• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voodoo Smash on the Bayou

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Voodoo Smash on the Bayou​
October 31st, 2009

Chinese Inn
9449 Airline Hwy.
Baton Rouge, LA
Doors open at 11 a.m. and registration begins
Tournament starts at 12
$5 entry fee

Louisiana General Brawl Ruleset

-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; Best 2/3; All finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!
-Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Corneria (Teams Only)

Banned

The rest

Basic Info:
-NO outside food or drink or illegal substances (guys this is a restaurant they got food and stuff you can by only a few steps away)
-The address has been posted and I put in a link to google maps. The restaurant is pinpointed on the map for you. If you aren't familiar with the area, play around with the map, they got google earth views on it too so you can see the surrounding area. Also click on the Chinese Inn if you don't know what the place looks like.

You are responsible for knowing these rules, if you mess up and break them, TOO BAD. At the tournament I will have reference sheets for you guys so that way we all know the stages since not all of us have the best of memories.

Set-Ups:

Anything else concerning this tournament will be posted. I hope y'all can make it.

'V'

Smash Lord
I'll come and I'll provide a full setup also to help you guys out. TV, Wii, Brawl, and SD card.

Hopefully my event will happen. =D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll come and I'll provide a full setup also to help you guys out. TV, Wii, Brawl, and SD card.

Hopefully my event will happen. =D
I have no problem with side events but like I said. It's his house his rules, plus it's new and I don't want to bring everything in pull force. If we do manage to get things rolling (I'd love that) then we could add on some things, PLUS as a bonus, he is the president of the Video Game club at Baton Rouge high (I know right awesome) it's a new club this year so we can also help build up some credit for him and suggest great side events plus I'm sure we are helping him out in some way. :]

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah how about you just come to GA

tournys already hype got fl and alabama and maybe texas

Player-1

Smash Legend
No problem, if all goes well then we might be able to use the same place again in the future.

I know right? Who wants to just cancel the tournament and everyone carpool friday night and head out for Georgia? [enter sarcasm here]
GA is more poorooo.

How about you post pone it, and have your halloween bash on thanksgiving instead?

Rayku

Smash Lord
The reason everyone is trying to promote going to Georgia is because there is already a tournament titled "Halloween Bash" in GA.

We already have people from OoS coming, including Florida, Tennessee, SC, and hopefully we'll get some TX/NC people to come.

There's one guy looking into going from New Jersey.

That's just the reason, if you guys didn't really know. We're expecting a pretty good turnout. I would suggest changing the name of your tournament, though...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The reason everyone is trying to promote going to Georgia is because there is already a tournament titled "Halloween Bash" in GA.

We already have people from OoS coming, including Florida, Tennessee, SC, and hopefully we'll get some TX/NC people to come.

There's one guy looking into going from New Jersey.

That's just the reason, if you guys didn't really know. We're expecting a pretty good turnout. I would suggest changing the name of your tournament, though...
wow it took like 10 posts for someone to bring that point up. I'll change it lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Much appreciated from the TO.

That being said, come to GA for a much wider variety of players ;D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=243754

It's got $100 worth of OoS incentive ;)

/shameless state promotion
lol I had just looked at that 5 minutes ago. As much as I would love to go to an Oos tourny, I'm in not position to so I'm gonna just stay here at home and keep this tourny going.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Player-1 is only begging us to come b/c he wants to meet NiTEZ. Isn't that right P1? Remember Player-0?

Edit: We're also trying to actually get back in the Brawl scene in LA, so we're doing more tourneys since there was main complaints. We appreciate the invite, but I plan on staying and doing this tourney, unless there actually is a way for me to get to GA. This is our 1st tourney at a new venue, so it's pretty much a test run.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
No banned tactics? MK's IDC, EDC, and Street Sharking glitch should be banned.
you make a good point. I'll add that real quick. I didn't think about that. Also, what is the Street Shark glitch, I haven't heard of that before.

But anyway. MK IDC will be put as banned.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Important

Double post for important announcement

I just got a job @ Jimmy Johns. I just got home from talking to the owner and on my resume I had put my hours to work the weekends. My hours of work I have for saturdays are from 8am to 6pm. So I won't be there to run the tournament, when I get off, if the tournament is still going on (most likely), I will make sure that I will get there to see the rest of the tournament through.

'V'

Smash Lord
I can help big time if that really is indeed the case. Though is it possible for you to request that saturday off? It's quite a while away...

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I can help big time if that really is indeed the case. Though is it possible for you to request that saturday off? It's quite a while away...
Well I don't go to work until 2 weeks from friday and I want to at least get the hang of it. I will see however, it would be a little embarrassing/awkward to tell my boss "hey can I take off because I'm hosting a tournament across town" especially since this place is known across the country plus he was telling me how much he needed the hours that I had down and plus it's tailgating season so yeah and the LSU-Tulane game is that day so it will be very busy that day and I know he will need me. Long story short, since I'm only working the weekends, I will only get in like 3-4 weekends of work by then and I want to make a first good impression until I get the hang of things so I'm not guaranteeing anything plus it's only until 6.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Alright bomber, glad for you and your job. Also, I'll try and bring wii/brawl.
Are we going by the placing system we talked about or just a random number system?
If we go by the later, I can make a program in python to give us the first round.

SMASH PRACTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED TODAY AND WILL BE RESUMING TOMORROW.
REPEAT SMASH PRACTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED TODAY AND WILL BE RESUMING TOMORROW.
THAT IS ALL.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Alright bomber, glad for you and your job. Also, I'll try and bring wii/brawl.
Are we going by the placing system we talked about or just a random number system?
If we go by the later, I can make a program in python to give us the first round.

SMASH PRACTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED TODAY AND WILL BE RESUMING TOMORROW.
REPEAT SMASH PRACTICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED TODAY AND WILL BE RESUMING TOMORROW.
THAT IS ALL.
I think for now we should just go by the random unless Vaughn or someone with the experience suggest something else that would help brackets be organised and not a mess from being "unbalanced". I'm gona upload TIO into my 8gig to give to you tomorrow, put it into your laptop tomorrow and give it to me thursday. then I'll give Tio to Anthony on monday or something, it'l give you a chance to play around with TIO. It's very easy, everything is laid out for you, you just gotta fill in the info.

'V'

Smash Lord
It's been a while since anyone's had a Brawl tourney, so I say go with random unless you wanna seed according to the results that will happen from tourneys before this one. Those are 2 good possibilities. It's all up to you though.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's been a while since anyone's had a Brawl tourney, so I say go with random unless you wanna seed according to the results that will happen from tourneys before this one. Those are 2 good possibilities. It's all up to you though.
I was thinking that really and I mentioned that to MetaSonic(Anthony) and RJ that we should just do random taking account for our circumstances and to make it clear that this tournament will not count toward PR if there are some people out there that are worried about that. My main concern is to get this Brawl tourny thing back on it's feet and then we can start worrying about PR.

'V'

Smash Lord
Cool, then you know what you're doing and you have the right mindset.

But you still don't have a Megaphone!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Top Bottom