• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah had Namco been the one deciding on the characters I guess. But I think the roster is mostly up to Sakurai. It would be nice though if Intelligent Systems suggested him to include Anna as a playable character though. But I think they would likely rather have Chrom. Ah well...

Oh and thanks. ^_^

Edit: Oh we are on the next page now... Oh well, for those who were interested. I've made the Anna fan art finally. But I think I might want to have a second attempt on her. Not sure when though. ^^;

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Pick an Anna and Pray.

I don't want to sound like a hater but I really hope he doesn't add Chrom :( that will just fuel the pattern makers forever.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pick an Anna and Pray.

I don't want to sound like a hater but I really hope he doesn't add Chrom :( that will just fuel the pattern makers forever.

Yeah I suppose so, even though we got TP Link instead of SS Link and Starfox Command design of Fox and not his Starfox 64 3D design so that should have killed the recency argument a little but oh well...

I honestly want Anna over any other FE choice.

Same here actually. along with Lyn, but I want Anna more.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Me too she is my favorite character she is really funny and random too. I like funny characters probably why I liked Hades and Palutena so much too.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I like funny characters too. Anna's plucky personality is part of why I'm such a huge fan of her. I usually tend to like characters like her since I enjoy that personality trait. It would be so amazing if she made it into Smash Bros. She would definitely end up being one of my most played characters in smash. :)

And yeah, Hades and Palutena were both great in Uprising. ^_^

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I'm glad she got much exposure in the DLC chapters her personality was already awesome but that just made her even cooler in my eyes. I like to imagine that if she made it in she would have trolltastic events with Wario and Marth.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
True, she did get quite a lot of attention in the DLC chapters. That should hopefully count for something... Boy would it be great if Anna made it in.

Even if its not her time yet. If Intelligent Systems keeps up expanding on her role like they did for her in Awakening she could have the potential of becoming a very popular character for the Fire Emblem series and maybe even gain more requests to join the Smash Bros series.

Even if she doesn't make it into this smash game, we should at least hope that she continues to get (playable) roles in future Fire Emblem games like she did in Awakening.

I can definitely imagine some funny events with the likes of Wario and Marth too, yes. :p

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I will support her character I hope she gets more fun appearances throughout the future Fire Emblem games. I feel the chances for that are high. She sort of always had her roles increased throughout the series, now is her highest point they could easily continue that. I would love that too. I hope she can at least make an appearance in this game and maybe have some funny dialog or a funny assist trophy.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah lets see what happens. I hope she shows up in some way at least. Even if she becomes an assist trophy (As much of a bummer that would be).
I hope IS at least thought about suggesting her along with Chrom if he has to be suggested if Sakurai asked for advice again in terms of another Fire Emblem rep....

loganhogan

Smash Ace

Let's say if she was in this game do you think she would become one of the more popular characters, in between, or one of the least?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Let's say if she was in this game do you think she would become one of the more popular characters, in between, or one of the least?
Haha I was planning to have that image as my avatar at some point. :p

Well she looks like she could be quite the agile and strong fighter and I've noticed that those types of characters tend to be quite popular (unless their Meta Knight) so I think she can end up being pretty popular yes. Plus her personality is fun fun. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Okay I've made some fan art of Anna. I don't really like how her face turned out but I guess I'll let you guys be the judge of that...

To be honest, I kinda prefer how my sketch turned out better than when I started underlining it and all but oh well... Maybe I overshaded it too? Tried to aim for a new art style....

Well I hope you enjoy I guess.... ^^: Feel free to criticize it and all.
Glorious, the only things that stand out right away for me in the way of criticism is the jaw and chin, both of her designs have a sharper chin and more angular jaw. But the mouth is good where it is, low, the nose should be lower to be more in line with the Awakening design, but raise up the mouth and thin out the jaw/make it more angular for the classic design of her face. It's one of the things I thought was coolest about her art, it differentiated her from the others and the classic anime design, her smile, it's more straight and no exaggerated impossible smiles, but still very well conveys the emotion more than others, though the up turn on the smirk is great. The eyes really play into her smirk, and you got that personality down fine, but the nose also plays into it, and right now it feels off, as well the eyebrows make her facial expression pop, and the difference that changes the tone here is inconsistent with her non-fan-art designs, the eyebrows are generally more level, and are covered in part behind her hair in the center. Along with her jaw and chin's angularity is also her ear, the ear as of now looks very removed from both of her designs, which tilt it more in line, more ovular, natural ear shape, angled. Her figure, err, uh, being a guy, I feel like some people would judge me for noticing these things. . . :b:. There seem to be some magical, like, piece of a cardboard triangle she put it and rounded the edges on, it's. . . Hmm. How to explain it? Her upper torso flows too evenly, unnaturally, into her waist, while I am not saying the breasts need to be more visible (they aren't moreso in the canon design, or some odd way as large), I am saying there is no distinction between the breasts and the torso, it's just one amalgamation at this point, this may be compounded by the fact that her shoulders aren't as tell-tale, though they are covered in her other arts, much in the same way as the breasts they are clearly discernible from the whole of the torso and clothing.

Overall it works because you made the theme rounder, softer, but some of the sharpness and consistency of Anna and FE design in general that I love is lost here, but something else, different and not as powerful maybe, is added.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Glorious, the only things that stand out right away for me in the way of criticism is the jaw and chin, both of her designs have a sharper chin and more angular jaw. But the mouth is good where it is, low, the nose should be lower to be more in line with the Awakening design, but raise up the mouth and thin out the jaw/make it more angular for the classic design of her face. It's one of the things I thought was coolest about her art, it differentiated her from the others and the classic anime design, her smile, it's more straight and no exaggerated impossible smiles, but still very well conveys the emotion more than others, though the up turn on the smirk is great. The eyes really play into her smirk, and you got that personality down fine, but the nose also plays into it, and right now it feels off, as well the eyebrows make her facial expression pop, and the difference that changes the tone here is inconsistent with her non-fan-art designs, the eyebrows are generally more level, and are covered in part behind her hair in the center. Along with her jaw and chin's angularity is also her ear, the ear as of now looks very removed from both of her designs, which tilt it more in line, more ovular, natural ear shape, angled. Her figure, err, uh, being a guy, I feel like some people would judge me for noticing these things. . . :b:. There seem to be some magical, like, piece of a cardboard triangle she put it and rounded the edges on, it's. . . Hmm. How to explain it? Her upper torso flows too evenly, unnaturally, into her waist, while I am not saying the breasts need to be more visible (they aren't moreso in the canon design, or some odd way as large), I am saying there is no distinction between the breasts and the torso, it's just one amalgamation at this point, this may be compounded by the fact that her shoulders aren't as tell-tale, though they are covered in her other arts, much in the same way as the breasts they are clearly discernible from the whole of the torso and clothing.

Overall it works because you made the theme rounder, softer, but some of the sharpness and consistency of Anna and FE design in general that I love is lost here, but something else, different and not as powerful maybe, is added.

Thank you for the constructive critisism MonK4, I really appreciate that! ^_^

Yeah I for one went for a more rounder and softer design because frankly that's what I'm currently able to do as I'm not very used to Paint Tool SAI yet in order to find a better way to make the edges sharper. Yeah the nose does indeed look a bit off, to be honest I think her entire face was poorly done. I think Anna's face looked a bit better in my sketch if you would like to see that.

Sorry for the low quality I drew this on an A3 paper and my scanner can only take in A4 or smaller so I had to take a photo instead. ^^;

Yeah I've done a pretty poor job on her torso as well, probably because I couldn't really agree on myself where to place her right arm and all. I'll see if I can improve on this in the future. Again, thanks for the constructive criticism I'll try and keep it in mind for future references. ^_^

Maybe it could have also helped me a little if I could find a good reference of Anna because I couldn't really find a good one so I was mostly left confused in some parts... ^^;

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Thank you for the constructive critisism MonK4, I really appreciate that! ^_^
Yeah I for one went for a more rounder and softer design because frankly that's what I'm currently able to do as I'm not very used to Paint Tool SAI yet in order to find a better way to make the edges sharper. Yeah the nose does indeed look a bit off, to be honest I think her entire face was poorly done. I think Anna's face looked better in my sketch if you would like to see that.

Sorry for the low quality I drew this on an A3 paper and my scanner can only take in A4 or smaller so I had to take a photo instead. ^^;
Yeah I've done a pretty poor job on her torso as well, probably because I couldn't really agree on myself where to place her right arm and all. I'll see if I can improve on this in the future. Again, thanks for the constructive criticism I'll try and keep it in mind.
Maybe it could have also helped me a little if I could find a good reference of Anna because I couldn't really find a good one so I was mostly left confused in some parts... ^^;
You're welcome! I do like the face on the sketch better, it looks more consistent, the irises look more even, like they're looking at something more medium distance, and the mouth is leagues better.
If you didn't know, I'm completely inept at art, I can't draw, but the odd work-in-progress lines with varying thickness look neat to me :3 As for edges being sharper, I have no clue what exactly you mean by that so I can't comment. On an off note, I wanted to ask you how the weather was over there, I hear it's getting pretty hot, but this is no place for that. :estatic:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You're welcome! I do like the face on the sketch better, it looks more consistent, the irises look more even, like they're looking at something more medium distance, and the mouth is leagues better.
If you didn't know, I'm completely inept at art, I can't draw, but the odd work-in-progress lines with varying thickness look neat to me :3 As for edges being sharper, I have no clue what exactly you mean by that so I can't comment. On an off note, I wanted to ask you how the weather was over there, I hear it's getting pretty hot, but this is no place for that. :estatic:

Haha thanks. I guess its my lack of understanding of how to ink on SAI when it comes to the lines after all. I guess I need more practice with that. ^^;

It's okay if you can't draw, I appreciate critisisms from anyone really. Wether their talented or not because everyone really picks up and sees things that the artist himself may didn't notice so its always helpful to hear others point of views. ^_^

With the lines bit I was more referring to the style of Fire Emblem Awakening which the piece obviously lacked as my piece looks much softer and rounder than the Fire Emblem art. Probably because I'm too used to the Professor Layton art style which also has a round and soft looking art style.

Yeah the weather has been very sunny and hot over here for a quite a while now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anna should speak french in her taunts, seriously, I love her when she speaks like that in the FE:A DLC.

Okay I've made some fan art of Anna. I don't really like how her face turned out but I guess I'll let you guys be the judge of that...

To be honest, I kinda prefer how my sketch turned out better than when I started underlining it and all but oh well... Maybe I overshaded it too? Tried to aim for a new art style....

Well I hope you enjoy I guess.... ^^: Feel free to criticize it and all.
It's not bad at all. The face needs to be a bit more angular, though. Maybe give her a wink aswell. ;)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gosh this only makes me want Anna all the more, she was already super awesome in Awakening but this seals the deal. Anna is outright Amazing! She needs to be playable in Smash it would be such a crime if she wasn't. D:
It's not bad at all. The face needs to be a bit more angular, though. Maybe give her a wink aswell. ;)
Thanks. Perhaps next time I plan to draw Anna again I might make her wink. :p

loganhogan

Smash Ace
After seeing those screens I wanted to take a look at her Radiant Dawn tutorials. In some of her early tutorials I found out she's loved talking in Faux-French way before Awakening. I couldn't stop laughing when she called Micaiah cute either.

I also found something else interesting. She can control player units and enemy units and she also can also talk to the player through dark text boxes without her showing. So maybe all throughout the series the text in those informative text boxes is her letting the player know the information?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hah I totally should try and get my hands on Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, from the looks of things Anna seems to have the same lovable personality she had in Awakening. I might check a used game store and see if I can get my hands on the games if they are available. :p

Too bad she isn't playable in them though... :c

loganhogan

Smash Ace
She's really informative but she drops funny lines from time to time. Those pictures were taken from prologue and chapter 1 tutorials.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I see, it's a shame though that she wasn't made playable until Awakening, here is hoping she will be a playable unit in future Fire Emblem games and eventually in Smash Bros. :p

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah I think, just maybe, maybe Intellegent Systems wanted to implement Anna better and go even further with her as being an awesome person in Awakening DLC and playable in Awakening.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
It would be a cool thing if Anna returned in future games as a playable character or as DLC. I believe it wouldn't be impossible to achieve and with her role as a returning character that could really work in her favor. She wouldn't be the first one either. The Powerpuff girls Whitewings had this privilege as did other characters like Tiki, and Marth. Looking back I remember most of Ike's army, except for Largo, and Marth's army have returned for more than 1 game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wow, lots of new posts since I last checked!

@Kikwi: Your drawing is good! But, I think her face could have been a little better drawn. She looks kinda... evil? Well, she's not exactly a saint either! :laugh:

Anna's lines in both Radiant Dawn and Awakening make her a funny character. In my game, I have Anna almost with max stats and is among my best units.

Being one of my favorite characters of the series and actually having a good chance, I support her inclusion in SSB4.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@Kikwi: Your drawing is good! But, I think her face could have been a little better drawn. She looks kinda... evil? Well, she's not exactly a saint either! :laugh:

Yeah I'm not happy how her face turned out either. I kinda prefer how she turned out in my sketch better really. But thanks anyway. ^^;

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
After seeing those screens I wanted to take a look at her Radiant Dawn tutorials. In some of her early tutorials I found out she's loved talking in Faux-French way before Awakening. I couldn't stop laughing when she called Micaiah cute either.

I read the last one ala this.

Infinitroll

Smash Rookie
I like this idea. The chances of it happening are tough though. But she is in the top 5 for making it in. I personally made a case for tiki being put on the roster. I'd be happy with anna too.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like this idea. The chances of it happening are tough though. But she is in the top 5 for making it in. I personally made a case for tiki being put on the roster. I'd be happy with anna too.
Speaking of Anna and Tiki, I love how their supports gave us...this little gem. :laugh:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Guys, I know you love your "hot" and "whimsical" and "unique" Anna, but here's the thing..
She'd just be another blue-haired sword-wielder. :troll:

I'm joking I'm joking, please don't kill me. Im completely aware this Anna is a redhead too. if makes you feel better, I'll go crawl back to my empty Lucina thread.

Top Bottom