• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridi immortalized as a mii costume! Great job everyone!

ViridianViridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
UseFieryDance
3DS FC
2277-6687-2973
Oh? Since when Dark Pit have a green hair outfit? :p There's no Hades outfit, either on Palutena or Dark Pit.
The Dark Dark Pit really lacks the purple color that defines hades.
Good point. I'm very disappointed with Pittoo's pallets. Only one I really like is white.

Let it be known that, on May 10th 2015, Viridi appeared in a fake leak!

Japan #10
Smash Poll Early Results:

Japan:

1st: Inkling Girl/Boy
2nd: Krystal
3rd: Wolf
4th: Isaac
5th: Keita Amano
6th: Masked Man
7th: Ice Climbers
8th: Ivysaur
9th: Wonder-Red
10th: Viridi :colorful:
11th: Snake
12th: King K. Rool
13th: Midna
14th: Ryu
15th: Amaterasu
16th: Squirtle
17th: Impa
18th: Toon Zelda
19th: Pichu
20th: Bayonetta

Americas:

1st: King K. Rool
2nd: Snake
3rd: Wolf
4th: Paper Mario
5th: Ridley (what the hell, are you serious)
6th: Isaac
7th: Tails
8th: Shadow
9th: Young Link
10th: Shovel Knight
11th: Pichu
12th: Ghirahim
13th: Chrom
14th: Krystal
15th: Quote
16th: Simon Belmont
17th: Ryu
18th: Shantae
19th: Chorus Men
20th: Phoenix Wright
moving up in the world :awesome:

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Let it be known that, on May 10th 2015, Viridi appeared in a fake leak!

Japan #10

moving up in the world :awesome:
... Daisy should have been in it. I mean, yeah, I want Viridi, but the lack of Princess Daisy and Prince Fluff in that list is just... sad.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I mean its a fake leak so.

I mean the guy forgot Roy who is probably top 5 in japan lol
If it's fake, I don't think we can believe it. (It IS surprising that, even with all her number of fans she has, Daisy isn't even in the Top 50 most voted in either one, yet Viridi, who's slightly less popular, is 10th in Japan).

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I don't really see Viridi being a Palutena clone at all. Especially when he has a load of moveset potential that comes from her being a Goddess of Nature, she has a similar amount of potential to Isaac IMO.

Last edited:
I don't really see Viridi being a Palutena clone at all. Especially when he has a load of moveset potential that comes from her being a Goddess of Nature, she has a similar amount of potential to Isaac IMO.
Why bring that up so suddenly?

Im not saying it SHOULD happen but that it is possible. She has the powers and the staff like object. Im not sure if I would be ok with it but it isnt hilariously far fetched.

Of course she has plenty and plenty of moveset potential from conveniently being MIA all game. I still wonder who was supposed to win that fight between her and hades and by how much. . .

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
She actually has a lot more of potential than just that. She would easily represent the only faction that was a bit confused because it was already having hate towards both of the two other factions (Palutena's Army and Hell, respectively).

Troykv

Smash Master
Ivysaur, Isaac and Viridi are the possible "grass type" attack xD

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Removed the comment, it was too offensive for surname preferring people.

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Ivysaur, Isaac and Viridi are the possible "grass type" attack xD
I can see why Ivysaur and Viridi would be using grass type attacks, but Isaac? (Please note that I'm not really against him, but that I just don't know how he would use grass type attacks. I'm only asking)

I can see why Ivysaur and Viridi would be using grass type attacks, but Isaac? (Please note that I'm not really against him, but that I just don't know how he would use grass type attacks. I'm only asking)
Isaac is a Venus adept. Meaning he can use earth style abilities including summoning vines like this

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Viridi has got so much potential and that's because she does nothing in the actual game.

To reiterate what I've said before on this very topic, all we know is that she's extremely powerful and governs all of frickin' Nature, and that she's got a big honking scythe and Reset Bombs capable of reducing the entire planet to a tangled mass of vines and thorns in a matter of seconds. Tell me that wouldn't translate into an interesting moveset.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Viridi has got so much potential and that's because she does nothing in the actual game.

To reiterate what I've said before on this very topic, all we know is that she's extremely powerful and governs all of frickin' Nature, and that she's got a big honking scythe and Reset Bombs capable of reducing the entire planet to a tangled mass of vines and thorns in a matter of seconds. Tell me that wouldn't translate into an interesting moveset.
Actually, good fans of the series could easily come up with a moveset with JUST what you've said (Reset Bombs could easily be a final smash, for example).

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Actually, good fans of the series could easily come up with a moveset with JUST what you've said (Reset Bombs could easily be a final smash, for example).
The moveset I wrote up (which is in the OP if you're interested) is almost entirely fabricated from what I think could work - the only canon elements are a few of the standard attacks and the Final Smash.

There's so much room for creativity there. It'd be a shame if Sakurai never realises it.

I have like 4 moves of a moveset started for her but i havent even finished making one for wonder red (missing a tilt and a throw or something )

But there is more than enough to work with whether you are a moveset purist (only what is canon/logical) or like to make them special.

The scythe and nature powers are enough for purists and the claws and palm are enough for people like me

And maybe using moves from the forces of nature like a nutski shot or something but thats a bit of a stretch.

OR IS IT? We dont know because we havent seen it and thats just part of the fun.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
I have like 4 moves of a moveset started for her but i havent even finished making one for wonder red (missing a tilt and a throw or something )

But there is more than enough to work with whether you are a moveset purist (only what is canon/logical) or like to make them special.

The scythe and nature powers are enough for purists and the claws and palm are enough for people like me

And maybe using moves from the forces of nature like a nutski shot or something but thats a bit of a stretch.

OR IS IT? We dont know because we havent seen it and thats just part of the fun.
Two words: Sakurai's bias.

So viridi is almost ready to be rated on the Rate Their Chances thread. . .
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-53-dark-samus.398604/

about 4 or 5 more days. I hope any supporters would lend a hand and making sure her want score isnt super low. And try not to be biased on the chance score. I know 'reps' and sakurai bias will destroy her but oh well.

Ill do my best to make her sound appealing. as for that moveset it still has no progress. The wonder red one isnt even finished and it isnt because im being super thorough. im just forgetful :laugh:

Surprisingly ive actually seen Viridi pop up once or twice when people talk about voting. (more than hades and medusa at least)
for instance here is a very old statistic of japanese twitter posts involving smash votes
  • 133 votes Roy (FE)
  • 87 votes Wolf
  • 82 votes Bandana Waddle Dee (47 Bandana Dee + 35 Waddle Dee)
  • 53 votes Snake
  • 46 votes Inkling
  • 45 votes Geno
  • 37 votes Ice Climbers
  • 34 votes Sukapon
  • 33 votes Chrom (FE)
  • 32 votes Banjo Kazooie
  • 30 votes King K. Rool
  • 26 votes Viridi
  • 23 votes Dixie
  • 21 votes Magolor
  • 20 votes Paper Mario
  • 19 votes Child Link
  • 18 votes Krystal
  • 17 votes Goemon, Chibi-Robo, Ray MKII
  • 16 votes Isaac
  • 15 votes Bayonetta
  • 14 votes Daisy, Black Shadow
  • 13 votes Ashley
  • 12 votes Toon Ganondorf
  • 11 votes Pichu
  • 10 votes DeMille (from Tomato Adventure)
Id like to point out this is a single case and not a good representation of hre support (as this thread's activity show) but it is at least nice to see. Especially when her appearance in the guidances will boost her popularity a little.

If you ARE a supporter I would like to remind you this is a bit of a game of edurance but also not just a pure vote. It is also a suggestion box and one good description may be all that is needed to put a character over the edge. So vote well for whoever you may be support and dont stop voting because then the truly ambitious will use times like now where no one is voting to get their character in. Steady vote flow is more important than one or two bursts *cough* shovel knight *cough*

TLDR help me make Viridi not hated on the RTC

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
http://smashboards.com/threads/rate-their-chances-the-dlc-edition-day-53-dark-samus.398604/

about 4 or 5 more days. I hope any supporters would lend a hand and making sure her want score isnt super low. And try not to be biased on the chance score. I know 'reps' and sakurai bias will destroy her but oh well.

Ill do my best to make her sound appealing. as for that moveset it still has no progress. The wonder red one isnt even finished and it isnt because im being super thorough. im just forgetful :laugh:

Surprisingly ive actually seen Viridi pop up once or twice when people talk about voting. (more than hades and medusa at least)
for instance here is a very old statistic of japanese twitter posts involving smash votes
  • 133 votes Roy (FE)
  • 87 votes Wolf
  • 53 votes Snake
  • 46 votes Inkling
  • 45 votes Geno
  • 37 votes Ice Climbers
  • 34 votes Sukapon
  • 33 votes Chrom (FE)
  • 32 votes Banjo Kazooie
  • 30 votes King K. Rool
  • 26 votes Viridi
  • 23 votes Dixie
  • 21 votes Magolor
  • 20 votes Paper Mario
  • 19 votes Child Link
  • 18 votes Krystal
  • 16 votes Isaac
  • 15 votes Bayonetta
  • 13 votes Ashley
  • 11 votes Pichu
Id like to point out this is a single case and not a good representation of hre support (as this thread's activity show) but it is at least nice to see. Especially when her appearance in the guidances will boost her popularity a little.

If you ARE a supporter I would like to remind you this is a bit of a game of edurance but also not just a pure vote. It is also a suggestion box and one good description may be all that is needed to put a character over the edge. So vote well for whoever you may be support and dont stop voting because then the truly ambitious will use times like now where no one is voting to get their character in. Steady vote flow is more important than one or two bursts *cough* shovel knight *cough*

Okay, I don't think is impossible put other Kid Icarus/Palutena's Mirror Character.

Only... Look at me! I'm a Micaiah supporter and she is from a "overrepresented" series with 3 Confirmed Characters (Marth, Ike, Robin), 1 Leaked (Roy) and a filler (Lucina) that is smaller than "deserved ones" like Metroid, DK, (and possible Zelda).

I don't have any problem with KI with other char... I'm actually interested in see a Viridi or Medusa.

Okay, I don't think is impossible put other Kid Icarus/Palutena's Mirror Character.

Only... Look at me! I'm a Micaiah supporter and she is from a "overrepresented" series with 3 Confirmed Characters (Marth, Ike, Robin), 1 Leaked (Roy) and a filler (Lucina) that is smaller than "deserved ones" like Metroid, DK, (and possible Zelda).

I don't have any problem with KI with other char... I'm actually interested in see a Viridi or Medusa.
Preaching to the choir. Im one of the biggest haters of "reps" ever. I still want lyndis and roy regardless of how many fe characters there are.

Is it possible to get a kid icarus character? Yes.
is it likely? No. None of them have ballot support and i dont see anyone else making a KI game but sakurai. Who is also making smash dlc. A bit of a conflict of interests.

Troykv

Smash Master
Preaching to the choir. Im one of the biggest haters of "reps" ever. I still want lyndis and roy regardless of how many fe characters there are.

Is it possible to get a kid icarus character? Yes.
is it likely? No. None of them have ballot support and i dont see anyone else making a KI game but sakurai. Who is also making smash dlc. A bit of a conflict of interests.
Don't you care about "reps" argument? Yay! We are two now *brofist*

:happysheep:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm also not a fan of the "Rep" thing. This applies for for both Kid Icarus or Mario.
Also, both got some flak from clones. Bonuses. It's only a matter of character selection screen, as the Koopalings are fine in the mind of people.

But why would we restrain from using the potential of characters? Or items? Look at the Kid Icarus items!

Personally, besides Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, 3 reps per series when it's possible is the way to go. Obviously, we can't do that for every series at once, but many have potential for original, faithful characters. And Kid Icarus is a perfect fit IMO. And if we can do more, like Fire Emblem...

Of course, now, I'm more for the boobie goddess than the loli goddess :awesome: But I also think that, about the ballot, votes for a serie help getting a DLC newcomer.
So no matter if it's Medusa, Viridi ou Hades, votes for Kid Icarus characters just shows the popularity of the serie, and that people want more in smash!

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

• 133 votes Roy (FE)
  • 87 votes Wolf
  • 53 votes Snake
  • 46 votes Inkling
  • 45 votes Geno
  • 37 votes Ice Climbers
  • 34 votes Sukapon
  • 33 votes Chrom (FE)
  • 32 votes Banjo Kazooie
  • 30 votes King K. Rool
  • 26 votes Viridi
  • 23 votes Dixie
  • 21 votes Magolor
  • 20 votes Paper Mario
  • 19 votes Child Link
  • 18 votes Krystal
  • 16 votes Isaac
  • 15 votes Bayonetta
  • 13 votes Ashley
  • 11 votes Pichu

Good thing I'm back now, so I can help with the RTC. Also, both Daisy, Pichu AND Krystal UNDER Viridi?! ... wow.

Also I hate the whole "too many reps" argument! (This applies to many series, like Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, and KI, but not DK because I FRIGGIN' HATE THE PEOPLE WHO THINKS DK IS AN IMPORTANT SERIES! ANY OF THE MAIN SERIES IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DK SERIES!)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Good thing I'm back now, so I can help with the RTC. Also, both Daisy, Pichu AND Krystal UNDER Viridi?! ... wow.

Also I hate the whole "too many reps" argument! (This applies to many series, like Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, and KI, but not DK because I FRIGGIN' HATE THE PEOPLE WHO THINKS DK IS AN IMPORTANT SERIES! ANY OF THE MAIN SERIES IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DK SERIES!)
About DK, it really lacks content (and I don't care at all about DK). But many people thinks "Playable character only", and that's where it's wrong.
To compare, Metroid is well represented through the Assist trophies, and Ridley as a boss. DK, on the other hand... have a spring and a hammer.
I don't mind a DK character, but seriously, they need to start giving him assist. Wario have two of them after all.

Troykv

Smash Master

Is a sales thing, some DK Games sell MORE than small series in all their life.

DK needs AT... Without that DK feels inferior than smaller series

Last edited:
Calling kid icarus important and dk completely unimportant is. . . Ignorant at best.

What is it like. . .6th highest seller for nintendo?

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987

It's still a sub-series (not a main series like Metroid, Zelda or KI), so OF COURSE IT DOESN'T NEED MORE PLAYABLE REPS! (Heck! Wario's got two ATs, but DK's got two PLAYABLES characters! ... A DK AT wouldn't be bad, though)

See above. (also, "some")

Calling kid icarus important and dk completely unimportant is. . . Ignorant at best.

What is it like. . .6th highest seller for nintendo?
Again, KI is not a sub-series, unlike DK, so... shouldn't KI be prioritized over DK, because of uniqueness? .. If yes, then what I'm saying isn't biased.

Last edited:
It's still a sub-series (not a main series like Metroid, Zelda or KI), so OF COURSE IT DOESN'T NEED MORE PLAYABLE REPS! (Heck! Wario's got two ATs, but DK's got two PLAYABLES characters! ... A DK AT wouldn't be bad, though)

See above. (also, "some")

Again, KI is not a sub-series, unlike DK, so... shouldn't KI be prioritized over DK, because of uniqueness? .. If yes, then what I'm saying isn't biased.
DK is its own series with its own characters as its own full IP. It has sold more than enough to warrant more because its one of nintendo's top series. KI is a c tier franchise at best right now. DK is like an A-

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
DK is its own series with its own characters as its own full IP. It has sold more than enough to warrant more because its one of nintendo's top series. KI is a c tier franchise at best right now. DK is like an A-
Again, DK's first appearance is a MARIO game! (thus meaning that the DK series are a sub-series, even with brand new characters added to it, and even with the fact that most of their characters debuted in it!)... And DK appeared on the Mario spin-offs (such as the very first "Mario Kart" games, with the first on the SNES) as a Mario character (Donkey Kong Country didn't exist at the time of the first Mario Kart, since his character design in the first Mario Kart isn't his character design from the first Donkey Kong Country).

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Donkey Kong is a sub-series?

Whaaaa?

Donkey Kong is very much its own series. It has never been a part of the Super Mario series, nor has it ever been a spinoff. Mario and DK as character may have first appeared in the same game, but do recall the name of that game; not to mention the fact that, as far as Smash is concerned, that game is a Donkey Kong game and not a Super Mario game. If anything, Super Mario is a spinoff of Donkey Kong.

The two characters may appear in various Super Mario spinoffs, but that does not mean they are the same series. DK as a character never appeared in any of the big Super Mario spinoffs until he'd already established himself as a separate entity in Donkey Kong Country.

That's not even getting into the fact that it's an extremely high-selling, iconic vidya series with a lot of dedicated fans and a magnanimous ensemble of impressive and memorable characters. There's no reason it shouldn't be more prevalent in Smash.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wario is technically more a Mario character than DK, as WarioLand is Super Mario Land 3.

But WarioLand doesn't exist in Smash anyway

That's didn't stopped him to have 4 characters from Warioware, if we coun't TA. Plus 5-Volt as a stage hazard. So DK needs other characters, besides the simple trophies.

Rambi makes a perfect AT for example.

NNID
Majorasmask66
So Viridi will get voted on in two days. Sweet! Now I will be pushing for Medusa and Hades to get voted on. I was wondering if anyone wanted to help push those characters.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Guys, seriously! It's obvious, yet you are rejecting it?!

DK's first appearance was Mario's, and this first appearance is also considered a Mario game (despite having it's only original character appearing as a trophy from the DK series, for the sake of arcade nostalgia).

... ATs are fine, though, I completely agree DK lacks ATs (but it still has more stages than Wario and more playable characters than either Wario or Yoshi)

Last edited:

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
No, it's not obvious. It is, in fact, absolutely and factually incorrect.
I don't see how, because technically, the most popular out of the two characters that starred in that game is Mario, so it's pretty normal the game would be considered part of his universe (and since DK's in it, the DK series is actually part of the Mario universe).
Also, one of Snake's codec calls described the first DK game (which is also the first Mario game) like this:
(Snake is in front of DK) Colonel: "The DK that Mario fought was this guy's grandfather"
(Thus meaning that they do coexist in the same universe, and to an extend that the DK series is a sub-series of the Mario series)

Top Bottom