• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Arle Nadja for Smash!

Notshane

Smash Ace
If all else fails, we can always go to my idea of just giving her a unique final smash with her spells.

A pretty bad-as* final smash would be her becoming that adult version of herself and combining all of her spells into one blow.

Well she is combining them, she shouts all of her original combo phrases, as each spell goes into the orb she is creating. And it ends with her shouting the final phrase, "ばよえ~ん" ("Bayoeen") at her foe as she unleashes the Death Orb that flies to the opponent. But after it gets to them, it rises them up in the air, and then goes inside the foe. they flash a rainbow color as various hits are taken to them in the form of fire, ice and so on; dealing a deadly fifty percent and then they blow up from the stage, or rather "pop" from it, and meet their defeat. Afterwards, she flies back to the ground and turns back into a kid. That way, the adult version at least appears.

Or rather, instead of immediately becoming an adult, she first shouts all of the original phrases. And as all of the elements she summoned are floating up in the air in a circle, she becomes an adult. After that, she creates an orb in the middle of the spinning elements and they are all engulfed by the orb. She then proceeds to shout the final phrase and all of that other stuff I mentioned happens.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
If all else fails, we can always go to my idea of just giving her a unique final smash with her spells.
Oh, right! I almost forgot about your idea! If Arle is added to Smash, and the concept of Transformation is remembered, I can see this happening. BTW, @Notshane, did you see the post I made before yours? I wanted to ask you if you could give me a run-down summary/translation on just what's going on in it.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Oh, right! I almost forgot about your idea! If Arle is added to Smash, and the concept of Transformation is remembered, I can see this happening.
Well, transforming in a final smash is not necessarily a transformation character. It is simply her becoming an adult to use it and then going back to a kid when it is over, as the final smash requires her to be a full-fledged wizard to pull off; something that can not be achieved at the age of a child. It really is quite a good idea, but I did not mean that she remains an adult after it ends.

It would be similar to how Mewtwo turns into Mega Mewtwo Y to perform Psytrike and then reverts back after it is over.

BTW, @Notshane, did you see the post I made before yours? I wanted to ask you if you could give me a run-down summary/translation on just what's going on in it.
Yeah, I saw it.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, transforming in a final smash is not necessarily a transformation character. It is simply her becoming an adult to use it and then going back to a kid when it is over, as the final smash requires her to be a full-fledged wizard to pull off; something that can not be achieved at the age of a child. It really is quite a good idea, but I did not mean that she remains an adult after it ends.

It would be similar to how Mewtwo turns into Mega Mewtwo Y to perform Psytrike and then reverts back after it is over.

Yeah, I saw it.
Oh, OK. Now THAT seems MUCH more likely to happen. I mean, Arle is already a magician, so it's not all that weird to happen.

Also, I know you said you're not THAT good with Japanese, but I was hoping you could make SOMETHING out of the Japanese in it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey, I just had an idea, what if when you play as Arle, she carries Carbunkle with her, kind of like Duck Hint?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, I just had an idea, what if when you play as Arle, she carries Carbunkle with her, kind of like Duck Hint?
I would think SEGA would be the ones to give Sakurai that idea to begin with. Matter of fact, when I put in my vote for Arle in the Smash Ballot, and mind you, she's the ONLY 3rd party I voted for, I made a big point of Arle having Carbuncle fight alongside her. She could use her for her Smash Attacks, firing a laser like R.O.B.'s side smash attack, though Arle would direct Carbuncle's laser above the two of them. Her side smash would using her Thunder spell, in a manner similar to Rosalina's Side Smash, and her down smash could have her releasing Fire and Ice Storm on each side of her, like Lucario's Down Smash.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Oh, OK. Now THAT seems MUCH more likely to happen. I mean, Arle is already a magician, so it's not all that weird to happen.
Silly, you overestimate the power of the 3DS. It is not capable of permanent transformation characters! I do think it was kind of funny that you were thinking I meant a permanent transformation this whole time, though :laugh:

Also, I know you said you're not THAT good with Japanese, but I was hoping you could make SOMETHING out of the Japanese in it.
When I have some extra free time, I can give it a more insightful look.

I can see her summoning him for some special attacks, but having him as a duo with her would look a bit odd. It could be similar to the way Peach uses her Toads, where Carbuncle temporarily pops in for an attack.

They could even pull a Ryu and make it so that Arle has two final smashes. Fatal Sphere (what I am calling that final smash I came up with) from a distance and a combo move with Carbuncle from up-close.

But, if that happens again, people MIGHT get pissed that characters are just now getting two final smashes. And, I would say we could do something more unique, but the 3DS has its limitations.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Silly, you overestimate the power of the 3DS. It is not capable of permanent transformation characters! I do think it was kind of funny that you were thinking I meant a permanent transformation this whole time, though :laugh:

When I have some extra free time, I can give it a more insightful look.

I can see her summoning him for some special attacks, but having him as a duo with her would look a bit odd. It could be similar to the way Peach uses her Toads, where Carbuncle temporarily pops in for an attack.

They could even pull a Ryu and make it so that Arle has two final smashes. Fatal Sphere (what I am calling that final smash I came up with) from a distance and a combo move with Carbuncle from up-close.

But, if that happens again, people MIGHT get pissed that characters are just now getting two final smashes. And, I would say we could do something more unique, but the 3DS has its limitations.
Yeah, that WAS pretty silly!:laugh:

Well, thank you. I appreciate it. Whenever you have the time, go ahead.

Well, don't forget Carbuncle is her pet, not to mention her BEST friend. It wouldn't be all that far-fetched to see Carbuncle fight alongside Arle, you know. However, the 2 FS' for Arle, BTW. I...do NOT see that happening. Like you also said, out of fear of taking uniqueness away from Ryu and all. Still, AWESOME name for an FS, though!

BTW, guys, should show you all this:
I am SO not joking when I say this pic is probably the first time ever that I have seen Arle in such a bad*** pose and "ready-to-fight" attitude. She could probably use THIS as her Smash artwork!

Last edited:
Just wanted to point out a fun fact I read while carousing on Wikipedia. If this is accurate, the Puyo Puyo series has sold more units than Star Fox or Bomberman. In terms of audience size, Arle outdoes a character who's already in the game (Fox) and one of the most recognized classic gaming characters (Bomberman). Too bad that audience is mostly concentrated in Japan, though.

Not sure if that data is counting Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche in its numbers.

I always thought Puyo Puyo was much more obscure than that. I didn't even know there were so many Fever sequels, nor did I know about the "modern" Arle design, until recently - I'm more familiar with the oldschool side. Anyway, if there were ever to be a second, non-Sonic, Sega character, my confidence in Arle has improved.

As a kid with a Genesis, I used to go down to the video store and rent Mean Bean Machine over and over. I was terrible at the game, but I loved the music, and always thought it was odd that they'd work so hard on the soundtrack for a Sonic spin-off that few people cared for. It wasn't for several years that the Internet would teach me about its origins as a Puyo Puyo re-skin, and my love for MBM, its gameplay and its music extended back to Puyo Puyo. Anyway, these are the tunes I'd most like to hear remixed for Smash, along with their use in Mean Bean Machine, since that game repurposed a lot of the music.

Theme of Puyo Puyo
Sticker / MBM practice mode
Memories / MBM password screen
Brave / MBM pre-Robotnik scene
Final / MBM multiplayer

One final thing. My idea for a series icon:
puyo.png

Pardon the crudeness. I made it in mspaint for illustrative purposes.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just wanted to point out a fun fact I read while carousing on Wikipedia. If this is accurate, the Puyo Puyo series has sold more units than Star Fox or Bomberman. In terms of audience size, Arle outdoes a character who's already in the game (Fox) and one of the most recognized classic gaming characters (Bomberman). Too bad that audience is mostly concentrated in Japan, though.

Not sure if that data is counting Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche in its numbers.

I always thought Puyo Puyo was much more obscure than that. I didn't even know there were so many Fever sequels, nor did I know about the "modern" Arle design, until recently - I'm more familiar with the oldschool side. Anyway, if there were ever to be a second, non-Sonic, Sega character, my confidence in Arle has improved.

As a kid with a Genesis, I used to go down to the video store and rent Mean Bean Machine over and over. I was terrible at the game, but I loved the music, and always thought it was odd that they'd work so hard on the soundtrack for a Sonic spin-off that few people cared for. It wasn't for several years that the Internet would teach me about its origins as a Puyo Puyo re-skin, and my love for MBM, its gameplay and its music extended back to Puyo Puyo. Anyway, these are the tunes I'd most like to hear remixed for Smash, along with their use in Mean Bean Machine, since that game repurposed a lot of the music.

Theme of Puyo Puyo
Sticker / MBM practice mode
Memories / MBM password screen
Brave / MBM pre-Robotnik scene
Final / MBM multiplayer

One final thing. My idea for a series icon:
View attachment 74581
Pardon the crudeness. I made it in mspaint for illustrative purposes.
You'd be surprised, but from what I've also heard, I think Puyo Puyo sells TONS more than even more than SEGA's MASCOT, Sonic the Hedgehog! Also, it should be noted Arle is one of the most requested 3rd party characters, alongside Banjo and Kazooie, Geno, Jibanyan! I'll have more to say later, so just look at this post later on, OK?

EDIT: Also, I wanted to mention that Arle is currently tied with Tails for my most wanted second SEGA rep after Sonic, with some others following, such as, but not limited to, Amigo, NiGHTS, AiAi, Opa-Opa, Ryo Hazuki, Ulala, Billy Hatcher, Beat (Jet Set Radio), and many more. Oh, yeah, and Arle is the ONLY 3rd party I voted for on the official Smash Ballot, BTW.

Last edited:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, don't forget Carbuncle is her pet, not to mention her BEST friend. It wouldn't be all that far-fetched to see Carbuncle fight alongside Arle, you know. However, the 2 FS' for Arle, BTW. I...do NOT see that happening. Like you also said, out of fear of taking uniqueness away from Ryu and all. Still, AWESOME name for an FS, though!
Well, yeah, but lots of fighters have best friends that do not exactly fight with them. In most cases, they either show up in a taunt (rarely) or are in one of their final smashes. And, Carbuncle was not exactly practicing magic with Arle all of the time, last I checked. In every classic game, he just cheered Arle on in about every main entry. Just cause they are best friends does not mean they are also the perfect fighting duo. Of course, he can still be used in some of her attacks.

Just given the nature that Arle has always been alone in her games, it makes sense to have her be that way in Sm4sh. I am sure it would make sense to pair her up with Carbuncle, but at the same time, Carbuncle himself is not exactly a fighter if you remember right. I believe I read something that even said that Carbuncle was a pacifist once, but only fought because he had to. And, given his wacky nature of just wanting to have fun adventures and play puzzle games, that makes sense in the end.

It could also relate to how he used to be the pet of Satan, if you remember. I bet he was traumatized from his past days before he sided with Arle, whom simply wanted peace in the world. And he, too, wanted this peace. And thus, joined her. I do believe this is also referenced in one of those comics, but I can not remember which one. Not the whole peace story, but Carbuncle's pacifist nature. Oh, and maybe because Satan doted him constantly and that might have also horrified him a little bit. I can understand.

I think it would be hilarious if he actually appeared in the background just dancing, jumping and even pulling out his blanket, pillow and actually sleeping like he did in the original games; similar to the Pokémon Trainer from Brawl. I would not mind that at all. That makes the most sense to me, but it would require some extensive programming to get him to hop from platform to platform, unless they just put him in his own little platform to prance about in. I actually like this idea a lot now that I think about it more. That definitely fits him much more, but this is only if they go with classic Arle. I believe starting with the Fever games, Carbuncle was a regular enemy. Well, either way, I hope that is what happens.

Oh, I also just remembered that Carbuncle had that great power inside of him because Doppelganger Arle tried to steal them away once in the last Compile entry. So, maybe he could for sure show up in her final smash, then. It would be pretty epic if he was in the background, but then when Arle gets the final smash, the camera zooms in on her and she extends her hand and calls out for Carbuncle and he actually gives her the power she needs to turn into an adult and do all of what I said before. I actually like that idea a lot! That should definitely happen.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been missin' plenty pages here, huh?

Anyway, I've been checking the progression of P x Z 2's reveals, and I wonder will Puyo Puyo be featured. The game has 2 Pair Units and one "Cross-Pair Unit" left from Sega (Being Sega x Namdai-character pairing).

The missing Sega-franchises right now are Shining Force EX and Valkyria Chronicles.I think Valkyria Chronicles might make it back with big margin, Shining Force EX too but with less extent. However, maybe we could see Puyo Puyo (or Skies of Arcadia) here in it's stead. We can only hope, this game's looking so good so far, after all.

On the thing that Puyo's "too cartoony" to be in P x Z, I dunno if the developers would bank on that if wanting to references the series being more "anime" back in the Madou-days + "Madou Monogatari" being a thing still when Compile handled the Puyo-games. Honestly though, I don't see why Arle and her friends (preferably Arle & Schezo-pair with Rulue as Solo Unit starting as a Rival Unit by being again helping Satan with the othe villains.)

You could also get some funnies out of Schezo due his "I want you!"-line and other stuff like that, especially if he's gonna go to cuteness proximity if Felicia's nearby.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, yeah, but lots of fighters have best friends that do not exactly fight with them. In most cases, they either show up in a taunt (rarely) or are in one of their final smashes. And, Carbuncle was not exactly practicing magic with Arle all of the time, last I checked. In every classic game, he just cheered Arle on in about every main entry. Just cause they are best friends does not mean they are also the perfect fighting duo. Of course, he can still be used in some of her attacks.

Just given the nature that Arle has always been alone in her games, it makes sense to have her be that way in Sm4sh. I am sure it would make sense to pair her up with Carbuncle, but at the same time, Carbuncle himself is not exactly a fighter if you remember right. I believe I read something that even said that Carbuncle was a pacifist once, but only fought because he had to. And, given his wacky nature of just wanting to have fun adventures and play puzzle games, that makes sense in the end.

It could also relate to how he used to be the pet of Satan, if you remember. I bet he was traumatized from his past days before he sided with Arle, whom simply wanted peace in the world. And he, too, wanted this peace. And thus, joined her. I do believe this is also referenced in one of those comics, but I can not remember which one. Not the whole peace story, but Carbuncle's pacifist nature. Oh, and maybe because Satan doted him constantly and that might have also horrified him a little bit. I can understand.

I think it would be hilarious if he actually appeared in the background just dancing, jumping and even pulling out his blanket, pillow and actually sleeping like he did in the original games; similar to the Pokémon Trainer from Brawl. I would not mind that at all. That makes the most sense to me, but it would require some extensive programming to get him to hop from platform to platform, unless they just put him in his own little platform to prance about in. I actually like this idea a lot now that I think about it more. That definitely fits him much more, but this is only if they go with classic Arle. I believe starting with the Fever games, Carbuncle was a regular enemy. Well, either way, I hope that is what happens.

Oh, I also just remembered that Carbuncle had that great power inside of him because Doppelganger Arle tried to steal them away once in the last Compile entry. So, maybe he could for sure show up in her final smash, then. It would be pretty epic if he was in the background, but then when Arle gets the final smash, the camera zooms in on her and she extends her hand and calls out for Carbuncle and he actually gives her the power she needs to turn into an adult and do all of what I said before. I actually like that idea a lot! That should definitely happen.
Well, that's kind of what I meant for Carbuncle, that he could be used in Arle's smash attacks and leave it at that. Still, though I NEVER heard about Carbuncle being a pacifist. Not that I believe him to fight however he wanted to, but more of, I didn't think he would have the "intelligence"(?) to bother being a pacifist to begin with. Also, I'm totally fine if Carbuncle appears fighting alongside Arle or not. It was just a suggestion. Id like to see him wandering around the background as well. It'd be so funny to see that happen! Also, about Doppelganger Arle, are you talking about the events of Puyo Puyo~n? I thought everyone ELSE in the game (Arle included) had believed that she stole Carbuncle for that reason, but I've heard that the reason was really because she was trying to lure Arle into a trap and KILL her, all out of pure, unadulterated jealousy. Wow, that game really IS the darkest in the series. Heck, I wonder what D. Arle was doing all this time between the events of Madou Monogatari: The Final Test and Puyo Puyo~n, to come up with such an INSANE plan?

Been missin' plenty pages here, huh?

Anyway, I've been checking the progression of P x Z 2's reveals, and I wonder will Puyo Puyo be featured. The game has 2 Pair Units and one "Cross-Pair Unit" left from Sega (Being Sega x Namdai-character pairing).

The missing Sega-franchises right now are Shining Force EX and Valkyria Chronicles.I think Valkyria Chronicles might make it back with big margin, Shining Force EX too but with less extent. However, maybe we could see Puyo Puyo (or Skies of Arcadia) here in it's stead. We can only hope, this game's looking so good so far, after all.

On the thing that Puyo's "too cartoony" to be in P x Z, I dunno if the developers would bank on that if wanting to references the series being more "anime" back in the Madou-days + "Madou Monogatari" being a thing still when Compile handled the Puyo-games. Honestly though, I don't see why Arle and her friends (preferably Arle & Schezo-pair with Rulue as Solo Unit starting as a Rival Unit by being again helping Satan with the othe villains.)

You could also get some funnies out of Schezo due his "I want you!"-line and other stuff like that, especially if he's gonna go to cuteness proximity if Felicia's nearby.
You know, for about one or two pages now, I've been suggesting that if Arle and Puyo Puyo as a whole appear in PXZ2, that game would probably be THE perfect time to re-utilize Puyo Puyo~n's artstyle. Goodness knows Arle would DEFINTELY not look too out of place with the rest of the cast as well. Not even going to lie, I would give ANYTHING to see Amitie, Ringo, and the rest of the Puyo cast, 2004 and onward, in the artstyle of Puyo Puyo~n. Also, I imagined that either Arle would pair up with Schezo or Rulue, with one or the other as a Solo unit. Satan would help the villains at first, but after a VERY short and quick conversation with Arle, he'd instantly side with the heroes, all for her sake. Come on, you KNOW that would happen!:laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well, that's kind of what I meant for Carbuncle, that he could be used in Arle's smash attacks and leave it at that. Still, though I NEVER heard about Carbuncle being a pacifist. Not that I believe him to fight however he wanted to, but more of, I didn't think he would have the "intelligence"(?) to bother being a pacifist to begin with. Also, I'm totally fine if Carbuncle appears fighting alongside Arle or not. It was just a suggestion. Id like to see him wandering around the background as well. It'd be so funny to see that happen! Also, about Doppelganger Arle, are you talking about the events of Puyo Puyo~n? I thought everyone ELSE in the game (Arle included) had believed that she stole Carbuncle for that reason, but I've heard that the reason was really because she was trying to lure Arle into a trap and KILL her, all out of pure, unadulterated jealousy. Wow, that game really IS the darkest in the series. Heck, I wonder what D. Arle was doing all this time between the events of Madou Monogatari: The Final Test and Puyo Puyo~n, to come up with such an INSANE plan?

You know, for about one or two pages now, I've been suggesting that if Arle and Puyo Puyo as a whole appear in PXZ2, that game would probably be THE perfect time to re-utilize Puyo Puyo~n's artstyle. Goodness knows Arle would DEFINTELY not look too out of place with the rest of the cast as well. Not even going to lie, I would give ANYTHING to see Amitie, Ringo, and the rest of the Puyo cast, 2004 and onward, in the artstyle of Puyo Puyo~n. Also, I imagined that either Arle would pair up with Schezo or Rulue, with one or the other as a Solo unit. Satan would help the villains at first, but after a VERY short and quick conversation with Arle, he'd instantly side with the heroes, all for her sake. Come on, you KNOW that would happen!:laugh:
Satan as a Solo Unit? I wouldn't mind, especially if considering his affable villain-status. Hell, let us have him do a quick ukulele solo as part of his attacks while unleashing his calamity-themed attacks.

I bet people would be so surprised if he'd do that (especially Demitri and Arthur who can't get over the that overlord of "Puyo Hell" is actually a big doofus and a nice guy. Dante would find it very amusing however. :laugh:

Also Morrigan wants to get under Satan's past which would fire off Rulue hard.

I also personally wish to see Ringo included with Arle and crew if possible, and if going further, apired with Phantom R/Raphael from Rhythm Thief:

Mostly because both share quite an uncanny resemblance and are even designed by the same character designer (oh my!). Found that info from a twitter post from Rhythm Thief's Japanese Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SG_nakamura/status/157008019115343873

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Satan as a Solo Unit? I wouldn't mind, especially if considering his affable villain-status. Hell, let us have him do a quick ukulele solo as part of his attacks while unleashing his calamity-themed attacks.

I bet people would be so surprised if he'd do that (especially Demitri and Arthur who can't get over the that overlord of "Puyo Hell" is actually a big doofus and a nice guy. Dante would find it very amusing however. :laugh:

Also Morrigan wants to get under Satan's past which would fire off Rulue hard.

I also personally wish to see Ringo included with Arle and crew if possible, and if going further, apired with Phantom R/Raphael from Rhythm Thief:

Mostly because both share quite an uncanny resemblance and are even designed by the same character designer (oh my!). Found that info from a twitter post from Rhythm Thief's Japanese Twitter:
https://twitter.com/SG_nakamura/status/157008019115343873

That'd be great! I just know every villain would even wonder why in the world would they let Satan help them when they could easily handle this themselves after seeing that he's not that evil to begin with. Demitri would probably think that he gives THE worst name to overlords everywhere. Morrigan trying to hit on him would probably be a given, since she is a succubus and all. Of course, Rulue would flip if she saw anything resembling that though. Actually, I'd also like for Ringo to be paired with Arle and Amitie if Triple Units were a thing.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Ha, yeah. If you read some of the dialogue, it is indefinitely Compile at its most refined.

But, yeah. It was mostly because of Arle appearing alone in her games that I enforce the idea so much. It is entirely true that Carbuncle has mostly just watched her throughout the games, so that just popped that idea into my head of his spectator status.

That'd be great! I just know every villain would even wonder why in the world would they let Satan help them when they could easily handle this themselves after seeing that he's not that evil to begin with. Demitri would probably think that he gives THE worst name to overlords everywhere. Morrigan trying to hit on him would probably be a given, since she is a succubus and all. Of course, Rulue would flip if she saw anything resembling that though. Actually, I'd also like for Ringo to be paired with Arle and Amitie if Triple Units were a thing.
If the Ice Climbers returned, we could dream about that.

But, I believe that Ringo could actually be her own character; no joke. I have a few ideas for a moveset of her that could set her as, not a clone, but a semi-clone at that; maybe even not that. I always thought she had what it took.

Now, as for Amite, she would definitely have to be paired up with someone. Heck, given Amite and Ringo are the most popular Fever characters, originate from the same series, and that Arle is pretty much her own separate thing anyway, I can see those two being their own thing. Watching them versus Arle would be pretty entertaining. I mean, maybe Amite holds a little more significance in that she was the first protagonist of the Fever series, but I always believed that Ringo had what it took more than she did.

Not that they would ever add them, but I would love to see Raffine as an assist trophy, too. Ever since I saw her rage over one of the most innocent monsters in the series, I always thought she had the potential to shake up the whole stage :rotfl:

But, then again, we must REALLY be getting ahead of ourselves if we are thinking of any of these guys at all before Arle herself has yet to even show up, let alone the fact that no other third-party has had more than one character from their game to begin with :chuckle:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I came up with a stage entrance for Arle. She appears suddenly while Puyos fall around her. Any thougts?

Notshane

Smash Ace
So I came up with a stage entrance for Arle. She appears suddenly while Puyos fall around her. Any thougts?
Sounds similar to Dr. Mario's entrance.

I was thinking something along the lines of a house already being at the stage and Arle kicking the door into the stratosphere, homaging Puyo Puyo Box, the last Compile entry. And then she and Carbuncle walk out and Carbuncle positions himself to spectate in the background after waving at Arle.

Or, she could also blow up the door as well.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Ha, yeah. If you read some of the dialogue, it is indefinitely Compile at its most refined.

But, yeah. It was mostly because of Arle appearing alone in her games that I enforce the idea so much. It is entirely true that Carbuncle has mostly just watched her throughout the games, so that just popped that idea into my head of his spectator status.

If the Ice Climbers returned, we could dream about that.

But, I believe that Ringo could actually be her own character; no joke. I have a few ideas for a moveset of her that could set her as, not a clone, but a semi-clone at that; maybe even not that. I always thought she had what it took.

Now, as for Amite, she would definitely have to be paired up with someone. Heck, given Amite and Ringo are the most popular Fever characters, originate from the same series, and that Arle is pretty much her own separate thing anyway, I can see those two being their own thing. Watching them versus Arle would be pretty entertaining. I mean, maybe Amite holds a little more significance in that she was the first protagonist of the Fever series, but I always believed that Ringo had what it took more than she did.

Not that they would ever add them, but I would love to see Raffine as an assist trophy, too. Ever since I saw her rage over one of the most innocent monsters in the series, I always thought she had the potential to shake up the whole stage :rotfl:

But, then again, we must REALLY be getting ahead of ourselves if we are thinking of any of these guys at all before Arle herself has yet to even show up, let alone the fact that no other third-party has had more than one character from their game to begin with :chuckle:
First of all, you're kidding, that really WAS the reason?! I mean, I've seen on some sources before, but I was never able to get the full details on it. I mean, have you seen the final battle in Puyo Puyo~n to be able to tell? As I've said before,I can't speak nor read Japanese, so I honestly had jack-squat of an idea, what the HECK was going on between them, however, from what I heard it would seem that Arle sounded VERY unfamiliar with D. Arle to begin with, so I couldn't tell what happened. Heck, I REALLY, REALLY want to what everyone said in the ending. If you could tell me what happened, I'd appreciate that greatly. I've been trying to know for about 2-3 months now myself!

Also, with Carbuncle mostly taking a backseat, you make a strong point that he could simply do that for Smash.

When you say Amitie and Ringo having a moveset...do you mean for Smash? Because @- Hsien-Ko - and I were talking about Project X Zone 2, you know. I'd like to see Amitie and Ringo in Smash, but I feel that best comes to best, they'll appear as part of Arle's Final Smash. I did, however, make a statement on the Smash Ballot when I voted for Arle that they could serve as alt. skins for her, and even then, that's STILL wishful thinking at its finest...

Still, I should mention that I've ALWAYS imagined Rulue to be the AT for Puyo Puyo. Essentially, she'd be Arle's "Knuckle Joe", but rapidly attacking with kicks, rather than punches. Also, is it...unusual that I can mostly picture Rulue using her Puyo Puyo~n outfit as an Assist Trophy, rather than her more iconic white garments?

In the end though, we REALLY are getting ahead of ourselves though, in terms of character reps. Heck, I've even said it myself that I would rather NOT have more and more 3rd parties from the same series. The same company however, is my limit. With the one exception of SEGA, however. As I've said, Arle is my #1 choice for a second SEGA rep, but if she doesn't work out, then I'll take Tails instead. I've got other SEGA reps I'd like to see, but I'll talk about them later. (Or if someone wants to talk about them now, then OK.)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Whoops! Forgot to add your post to my last one, @Nintenzilla, but I wanted to say that I love the idea. Seems very similar to Dr. Mario's, now that I think about it...still though, I honestly feel that an entrance like that would Arle SO much more than him. Just replace the medical pills with Puyo. If that doesn't happen, then I can see a portal opening between time and space dropping Arle in from way high up in the air. Referencing how Arle made it to Amitie and Ringo's dimensions to begin with.

Notshane

Smash Ace
First of all, you're kidding, that really WAS the reason?! I mean, I've seen on some sources before, but I was never able to get the full details on it. I mean, have you seen the final battle in Puyo Puyo~n to be able to tell? As I've said before,I can't speak nor read Japanese, so I honestly had jack-squat of an idea, what the HECK was going on between them, however, from what I heard it would seem that Arle sounded VERY unfamiliar with D. Arle to begin with, so I couldn't tell what happened. Heck, I REALLY, REALLY want to what everyone said in the ending. If you could tell me what happened, I'd appreciate that greatly. I've been trying to know for about 2-3 months now myself!
Haha, maybe I was poking a little fun at you actually :smirk: but, that was a pretty funny reaction. I definitely do not think that Doppelganger Arle was that sadistic, but she definitely had her reasons.

Also, with Carbuncle mostly taking a backseat, you make a strong point that he could simply do that for Smash.
Yeah, it just makes the most sense to me.

When you say Amitie and Ringo having a moveset...do you mean for Smash? Because @- Hsien-Ko - and I were talking about Project X Zone 2, you know. I'd like to see Amitie and Ringo in Smash, but I feel that best comes to best, they'll appear as part of Arle's Final Smash. I did, however, make a statement on the Smash Ballot when I voted for Arle that they could serve as alt. skins for her, and even then, that's STILL wishful thinking at its finest...
Oh, oops. Well, at the very most, I could try and program a Ringo for Project M myself if all else fails.

Man, I feel like we are all getting our hopes up as it is just wanting Arle to show up. It is mostly thanks to her wacky universe and the tag "weeaboo" in general that I can see Arle being shunned outside of Japan. If it was not obvious enough, the series breathes anime, but it definitely has enough originality to qualify for Sm4sh for sure since it has lasted so long.

Takamaru was a little heavier on Japanese themes, but then again, he has been seen more outside of Japan in his lifetime, officially, than Arle has. And Sakurai actually considered him, which definitely shot him up the ranks to be a potential newcomer in the next game, unless assist trophy conversions happen in this one. And I really hope those actually do.

If Arle was the last DLC character, for next year or so, I could live with that. At least she be would there.

Still, I should mention that I've ALWAYS imagined Rulue to be the AT for Puyo Puyo. Essentially, she'd be Arle's "Knuckle Joe", but rapidly attacking with kicks, rather than punches. Also, is it...unusual that I can mostly picture Rulue using her Puyo Puyo~n outfit as an Assist Trophy, rather than her more iconic white garments?
She could get pretty reckless and she could do something similar to Snake and Gray Fox where she has her own dialogue for Arle when she is on the stage.

In the end though, we REALLY are getting ahead of ourselves though, in terms of character reps. Heck, I've even said it myself that I would rather NOT have more and more 3rd parties from the same series. The same company however, is my limit. With the one exception of SEGA, however. As I've said, Arle is my #1 choice for a second SEGA rep, but if she doesn't work out, then I'll take Tails instead. I've got other SEGA reps I'd like to see, but I'll talk about them later. (Or if someone wants to talk about them now, then OK.)
I can definitely see that not happening, unless the demand is insanely high for that one character. Sakurai did not want to have a random universe have more than one character, as it would result in lots of votes resulting in franchise favoring, which would anger lots of people that want more characters in from different universes. I can see more Sonic characters getting votes such as Knuckles if Tails got his way into the fight. Likewise, Mega Man would have Zero and Ryu have Sakura. I would say Ken, but Sakura has more semi-clone potential than he does.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Haha, maybe I was poking a little fun at you actually :smirk: but, that was a pretty funny reaction. I definitely do not think that Doppelganger Arle was that sadistic, but she definitely had her reasons.

Yeah, it just makes the most sense to me.

Oh, oops. Well, at the very most, I could try and program a Ringo for Project M myself if all else fails.

Man, I feel like we are all getting our hopes up as it is just wanting Arle to show up. It is mostly thanks to her wacky universe and the tag "weeaboo" in general that I can see Arle being shunned outside of Japan. If it was not obvious enough, the series breathes anime, but it definitely has enough originality to qualify for Sm4sh for sure since it has lasted so long.

Takamaru was a little heavier on Japanese themes, but then again, he has been seen more outside of Japan in his lifetime, officially, than Arle has. And Sakurai actually considered him, which definitely shot him up the ranks to be a potential newcomer in the next game, unless assist trophy conversions happen in this one. And I really hope those actually do.

If Arle was the last DLC character, for next year or so, I could live with that. At least she be would there.

She could get pretty reckless and she could do something similar to Snake and Gray Fox where she has her own dialogue for Arle when she is on the stage.

I can definitely see that not happening, unless the demand is insanely high for that one character. Sakurai did not want to have a random universe have more than one character, as it would result in lots of votes resulting in franchise favoring, which would anger lots of people that want more characters in from different universes. I can see more Sonic characters getting votes such as Knuckles if Tails got his way into the fight. Likewise, Mega Man would have Zero and Ryu have Sakura. I would say Ken, but Sakura has more semi-clone potential than he does.
Oh....I, uh....I knew that!:grin:

It really does make sense, doesn't it? Huh...

Wait, you would be able to program a model of Ring into P:M? Interesting...:smirk: Anyways, you have a point. Arle's universe may come with mixed reactions at first. But still, like you said, Arle has the qualifications to join Smash, aside from worldwide popularity. Also, Taka HAS appeared officially out of Japan a couple of times, and including the fact that Sakurai considered him for Smash, unless ATs can converted to playable in this Smash game, I would think he'd be a BIG contender for playability in Smash 5. Also, if Arle was the last DLC character released, you're right. We should be glad she's in at all.

I imagine Rulue to be just that, and it would be really interesting for her to have special dialogue if Arle is in the match. Maybe saying something special if Arle summons her herself, and if someone else summons her, but Arle's in the match. BTW, I was thinking about it, and I think she'd use her appearance from Puyo Puyo~n or Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary. Also, I thought about it last night, and I have to say, I can REALLY picture Rulue using Lyn's US voice actress (Lani Minella, I believe is her name.) as an AT. That is, if they even decide to give ANYONE from Puyo Puyo an English voice to begin with. BTW, I've meaning to ask, if ANY of you think Arle would get a new English voice actress, who should it be?

Don't me wrong, I definitely also don't see Sakurai adding 3rd parties, all willy-nilly and whatnot. Too many bias arguments would be thrown everywhere, it'd be insane. As I've said, if SEGA does get a 2nd rep, and it isn't a different series, and has to be Sonic, I'll take Tails or Knuckles. Anyone else would be sort of out of the ordinary. As for Mega Man, I'm not going to lie, I'd rather have Roll. Thank Marvel vs. Capcom for that. She became one of the characters I fell in love with while playing. Don't get me wrong, though. I'll happily take Zero as well. As for Namco, I can see Valkyrie from The Legend of Valkyrie getting in. In terms of crossover events, she seems to be front-and-canter. Possibly even more than Pac-Man, of all people! Namco's mascot! And for Street Fighter, you're not going to believe this, but I would LOVE for Sakura Kasugano be playable in Smash. I like Ken too, but I agree with your notion that Sakura has more of a semi-clone feel to her. Also, I'd simply be hype like there was no tomorrow if Sakura actually made it in! Unfortunately, Roll, Sakura, and my earlier suggestions of Amitie and Ringo serving as alt. skins for Arle are, again, nothing but a pipe dream for Smash.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It really does make sense, doesn't it? Huh...

Wait, you would be able to program a model of Ring into P:M? Interesting...:smirk: Anyways, you have a point. Arle's universe may come with mixed reactions at first. But still, like you said, Arle has the qualifications to join Smash, aside from worldwide popularity. Also, Taka HAS appeared officially out of Japan a couple of times, and including the fact that Sakurai considered him for Smash, unless ATs can converted to playable in this Smash game, I would think he'd be a BIG contender for playability in Smash 5. Also, if Arle was the last DLC character released, you're right. We should be glad she's in at all.

I imagine Rulue to be just that, and it would be really interesting for her to have special dialogue if Arle is in the match. Maybe saying something special if Arle summons her herself, and if someone else summons her, but Arle's in the match. BTW, I was thinking about it, and I think she'd use her appearance from Puyo Puyo~n or Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary. Also, I thought about it last night, and I have to say, I can REALLY picture Rulue using Lyn's US voice actress (Lani Minella, I believe is her name.) as an AT. That is, if they even decide to give ANYONE from Puyo Puyo an English voice to begin with. BTW, I've meaning to ask, if ANY of you think Arle would get a new English voice actress, who should it be?

Don't me wrong, I definitely also don't see Sakurai adding 3rd parties, all willy-nilly and whatnot. Too many bias arguments would be thrown everywhere, it'd be insane. As I've said, if SEGA does get a 2nd rep, and it isn't a different series, and has to be Sonic, I'll take Tails or Knuckles. Anyone else would be sort of out of the ordinary. As for Mega Man, I'm not going to lie, I'd rather have Roll. Thank Marvel vs. Capcom for that. She became one of the characters I fell in love with while playing. Don't get me wrong, though. I'll happily take Zero as well. As for Namco, I can see Valkyire from The Legend of Valkyrie getting in. In terms of crossover events, she seems to be front-and-canter. Possibly even more than Pac-Man, of all people! Namco's mascot! And for Street Fighter, you're not going to believe this, but I would LOVE for Sakura Kasugano be playable in Smash. I like Ken too, but I agree with your notion that Sakura has more of a semi-clone feel to her. Also, I'd simply be hype like there was no tomorrow if Sakura actually made it in! Unfortunately, Roll, Sakura, and my earlier suggestions of Amitie and Ringo serving as alt. skins for Arle are, again, nothing but a pipe dream for Smash.
I think Arle would use her Japanese voice tbh.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Sure you did :laugh:

Yeah, sure. I mean, given I have failed to really find any tutorials on the whole process, it might not be for a while. But, I am entirely open to making my own Ringo model for Project M. Of course, I am not just going to make some rubbish anime model where the shading is entirely gone and it only looks good from an anime standpoint. I am aiming at facial expressions, shading, idle animations, taunts and much more.

But, this all depends if Arle shows up herself or not first. If Arle is not in Sm4sh by the end of next year, that will be my decider on who I should start with. Because, making characters is a living hell in a game where nobody can truly give you any proper tutorials on the process. The Brawl Vault also fails to hold itself up, such as the users themselves. It has had so many canned projects that the ones that did figure it out never elaborated on the whole process.

If I start her next year, I would not expect her for a LONG time. Especially if it is just me doing all of the work. But, should I fail to get around to making her, it would solely be because I do not know what I am doing. As in, no thorough tutorials to be found on Brawl modding. Which, I imagine will be the unfortunate case since Brawl modding seems to be over by this point, except for that elaborate Waluigi mod by Marioking64ds and Project M of course, who is planning on (...) to the game for the 4.0 update.

You asked us this already :crazy:

BTW, I've been meaning to ask you and the others on this thread, if by some chance Arle actually DID get a new English voice actress for Smash, replacing Ali Johnston, who do you all think it would be? So far, I've come up with 2 choices: Janice Kawaye and Cristina Vee. Please tell me what you think, guys!
Given professionals are up to this task, I would not mind if they found one that sounded very close to the Japanese one, as I am sure it would not be too hard if they looked themselves. I know there are exceptions where certain English voices standout a lot, but Puyo Puyo Fever did NOT have any, so hearing her original one return would be disappointing to me.
And I think everyone answered then, too.

Don't me wrong, I definitely also don't see Sakurai adding 3rd parties, all willy-nilly and whatnot. Too many bias arguments would be thrown everywhere, it'd be insane. As I've said, if SEGA does get a 2nd rep, and it isn't a different series, and has to be Sonic, I'll take Tails or Knuckles. Anyone else would be sort of out of the ordinary.
Well, to put an end to the Sonic theory, I believe that SEGA themselves said that they did not even want to add more Sonic characters, which was pretty recent and I imagine it relates to Capcom having two reps of their own from separate games.

As for Mega Man, I'm not going to lie, I'd rather have Roll. Thank Marvel vs. Capcom for that. She became one of the characters I fell in love with while playing. Don't get me wrong, though. I'll happily take Zero as well.
Ha, I was just stating whom the popular demand vote would be. I am not at all disclosed to the idea of Roll joining. In fact, just like Viridi, Roll has PLENTY of potential. I mention Viridi because her and Roll have some similarities to me for some reason. They are both obscure female characters that have more fighting potential than the actual demanded reps from their respective games. It is quite hilarious, really.

I mean, Viridi is the freaking Goddess of Nature and DARK PIT beats her. I know it was all quick and because they had time, but, since Dark Pit failed to bring any of his cool weapons from the game he was in, he was a waste. And, he is literally the first clone character to be an exact clone of the character he is cloned from with no differences at all except for the THIRD usage of the same final smash, worthless arrows and horrible taunts.

As for Namco, I can see Valkyrie from The Legend of Valkyrie getting in. In terms of crossover events, she seems to be front-and-canter. Possibly even more than Pac-Man, of all people! Namco's mascot!
YES! Ha, I swear, this is getting weird. We seem to favor the exact characters from certain franchises to be playable. I was not expecting someone else to feel the same about her as I did.

If not her, though, I am definitely open to Momo from Wonder Momo as it would be quite funny to have an eighties anime character come into the fight. She would bring in such flavor that no one else could. Well, maybe Alice from Märchen Maze could bring a similar style.

Lol, most of our ideas are of female reps, but there truly are not enough of them as it is in Super Smash Bros. And, I am just dying for Nintendo to throw in a little girl just so that we see those parents go "what?! Why is that speed racer pummeling a kindergartener?!" and, well, how she would fight as well. It would be so hilarious.

Speaking of speed racers, Captain Falcon could have a female rival from Burning Force to fight against. I know Hiromi could kick some serious butt, given Captain Falcon had his moves come out of freaking nowhere.

Man, given how many games Namco has had, it will take me a while to even decide which one I want in the game at all. But, it is pretty hard to decide between the first three. Well, given we are already voting for Arle, we will have that rep. And, Momo might be too "weeaboo" for the western audience.

So, that only leaves Valkyrie. Yeah, I can see it happening.

And for Street Fighter, you're not going to believe this, but I would LOVE for Sakura Kasugano be playable in Smash. I like Ken too, but I agree with your notion that Sakura has more of a semi-clone feel to her. Also, I'd simply be hype like there was no tomorrow if Sakura actually made it in! Unfortunately, Roll, Sakura, and my earlier suggestions of Amitie and Ringo serving as alt. skins for Arle are, again, nothing but a pipe dream for Smash.
I can see Sakura coming in for sure as the next Street Fighter rep, given her popularity has been a bit higher than Ken ever since her debut. I mean, overall, most people might say Ken by default so Ryu has his rival and he is still more widely recognized, but the majority favor Sakura due to her unique style of Ryu in many ways and her appearing in many more spin-offs and main entries. I do believe she has even appeared in more games than Ken ever since her debut, too.

But, sadly, I can also see her copying Ryu's final smashes. However, I would not mind her using Haru Ichiban to replace Ryu's Shin Shoryuken so that she at least has something different. Like, she does the low sweeping rapid kick on the ground, but instead of dealing a single hit, she continuously spins, dealing a deadly forty damage, and can also suck in any foes near the kick and finish it off with a high kick as she does in her original appearance. Either that or use her grinder version, Midare Zakura, of Shin Shoryuken instead.

Her Shinku Hadoken could also be bigger and travel slower, but deal a tremendous fifty percent on a foe with a single hit and send them flying. See what I am doing here? I am basically implying that her close range and distance attacks have reversed properties. Well Ryu has the single hit punch and grinder shot, Sakura has the grinder kick and single shot.

Or, given anyone could easily avoid that slow shot, it could fly a lot farther, be bigger and be a homing attack, but only deals a single thirty percent of damage with minimal knockback. That would be a reference to how Ryu's blast is stronger than his punch, except this time, Sakura's kick is stronger than her blast.

Damn, now I really want Sakura into this game. I am getting her hype train steamed up for nothing. I am going to put some more coal into the Arle train now.

I think Arle would use her Japanese voice tbh.
Be sure to take what you are saying with a grain of salt. Nintendo has been known for some shoddy English voices in the past.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sure you did :laugh:

Yeah, sure. I mean, given I have failed to really find any tutorials on the whole process, it might not be for a while. But, I am entirely open to making my own Ringo model for Project M. Of course, I am not just going to make some rubbish anime model where the shading is entirely gone and it only looks good from an anime standpoint. I am aiming at facial expressions, shading, idle animations, taunts and much more.

But, this all depends if Arle shows up herself or not first. If Arle is not in Sm4sh by the end of next year, that will be my decider on who I should start with. Because, making characters is a living hell in a game where nobody can truly give you any proper tutorials on the process. The Brawl Vault also fails to hold itself up, such as the users themselves. It has had so many canned projects that the ones that did figure it out never elaborated on the whole process.

If I start her next year, I would not expect her for a LONG time. Especially if it is just me doing all of the work. But, should I fail to get around to making her, it would solely be because I do not know what I am doing. As in, no thorough tutorials to be found on Brawl modding. Which, I imagine will be the unfortunate case since Brawl modding seems to be over by this point, except for that elaborate Waluigi mod by Marioking64ds and Project M of course, who is planning on (...) to the game for the 4.0 update.

You asked us this already :crazy:

And I think everyone answered then, too.

Well, to put an end to the Sonic theory, I believe that SEGA themselves said that they did not even want to add more Sonic characters, which was pretty recent and I imagine it relates to Capcom having two reps of their own from separate games.

Ha, I was just stating whom the popular demand vote would be. I am not at all disclosed to the idea of Roll joining. In fact, just like Viridi, Roll has PLENTY of potential. I mention Viridi because her and Roll have some similarities to me for some reason. They are both obscure female characters that have more fighting potential than the actual demanded reps from their respective games. It is quite hilarious, really.

I mean, Viridi is the freaking Goddess of Nature and DARK PIT beats her. I know it was all quick and because they had time, but, since Dark Pit failed to bring any of his cool weapons from the game he was in, he was a waste. And, he is literally the first clone character to be an exact clone of the character he is cloned from with no differences at all except for the THIRD usage of the same final smash, worthless arrows and horrible taunts.

YES! Ha, I swear, this is getting weird. We seem to favor the exact characters from certain franchises to be playable. I was not expecting someone else to feel the same about her as I did.

If not her, though, I am definitely open to Momo from Wonder Momo as it would be quite funny to have an eighties anime character come into the fight. She would bring in such flavor that no one else could. Well, maybe Alice from Märchen Maze could bring a similar style.

Lol, most of our ideas are of female reps, but there truly are not enough of them as it is in Super Smash Bros. And, I am just dying for Nintendo to throw in a little girl just so that we see those parents go "what?! Why is that speed racer pummeling a kindergartener?!" and, well, how she would fight as well. It would be so hilarious.

Speaking of speed racers, Captain Falcon could have a female rival from Burning Force to fight against. I know Hiromi could kick some serious butt, given Captain Falcon had his moves come out of freaking nowhere.

Man, given how many games Namco has had, it will take me a while to even decide which one I want in the game at all. But, it is pretty hard to decide between the first three. Well, given we are already voting for Arle, we will have that rep. And, Momo might be too "weeaboo" for the western audience.

So, that only leaves Valkyrie. Yeah, I can see it happening.

I can see Sakura coming in for sure as the next Street Fighter rep, given her popularity has been a bit higher than Ken ever since her debut. I mean, overall, most people might say Ken by default so Ryu has his rival and he is still more widely recognized, but the majority favor Sakura due to her unique style of Ryu in many ways and her appearing in many more spin-offs and main entries. I do believe she has even appeared in more games than Ken ever since her debut, too.

But, sadly, I can also see her copying Ryu's final smashes. However, I would not mind her using Haru Ichiban to replace Ryu's Shin Shoryuken so that she at least has something different. Like, she does the low sweeping rapid kick on the ground, but instead of dealing a single hit, she continuously spins, dealing a deadly forty damage, and can also suck in any foes near the kick and finish it off with a high kick as she does in her original appearance. Either that or use her grinder version, Midare Zakura, of Shin Shoryuken instead.

Her Shinku Hadoken could also be bigger and travel slower, but deal a tremendous fifty percent on a foe with a single hit and send them flying. See what I am doing here? I am basically implying that her close range and distance attacks have reversed properties. Well Ryu has the single hit punch and grinder shot, Sakura has the grinder kick and single shot.

Or, given anyone could easily avoid that slow shot, it could fly a lot farther, be bigger and be a homing attack, but only deals a single thirty percent of damage with minimal knockback. That would be a reference to how Ryu's blast is stronger than his punch, except this time, Sakura's kick is stronger than her blast.

Damn, now I really want Sakura into this game. I am getting her hype train steamed up for nothing. I am going to put some more coal into the Arle train now.

Be sure to take what you are saying with a grain of salt. Nintendo has been known for some shoddy English voices in the past.
YES, I DID know that!:rolleyes:

Well then, good luck to you on your Ringo project! Still though, if Arle doesn't appear for the official Smash games, you'll be doing all of us a favor!

Oh, right. I DID ask you all that. A while ago, I was wondering if I did.

Yes, and everyone answered THEN, too. I've got a fuzzy memory sometimes. So sue me.:rolleyes:

Whoa, hold up. SEGA actually RESPONDED to the whole "Capcom managed to get two reps in Smash" thing? I hate to bother you about this, but...I don't you have a link or something like that to that statement, do you?

I feel that Roll could be a unique character in the sense that she could use cleaning utensils to fight, and even borrow some moves from MvC itself. Heck, her FS could be Hyper Roll from that game, or simply Rush's Drill or Beat's Plane. You know, thinking about it now, Roll probably wouldn't even be classified as a semi-clone by some/most standards of Mega Man if you got down to it.
You know what else is odd? I...actually GREATLY support Viridi to be in the next Smash. Even before Medusa and Hades. Seriously, it is sad though that Dark Pit wasn't able to use any of his OWN weapons for Smash. Granted, I've accepted that Sakurai and his team were really short on time, but still.

You know what? I've noticed that myself. We seem to favor a LOT of the same characters. It's really interesting. BTW, I don't know if you know this, but there IS a Valkyrie for Smash support thread, you know. Also, if you think THAT'S weird, get this: I actually SUPPORT Wonder Momo AND Hiromi from Burning Force. Along with a number of other Namco characters. It's so strange though: when I see Wonder Momo, first thing to come to my mind is "Wonder Kick!", "Wonder Dive!", my point being, I can see her do some flashy moves that would VAGUELY resemble that of Captain Falcon. You have a point there, that Momo would bring an interesting style to Smash that others haven't. The things she could do with that hula hoop...BTW, you know, I feel parents wouldn't take to kindly to a child fighting in a series like this. Then again...:4ness: and :4lucas:, anyone? Also, as for Hiromi, can you think of anything for her? I support her, but I'm a little lost on ideas for her. All in all. Momo might be a bit "different" for the West, so Val...maybe the likely choice here. Still, if you want you can head to the Valkyrie thread to see the other Namco reps I suggested.

I would welcome Sakura with open arms, but you're right. Some of her "semi-clone" status would most likely show up. Maybe she could do more damage faster than Ryu, but finishing off an opponent is where her trouble would lie. Still, one of my favorite SF characters, through and through. Funny thing, but with Ryu and Sakura, I get such a "Batman and Robin" vibe from them. (Especially considering that we have TWO female Robin in DC Comics, and all, that makes great sense.) Multi-hitting attacks and strong kicks, huh? Yeah, I can see that working out. Great, nowt the Sakura hype train is hitting me too!

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well then, good luck to you on your Ringo project! Still though, if Arle doesn't appear for the official Smash games, you'll be doing all of us a favor!
Well, by the time she would be done, you would probably have moved no with your life :chuckle: even if I did make her perfect with a moveset and final smash.

Whoa, hold up. SEGA actually RESPONDED to the whole "Capcom managed to get two reps in Smash" thing? I hate to bother you about this, but...I don't you have a link or something like that to that statement, do you?
No, not about that. I mean, they are very obstinate on adding more Sonic characters in general. This has nothing to do with Capcom having multiple reps. I just heard from various sources that they did not want to heavily represent Sonic, for whatever reasons. That is also why all of his colors are just shades of blue and not yellow for Tails, red for Knuckles, etc. Did you ever catch onto that vibe?

I feel that Roll could be a unique character in the sense that she could use cleaning utensils to fight, and even borrow some moves from MvC itself. Heck, her FS could be Hyper Roll from that game, or simply Rush's Drill or Beat's Plane. You know, thinking about it now, Roll probably wouldn't even be classified as a semi-clone by some/most standards of Mega Man if you got down to it.
She would be freaking great.

You know what else is odd? I...actually GREATLY support Viridi to be in the next Smash. Even before Medusa and Hades. Seriously, it is sad though that Dark Pit wasn't able to use any of his OWN weapons for Smash. Granted, I've accepted that Sakurai and his team were really short on time, but still.
She just had so much potential! Why was she just limited to commentary? I bet she had what it took to spice up the series. Given Kid Icarus is being shoved down our throats as it is, why not give us characters we at least WANT to play from that game?

You know what? I've noticed that myself. We seem to favor a LOT of the same characters. It's really interesting. BTW, I don't know if you know this, but there IS a Valkyrie for Smash support thread, you know. Also, if you think THAT'S weird, get this: I actually SUPPORT Wonder Momo AND Hiromi from Burning Force. Along with a number of other Namco characters. It's so strange though: when I see Wonder Momo, first thing to come to my mind is "Wonder Kick!", "Wonder Dive!", my point being, I can see her do some flashy moves that would VAGUELY resemble that of Captain Falcon. You have a point there, that Momo would bring an interesting style to Smash that others haven't. The things she could do with that hula hoop...BTW, you know, I feel parents wouldn't take to kindly to a child fighting in a series like this. Then again...:4ness: and :4lucas:, anyone? Also, as for Hiromi, can you think of anything for her? I support her, but I'm a little lost on ideas for her. All in all. Momo might be a bit "different" for the West, so Val...maybe the likely choice here. Still, if you want you can head to the Valkyrie thread to see the other Namco reps I suggested.
Momo would be freaking great, without a doubt. I would main her so much. But, yeah, Valkyrie would still be sick.

I would welcome Sakura with open arms, but you're right. Some of her "semi-clone" status would most likely show up. Maybe she could do more damage faster than Ryu, but finishing off an opponent is where her trouble would lie. Still, one of my favorite SF characters, through and through. Funny thing, but with Ryu and Sakura, I get such a "Batman and Robin" vibe from them. (Especially considering that we have TWO female Robin in DC Comics, and all, that makes great sense.) Multi-hitting attacks and strong kicks, huh? Yeah, I can see that working out. Great, now the Sakura hype train is hitting me too!
Exactly. She would literally be the opposite of Ryu in terms of her styles. Ryu has lots of moves that are just single hit, but Sakura could just have grinders instead. Her Shouoken can be a grinder, similar in her first appearance when she runs up to her opponent before doing it. She could have the Sakura Otoshi as a replacement for Ryu's Shakunetsu Hadoken as her special input. Like, her →↘↓→ input when pressing A can trigger the Sakura Otoshi, well doing →↘↓→ and pressing B instead triggers her Shouoken. It would be pretty awesome and she might as well have the same extensive inputs that Ryu has.

I get far too ahead of myself with these ideas, but man, if some hacker finds and implements them into Project M, I would be so happy.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So today I wanted to share something from @PushDustIn of Source Gaming. A few days ago I was given a list that he compiled using various requests across the internet and logibility. I finished the list, which compiled the most likely characters for Smash DLC. So without further ado, here's the list.

Pre-ballot:
Wolf
Shovel Knight

Post-ballot:
Dixie Kong
Waddle Dee (aka: Bandana Dee)
Professor Layton
Arle Nadja

These results are obviously unexpected, so if there are any questions or thoughts feel free to share.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Estelle, Ingrid, and Ryo were leaked today. Chances are that there might be a few more characters, but things are rather unclear if these are the last batch of characters for PXZ2 or not. At least the Shenmue fans got something else to be happy about other than Shenmue 3's Kickstarter.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
A thread for Arle? omg I absolutely love the gal! been a fan of Puyo ever since I had Puyo Puyo Tsu on my SNES and played about 5 games of the series since then (also the first Madou Monogatari, adorable game and Arle is so charmy on her RPGs)

I support this!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, by the time she would be done, you would probably have moved no with your life :chuckle: even if I did make her perfect with a moveset and final smash.

No, not about that. I mean, they are very obstinate on adding more Sonic characters in general. This has nothing to do with Capcom having multiple reps. I just heard from various sources that they did not want to heavily represent Sonic, for whatever reasons. That is also why all of his colors are just shades of blue and not yellow for Tails, red for Knuckles, etc. Did you ever catch onto that vibe?

She would be freaking great.

She just had so much potential! Why was she just limited to commentary? I bet she had what it took to spice up the series. Given Kid Icarus is being shoved down our throats as it is, why not give us characters we at least WANT to play from that game?

Momo would be freaking great, without a doubt. I would main her so much. But, yeah, Valkyrie would still be sick.

Exactly. She would literally be the opposite of Ryu in terms of her styles. Ryu has lots of moves that are just single hit, but Sakura could just have grinders instead. Her Shouoken can be a grinder, similar in her first appearance when she runs up to her opponent before doing it. She could have the Sakura Otoshi as a replacement for Ryu's Shakunetsu Hadoken as her special input. Like, her →↘↓→ input when pressing A can trigger the Sakura Otoshi, well doing →↘↓→ and pressing B instead triggers her Shouoken. It would be pretty awesome and she might as well have the same extensive inputs that Ryu has.

I get far too ahead of myself with these ideas, but man, if some hacker finds and implements them into Project M, I would be so happy.
Well, that'll be neat!

You know what, I did notice that...Matter of fact, I thought that would be changed starting with Smash 4. Huh...

She would, wouldn't she? I would hope at least SOME moves for Roll are taken from MvC.

Honeslty, I dislike how Viridi ended up being relegated to nothing but commentary, and can me weird, but with the way she was a little TOO smug and condescending in this game, well...let me put it like this: You know how some actually wanted Duck Hunt to be playable in Smash, just for the sole purpose of beating up the dog for laughing at them all these years? I just feel that Viridi really should have put her money where her mouth is this time around. Maybe next game...

Momo really would be a character I'd be all for! Seriously, though. I wonder if she really would fight with vague references to Capt. Falcon's moveset... Like what I mentioned last night. You know, I wonder how it would be if Momo teamed up with Capt. Faclon in one of Namco's X games? I mean she teamed up with Bravoman (who I also support for Smash) in the first X game, so maybe it would be all that strange.

Now I want Sakura in Smash even more! That moveset you thought of for her is awesome! Good replacements for Ryu's moves, BTW. I wonder if she'd have any special quotes for beating Ryu in Smash.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Estelle, Ingrid, and Ryo were leaked today. Chances are that there might be a few more characters, but things are rather unclear if these are the last batch of characters for PXZ2 or not. At least the Shenmue fans got something else to be happy about other than Shenmue 3's Kickstarter.
Whoops! Forgot to mention I saw that his morning, and Holy Cow, RYO is in PXZ2! Honestly, I've been having this feeling in my gut about two months ago because of Shenmue 3, that he'd in the game.

A thread for Arle? omg I absolutely love the gal! been a fan of Puyo ever since I had Puyo Puyo Tsu on my SNES and played about 5 games of the series since then (also the first Madou Monogatari, adorable game and Arle is so charmy on her RPGs)

I support this!
Well, welcome to the thread!

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, that'll be neat!
Someone did already make a Puyo Puyo stage that uses a very detailed emblem for the series, so there are lots of aesthetics that I do not have to worry about now in a few areas.

You know what, I did notice that...Matter of fact, I thought that would be changed starting with Smash 4. Huh...
Project M changed it properly. Heck, Sonic plays significantly better in Project M to me. He has his good voice, very good new moves and he feels more like Sonic.

She would, wouldn't she? I would hope at least SOME moves for Roll are taken from MvC.
Yeah, she would be great if they did that.

*Honestly, I dislike how Viridi ended up being relegated to nothing but commentary, and can me weird, but with the way she was a little TOO smug and condescending in this game, well...let me put it like this: You know how some actually wanted Duck Hunt to be playable in Smash, just for the sole purpose of beating up the dog for laughing at them all these years? I just feel that Viridi really should have put her money where her mouth is this time around. Maybe next game...
Yeah, though that only depends on how much longer Kid Icarus is popular for. I can honestly see the series being removed altogether if anyone other than Sakurai is heading the next entry. The first thing we would see is fan service, which ultimately means the exclusion of the characters fans hated the most. So, Jigglypuff might see his last day as well if this is to be true, alongside the bucket list of unnecessary characters, which might be saying goodbye to fan favorites and cause an outrage.

Momo really would be a character I'd be all for! Seriously, though. I wonder if she really would fight with vague references to Capt. Falcon's moveset... Like what I mentioned last night. You know, I wonder how it would be if Momo teamed up with Capt. *Falcon in one of Namco's X games? I mean she teamed up with Bravoman (who I also support for Smash) in the first X game, so maybe it would be all that strange.
Probably not, as Captain Falcon already has a clone. Even worse, he has a semi-clone, so Momo has to be original or else she would have negative reception. Because Marth, Lucina and Roy are just barely different from each other, well Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are now noticeably different in a few areas where we can call Ganondorf a semi-clone.

If anyone, Hiromi would be up for the task of copying Captain Falcon. She could have a complete reversal of his moveset, such as kicking where he punches, punches where he kicks and whatnot. In fact, I do not even have to say more, as that alone sounds like a finished moveset. The only hard part would be how her final smash plays out.

Now I want Sakura in Smash even more! That moveset you thought of for her is awesome! Good replacements for Ryu's moves, BTW. I wonder if she'd have any special quotes for beating Ryu in Smash.
Most likely, yeah. The Fire Emblem characters share exclusive victory taunts with each other. Lucina mentions how she beat "The Radiant Hero of Legend" whenever she beats a certain person.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I'm very unsure on if Arle could be in PXZ2. Puyo Pop look cartoony, but it also looks anime. I guess with the sprite art she would fit In well, but I don't know if she would be a solo as the only Puyo rep or a pair unit with another character from Puyo or Sega.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I'm very unsure on if Arle could be in PXZ2. Puyo Pop look cartoony, but it also looks anime. I guess with the sprite art she would fit In well, but I don't know if she would be a solo as the only Puyo rep or a pair unit with another character from Puyo or Sega.
My best bet is that they pair her up with Ringo, as she is the most recent one to become popular. Otherwise, we have Amite who has been overall more popular, but was not exactly favored outside of Japan due to her very cheesy nature. Lastly, they can always go classic Compile and pair her up with Draco or Schezo.

If they go with the Compile era, Arle would not look too cartoony at all. However, Fever might come off as such.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Hey, guys, I figure since nobody has posted here in a while, I would post something a bit random to the discussion at hand, but still relates to Puyo Puyo in general.

So, basically, I made a clumsy order and got this new 3DS cover (new 3DS cover, not "New 3DS" cover) and I though it would be for...well, you read inside the parenthesis already. Kinda looks something like this:

And, I was pretty upset over that.

But, it also came with four figurines, so that was a nice bonus. However, I am not particularly a fan of the other two out of the four I got with it, but I would not mind keeping them myself as I enjoy the series a lot. However, because I do not want to look too much like a fanatic when someone just sees all of these guys standing together, I wanted to lay off my least favorite of the quartet. But, despite looking the flashiest, I do not care if people know that I like Arle as she is awesome. And, I am actually starting to grow more fond of Ringo lately, too.

Anyway, I figure that none of my 3DS friends at home would really want this case or the figures. So, perhaps, you guys might be interested! I do not even care if I gotta sell them, as I would even give them away if necessary. They are pretty high quality so I would not want to dispose of them, either.

Should seem obvious who the other two would be, but I will let you see them anyway.

So, basically, I just have these two figurines and that case lying around, so I just want to give them some homes to other fans of the series! Cause, why not? And, I am dead serious in, sadly, saying that nobody in my town is a fan of this game at all. However, they all love Tetris, so I am confused as to why this is the case.

So, what do you guys think? Not sure if asking this sort of thing is awkward on the internet or not, but I really had no other means to getting them off my hands as nobody wants singles in a collection and I do not live in Japan at the moment, either, to drop one on the ground and watch a fan rush out of nowhere to retrieve it.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Well, guys. Today's the last day for the Smash Ballot to take character suggestions. If anyone hasn't voted for Arle, I'd do it now!

Notshane

Smash Ace
Well, guys. Today's the last day for the Smash Ballot to take character suggestions. If anyone hasn't voted for Arle, I'd do it now!
When they said deadline, I thought they meant that they were revealing the results today. That was pretty upsetting.

Well, given we can vote as many times as we want, I am voting for her again!

Notshane

Smash Ace
Strange that the ballot has yet to end. Perhaps, we will find out around the time they usually update the eShop. Maybe, they will just upright give us the characters right away. But, even for Nintendo, that would be too nice.

I mean, they did just give us stages less than a week ago. I am implying tomorrow because the last character update was on a Sunday and it is a day after the ballot ended. Unless, they actually did decide to just now begin making them.

I was also just thinking that Nintendo already has a rep for a little girl fighter themselves that has gained a lot of good notoriety lately. So, if Arle does not make it, we actually do still have a rep in that department.

Top Bottom