• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi immortalized as a mii costume! Great job everyone!

Sorry, I prefer Medusa. At least she has been in all the games.
Uhhh i dont think she was in of myths and monsters.

Not to mention in uprising she is so unimportant she only really does something noteworthy in 2 chapters.
in the first game the entirety of her character is evil snake lady who fights with an effigy who only shows up at the end unlike say bowser who appears multiple times in smb.

Viridi on the other hand has a lot of character development and last time i checked is more popular than medusa at least in japan.

AND viridi has a greater future, being nearly guaranteed to the hypothetical sequel unlike medusa who's chances are teetering on her being revived AGAIN

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman

Not to mention in uprising she is so unimportant she only really does something noteworthy in 2 chapters.
in the first game the entirety of her character is evil snake lady who fights with an effigy who only shows up at the end unlike say bowser who appears multiple times in smb.

Viridi on the other hand has a lot of character development and last time i checked is more popular than medusa at least in japan.

AND viridi has a greater future, being nearly guaranteed to the hypothetical sequel unlike medusa who's chances are teetering on her being revived AGAIN
Meh. Medusa is better imo. Viridi is second best. But overall Kid Icarus got a lot of repping in Smash so Kid Icarus fan should get mad.

If we do get a new rep, it should be a series that is popular but is under-repped in Smash.

Example:
Donkey Kong (King K. Rool/Dixie Kong)
Wario (Ashley, Mona, Captain Syrup)
Golden Sun (Isaac)
Advance Wars (Andy)

Not to boo on Viridi she's an awesome, funny and unique character but I'd rather see her as an assist.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Meh. Medusa is better imo. Viridi is second best. But overall Kid Icarus got a lot of repping in Smash so Kid Icarus fan should get mad.

If we do get a new rep, it should be a series that is popular but is under-repped in Smash.

Example:
Donkey Kong (King K. Rool/Dixie Kong)
Wario (Ashley, Mona, Captain Syrup)
Golden Sun (Isaac)
Advance Wars (Andy)

Not to boo on Viridi she's an awesome, funny and unique character but I'd rather see her as an assist.
support thread brah

Nah I'm kidding, your opinion's valid. Oni's right, though, Medusa was not in Of Myths and Monsters. Orcos was the bad guy in that. Poor Orcos, nobody will ever remember your name...~

And yeah, as Oni also says, it's not a competition. We're just having fun and lending our support to our favourite characters~

Viridi is actually below certain other Kid Icarus characters in my character wishlist, but I can't deny she's got a good chance of becoming a recurring character~

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly, how can you possibly prefer Medusa over Other KI characters solely because they are recurring?
Because of the glorious sideboob!
Viridi is awesome, but Medusa's recurrency and how she is tied with the heroes is something to take in account.

But I agree, prefering a character solely because he / she is a reccuring character isn't enough to me.

Having both goddesses would be a nice mix of old and new characters. And some rage too, as it would mean 5 KI characters :troll:

D

Deleted member

Nicely done, friend. You've convinced me, so you can count me as a supporter.

Dropkick Laser

Smash Apprentice
Why not. We've got one goddess already, and DLC kind of overrides the over-representation argument. The only thing that bugs me is:
The general consensus is that this is what's going to be used for DLC codecs. Seriously, Palutena?
But yeah. Viridi's master plan to eradicate humanity through smash gets my stamp of approval. Sign me up.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I support Viridi! I actually thought she'd be the 3rd KI rep and not :4darkpit:(:glare:) Well, maybe Smash 5? BTW, what do you think her Palutena's Guidance speech would be like? I couldn't wait to hear how it goes!

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I demand to be on that supporter list oni, Virdi's my most wanted KI rep.

I demand to be on that supporter list oni, Virdi's my most wanted KI rep.
You already were dood. you said you wanted Viridi back on the ridley thread so I added you. that is why you are above the guy above you in this thread :p

this thread needed a bump anyway but I refuse to bump my own thread

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You already were dood. you said you wanted Viridi back on the ridley thread so I added you. that is why you are above the guy above you in this thread :p

this thread needed a bump anyway but I refuse to bump my own thread
O **** I didn't see it.
bumpin' the thread

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
More KI characters are always a good thing @Chandelure :troll:
Especially when it comes to making the Metroid fans cry themselves to sleep about not having that much representation. :laugh: :cry: Damn you Sakuraaaaaaaai!

Viridi gets my vote because we need to see more Viridi x Pit rival Palutena x Pit in the Smash fandom. Plus dem Reset Bombs. <3

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
They are able to make Toon Link playable and a stage character, due to being able to have Alfonzo take over as the engineer in Spirit Train when Toon Link is too busy fighting.

With Viridi as a DLC fighter, we could have:
If playable Viridi is fighting in the Reset Bomb Forest, background Viridi either would say something different like "Hmm, one of those fighers down below looks awfully familiar." and "How could there possibly be two of me?". Either that or Background Viridi does not appear nor would she be heard.
OR...
as a random trick on us,
Alfonzo takes over.

NNID
Majorasmask66

Exactly. While Hades is my most wanted, Viridi would be an awesome addition because she is awesome. Plus I could see alot of cool nature themed attacks with her and I was thinking that the flower status effect could be a part of her gameplay by having special moves that can cause it and maybe smash attacks can cause it too.

Exactly. While Hades is my most wanted, Viridi would be an awesome addition because she is awesome. Plus I could see alot of cool nature themed attacks with her and I was thinking that the flower status effect could be a part of her gameplay by having special moves that can cause it and maybe smash attacks can cause it too.
Viridi is my favorite character but i have to agree that hades is amazing (probably my favorite antagonist ever) almost makes me wish he wasnt blown to less tthan a soul. Almost

"When freaky aliens give you lemons make freaky alien lemonade"

Added

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes count me in for support

gaiz

Viridi's been confirmed as a background character for months now.

Unless I'm mistaken and this is a SSB5 support thread...

And definatly count me in for support

I would love viridi for playable

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
"Wrath of the Reset Bomb" makes sense. It's the theme that plays in her first big chapter in the story, sorta like how Palutena's theme is "The Return of Palutena" and the Reapers' is the retro jingle that plays whenever they see you.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I LOVE VIRIDI, she is my favorite character in Uprising. I'm in! :D

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
I support also she could eaisly be put in a dlc pack with :ivysaur:. And she even has her own stage on the 3ds so things are looking up for her .Only problem is what will happen to my Viridi :4miibrawl:

I support also she could eaisly be put in a dlc pack with :ivysaur:. And she even has her own stage on the 3ds so things are looking up for her .Only problem is what will happen to my Viridi :4miibrawl:
I don't think "having your own stage" counts if you are a part of the stage (see Ridley)
obviously it is not as severe as above and closer (but not equal to) conductor link but the biggest problem is still being a KI character, in a game full of 'em.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think "having your own stage" counts if you are a part of the stage (see Ridley)
obviously it is not as severe as above and closer (but not equal to) conductor link but the biggest problem is still being a KI character, in a game full of 'em.
shes a goddess she can do what she likes

Cool Typhlosion

Smash Apprentice
I don't think "having your own stage" counts if you are a part of the stage
I don't mean it like that. I mean she would have the best home stage possible . Like if porky was in brawl New Pork would be the stage that everyone associates him with . Like paper Mario and the 3ds stage

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
With the tease in Dark Pit's guidance, I hope that Viridi will continue to be a major character in the next KI, if we get one, anyway.

I really like the contrast between Palutena having Pit and Viridi having Pittoo. Maybe that can end up in Smash one day.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I hope one day we'll see Kid Icarus be in the same league as Mario and Pokemon so it has a reason to have 5 characters playable.
All the KI characters are awesome!

One last thing about the victory theme. Viridis normal theme isnt the of the chapter she is named by (lol) but rather of the reset bomb. during the chaos ring that tune plays again for her. So i would assume they would want to use viridis theme like they do for dark pit.

I will probably update op and try to make a sig icon (one for melia as well) this weekend unless i continue to be a lazy bum. . .

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I realised recently that, presuming Kid Icarus carries on into the foreseeable future and Dark Pit becomes a recurring character in Smash, Viridi's got a pretty good chance of appearing as the antagonistic rival to Palutena. She could be to Dark Pit what Palutena is to Pit, which would make for some great canon battles~ :3

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'll support. Viridi really makes me laugh in Uprising AND the Wii U Easter eggs.

But at the same time, I don't necessarily have that gut feeling that she will be in as DLC.

I'll support. Viridi really makes me laugh in Uprising AND the Wii U Easter eggs.

But at the same time, I don't necessarily have that gut feeling that she will be in as DLC.
Yeah i'm pretty sure 4 KI reps would cause rioting on here after how they reacted to dark pit. . .

sakurai bias tho it can happen
added

I realised recently that, presuming Kid Icarus carries on into the foreseeable future and Dark Pit becomes a recurring character in Smash, Viridi's got a pretty good chance of appearing as the antagonistic rival to Palutena. She could be to Dark Pit what Palutena is to Pit, which would make for some great canon battles~ :3
While I would love to see Viridi take center stage I do think having Viridi being an a weird realm of neutrality towards palutena makes sense.
hates humans but still is against evil and all that. plus pit is there too

shame Medusa could have been a perfect foil to palutena but wound up betting very little speech throughout the series (no talking in the original and being barely there in Uprising) other than spewing hatred.

Top Bottom