• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Exactly. I'm content to wait for the next game if needs be.

@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , do what I do and help somebody make it by hand. Much cheaper and more satisfying.
While it would be fitting in Anna's character, since I've got a job I might do buy jt as I'm lazy by nature. Pretty sure you know why I'm giving it some time before actually getting it. Thanks for the advice regardless

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just to say about Tiki: She is a Fire Emblem ICON like Anna, given how SMT x FE clearly wanted to highlight their version of her if nothing else. Her main matter would be a fighterly way to interpret Manaketes than a lack of want in the community or lack of importance.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just to say about Tiki: She is a Fire Emblem ICON like Anna, given how SMT x FE clearly wanted to highlight their version of her if nothing else. Her main matter would be a fighterly way to interpret Manaketes than a lack of want in the community or lack of importance.
I will advocate my "Manakete spirit" idea until it becomes a thing people can agree would work.

I honestly think it's the most creative and efficient way of incorporating it into her moveset.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I will advocate my "Manakete spirit" idea until it becomes a thing people can agree would work.

I honestly think it's the most creative and efficient way of incorporating it into her moveset.
I agree.
But neither of us are Sakurai.
Trust me, the roster would have some big changes if I were Sakurai *Evil laugh*

Burruni

Smash Hero

MOVESET ON SALE!

The Fluid Woman-At-Arms of Many Weapons at Cut Price and Cut Throats - Anna!

I tried to be a bit varied on her arsenal, but wanted to know your opinions.

Statistics
Height: Equal to the realistic humans (:4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk:)
Weight: 96 (:4pit::4darkpit::4wiifit::4wiifitm:)
Ground Speed: 1.8 (Between :4diddy: & :4bowser:)
Air Speed: 1.1 (:4sheik::4falcon::4duckhunt::4megaman:)

Basic Moves
Jab Combo: A slap followed by a swing of a bag stuffed with coins
Dash Attack: Lunging cut with a knife (same properties as :4sheik:'s)

Get-Up Attack: Same as :4marth:/:4lucina:
Ledge Attack: Slams down a massive sack of coins before climbing up.

U-Tilt: Simple upward slice with a sword
F-Tilt: Simple horizontal slice with a sword
D-Tilt: Pokes out with a sword

U-Smash: Charged stab of a spear (:4marth:/:4lucina:)
F-Smash: Homerun swing with an axe (:4sonic:'s wind up punch)
D-Smash: Slams down a staff, causing a poisonous splurt up on either side (:4megaman:'s)

U-Air: Chucks a hand-axe shortly overhead.
N-Air: Quickly swings a blade forward and behind (:4marth::4lucina::4myfriends: and I think :4robinm::4robinf:)
F-Air: Arcing swing of a staff with slight magical effect lengthening the swing (:4shulk:)
B-Air: Swings back a large bag of coins (:4falcon::4ganondorf: hitbox)
D-Air: Thrusts a lance downwards, (:4olimar:/:4alph:'s pikmin)

Grabs
Grab & Pummel: Captures & squeezes someone in an empty sack (:4villager:'s net)
U-Throw: Opens up her bag which erupts with coins and the captive
F/B-Throw: Anna spins her bag around until it tears, flinging the captive out of the far end (same animation, just longer/shorter based on input).
D-Throw: Just slams the bag onto the ground, ejecting the captive.

Specials
Up B: Warp Staff - A magical circle appears under Anna, she appears at a set distance in one of the 8 cardinal directions a moment later (:4zelda:/:4palutena:/:4mewtwo:)
Up Custom 1: Sleep Staff - The range is lessened, but when appears Anna has an explosion of bubbles that will send anyone close enough asleep (we need ONE move that can somewhat reliably use this effect :4jigglypuff:)
Up Custom 2: Rewarp Staff - Now works like :4pikachu:'s quick attack, with two quick but shorter jumps.

Neutral B: Levin Sword - Spawns an electrical explosion a set distance from Anna with a slight delay.
Neutral Custom 1: Flame Sword - The explosion is slower to appear, but has noticable more damage.
Neutral Custom 2: Wind Sword - The vortex appears almost instantly but is weaker

Side B: Spear - Anna chucks out a spear with angle based on duration the input is held. Has high shield damage.
Side Custom 1: Javelin - Charge time is cut in half for distances, but has lessened strength
Side Custom 2: Shockstick - Slower air speed, but explodes in a small burst of thunder

Down B: Vantage - Anna takes a reduced amount of the damage from a hit (50%) but counters with 1.5x the initial damage and knockback.
Down Custom 1: Vantage+ - Nullifies damage taken, but only deal half of the initial damage/knockback.
Down Custom 2: Counter - Anna takes full damage of the hit, but counters with 2x damage and knockback.

Final Smash: Family Feud - Anna does a golf swing with her bag of cash, holding the opponent in the air like :4myfriends:/:4robinm::4robinf:, then 5 Anna's come in to do a massive combo using a Sword, Lance, Tome, Bow, and Finally Axe, ending with them in unison "Cha-CHING!"

Animations
Entrance: Magical circle entrance... shared by :4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::roypm:

Walk: A carefree walk
Run: Ducked down dash
Crouch: ...Nothing special

Taunt 1: Anna sits down on her bag of coins & stretches, "Don't forget to take frequent breaks!"
Taunt 2: Anna flourishes a silver sword, "I make deep cuts."
Taunt 3: Proudly stands with her iconic finger-on-chin pose "Hope you bet on ME."

Victory 1: Anna appears out of a rune circle, holding a staff, "Y'know what they say, evil never pays."
Victory 2: Anna runs on screen, toting a massive backpack of wares, "The autograph line starts here!"
Victory 3: Anna lazily falls back onto her bag of coins, "What can I say? Winning's in my blood."

Defeat: Looking bored, golf claps

Also pardon the double post, I think the like 8 hour time gap is able to skirt by for this one :p

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

MOVESET ON SALE!

The Fluid Woman-At-Arms of Many Weapons at Cut Price and Cut Throats - Anna!

I tried to be a bit varied on her arsenal, but wanted to know your opinions.

Statistics
Height: Equal to the realistic humans (:4myfriends::4lucina::4marth::4robinm::4robinf::4shulk:)
Weight: 96 (:4pit::4darkpit::4wiifit::4wiifitm:)
Ground Speed: 1.8 (Between :4diddy: & :4bowser:)
Air Speed: 1.1 (:4sheik::4falcon::4duckhunt::4megaman:)

Basic Moves
Jab Combo: A slap followed by a swing of a bag stuffed with coins
Dash Attack: Lunging cut with a knife (same properties as :4sheik:'s)

Get-Up Attack: Same as :4marth:/:4lucina:
Ledge Attack: Slams down a massive sack of coins before climbing up.

U-Tilt: Simple upward slice with a sword
F-Tilt: Simple horizontal slice with a sword
D-Tilt: Pokes out with a sword

U-Smash: Charged stab of a spear (:4marth:/:4lucina:)
F-Smash: Homerun swing with an axe (:4sonic:'s wind up punch)
D-Smash: Slams down a staff, causing a poisonous splurt up on either side (:4megaman:'s)

U-Air: Chucks a hand-axe shortly overhead.
N-Air: Quickly swings a blade forward and behind (:4marth::4lucina::4myfriends: and I think :4robinm::4robinf:)
F-Air: Arcing swing of a staff with slight magical effect lengthening the swing (:4shulk:)
B-Air: Swings back a large bag of coins (:4falcon::4ganondorf: hitbox)
D-Air: Thrusts a lance downwards, (:4olimar:/:4alph:'s pikmin)

Grabs
Grab & Pummel: Captures & squeezes someone in an empty sack (:4villager:'s net)
U-Throw: Opens up her bag which erupts with coins and the captive
F/B-Throw: Anna spins her bag around until it tears, flinging the captive out of the far end (same animation, just longer/shorter based on input).
D-Throw: Just slams the bag onto the ground, ejecting the captive.

Specials
Up B: Warp Staff - A magical circle appears under Anna, she appears at a set distance in one of the 8 cardinal directions a moment later (:4zelda:/:4palutena:/:4mewtwo:)
Up Custom 1: Sleep Staff - The range is lessened, but when appears Anna has an explosion of bubbles that will send anyone close enough asleep (we need ONE move that can somewhat reliably use this effect :4jigglypuff:)
Up Custom 2: Rewarp Staff - Now works like :4pikachu:'s quick attack, with two quick but shorter jumps.

Neutral B: Levin Sword - Spawns an electrical explosion a set distance from Anna with a slight delay.
Neutral Custom 1: Flame Sword - The explosion is slower to appear, but has noticable more damage.
Neutral Custom 2: Wind Sword - The vortex appears almost instantly but is weaker

Side B: Spear - Anna chucks out a spear with angle based on duration the input is held. Has high shield damage.
Side Custom 1: Javelin - Charge time is cut in half for distances, but has lessened strength
Side Custom 2: Shockstick - Slower air speed, but explodes in a small burst of thunder

Down B: Vantage - Anna takes a reduced amount of the damage from a hit (50%) but counters with 1.5x the initial damage and knockback.
Down Custom 1: Vantage+ - Nullifies damage taken, but only deal half of the initial damage/knockback.
Down Custom 2: Counter - Anna takes full damage of the hit, but counters with 2x damage and knockback.

Final Smash: Family Feud - Anna does a golf swing with her bag of cash, holding the opponent in the air like :4myfriends:/:4robinm::4robinf:, then 5 Anna's come in to do a massive combo using a Sword, Lance, Tome, Bow, and Finally Axe, ending with them in unison "Cha-CHING!"

Animations
Entrance: Magical circle entrance... shared by :4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::roypm:

Walk: A carefree walk
Run: Ducked down dash
Crouch: ...Nothing special

Taunt 1: Anna sits down on her bag of coins & stretches, "Don't forget to take frequent breaks!"
Taunt 2: Anna flourishes a silver sword, "I make deep cuts."
Taunt 3: Proudly stands with her iconic finger-on-chin pose "Hope you bet on ME."

Victory 1: Anna appears out of a rune circle, holding a staff, "Y'know what they say, evil never pays."
Victory 2: Anna runs on screen, toting a massive backpack of wares, "The autograph line starts here!"
Victory 3: Anna lazily falls back onto her bag of coins, "What can I say? Winning's in my blood."

Defeat: Looking bored, golf claps

Also pardon the double post, I think the like 8 hour time gap is able to skirt by for this one :p
I lost it at "Don't forget to take frequent breaks!"

I like it. Very creative and does justice to her character. May I add it to the OP? :3

Burruni

Smash Hero
Damn. Solid Anna @ Burruni Burruni
Anna is a woman of many wares and above all else, gold on hand. I wanted to embody that kind of trickster arsenal with various tools. Most of all, bring in things from all over in FE history, not just Awakening. The Sleep Staff, Poison status effect, elemental swords that AREN'T LEVIN, etc. I wanted to keep a heavy focus on Staves, Swords, Lances, and... her own sack of gold because that's what most is tied in with her.

I think I did pretty well encapturing her. It's almost like I'm a F-Anna-tic.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anna is a woman of many wares and above all else, gold on hand. I wanted to embody that kind of trickster arsenal with various tools. Most of all, bring in things from all over in FE history, not just Awakening. The Sleep Staff, Poison status effect, elemental swords that AREN'T LEVIN, etc. I wanted too keep a heavy focus on Staves, Swords, Lances, and... her own sack of gold because that's what most is tied in with her.

I think I did pretty well encapturing her. It's almost like I'm a F-Anna-tic.
I had plans with lances, Levin swords and moolah, but I forgot about staves, and my final smash idea was more merchant based than Anna Fever

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Relax, folks. You don't play your ace when the folding starts, right? Gotta raise the stakes even higher first, and let the little fishies scamper for their pot of gold. And then it's time to read 'em and weep~

In other words, Intelligent Systems aren't going to reveal Anna right off the bat. I doubt she'll even be revealed at all as it stands - she's always been a secret character who appears in unexpected places. She isn't the main shopkeeper in any of the games, if is no different. She'll be there and she'll be fabulous as always.
God I hope so

I was wondering why we haven't seen her yet.
I hope she gets new art .

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Yeah, Happy Birthday to my favorite Fire Emblem character and most wanted Smash newcomer!

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

These... recent posts of Anna. She might as well be the face of Fire Emblem! With her character and varying use of weapons, she'll be likely to represent more of that lighthearted tone of Fire Emblem should she be included as a Smash fighter.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I too wonder if FE IF will determine anything about Anna as she might not be there, and many point Kamui and or Aqua as the possible FEIF reps. Sort of offtopic but could the characters from SMT X FE also be considered in league to get in Smash? This also may influence on Anna getting in or not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I too wonder if FE IF will determine anything about Anna as she might not be there, and many point Kamui and or Aqua as the possible FEIF reps. Sort of offtopic but could the characters from SMT X FE also be considered in league to get in Smash? This also may influence on Anna getting in or not.
Good question. With the game coming soon towards the end of the year, we can guarantee that people might warm up to it by then just like how things went with Hyrule Warriors. Remember when people hated the idea of a hack n slash Zelda game upon the first trailer? It's exactly how people felt when calling SMT x FE a "weaboo animu" title for not being as dark as the games.

Once they see more trailers or information on the game, there will be hype and fans might grow to like the characters/setting. Then it would be the right time to consider the protagonists of that crossover as a likely option. We only know some of the names for now and only seen little of what their abilities are to truly start supporting them in the ballot.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I like to think that Anna and all her sisters will be the shop keeper for all the shops.

It's too bad the direction for SMTXFE makes it seem like we won't be seeing Jack Frost along side Anna at the shop.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Good question. With the game coming soon towards the end of the year, we can guarantee that people might warm up to it by then just like how things went with Hyrule Warriors. Remember when people hated the idea of a hack n slash Zelda game upon the first trailer? It's exactly how people felt when calling SMT x FE a "weaboo animu" title for not being as dark as the games.

Once they see more trailers or information on the game, there will be hype and fans might grow to like the characters/setting. Then it would be the right time to consider the protagonists of that crossover as a likely option. We only know some of the names for now and only seen little of what their abilities are to truly start supporting them in the ballot.
To date I wonder why people in the US even consider themeslves fans of anime and Japanese pop culture when they hate things like SMT X FE and Latin America and Europe have accepted such things as they are yet the US has more saying on what anime should be. Sorry for the OT rant but I really want to give SMT XFE a chance for what it will be.

Wasn't there a poster of him spotted in the reveal trailer?
Still, this could mean he is a ficticional character in the SMTXFE world.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
An Anna skin on Roy would be fine. So my guess is that with Roy being official, chances on Anna have dropped. And if a future FE rep gets in, it might point at Kamui for freshness. This makes me wonder if in future games, Robin will remain?

Burruni

Smash Hero
An Anna skin on Roy would be fine. So my guess is that with Roy being official, chances on Anna have dropped. And if a future FE rep gets in, it might point at Kamui for freshness. This makes me wonder if in future games, Robin will remain?
Yes.
Because Robin has a full original moveset, is now solidified as their own character, and uses magic which Kamui doesn't. The only thing is if there is a My Unit or other Protagonist of FE15/16 who uses both tomes and swords, they made share a slot with Robin like Alph does with Olimar.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Gonna say this once, as thread owner, and only once:

Cut it out. If you want to salt about Roy, feel free to do it elsewhere. This is not the thread for that. Whether you appreciate the character or not, today is a victory for all Fire Emblem fans, and Roy's return does not embellish nor diminish Anna's merits in any way.

We're here to support Anna, not rain on Roy fans' parade. Constructive criticism is fine, abject fury is another matter entirely. If you can't be happy for Roy fans, then at least express it in a decent and helpful manner. Our community does not need in-fighting and name-calling. Appreciate the moment for what it is, cry and stamp your feet if you need to, and when you're done with that, come back and realise that this is a good thing for us all.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Cut it out. If you want to salt about Roy, feel free to do it elsewhere. This is not the thread for that. Whether you appreciate the character or not, today is a victory for all Fire Emblem fans, and Roy's return does not embellish nor diminish Anna's merits in any way.

We're here to support Anna, not rain on Roy fans' parade. Constructive criticism is fine, abject fury is another matter entirely. If you can't be happy for Roy fans, then at least express it in a decent and helpful manner. Our community does not need in-fighting and name-calling. Appreciate the moment for what it is, cry and stamp your feet if you need to, and when you're done with that, come back and realise that this is a good thing for us all.
Im so sorry :(

I think Roy designs looks fantastic along with all the other FE characters in this game and I'm glad he's got a couple a changes to his moves and animation.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Im so sorry :(

I think Roy designs looks fantastic along with all the other FE characters in this game and I'm glad he's got a couple a changes to his moves and animation.
It's fine, I guess I'm just used to playing "friendship vanguard". :3

I just don't want this thread to turn into a saltfest at Roy's expense, yeah? Goodness knows we don't need to begrudge our fellow fans.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Thank you. Don't get me wrong, I'm seriously hyped that Roy from FE is back for sure in Smash 4, but still we should keep supporting Anna as well. (Who is also my OTHER most wanted FE rep alongside Roy.) Besides, who knows? This very well just may be Anna's blessing in disguise.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still better than the usual "Kamui would be a clone of Robin" arguments. The fact that those are still frequent on Gamefaqs makes me sick. -_-

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Having Roy in this game is simply a pre-ballot service to everyone one of us that has played Melee. I believe the Smash team knows he does not represent the overall choice of everyone voting for their favorite FE characters. Whose down for six Fire Emblem reps in this game?!

My only salt about the current thing is that it's about Smashboard news authors posting about leaks. My own fault for going to Smash-related social media a week before E3.

Top Bottom