• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voodoo Smash on the Bayou

'V'

Smash Lord
Oh sweeet!! He stickied it for us. Thanks, Mike!!

Edit: So here's the current status on what's going to be available for us on Saturday.

TV's : Me - 1, Bomber - 1, Chinese Inn - 2, Randall - Maybe 2?, Nick - 1

Wii's and Brawl: Me - 1, Bomber - 1, Randall - 1?, Ran Iji - 1, Nick - 1, Sudai - 1 if needed, Arcadia (He usually brings his stuff) - 1 if needed

SD card: We only need 1 - Ran Iji

Tables and chairs: Nick - 1, Bomber - 1?

We'll still need more tables... Are there any available inside? It's a restaurant after all...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Omg Thanks Mike!

edit: @RJ- I used Paint it and word wording I used PaintNET. It came with Vista.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
As far as tables go I'll ask. Actually since I have been the one doing most of the Q&A with the guy, I'll have Nitez do it. :p

Edit: Sudai, throw your stuff in Vaughn's car. lol.

'V'

Smash Lord
That's fine... Chances are we won't even need it by the end of singles, which shouldn't take too long to get to.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well heres my list of people:

Me
RJ
Nitez
Mocha
Randal
Ran
LinkEiyu
Kirok
BSL
Tiger uppercut people(?) - unknown
anime club members from school(?)-assuming no more than 3.
whoever else decides to come

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Also, seeing as how we only have about 15-20 people coming...if we finish the singles in time, we may have time for doubles. I hope every has fun, because I look forward to using this place in the future, but of course next time, we may need to charge a venue fee. David's parents have allowed over there EVERY time we've asked to have something, me, Bomb, and Rj feel it would only be right to give something back. Also guys, be sure to bring some extra money if you plan on eating food, because I know I do ;)

Chronic Alchemy

Smash Rookie
Wish I could go...

Next time when have a big tournament can it some where half way between B.R. and N.O., Like Laplace, or some where around there?

'V'

Smash Lord
There's not enough time to read all of the text, but a really good job, nonetheless.

I just realized that I'm gonna be bringing A LOT of stuff to this thing...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
There's not enough time to read all of the text, but a really good job, nonetheless.

I just realized that I'm gonna be bringing A LOT of stuff to this thing...
lol me too. Better make sure that you bring back everything you brought. We always have someone forgetting something: GC controller 99.999999% of the time.

I wish someone would just for once leave a TV. D:

'V'

Smash Lord
TV's are too valuable... GC controllers are easily replaced, especially with those white controller with the 10 ft. cords.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
TV's are too valuable... GC controllers are easily replaced, especially with those white controller with the 10 ft. cords.
but ever since the Wii came out, the younger gamers are like "wtf is a gamecube(controller)?" It's madness!

Besides, Controllers are hard to come by unless you shop at GameWare. gamestop controllers are gay.

'V'

Smash Lord
I meant you can just buy new ones off the internet, and everyone's been buying those new white controllers. Now THAT's madness.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
As long as you are posting in my thread THIS IS SPARTA!

Also I told you Friday that this week would go by quickly. Look at us now, it;s friking THURSDAY! Friday will come in only a few hours.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
Sorry bomber, I meant to say mocha. I wasn't on his list that he posted up there. How expensive is the food at Chinese Inn? And I just left my house and I forgot to ask, but I might be able to bring a table.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sorry bomber, I meant to say mocha. I wasn't on his list that he posted up there. How expensive is the food at Chinese Inn? And I just left my house and I forgot to ask, but I might be able to bring a table.
Bring like $10-15 for food. I htink the most expensive thing I saw on there was Tea bathed duck..... for like either 14 or 21 dollars.

Aside from that it's relatively reasonable. What I'll do for next tournament/ gathering is post the menu.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Because I know most of y'all are going to want to eat and be able to pay the fee, I would like to ask that y'all bring money that isn't just a $20 bill. I know it's easier to just carry something that big, but most likely people are going to pay for entry first and then go eat and I want to make sure I will be able to give out the proper change to people that need it instead of being buried in twenties (that would be nice if I did have to hand out change). So bring fives and tens or at least do me a favor and if you plan on getting food, have a $5 bill set aside and then have like a $10 or $20 for food.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
1: Hyro ($112.00)
2: Arcadia ($32.00)
3: Eet ($16.00)
4: Jnig
5: Tiger2
5: Bomber
7: Nitez
7: Jordan
9: BSLTiger
9: Redson
9: Tiger3
9: Frank
13: 5
13: Rj
13: Friend 3
13: Turazrok
17: 9
17: Friend 2
17: Tiger1
17: Friend 1
17: 11
17: 4
17: 10
17: 3
25: 8
25: 13
25: 2
25: 14
25: 7
25: 6
25: 12
25: 1

This is a sample Bracket. This was biased as I could make it.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
lol, "this is as biased as i could make it" hahaha.

i got higher than you? wow. lol. its gonna be awesome. im practicing my weegee. he isnt all that bad. i most likely will be using wolf though.

BOMBER! IM BRINGING A TABLE!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Voodoo Smash Results:

1. Lee Martin ($45.50)
2. Hyro ($13.00)
3. Jnig ($6.50)
4. Nitez
5. Ran
5. Randall
7. Blain
7. Arcrazia
9. BSL
9. Bomber
9. RJPunch
9. Mocha
13. David
13. Omnis

Teams:
1. Lee and Hyro ($35.00)
2. Jnig and Ran ($15.00)
3. Randall and Blaine
4. Vaughn and Bomber (double Random still is so much win)
5. RJ and Nitez

GG's to all. glad y'all could make it. We will definitely be using this place in the future. Thanks to everyone who came and who helped me with the brackets. :)

I'm very happy to say it was a success. YA-HA!

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hopefully after LOST we'll have a better local turnout so I might be able to convince some Laffy people to go to BR. I know Blaise wants to get back into competitive smash, so I might be able to hitch a ride from him.

Top Bottom