize it one last time to see if it catches on.

And, nope. I always wanted to, though, since it looked so bright and colorful. It is a very stringent place with very strict rules, but it certainly has such an interesting atmosphere from most places I have ever seen that I do want to maybe temporarily live there someday. Going around to play actual high definition arcade machines, some of which have Puyo Puyo Tsu on them as of a few years ago; seeing wacky advertisements on huge electronic billboards and more.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, rest in piece Arle Nadja and other Puyo protagonists. It's been nice knowing you since Sega is planning on temperarily replacing you with a Love Life character of all things. -_-

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...cially-the-face-of-sega-puyo-puyo-game/.92726
Oh, for goodness' sake...PLEASE don't tell me this is a permanent thing...Also, when they say it like that, they don't honestly mean the series is getting ANOTHER reboot, this time with Arle and the rest of the cast created up to this point are ALL getting removed like during the transition to the Fever-era? BTW, is this supposed to mean that if Puyo Puyo Tsu DOES get released in the U.S., it's getting another reskin?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, for goodness' sake...PLEASE don't tell me this is a permanent thing...Also, when they say it like that, they don't honestly mean the series is getting ANOTHER reboot, this time with Arle and the rest of the cast created up to this point are ALL getting removed like during the transition to the Fever-era? BTW, is this supposed to mean that if Puyo Puyo Tsu DOES get released in the U.S., it's getting another reskin?
At this point, I can confirm that Sega is so desperate for money that they would replace their own main character with an overrated anime character based on idols. The article said that she'll be the new face of Puyo Puyo, but I seriously hope that this is a one time deal since I doubt Love Life would stay popular forever. And no, I don't think they would reskin a classic like Tsu in the Western versions since that would require too much work and Love Live is thankfully niche in the West.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
I will be honest, I actually would enjoy it either way if we had some wacky anime character in Sm4sh. NOT that this new Rin character has become that popular already to guarantee her a position in the series, but I would feel so surprised if I just saw her show up in the DLC one day.

It would probably start some fan rage thing where anyone that plays her is a weeaboo or something and might even spark up some controversy, because all Americans get mad for absolutely no reason at the most idiotic things. If you browse through YouTube comments, you might lose lots of self-confidence and IQ points.

But, yeah, I did not want to believe it. But, apparently, Rin might also be the face of the localized Puyo Pop games, according to a few things I read recently; as a means to have a "standout character" that the west would enjoy. Combine that with Arle not being the main protagonist anymore and new fans of Puyo Puyo might think she is a minor character.

Even on the official Wikipedia page of the anime, she just showed up; hinting that this might be a real thing. But, keep in mind that Puyo Puyo has done crossovers before through incorporation of other anime characters in their games. I bet this might be similar to Haro no Puyo Puyo where they just temporarily use the characters for a single game and then the fad will just end there.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
Huh, this wasn't expected at all. Though unless I misread, it seems as though she's only promoting the game and not becoming the new protagonist or rebooting the series or anything. This decision probably isn't super weird in Japan, and apparently this character could be promoting more Sega games...Doesn't Sega already have Miku for that sort of thing? Regardless, I don't think this has any effect on Arle's chances or anything, just Sega of Japan being Sega of Japan.

It would probably start some fan rage thing where anyone that plays her is a weeaboo or something and might even spark up some controversy, because all Americans get mad for absolutely no reason at the most idiotic things. If you browse through YouTube comments, you might lose lots of self-confidence and IQ points.
I wouldn't just say Americans, but yeah, there's a lot of that. Kind of ironic really considering that Smash and Nintendo are Japanese, but I suppose it's because most of their stuff isn't "stereotypical" Japanese (being riddled with fanservice, moe girls/waifus everywhere, etc.) and have a pretty worldwide appeal that people don't want to see anything that might even resemble it in Smash.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I wouldn't just say Americans, but yeah, there's a lot of that. Kind of ironic really considering that Smash and Nintendo are Japanese, but I suppose it's because most of their stuff isn't "stereotypical" Japanese (being riddled with fanservice, moe girls/waifus everywhere, etc.) and have a pretty worldwide appeal that people don't want to see anything that might even resemble it in Smash.
Well, that is far too late, then. Fire Emblem technically incorporates an anime-esque style and female Robin is probably the closest we are gonna get to a female anime character in the game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I will be honest, I actually would enjoy it either way if we had some wacky anime character in Sm4sh. NOT that this new Rin character has become that popular already to guarantee her a position in the series, but I would feel so surprised if I just saw her show up in the DLC one day.

But, yeah, I did not want to believe it. But, apparently, Rin might also be the face of the localized Puyo Pop games, according to a few things I read recently; as a means to have a "standout character" that the west would enjoy. Combine that with Arle not being the main protagonist anymore and new fans of Puyo Puyo might think she is a minor character.

Even on the official Wikipedia page of the anime, she just showed up; hinting that this might be a real thing. But, keep in mind that Puyo Puyo has done crossovers before through incorporation of other anime characters in their games. I bet this might be similar to Haro no Puyo Puyo where they just temporarily use the characters for a single game and then the fad will just end there.
*Gulp*....could I.....get a link? You know, to the thing you saw that may imply Rin being the new face of localized Puyo games.

Notshane

Smash Ace
*Gulp*....could I.....get a link? You know, to the thing you saw that may imply Rin being the new face of localized Puyo games.
The official source I talked about at the last paragraph was referring to information that was recently updated on Wikipedia regarding Rin's status on the Puyo Puyo series. According to that website, Rin is to be the main character, but it just links back to the reference that Azure Warrior mentioned earlier. I never mentioned that other stuff.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The official source I talked about at the last paragraph was referring to information that was recently updated on Wikipedia regarding Rin's status on the Puyo Puyo series. According to that website, Rin is to be the main character, but it just links back to the reference that Azure Warrior mentioned earlier. I never mentioned that other stuff.
You know, it's funny, NOW I'd like to see this happen if it will help the series get localized. Say if, she becomes ONE of the main characters in the series now, ALONGSIDE Arle and the others, I'll honestly welcome that. What I'm NOT hoping for is that the series gets rebooted again (though if it's a reboot of the series' artstyle, then I guess I'd like to see that.) and/or that Rin overall takes over the ENTIRE series and Arle, Amitie, and Ringo and the rest of the cast up to Puyo Puyo Tetris gets removed from canon. (OR at least as canon as canon can be in Puyo Puyo.)

Notshane

Smash Ace
You know, it's funny, NOW I'd like to see this happen if it will help the series get localized. Say if, she becomes ONE of the main characters in the series now, ALONGSIDE Arle and the others, I'll honestly welcome that. What I'm NOT hoping for is that the series gets rebooted again (though if it's a reboot of the series' artstyle, then I guess I'd like to see that.) and/or that Rin overall takes over the ENTIRE series and Arle, Amitie, and Ringo and the rest of the cast up to Puyo Puyo Tetris gets removed from canon. (OR at least as canon as canon can be in Puyo Puyo.)
I can definitely not see Rin becoming a permanent character. Given the popularity of Puyo Puyo in Japan, combined with the top requested character (recent information suggests that Arle is now at the top in Japan) would mean that they would be giving their fans the middle finger with a reboot.

Honestly, if anything changes, I would not mind Arle going back to the way she was and all the new characters being converted to fit HER universe's art style. Where Arle has brown hair and everyone else has a sense of realism in a similar style.

Also take into consideration that Puyo Puyo has been around since the Master System. The most well known one was on the Genesis. And then there were TWO ARCADE PERFECT ENTRIES and TWO SPIN-OFFS that were on the Saturn; the most popular console in Japan. Outside that, the most innovative Madou Monogatari entry, and the last, was on the Saturn; even using real translucency which is a rarity for the console. The spin-offs were crafted very professionally as well.

The Dreamcast then gave us Puyo Puyo~n which managed to step up the series yet again with Arle finally finishing her quest and is now a fully realized adult wizard. By this point, the series should have been doing well enough for Compile to not go bankrupt, so that still doesn't make sense HOW they did. The reason why they did that overhaul was beyond me. Had they kept the series the way it was, it might have garnered more recognition here since everyone is trying to translate most of the original entries.

With all this in mind, Sonic Team KNOWS that doing an overhaul of the series now would cause a huge commotion in Japan and ultimately ruin the franchise. The first overhaul was well-received, but a second with an entirely new cast of characters, and writing out the old ones, would be very bad; no matter HOW many gameplay innovations come with it.

I know they have learned by now that impulsive decisions are not the best, which makes me sad because now they might not impulsively put Arle into Sm4sh and instead think about it more, which means they'll think about the audience outside of Japan. Shulk was also well-received outside of Japan which is how he made it in, but Arle is not doing so well here.

Though with that in mind, SEGA is probably aware of the Puyo Puyo games having an adequate following and might try and localize it one more time. And, given Puyo Puyo Tsu was the most popular entry here and it is in the 3D Classics, I can see the first import release of that series happening here pretty soon. And to start out, they would HAVE to include Arle in Sm4sh, or else the campaign might gain notoriety here and the series will remain in Japan.

Oh, by the way, Loïc Loïc , I just found out that there were a total of about FOUR localized games of the original series. Before Puyo Puyo Tsu, the FIRST entry, Puyo Puyo, was actually localized here. The Game Gear offered one of the most innovative features I have ever seen on a handheld. When I popped in Puyo Puyo on an American Game Gear, it not only read the game, but read it in a different way that made it entirely in English. So, it is the first true localization of the series; about two decades ago.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can definitely not see Rin becoming a permanent character. Given the popularity of Puyo Puyo in Japan, combined with the top requested character (recent information suggests that Arle is now at the top in Japan) would mean that they would be giving their fans the middle finger with a reboot.

Honestly, if anything changes, I would not mind Arle going back to the way she was and all the new characters being converted to fit HER universe's art style. Where Arle has brown hair and everyone else has a sense of realism in a similar style.

Also take into consideration that Puyo Puyo has been around since the Master System. The most well known one was on the Genesis. And then there were TWO ARCADE PERFECT ENTRIES and TWO SPIN-OFFS that were on the Saturn; the most popular console in Japan. Outside that, the most innovative Madou Monogatari entry, and the last, was on the Saturn; even using real translucency which is a rarity for the console. The spin-offs were crafted very professionally as well.

The Dreamcast then gave us Puyo Puyo~n which managed to step up the series yet again with Arle finally finishing her quest and is now a fully realized adult wizard. By this point, the series should have been doing well enough for Compile to not go bankrupt, so that still doesn't make sense HOW they did. The reason why they did that overhaul was beyond me. Had they kept the series the way it was, it might have garnered more recognition here since everyone is trying to translate most of the original entries.

With all this in mind, Sonic Team KNOWS that doing an overhaul of the series now would cause a huge commotion in Japan and ultimately ruin the franchise. The first overhaul was well-received, but a second with an entirely new cast of characters, and writing out the old ones, would be very bad; no matter HOW many gameplay innovations come with it.

I know they have learned by now that impulsive decisions are not the best, which makes me sad because now they might not impulsively put Arle into Sm4sh and instead think about it more, which means they'll think about the audience outside of Japan. Shulk was also well-received outside of Japan which is how he made it in, but Arle is not doing so well here.

Though with that in mind, SEGA is probably aware of the Puyo Puyo games having an adequate following and might try and localize it one more time. And, given Puyo Puyo Tsu was the most popular entry here and it is in the 3D Classics, I can see the first import release of that series happening here pretty soon. And to start out, they would HAVE to include Arle in Sm4sh, or else the campaign might gain notoriety here and the series will remain in Japan.

Oh, by the way, Loïc Loïc , I just found out that there were a total of about FOUR localized games of the original series. Before Puyo Puyo Tsu, the FIRST entry, Puyo Puyo, was actually localized here. The Game Gear offered one of the most innovative features I have ever seen on a handheld. When I popped in Puyo Puyo on an American Game Gear, it not only read the game, but read it in a different way that made it entirely in English. So, it is the first true localization of the series; about two decades ago.
Wait, recent info says that ARLE is the top requested character? For what exactly....?

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
That's pretty amazing. It's nice to have some sort of confirmation that the series was intended to be released overseas from the start.
For Smash, huh?:smirk: Oh, hold up! Are you saying she's the most requested 3rd party character for Smash now?!:surprised: YAY!:colorful:
Wait, when did this happen?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That's pretty amazing. It's nice to have some sort of confirmation that the series was intended to be released overseas from the start.

Wait, when did this happen?
Take a look: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/
Good news for Puyo fans. Now we just need to hope that Sakurai doesn't make the boneheaded decision of "If a character is more prominent in Japan, they have NO chance of getting into Smash." I mean honestly, me and @Notshane were talking about it. Look up in one of our conversations, and we're pretty much talking about the BS reason Sakurai gave as to why Taka was cut from Smash 4, which was he isn't popular in the West. Really? How did Fire Emblem get out here?! Seriously, me and @Notshane are STILL holding it over sakurai's head that he added FE content to Melee, and not ONE game of that series was released in the West at time, until :marthmelee: and :roymelee:'s PLAYABLE appearance in Melee. Heck, speaking of :roymelee:, technically Melee WAS his first appearance in a video game OVERALL! As a result, two years after Melee, the first FE game would be released in the West, owing a LOT of it to :marthmelee: and :roymelee:'s playable appearance in SSBM. I'm simply afraid Arle may have a slightly tougher time of being in Smash, due to her third party status, AND being more prominent in Japan than anything. Still, if FE could pull it off, Puyo Puyo shouldn't have that much of a MASSIVE problem. Heck, if anything, it's practically SEGA's fault for being the ones trying to hide the series' true nature from the rest of the world to begin with. I'd honestly be amazed if they decided to turn down an offer to have Arle in Smash.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
It already had an English release in the arcades, though many consider it unofficial since it looked shoddy. But, the Game Gear being the first home entry was pretty impressive. That means there is a way to play nearly every entry in the Compile era in English.

For Smash, huh?:smirk: Oh, hold up! Are you saying she's the most requested 3rd party character for Smash now?!:surprised: YAY!:colorful:
Yeah, man! Though we should not be surprised, as the series did do one of the greatest crossovers of all-time a year ago.

Take a look: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/
Good news for Puyo fans. Now we just need to hope that Sakurai doesn't make the boneheaded decision of "If a character is more prominent in Japan, they have NO chance of getting into Smash." I mean honestly, me and @Notshane were talking about it. Look up in one of our conversations, and we're pretty much talking about the BS reason Sakurai gave as to why Taka was cut from Smash 4, which was he isn't popular in the West. Really? How did Fire Emblem get out here?! Seriously, me and @Notshane are STILL holding it over sakurai's head that he added FE content to Melee, and not ONE game of that series was released in the West at time, until :marthmelee: and :roymelee:'s PLAYABLE appearance in Melee. Heck, speaking of :roymelee:, technically Melee WAS his first appearance in a video game OVERALL! As a result, two years after Melee, the first FE game would be released in the West, owing a LOT of it to :marthmelee: and :roymelee:'s playable appearance in SSBM. I'm simply afraid Arle may have a slightly tougher time of being in Smash, due to her third party status, AND being more prominent in Japan than anything. Still, if FE could pull it off, Puyo Puyo shouldn't have that much of a MASSIVE problem. Heck, if anything, it's practically SEGA's fault for being the ones trying to hide the series' true nature from the rest of the world to begin with. I'd honestly be amazed if they decided to turn down an offer to have Arle in Smash.
This. Like, Arle really should have a chance by this point for sure if those two did. They even did it for fun, too.

But, that also makes me wonder: had Sakurai known the series was going to continue, would he have been more stringent with his character adding? As in, not throwing in Fire Emblem with fear that it would be unknown to the West, as to not let it jeopardize sales of future installments? I mean, clearly, they did fantastic with that idea so holding back on it by excluding Takamaru was pretty dumb. A man who is a samurai, ninja AND mage would have been fun, let me tell you. Could not go on enough about this.

Also, I just did some more research about the series' localization status again. And, well, I actually do not want to share the results I recently discovered :chuckle: as it would carry over a third big topic into this discussion.

Oh, and lastly, speaking of the series, that 3D entry of Puyo Puyo Tsu hits the stores on Christmas day this year! Yes, exclusively in RETAIL form and not digital, so this is pretty damn awesome. That game is ONCE AGAIN being re-released after the many times it has been released already.

I am so going to ask for this for Christmas and I will be playing the hell out of it until my heart's content. To top it off, there are some suggestions saying it might have multiple language options, and since Japan loves America, they would most likely include it in English as well.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It already had an English release in the arcades, though many consider it unofficial since it looked shoddy. But, the Game Gear being the first home entry was pretty impressive. That means there is a way to play nearly every entry in the Compile era in English.

Yeah, man! Though we should not be surprised, as the series did do one of the greatest crossovers of all-time a year ago.

This. Like, Arle really should have a chance by this point for sure if those two did. They even did it for fun, too.

But, that also makes me wonder: had Sakurai known the series was going to continue, would he have been more stringent with his character adding? As in, not throwing in Fire Emblem with fear that it would be unknown to the West, as to not let it jeopardize sales of future installments? I mean, clearly, they did fantastic with that idea so holding back on it by excluding Takamaru was pretty dumb. A man who is a samurai, ninja AND mage would have been fun, let me tell you. Could not go on enough about this.

Also, I just did some more research about the series' localization status again. And, well, I actually do not want to share the results I recently discovered :chuckle: as it would carry over a third big topic into this discussion.

Oh, and lastly, speaking of the series, that 3D entry of Puyo Puyo Tsu hits the stores on Christmas day this year! Yes, exclusively in RETAIL form and not digital, so this is pretty damn awesome. That game is ONCE AGAIN being re-released after the many times it has been released already.

I am so going to ask for this for Christmas and I will be playing the hell out of it until my heart's content. To top it off, there are some suggestions saying it might have multiple language options, and since Japan loves America, they would most likely include it in English as well.
Oh, I see. Well, I'm glad that you agree! Still, it's going to be released on Christmas Day. We better hope and pray that between that time, Puyo Puyo Tsu doesn't get a reskin and stays true to its true form. I'm legit hoping a MBM reskin doesn't happen this time around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dammit, I said I wouldn't say anything, but I guess I have to now. They already did do another re-skin here recently.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Puyo Puyo Quest/news.asp?c=67104
At this point, we might as well say Sega still hates the Puyo franchise to this very day. Chances are that the U.S. would get that knockoff as well instead of that new Puyo Pop game since I can't see them only treating the UK that way. If only the company can finally get their act together instead of doing Puyo reskins up until this point.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Dammit, I said I wouldn't say anything, but I guess I have to now. They already did do another re-skin here recently.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Puyo Puyo Quest/news.asp?c=67104
At this point, we might as well say Sega still hates the Puyo franchise to this very day. Chances are that the U.S. would get that knockoff as well instead of that new Puyo Pop game since I can't see them only treating the UK that way. If only the company can finally get their act together instead of doing Puyo reskins up until this point.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
16, huh. Not bad at all. According to the results, that would make her the 2nd most wanted 3rd party newcomer, and the 3rd most wanted 3rd party character. Here's hoping those numbers grow before the ballot ends.

thelackofsinandpunishmentcharacteroutofthe50characterskindofhurtsmysoulthough
Yeah, the Waluigi and Ashley votes were expected since they are the more louder of AT fans.

While Arle is in a good situation, the problem is more or less if Sega feels that such a character would be worthy of being in an international blockbuster like Smash. Knowing about that rebranding of a Puyo Pop game yesterday still gives me the impression that they have as much faith in her as the faith Nintendo has in Lip. But here's to hoping that Sakurai actually takes note of this and speak with a Sega of Japan representative about this.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Arle beat Bayonetta, Isaac and Cloud. Honestly, if they actually do not put her in the game by this point, I will be beyond pissed.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Holy hell, PushDustIn is finally done with the new data? And Arle is still doing good in Japan as expected. I've got to to tell the others about this.
I see you did!
16, huh. Not bad at all. According to the results, that would make her the 2nd most wanted 3rd party newcomer, and the 3rd most wanted 3rd party character. Here's hoping those numbers grow before the ballot ends.

thelackofsinandpunishmentcharacteroutofthe50characterskindofhurtsmysoulthough
It's amazing, isn't it? Honestly, I almost didn't think Arle would still be in a decent position, but then again, with Puyo Puyo more or less being So this is pretty good news for her! BTW, what exactly do you mean when you say Arle is the 2nd most wanted 3rd party, and the 3rd most wanted 3rd party? I'm not trying to be mean to you, it's just that I'm not entirely understanding the logic behind what you're saying right now.

Yeah, the Waluigi and Ashley votes were expected since they are the more louder of AT fans.

While Arle is in a good situation, the problem is more or less if Sega feels that such a character would be worthy of being in an international blockbuster like Smash. Knowing about that rebranding of a Puyo Pop game yesterday still gives me the impression that they have as much faith in her as the faith Nintendo has in Lip. But here's to hoping that Sakurai actually takes note of this and speak with a Sega of Japan representative about this.
That's a good point. It seems like Arle would be that type of character where despite all of her support, Sakurai would still need to pull a few strings to make her playable in Smash.

Arle beat Bayonetta, Isaac and Cloud. Honestly, if they actually do not put her in the game by this point, I will be beyond pissed.
I don't know if I would personally say pissed, but I would be disappointed. I mean don't get me wrong, I support Isaac, and would LOVE to see him in Smash, but Cloud, I'm indifferent on, and Bayo...well, I'm not too fond of her getting in a series like Smash overall. I feel like she may "taint" the series somehow.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
What exactly do you mean when you say Arle is the 2nd most wanted 3rd party, and the 3rd most wanted 3rd party?
"Newcomer" as in playable fighter, "character" as in just appearing in general, maybe.

That's a good point. It seems like Arle would be that type of character where despite all of her support, Sakurai would still need to pull a few strings to make her playable in Smash.
Given Puyo Puyo being pretty obscure outside Japan, I know SEGA would not be hesitant to jump on the bandwagon to ship her out overseas if such an opportunity arose.

I don't know if I would personally say pissed, but I would be disappointed. I mean don't get me wrong, I support Isaac, and would LOVE to see him in Smash, but Cloud, I'm indifferent on, and Bayo...well, I'm not too fond of her getting in a series like Smash overall. I feel like she may "taint" the series somehow.
Well, it just means that they are favoring the west a bit more if Arle happens to hit a pretty high amount of votes in Japan, but is still not accepted. It is not fair because of Japan's population not being that big enough to make a character vote standout, except for that alligator that has over ten percent. It reminds me of the Dreamcast because, well everyone outside Japan loved it, Japan itself mostly hated it. In fact, they were enraged of its announcement being pretty early because they wanted the Saturn to last a bit longer as they loved that thing and it did better than the N64 and Playstation combined there from what I remember. Again, in Japan, not outside of it.

If Sm4sh is solely picking characters based on overall opinion, I can honestly say now that Arle has a chance in hell of showing up. It could mostly be because America kind of hates most things anime and would not want Sm4sh to have any characters of the sorts from them. I mean, Arle did originate from a video game, but it is a heavily anime-esque one and that would not appeal to a broader audience outside of Japan.

At the very best, she would show up with an entirely new look or have a new representative altogether. I know she could show up if Sakurai wanted her to, since SEGA would love to push that character outside of Japan again after all these years and probably know of her growing fan base thanks to the internet and importing games. They might do something unique like make a new representative of the Puyo Pop series outside of Japan, but leave Arle as she is there.

It is a sad fate, but this is probably how things would go. That is, unless Arle can reach at least five or (unlikely) ten percent of the votes herself.

Loïc

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2964-9447-9337
It's amazing, isn't it? Honestly, I almost didn't think Arle would still be in a decent position, but then again, with Puyo Puyo more or less being So this is pretty good news for her! BTW, what exactly do you mean when you say Arle is the 2nd most wanted 3rd party, and the 3rd most wanted 3rd party? I'm not trying to be mean to you, it's just that I'm not entirely understanding the logic behind what you're saying right now.
I meant out of the results on the article (or by extension, Japan, though there's no way to actually know that), sorry for not clarifying.

Well, it just means that they are favoring the west a bit more if Arle happens to hit a pretty high amount of votes in Japan, but is still not accepted. It is not fair because of Japan's population not being that big enough to make a character vote standout, except for that alligator that has over ten percent. It reminds me of the Dreamcast because, well everyone outside Japan loved it, Japan itself mostly hated it. In fact, they were enraged of its announcement being pretty early because they wanted the Saturn to last a bit longer as they loved that thing and it did better than the N64 and Playstation combined there from what I remember. Again, in Japan, not outside of it.

If Sm4sh is solely picking characters based on overall opinion, I can honestly say now that Arle has a chance in hell of showing up. It could mostly be because America kind of hates most things anime and would not want Sm4sh to have any characters of the sorts from them. I mean, Arle did originate from a video game, but it is a heavily anime-esque one and that would not appeal to a broader audience outside of Japan.

At the very best, she would show up with an entirely new look or have a new representative altogether. I know she could show up if Sakurai wanted her to, since SEGA would love to push that character outside of Japan again after all these years and probably know of her growing fan base thanks to the internet and importing games. They might do something unique like make a new representative of the Puyo Pop series outside of Japan, but leave Arle as she is there.

It is a sad fate, but this is probably how things would go. That is, unless Arle can reach at least five or (unlikely) ten percent of the votes herself.
To be fair, Arle's current design (along with the general art style of Puyo) is more cartoonish in my opinion, so I don't think the US would immediately hate her because of that. I'm not entirely sure about Sega being so eager to push Puyo outside of Japan, either. I know the whole MBM/Kirby's Avalanche thing was a result of the times (hell, that sort of thing happened to Panel De Pon too) but I'm not sure whether Sega of Japan or Sega of America is responsible for taking interest in and localizing games from Japan. I'd imagine Sega of Japan would have the bigger influence on what gets brought over, and maybe since Fever failed they assumed that the west had no interest in the series and just gave up. There's not a huge demand for the games to be localized either like with Phantasy Star Online 2, and that STILL hasn't been brought over here yet.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
To be fair, Arle's current design (along with the general art style of Puyo) is more cartoonish in my opinion, so I don't think the US would immediately hate her because of that. I'm not entirely sure about Sega being so eager to push Puyo outside of Japan, either. I know the whole MBM/Kirby's Avalanche thing was a result of the times (hell, that sort of thing happened to Panel De Pon too) but I'm not sure whether Sega of Japan or Sega of America is responsible for taking interest in and localizing games from Japan. I'd imagine Sega of Japan would have the bigger influence on what gets brought over, and maybe since Fever failed they assumed that the west had no interest in the series and just gave up. There's not a huge demand for the games to be localized either like with Phantasy Star Online 2, and that STILL hasn't been brought over here yet.
Not from the sources I read...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
"Newcomer" as in playable fighter, "character" as in just appearing in general, maybe.

Given Puyo Puyo being pretty obscure outside Japan, I know SEGA would not be hesitant to jump on the bandwagon to ship her out overseas if such an opportunity arose.

Oh, okay. I wasn't too sure what he meant.

Like I've said before, it's SUPER SMASH BROS. You'd almost have to be crazy NOT to to allow your character in the series. Like I've said, if Arle was in Smash, the chances of Puyo Puyo being localized more often in the West would SKYROCKET, and there's also the slight chance that Arle's fanbase would expand almost exponentially.. Honestly, I've always though that if Arle was in Smash, and things didn't work out, the possible worse-case scenario would be that Arle possibly still stays in Smash, but she gets Lucas' treatment. Make of THAT wihat you will.

Oh, boy. The Dreamcast days...Good times...Still though, you have a point. I mean, Arle's appearance might be a bit..."off-putting" to some people , but still, I don't think anyone will mind once they look up on her her . Which I'm almost certain people will do.

Again, look at my second response. But along with my second repsonse, I hope there won't be a NEW rep of Puyo until they test the waters with Arle and she how she'll do.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Honestly, I've always though that if Arle was in Smash, and things didn't work out, the possible worse-case scenario would be that Arle possibly still stays in Smash, but she gets Lucas' treatment. Make of THAT what you will.
What, you mean an "Arle Comes Out of Nowhere!" trailer?

Oh, boy. The Dreamcast days...Good times...Still though, you have a point. I mean, Arle's appearance might be a bit..."off-putting" to some people , but still, I don't think anyone will mind once they look up on her her . Which I'm almost certain people will do.
One of my friends literally hate anime for no reason, so her appearance could just about do it. But, given she IS being converted to 3D for the task, I do not think anyone would notice her anime appearance at all. Well, that depends on which version of her that they use and how her final smash goes. I personally am hoping it is towards the Madou Monogatari look myself, but I have a hunch it will not be. Best-case scenario, we get that look AND her Japanese voice. If Marth and Roy can keep theirs after all these years, then Arle can, too.

Again, look at my second response. But along with my second repsonse, I hope there won't be a NEW rep of Puyo until they test the waters with Arle and she how she'll do.
She still looks pretty low overall, but yeah, where she is now is kind of impressive. Unless I was supposed to look at the list in a different view, that one seemed to be gathering up the top results in Japan; with that alligator still being the top in Japan as well as here. Arle is actually incredibly high in the votes, though.

Still, this is based on what the fans have added up thus far. Maybe Arle is actually lower than we think, but I guess we have only three weeks more to wait. I sure hope that Arle is at least in the top hundred.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What, you mean an "Arle Comes Out of Nowhere!" trailer?

One of my friends literally hate anime for no reason, so her appearance could just about do it. But, given she IS being converted to 3D for the task, I do not think anyone would notice her anime appearance at all. Well, that depends on which version of her that they use and how her final smash goes. I personally am hoping it is towards the Madou Monogatari look myself, but I have a hunch it will not be. Best-case scenario, we get that look AND her Japanese voice. If Marth and Roy can keep theirs after all these years, then Arle can, too.

She still looks pretty low overall, but yeah, where she is now is kind of impressive. Unless I was supposed to look at the list in a different view, that one seemed to be gathering up the top results in Japan; with that alligator still being the top in Japan as well as here. Arle is actually incredibly high in the votes, though.

Still, this is based on what the fans have added up thus far. Maybe Arle is actually lower than we think, but I guess we have only three weeks more to wait. I sure hope that Arle is at least in the top hundred.
Well, not exactly in THAT sense, but it would be hilarious! But seriously though, what I meant is that just like Lucas, (currently) MOTHER 3 STILL isn't released officially by Nintendo to us in the West yet, thus technically making Lucas' only known appearance here to casual fans, Super Smash Bros. I get a strong feeling Arle may encounter a similar fate, if anything.

I hope your best-case scenario there comes true! I love to see that happen! Not even going to lie, I'm actually kind of hoping Arle's FS will actually be taken from Madou Monogatari rather than Puyo Puyo, believe it or not! Her JP voice should also be what they use for Arle. It just seems more fitting, you know? BTW, I've been meaning to ask you and the others on this thread, if by some chance Arle actually DID get a new English voice actress for Smash, replacing Ali Johnston, who do you all think it would be? So far, I've come up with 2 choices: Janice Kawaye and Cristina Vee. Please tell me what you think, guys!

I do understand that Arle is still somewhat low in comparison to King K. Rool, but hey, maybe she made the top 100 like you suggested, right? Honestly, you're not going to believe it, but I REALLY hope she actually did!

Top Bottom