• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Visting the United Kingdom for Christmas

Max?

Smash Champion
Sup guys? For those of you who don't know me, I'm otg. I'm from the NYC area and play with people like PC, Jman and for those of you who might remember him, Tuna. I'll be visiting the UK with my family between December 22nd and the 28th. I'd love to play with you guys while I'm out here!! I know it's the holiday season, but this opportunity doesn't come around very often, so hopefully we can all hang out and smash!

As of now, we'll be staying in Maida Vale, and I'll be free to travel at my leisure. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

PS: 420 friendly ;)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm pretty sure you will get to play some good Londoners in that time despite it being Christmas :)

Ohh and of course we remember Tuna!

gm jack

Smash Lord
I should be able to host something in that time period, if none of the londoners wants to host a fest. I live a little outside london, but with my family, so not really 420 friendly.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Hello, I recall Tuna, but anyway I'd like to say that since you're going to be situated in (West) London you will have no trouble whatsoever since London holds a very dense smash scene.

Max?

Smash Champion
Thanks for the quick responses guys! Just to clarify, I'm a melee player. Is the smash scene in London more Brawl or Melee? I'll be checking this thread periodically, and hopefully when we get closer to the season we can figure out something more concretely.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Well if it isn't the legendary Doc player form the character specific boards. I've heard all about you from Tuna. Would be good to play you

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
was showing Jolteon the Doc ropes yday, cause I've played with Shroomed and got a pretty good understanding of how annoying doc can be :D cant wait to play ya max

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm so pumped to hang with you guys. Just to give you all an update on what's going on with me, I'll be getting in the morning of the 23rd, but I do not think I'll be free until Christmas Night. From that point on I'm more or less free for the next two days, and then I'm leaving the 28th. I know this is a long way off but still, so hyped to come out and hang.

What's good with the 4/20 scene out there ;)

Jolteon

I want to money match you when you're over here, since you're not going to be able to go to any of our tournaments.

4/20 - speak to tesco crew about that lol (deathgazer, j3ly, unreal, pms, king ndj)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'm so pumped to hang with you guys. Just to give you all an update on what's going on with me, I'll be getting in the morning of the 23rd, but I do not think I'll be free until Christmas Night. From that point on I'm more or less free for the next two days, and then I'm leaving the 28th. I know this is a long way off but still, so hyped to come out and hang.

What's good with the 4/20 scene out there ;)
where abouts will you be?

Max?

Smash Champion
Hey guys, so the big week is almost upon us and I will be gracing your lovely country with my presence very very soon. So what's good with a fest? I'm not sure if I will have a phone or a computer out there, so I'd like to make plans to figure out how to contact people (pay phones or calling cards or something?) now so we can make sure this happens next week.

Once again, I should be free the 26th and the 27th, tho I do not plan on dedicating both days to smash. It's not everyday I get to spend time in a foreign country, no less play with Smashers from another country! So please lemme know what's going on, I'll make an effort to check this thread more regularly now.

Thanks

Max?

Smash Champion
My family is staying at a hotel in Maida Vale. I'd need someone to host, I don't plan on bringing a cube or anything, and the last thing I'm sure my family wants is some dudes coming to our hotel to play video games LOL.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
haha no thats fine. I'm pretty sure that a fest will happen at some point as most of the smashers in the UK are in London. I might consider coming up too. Remember me from the Doc boards per chance?

Max?

Smash Champion
Definitely dude, I see you're no longer using him. Good life choice lol

But yeah, I'm really looking forward to playing with you guys, Yaneev told me all about playing with everyone.

LGuy

Smash Cadet
maybe I could do something, but I can't warn you more than a day before.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You're in our world now...I know you felt the fear deep within your heart as soon as you stepped on dat British soil.

But nah seriously welcome :) And when are you free to play smash, just wanted to let you know that there's actually a smashfest going on 2moro where Me and Fuzzy will both be there, but let me know if you're available, I know you just got here so not sure if you can play so soon.

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm actually still in the states, my plane leaves tonight. I will not be free until Monday, tho I can play either Monday or Tuesday. Does that work for you guys?

I don't know if I will have access to my phone, but I should have a computer with me. Add me on Facebook if you have it:

http://www.facebook.com/maxisku2

I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on with me once I arrive!

Max?

Smash Champion
I just want to play, I could careless who is there (no offense Fuzzy). My days that are free are out of my control, so it's gotta be Monday or Tuesday. Regardless, looking forward to seeing everyone, I'm leaving for the airport in an hour.

Max?

Smash Champion
So I'm here. Landed around 10am and I've just been hanging out around Maida Vale since then. Any word on next week? I'll be able to check the internet between now and monday, so please keep me posted guys.

j3ly

Smash Champion
I want some american doc

Let's get a bag, set up the recording equipment and show the rest of the world how true kings of the mushroom kingdom roll!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
YESSS, there will be a smashfest this thursday, please tell me you can make that?

It's pretty easy to get to anywhere in London so I will tell you later

Edit - just read this thread and saw you said you can apparently only do it on Monday and Tuesday, hopefully we can set up something then in that time.

:phone:

j3ly

Smash Champion
JD (french falco) is comming to mine 2mo and monday, I normally leave family at about 3/4pm so you could cme down and play with us. You'd need a ride or a cab tho cos no public transport this christmas. Think it's about £15 each way but you can hit my floor and leave with me for work in morning

Also my crew can host a fest at DA's flat in highate on Tuesday if ur on it, JD will have gone back to france by then.. but we can hook up 5 dudes to 2 cubes there

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Jolteon was telling me that JD was down here and apparently that you have been playing LOL.

Why would you have knowledge of any International Smasher staying in the UK and not tell the community, espesh me so I can destroy him lol :ohwell:

And for obvious reason I won't be able to come 2moro, maybe on Monday but I will have to see...aren't there meant to be no trains running on that day?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I am Professor Pro v3.0 after yesterday, I feel no more destruction.

After LGC I was Professor Pro v1.2 (equivalent of GM Jack & Bullet Bill combined) but I super upgraded after yesterday and there are no glitches as they have all been patched.

Jolteon

I will be sure to never purchase a Professor Pro v1.2 if that is the extent of its power.

j3ly

Smash Champion
because he is tesco's mate not some piece of smash meat lol.. besides he knows how to use the internet, if he had more time to hit smash and travel he cuda made a post cudnt he, maybe he will

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL It's not really about being a piece of smash meat or 'he's affilated with my crew and no other', just good to know acknowledge the community when a well known smasher from another country comes to the UK.

As if OTG came like he is and didn't say (and I knew you and others would want to play him) then you would have wanted me to say lol.

Top Bottom