• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi immortalized as a mii costume! Great job everyone!

4 or even 5 KI characters won't be a bad thing once we get more successful new Kid Icarus games.
We just have to be patient.
for Smash 5 maybe. It might be the pessimism in me telling me I won't get a sequel to my favorite game but I don't see another KI game for this generation. Yeah the Wii u could fit the controls but I doubt there is much interest for a new game after Sakurai kind of said the game was done for now.
Unless Sakurai decides to kill himself by making another game I see Pit going dormant once again. . .

it's like how people say there won't be another smash because sakurai is done but unlike smash there isnt a high likelihood of someone else taking the reigns.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, the beauty of "Sakurai bias" is that we can have fun with the Kid Icarus content in Smash 'til Pit's next endeavour is revealed~ ;3

so OP will get an update tomorrow.

real life and Rayman got in the way.

first time using gimp so it isn't good

now for melia

EDIT new one which is less terrible

Last edited:
god of death not the god of being on time

finally updated op.
grammar got fixed, updated wii U stuff like guidances. added ti "who is Viridi" chapter
properly addressed Medusa and Hades
added to movesets. still think I should work on the home stage though

reminder I fixed this so if anyone saved the old one (I doubt it) this is better

also found a pic accidentally looking for a photo

PS who do YOU think viridi is based on.
just as Magnus is based on Heracles hercules and palutena is based on Apollo god of light Athena Viridi must be based on SOMEONE from greek mythology
some claim Gaia, the titan
some say artemis.

Personally, I believe it is Persephone
the goddess of springtime and queen of the underworld. One of her statements is "It will be the human's winter and MY spring"
A reference to her background and her myth? AKA when she is in the underworld it is fall and WINTER and when she is returned to her mother it becomes SPRING and summer.
also a rivalry with Hades, the one who abducted her, would make a whole lot of sense

PSS my avi is of hades, so it is still Kid Icarus related :p

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I never thought of Viridi as Persephone, but now that you bring it up it makes a lot of sense. I always just thought they'd mixed Gaia and Artemis.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If she's based on anybody, she's based on Demeter, the goddess of nature and the harvest.

I think she's a thematic conflation of the "nature deity" archetype, though, which is one of the most iconic and ubiquitous divine archetypes in the world.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I agree with Wintropy and go with Demeter. Persephone's mom does hate Hades. A lot.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Definitely add me to the supporters, please! While I don't think she's at all likely for this game, I'd still love to see her, but I'll definitely go all out supporting her for the next Smash. She may become my next Vaati, even. :awesome:

Definitely add me to the supporters, please! While I don't think she's at all likely for this game, I'd still love to see her, but I'll definitely go all out supporting her for the next Smash. She may become my next Vaati, even. :awesome:
wow. that would be some real useful support. nearly obssesive
kidding. added

So I don't think I have ever bumped this thread but I feel it at least deserves one.
After that I will let it fade into the void. just like the kid icarus franchise

Anyway, I guess all that is left is to pose a question to anyone who cares.

Who do you want to be the villain/ villains of the next game?
Personally I think the titans would be perfect enemies. Plenty of potential and plenty of reasons for them to be angry at just about anyone.

I also kind of want Chaos (basically created everything) to lead them. Just to tie up the Chaos kin creature. And, more importantly, it would give a reason to fight Viridi. Just after you think Chaos and the titans have been defeated, Viridi turns on you. After fighting her it's a final battle with a possessed viridi surrounded with nature, vines and the like into a giant with power never seen before.

And thus the Viridi thread dies

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In my headcanon, Cronos is the primordial deity of destruction that was sealed away in a war between the gods, waiting for the day when he will be released and consume everything.

In that same headcanon, Hades has a daughter, Persephone, a ****** twin-tailed primadonna who speaks like a high school girl and fights like a sociopath, and Hades's spirit lives on and tells her to find Cronos's seal and release him for the lulz. :3

In my headcanon, Cronos is the primordial deity of destruction that was sealed away in a war between the gods, waiting for the day when he will be released and consume everything.

In that same headcanon, Hades has a daughter, Persephone, a *****y twin-tailed primadonna who speaks like a high school girl and fights like a sociopath, and Hades's spirit lives on and tells her to find Cronos's seal and release him for the lulz. :3
. . . First off incest joke goes here. . .
Second that sounds like amazon pandora a little.
so persophone is the next medusa. replaced by a bigger bad

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
. . . First off incest joke goes here. . .
Second that sounds like amazon pandora a little.
so persophone is the next medusa. replaced by a bigger bad
Like the series hasn't taken creative liberties with the mythology before~

And that comparison has been made before. Whereas Amazon Pandora is a sultry diva with a massive ego and massive...qualities, Persephone would be more like the Valley Girl from hell. She'd speak like a really bratty teenage girl that never left high school and throw a temper tantrum every time something goes wrong for her, at which point she'd be consoled by daddy and she'd make up for it by burning a few countries to the ground.

They'd be a nice family, they'd really do anything for eachother~

Last edited:
Like the series hasn't taken creative liberties with the mythology before~

And that comparison has been made before. Whereas Amazon Pandora is a sultry diva with a massive ego and massive...qualities, Persephone would be more like the Valley Girl from hell. She'd speak like a really bratty teenage girl that never left high school and throw a temper tantrum every time something goes wrong for her, at which point she'd be consoled by daddy and she'd make up for it by burning a few countries to the ground.

They'd be a nice family, they'd really do anything for eachother~
So about your little headcanon

Im assuming viridi is in the side of light

Does medusa get revived again :troll:

Does cronos betray persophone or what? I doubt it would be mutual.

Who is the mother. Or is this some athena popping out of his head deal?

Which of the two is more powerful

Does pyrhon have any role in this

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So about your little headcanon

Im assuming viridi is in the side of light
Grudgingly, yes.

Does medusa get revived again :troll:
Yes, she is also an ally out of a shared hatred of Hades.

Does cronos betray persophone or what? I doubt it would be mutual.
Yes, since he's a mad god that only cares about consuming the universe.

Who is the mother. Or is this some athena popping out of his head deal?
It's played for laughs, since it's suggested to be one of Hades's one-night stands, and he doesn't care enough to recall.

Which of the two is more powerful
Out of Hades and Persephone, you mean? Hades by far, Persephone is just mooching off of his power and the forces of the Underworld Army.

If you mean Hades and Cronos, Cronos is, since his very existence threatens all of reality.

Does pyrhon have any role in this
Pyrrhon always has a role to play, dearest citizens!

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

Personally, I'd like to see Hades get revived somehow. Maybe have an under-looked minion survive the events of the past game, and be the main villain for the first portion of the game, throw Viridi as a villain for a part of the game, and then after Viridi is defeated, Hades is revived and Palutena and Viridi join forces against the underling and Hades.

As for who the underling will be, that's up to you guys, as I know next to nothing when it comes to mythology.

Another option could be to somehow make Zeus the main villain.

Personally, I'd like to see Hades get revived somehow. Maybe have an under-looked minion survive the events of the past game, and be the main villain for the first portion of the game, throw Viridi as a villain for a part of the game, and then after Viridi is defeated, Hades is revived and Palutena and Viridi join forces against the underling and Hades.

As for who the underling will be, that's up to you guys, as I know next to nothing when it comes to mythology.

Another option could be to somehow make Zeus the main villain.
Hmmm. A temporary villain. How about
Cmon he would be great! Shapeshifting, magic. It would be hamazing.

Alternatively orcos could return.

As for zeus it would be nice for him to get retconned out of his oh so minor and weird role.

Autumn ♫

Hmmm. A temporary villain. How about
Cmon he would be great! Shapeshifting, magic. It would be hamazing.

Alternatively orcos could return.

As for zeus it would be nice for him to get retconned out of his oh so minor and weird role.
I was actually thinking of him, but I couldn't remember if he was killed or not.

Naturu

Smash Rookie
NNID
NaturuNinten
3DS FC
0877-2961-1868
Wow, looks like there was a lot of thought put into this moveset and character beyond just the moves. I am genuinely interested to see this character be put in smash 4 in the future, even though I have never played Uprising. Who knows, it's a possibility.

Unfortunately, if there was ever a "leak" of this character I would set it aside as fake, thanks to the Rayman "leak".

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Uprising is my all time favorite game, so I'd definitely like for Viridi to be a character. Add me to the supporters list!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think it's clear that she is not the goddess I want, but I may throw in a vote sometime, JUST to add some Kid Icarus popularity so people can complain for more Sakurai Bias :awesome:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I stand by my assertion that, if an Uprising sequel happens and Virid's in it, she'd be a strong contender for next Smash.

She's pretty much the fourth main character at this stage.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Add me to supporters list!

I'd like all three in Smash, but if I had to choose the order.... Medusa, Viridi, Hades.

Also, why only 3 pages of replies?! :(
Sad, and most importantly worrying.:urg:
Sorry, I prefer Medusa. At least she has been in all the games.
2 of 3. Wasn't in Of Myths and Monsters.

Last edited:
I stand by my assertion that, if an Uprising sequel happens and Virid's in it, she'd be a strong contender for next Smash.

She's pretty much the fourth main character at this stage.
Seriously. if Uprisng 2 gets announced at e3 (pipe dream to the highest level) and Viridi is in it, this thread will probably explode lol. Man I would love that.
Add me to supporters list!

Also, why only 3 pages of replies?! :(
Sad, and most importantly worrying.:urg:

2 of 3. Wasn't in Of Myths and Monsters.
I blame the fact I dont really bump. Maybe if I ever finish that moveset ill do it again but I would rather not look desperate. most of the people on these boards are full on medusa fans though

Also I had an idea a while ago. In one stage yuo play as palutena in the air and Viridi on the ground. Palutena uses those wings she has as well as basically firing like with autoreticle

on the ground viridi would just use her scythe or something. A nice little way to make them playable in game.

I also though of like 3 potential plots for sequesl. I really need a sequel.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Seriously. if Uprisng 2 gets announced at e3 (pipe dream to the highest level) and Viridi is in it, this thread will probably explode lol. Man I would love that.
You and me both, man. You and me both.

Also I had an idea a while ago. In one stage yuo play as palutena in the air and Viridi on the ground. Palutena uses those wings she has as well as basically firing like with autoreticle

on the ground viridi would just use her scythe or something. A nice little way to make them playable in game.

I like the idea of playing as the goddesses, yeah. I can see Palutena being a graceful yet deadly fighter, flying about and releasing heavenly light to smite the unrighteous, while Viridi would be much more savage and brutal, carving up enemies with her scythe and dropping Reset Bombs onto the battlefield. Would be so hype. <3

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Sorry, I prefer Medusa. At least she has been in all the games.
2 of 3.

I blame the fact I dont really bump. Maybe if I ever finish that moveset ill do it again but I would rather not look desperate. most of the people on these boards are full on medusa fans though

I need a sequal as well! Kid Icarus Uprising is one of most favourite games of all time!

And only very very amazing and very very special games go on that list, so there's only about 8 on there so far - not even Smash U is on there.

With Viridi, it would be cool if one of her projectiles included Army of Nature enemies!!! In my eyes, she should be slightly stronger with A attacks than Palutena, but also be shorter than her and imo more of a melee fighter.

2 of 3.

I need a sequal as well! Kid Icarus Uprising is one of most favourite games of all time!

And only very very amazing and very very special games go on that list, so there's only about 8 on there so far - not even Smash U is on there.

With Viridi, it would be cool if one of her projectiles included Army of Nature enemies!!! In my eyes, she should be slightly stronger with A attacks than Palutena, but also be shorter than her and imo more of a melee fighter.
I imagine this as well. A magic staff is a little less. . .up close and personal than a scythe big ass scythe.
I mean she still has projectiles in my head but who cares.

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
I support Viridi. I haven't decided if I'll vote for her on the smash pallet though

Rakath

Smash Ace
I could get behind Viridi being the proper weapon representative for KI:U. Pit and Pittoo are too locked into Bows with single moves for Arm and Orbitar respectively. Palutena represents Powers from KI:U, so giving Viridi a selection of weapons to shift between (primary in Palm and Claw due to those being her's, with her possibly accessing Crag, Arlon, and Phos weapons) would better represent the new direction of the series mechanically.

I'm thinking something like Robin switching from Bronze to Levin Sword. Tilts and Tilted Airs are Viridi Palm (range > power), and Smashes Smashed Airs are Viridi Claws (power > range). With a few moves using Crag Cannon or Arlon Orbitars (because we have enough bows, as much as I love Phos Bow). Of course Viridi does not need the tattoo of herself on her arm like Viridi Palm usually, has, so her arm can just be wreathed in flower petals.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Unfortunately I feel like adding more KIU content to Smash is just adding more fuel to the fire. I love Uprising, it's my favorite game on 3DS, but I can't help but feel ever since the large amount of exposure it got in Smash 4, there's been a lot of bitter dislike and hatred surrounding it.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Unfortunately I feel like adding more KIU content to Smash is just adding more fuel to the fire. I love Uprising, it's my favorite game on 3DS, but I can't help but feel ever since the large amount of exposure it got in Smash 4, there's been a lot of bitter dislike and hatred surrounding it.
More fool them, then.

Ironic that bias is being used to confront bias, eh? ;P

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I realized that i support madusa and hades but somehow over looked my favorite character from the game.Add me to the support list

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So as a Viridi supporter, curiosity got the better of me to see why this thread was unlocked...

...Apparently this is a different thread altogether. Huh.

I do agree that the Cardboard Cutout of her doesn't affect her chances, as she can clearly communicate like that while still being present to fight like Palutena.

I was trying to say that way back when the Reset Bomb forest stage was revealed, but oh well.

Anyway, yeah I do support but I do very much doubt her.

Also, I'm completely fine with Reset bomb forest as a stage. In fact, it's my favorite on the 3ds.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
oni33 would you pretty please add me to the support list? I've already voted for Viridi on the Smash ballot like, 20 times! :rotfl:

ALSO can I add a link to this thread in my signature pretty please again? :3

It took me a long time to find a Viridi support thread, and I'm wondering how many others are having the same trouble...
Smashboards doesnt seem to have a search threads feature anymore unless I'm just being stupid here ^^'

Last edited:
oni33 would you pretty please add me to the support list? I've already voted for Viridi on the Smash ballot like, 20 times! :rotfl:

ALSO can I add a link to this thread in my signature pretty please again? :3

It took me a long time to find a Viridi support thread, and I'm wondering how many others are having the same trouble...
Smashboards doesnt seem to have a search threads feature anymore unless I'm just being stupid here ^^'
added.

we now have 30. neat

and go ahead. although using one of N3on's support things is probably better than the one I made but if you prefer the old look go ahead.

search bar is top right. if on mobile the magnifying glass may be obscured by the smashboards logo but it is there.

I meant to update OP like a 2 weeks ago but life has been obnoxious so it has been put off. oh well

Top Bottom