• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voodoo Smash on the Bayou

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Will there be a melee setup?
no. due to lack of experience and unknown turnout and wanting to keep this tourny as simple as possible, there won't be any side events. However if we can use this place more often and things arent as bad, we will work towards having that in the future.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Then I'm not sure if I wanna go... I can go because it's incity..... but do I want to???

Turazrok

Smash Master
Well idk... maybe.... but now I'm just spamming up the thread. If I decide to come I'll let you guys know.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Ok um it's not called "street sharking" I don't know who made up that ******* name lol. And you shouldn't ban a tech that 1. no one can do, and 2. Is easily avoidable. If they mess up trying to get under their, they die. No ones gonna take that risk and they deserve it if they do. And finally, people shouldn't talk when they don't know what they're talking about. That glitch has nothing to do with Meta Knight, it's the stage. Wolf can get under there too. So can Ike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQprXz98HNU&feature=related

Pointless things shouldn't be added to the rules... /vent

But aaannnyways I'm coming to this and smoke machines ftw

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
no. due to lack of experience and unknown turnout and wanting to keep this tourny as simple as possible, there won't be any side events. However if we can use this place more often and things arent as bad, we will work towards having that in the future.
I don't know if this is final for no side events, I would like to try to see what's possible within the time limit. This is our test run, if we see that we have enough time left, maybe we could possibly fit in a side event. If not then I'm thinking maybe we could have a vote on what type of tourney we'll have there(only if we can't do multiple events in one meeting).

Since this place doesn't open until 11, we're asking that you show up between 11-12 for registration. If you're not there in time, too bad, just spectate while other smashers rub it in your face. Sorry for being strict but we gotta do it, we have a limited amout of time and just waiting an extra hour for everyone will just cut it short. I'm looking to be there at around 10:30 and 10:45 and whichever time I do get there, we can immediately start registration.

Curlz

Smash Lord
The glitch name was made up on youtube. I saw it in one comment and then saw it being posted on other videos. Besides, it sounds cool, so it should stay. Its just a name, lol.

As for the tech. It should be banned in general. Because I don't wanna get "sharked" if I'm playing someone on that stage. Even if its risky and hard to do. If someone can pull it off, I don't want to get *****.

'V'

Smash Lord
Ok um it's not called "street sharking" I don't know who made up that ******* name lol. And you shouldn't ban a tech that 1. no one can do, and 2. Is easily avoidable. If they mess up trying to get under their, they die. No ones gonna take that risk and they deserve it if they do. And finally, people shouldn't talk when they don't know what they're talking about. That glitch has nothing to do with Meta Knight, it's the stage. Wolf can get under there too. So can Ike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQprXz98HNU&feature=related

Pointless things shouldn't be added to the rules... /vent

But aaannnyways I'm coming to this and smoke machines ftw
Hyro, seriously... Calm down about rules, man. It's only Brawl. Pointless glitches and things were banned in Melee all the time. If people wanna do it, let them do it.

Brawl stages are ******** as it is anyway. I hear you can literally go under the pirate ship with GW and just stall.

'V'

Smash Lord
We REALLY need more setups for this. I'll ask Nick if he wants to come and if he can't, I'll ask to borrow his stuff.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright, Bomber I don't think I can bring my wii. The turnout might be around 15-25 people, so I'll keep playing with TIO
aww man D:

well just keep playing with TIO if nothing else. Well, at least I'll make plans to see Vaughn next Friday. :/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Important Announcment

It's October 10th guys, this is the time we need be told, who's coming, who's not, who's bringing set-ups and who's not and we really need set-ups.

Plus I will be attending now since I have no longer any obligations during that time anymore. if you need to know what the place looks like, click on the name and there is a link inside that will show you a picture of it.

'V'

Smash Lord
Awesome way to get the message across. You should put that in the La Thread too.

I'll be bringing my stuff as you already know.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Just as an important reminder. We need to know a general headcount of all who can at least post here are coming to the tournament as well as who will be bringing set-ups. I'm well aware that theres a LSU vs Tulane that day but no one has said anything about going or not going to the tournament so I'm assuming only like 4 people are coming. Not trying to sound like an *** or spaz about it but I need to know. I know there has been some demand for a Brawl venue and so we were lucky to find one so I suggest that we take advantage and use it since the people are being nice enough to let us use it. However to be straightforward, if there is like 5 people for the tournament and it's a horrible turn out then you guys can find your own venue or continue driving out of the way places like Lafayette for Brawl.

Also we will need tables. If you got one, I'm looking for maybe about 5 at most. They got plenty of chairs (trust me) but we need fold out tables. I'm pretty sure I can supply one to put the set ups on and we also need power strips.

So yeah if you are simply just not going, say so. If you are then speak up now.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ok, I am NOT going to this because I will be at the LSU/Tulane game. There.

Guys that can make it to this, yall really need to step up NOW.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
I am Making it to this one. Bomber should we get some Anime club members that are decent to come? or just get like noobs jk about the noobs

edit: We may want to use one of the tv's for Lsu Tulane game. you know give them the people who were knocked out something to do

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I am Making it to this one. Bomber should we get some Anime club members that are decent to come? or just get like noobs jk about the noobs

edit: We may want to use one of the tv's for Lsu Tulane game. you know give them the people who were knocked out something to do
that's a good idea. Also see if you got a table lying around, even if it's a small one. I want to have some table to put set-ups on and as the date draws nearer, we can think about the anime club people. I'd give it until the 26 before we start asking them .

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Cool I could try and bring a small wooden table that could a tv. so yeah I played with my new controller and the y button doesn't short hop for me. But be warned, I'm learning a secret character.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
how long would this last till? i would like to go to the lsu game, so i doubt i can go, according to what JNig said. turok can borrow my wii for another setup if he is going, i guess.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
how long would this last till? i would like to go to the lsu game, so i doubt i can go, according to what JNig said. turok can borrow my wii for another setup if he is going, i guess.
It will probably last until 10, that's if we get a decent amount confirmed to come. JNig and Bsl, we'll miss you! :(

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
well, that sucks a whole lot. will ALL tourneys be on saturdays? i wont get to go to any until football season is over. i vote for more friday tourneys.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
if the turnout is small it may only take a few hours. :/

Also I think it was Nites who suggested that we have one TV open for everyone to watch the game, if they will have it on tv.

'V'

Smash Lord
If the turnout is small and especially if it'll make it a perfect bracket, I'll enter. Though I suck...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If the turnout is small and especially if it'll make it a perfect bracket, I'll enter. Though I suck...
who cares. It's just a Brawl tournament. Not like it's going toward PR or anything. It's just to test out the venue. :ohwell:

'V'

Smash Lord
Hopefully it'll be a good venue. Being in a place with video games, TV, and food sounds like a good place to me. It needs to be hyped though. I imagine people will start making up their minds after this weekend is over.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hopefully it'll be a good venue. Being in a place with video games, TV, and food sounds like a good place to me. It needs to be hyped though. I imagine people will start making up their minds after this weekend is over.
I hope so. I'm getting a little hyped as the day draws nearer. It's gonna be fun. We just need to find people with some tables. I think I may have 1 to offer aside form that, if Nick comes, I'd like to ask him if he could bring his table too.

Also I just got my licence today :D Thank God. Get hyped.

'V'

Smash Lord
I hope so. I'm getting a little hyped as the day draws nearer. It's gonna be fun. We just need to find people with some tables. I think I may have 1 to offer aside form that, if Nick comes, I'd like to ask him if he could bring his table too.

Also I just got my licence today :D Thank God. Get hyped.
Sweeet. Awesome job, man.

If Nick can't come, I can always ask to just borrow his table and chairs and just bring them back to him later, so that settles that actually. I have a feeling he'll probably come though, since it's in town unless he plans to go to Monroe, which I can see happening because it'll be Halloween.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well if we can get his table from him that would be cool.

I'm really hoping this will be a great venue because if all goes well then next time I ask for a tourny and he complies then I'm going to try having side events so that way it will attract some people and it will be casual. Then we can get down to the real stuff and make PR tournies.

on a side note, I wonder if I should keep the name of the tourny if this kicks off or should I change the name to like "The Chinese Inn Monthlies." That's irrelevant right now. lol.

Edit: decided to not be lazy and threw in a link to google maps, so just click on the address and it will send you to where the map is. Since it's google, it has google earth at your disposal; I highly suggest you use it. Also on the google earth it won't put you directly infront of the restaurant. You will have to click on the arrow that moves you forward down Airline a few buildings, but you will see it.

Top Bottom