• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
@Awesomedude4444 @ Cazdon Cazdon

Sadly, while Frostwrath is still active, I think he kinda gave up on supporting Anna due to lack of faith in her getting in...

If someone's willing to be the new OP, please speak up! I'd like to be put down there too.

And tagging him because this is relevant to him, @ Frostwraith Frostwraith .

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Loreal. Because she's worth it!

I'm still supporting Anna for Smash by the way and even voted for her at the ballot. Hopefully she's a playable unit again in the new Fire Emblem games.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@Awesomedude4444 @ Cazdon Cazdon

Sadly, while Frostwrath is still active, I think he kinda gave up on supporting Anna due to lack of faith in her getting in...

If someone's willing to be the new OP, please speak up! I'd like to be put down there too.

And tagging him because this is relevant to him, @ Frostwraith Frostwraith .
Yeah, I'm not active on this thread anymore.

For reasons you've stated. I don't mind if someone else wants to become the OP.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I would happily take over the OP. Anna's one of my most-wanted characters and I'd love to jazz the OP up like I did with the Tiki thread~!

At the very least, I'd love to help out with the formatting and content. I have a lot of ideas for this thread and I'd be happy to lend my assistance!

For reference's sake, here's the Tiki thread. I really, really like doing this sort of thing.

EDIT: I also created the Henry Fleming thread, though admittedly it hasn't been updated in a while. I'm hoping somebody else will take over as thread owner so I can devote my time to managing the Tiki, and possibly Anna, threads.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Reminds me that I need to finish redrafting that Anna moveset I shared before.

We need more merchant hype up in this joint.

Pretty sure I can get more people interested in the thread if I'm offered the chance to get the word out there.

Just to make sure it's abundantly clear that I'm very, very serious about my proposal to manage the thread: @ Frostwraith Frostwraith .

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks Warchamp! Much obliged~

I'll get to work revamping the OP very soon. It should be done by tomorrow, and then I'll be ready to help get the Anna support campaign up and running in full swing!

If anybody wants to contribute anything or help with the content of the OP, feel free to offer suggestions! Let's make this a team effort and show the world the glory of our merchant overlord~!

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Hurray! So if I may... I wish to be added to the supporter's list, if you haven't already yet.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Aaaand it's done! The new OP is (for the time being) finished - I'm still in the process of transferring movesets and stuff over, so bear with me while I make it look perfect and sparkly for our glorious merchant overlord~!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I haven't seen or been in this topic for a long time. Since pre-speculation ended, to be precise.

However I feel compelled to give credit where credit is due. As excellent a job as ever, Wintropy.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I haven't seen or been in this topic for a long time. Since pre-speculation ended, to be precise.

However I feel compelled to give credit where credit is due. As excellent a job as ever, Wintropy.

Thank you, m'darling, I do what I can~ ;3

@ Cazdon Cazdon , I added you to the support list!

Let's get the Anna train a-rollin', folks! Choo-choo all day, every day~! <3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now to see how what probably was my first SmashBoards thread ever becomes in the future. :p

(Edit: Turns out it actually wasn't my first SmashBoards thread. lol)

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Now to see how what probably was my first SmashBoards thread ever becomes in the future. :p

(Edit: Turns out it actually wasn't my first SmashBoards thread. lol)
I have the original OP saved in case you want it archived.

As I say, I still have to transfer over movesets and stuff, so if you want it preserved for posterity's sake, it's there. :3

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have the original OP saved in case you want it archived.

As I say, I still have to transfer over movesets and stuff, so if you want it preserved for posterity's sake, it's there. :3
Not necessary, but I would appreciate having the original OP. :)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I want in on that supporters list like 4 years ago. The new OP is spectacular @ Wintropy Wintropy and seriously makes me want something to happen with our fiery merchant sooner rather than later.

Glad to see someone else thinking that FE would do well to have more characters based on fantasy RPG roles. We have the hero (Marth/Lucina), the mage (Robin) and the "berserker" (Ike) already. It'd be totally neat to see the rogue/merchant join up. If we could also get Lyn (archer by loose association) and Tiki with a memorable villain from the series, we'd have all the roles set. lol

I have a small question since I still have yet to finish my run through Awakening, are there any memorable short blades or knives that Anna has access to in her playable role? I'm thinking that now that Robin is the de facto user of the Levin Sword, it might be a good idea to both fix an old move set I made for her as well as nudge the move set discussion forward by having her opt out of using swords and instead go in for quick knife normals to separate her from her Lordly peers.

Last edited:

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
There are no notable Shortblades in Awakening, but Anna does backhand wield her swords as a trickster/Assassin. She could also use lances if wanna push it

While we're on movesets, has anyone in the thread considering having a Three-Anna Triangle attack as an FS?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A completely overhauled OP, hm? Nice. :b:

These were sitting around in my laptop, so why not?

:231:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My favourite quote is still this one.

I'm playing through Path of Radiance now, and since I'm fond of Anna's PoR design, I decided to watch each and every tutorial, whether I know about it or not. :3

I got this in the tutorial for "Victory Condition: Arrival".

(0_0);
:231:

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Hey, this topic is active. Put me on that supporter list! Anna will always be my #1 most-wanted, no matter how many other Fire Emblem characters are in the game.

I like the new OP! (Haven't read the entire thing yet, though, will when I have time to do so)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
My moveset sees Anna summoning a horde of her sisters for her Final Smash. I definitely think it could work. :3
It should be a combination of Please Help Me (Felicia's Level 3 in Marvel vs. Capcom 3) and Peacock's "Stuff You Into Bag and call the crew to stomp you out" Hyper in Skullgirls.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Also, are you looking for movesets? I wrote one up a while back, though I never posted it. It needs some polishing, but it was based on merchant Anna and is made to utilize as many different weapon types in the series as possible, which I think most posted movesets didn't go for. If people are interested, I'd be happy to let it out.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Also, are you looking for movesets? I wrote one up a while back, though I never posted it. It needs some polishing, but it was based on merchant Anna and is made to utilize as many different weapon types in the series as possible, which I think most posted movesets didn't go for. If people are interested, I'd be happy to let it out.
Absolutely!

The more merch in our stock, the better~ ;3

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Absolutely!

The more merch in our stock, the better~ ;3
I took apart a few elements from my last proposed move set and came up with this. I hope everyone likes:

Anna: Fire Emblem’s Other Fiery Redhead

There have been many breakdowns of Anna’s character and the reasoning that would go into her inclusion in the Smash Bros. Roster. Whether to reinforce classic RPG roles with the inclusion of her as the Fire Emblem brigade’s dedicated merchant with a rogue twist, to provide a new personality to contrast against the calm & stoic determinators that make up the group currently, to have a totally different role represented versus the ever mandatory lords introduced to Smash, or even simpler reasons such as to introduce another strong female character to the mix or represent all of Fire Emblem with a character that has ties to every game in the franchise, Anna has an answer for all inquiries. With the opportunity we’ve been given thanks to the Fighter Ballot, Anna now receives a second chance for either notoriety or an inclusion into the roster. As such, it is my aim to make a move set that plays up the complete Anna experience versus one role she’s had through the years.

My previous attempt at creating a move set for our loveable redhead was more skewed to playing up her role as a trickster in her Awakening role. This move set on the other hand aims to pay respects to her general role in the series as its premier merchant for premium goods. Additionally, I have taken the opportunity to add light hints of her rouge like qualities in several of her attack animations as well as add a min/maxing set of complimentary specials to emulate the idea of juggling inventory as a merchant would in their daily affairs. As always, since I aim to give a goal of her gameplay via examples from other fighting game characters, one could see this Anna as being inspired by Villager’s Pocket special, Faust’s “What Could This Be?” item toss special, the mechanics determining Hsien-Ko’s dizzy items on her own item toss special in Vampire Saviour/Darkstalkers 3,

Appearance: Anna dons her memorable Awakening trickster attire with a short blade/dagger that she holds predominantly in a reverse grip. This stance is to convey that while she is proficient with a sword, her usage of it is inherently different from every FE character to date with her specialty being in thievery or rogue like uses of a blade (i.e. executions and opportunist strikes) versus the noble fencing styles practiced by Lords and nobility in the franchise. Along with this, Anna is always seen clutching a large sack of varying size over her shoulder with her non-dominant hand. The stance here implies that whatever is in that sack (or maybe even the sack itself), she is willing to defend to the bitter end. Anna isn’t all about business over pleasure however as she has seen to customize her blade’s hilt with a small tassel that has a bear toy dangling off the end.

Walking animation: Anna walks with a skip in her step, eternally amused at the situation at hand all with a tight grip on her blade (a dagger or short sword) and even tighter grip on a sack of various loot she always has on herself.
Running animation: Anna slings her “fat bag o’ loot” over her shoulder and darts off with her body low to the ground. As a front line merchant, getting into and out of the thick of battle while protecting her wares and (more importantly) her profits is a honed skill.
Running speed: Somewhere between Greninja at the fastest and Marth at the slowest.
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Tether: No
Reflector: No
Fall Speed: Medium
Weight Class: Medium Heavy
Jump heights: Average

Normal Attacks

Jab: Using a dagger like blade in a reverse grip, Anna performs two horizontal swings similar to Pit then finishes with a straight stab to the midsection.
F-Tilt: Anna pulls out a Spear and stabs this straight forward like a pool stick. This can be angled.
D-Tilt: Anna performs a similar poke to the above with a Brave Lance that pokes the ground in front of her twice. Said move can also force a trip on an opponent.
U-Tilt: Anna pulls out a magic stave which she waves over herself in an arc from behind herself forward casting magic that launches opponents on contact.
F-Smash: Anna swings her bag of profit™ forward smashing opponents with the sound of coins rattling heard loud and clear.
D-Smash: Anna spins and swings her bag of profit™ in front of and behind herself in a manner similar to a hammer throw.
U-Smash: Anna rotates her blade like a propeller above her head. This attack has a suction effect, hits three times and launches upward on the third hit. It has an animation similar to Dante’s Prop Shredder attack in the Devil May Cry series.
N-Air: Anna, using a Light tome, emits a large 360 pulse of light that jolts opponents multiple times.
F-Air: Anna, using a Fire tome, creates a small explosion in front of herself.
B-Air: Anna using a Lightning tome summons a bolt of electricity that coils behind herself and strikes in an upward arc.
U-Air: Anna using a Wind tome generates a small tornado that juggles the opponent before lightly launching them upward.
D-Air: Anna swings her bag of profit™ downward to club an opponent with. This move can meteor smash.
Dash Attack: Anna swings her sack forward swatting opponents in her way.

Specials

Neutral Special: Storage

Anna opens her sack and has it swallow up enemy projectiles. As more objects are contained, the bag increases in size with each increase creating a heavier and more powerful bag that she can use for attacks involving the use of the sack. The size increase also influences her Forward Special move seen below. This comes with the tradeoff of making her a tad slower in her movements across the stage.

Forward B: Clearance!

Anna reaches into her sack and tosses the first object she gets her hands on forward. These items can either be weapons from the primary weapon triangles (swords, spears, or axes), tomes that activate on contact with the floor or an opponent, or vulneraries. The strength of these objects varies and items dropped on the floor (with the exception of tomes; they must be caught) can be used by an opponent three times as standard items before being “broken”. As the RNGesus she is however (along with her lineage’s roles as the keepers of the lore of all Fire Emblem events), she is also privy to a few items that would probably shock others. Of these items, Lyn’s Sol Katti, Alondite, the brother sword of Ike’s Ragnell, Hector’s Axe, The Sword of Seals and other such in series legendary weapons have a small chance of being chucked forward. These are uncatchable and disappear after finishing their toss arcs but are also some of the most powerful things in her possession. You have a small percent chance of tossing something like these out at opponents, but holding the special button after inputting the move has Anna fumble through the contents of her sack before throwing something, slightly increasing the chances of getting said legendary weapons.

When the sack is fuller, you can throw up to three objects forward on one use. Throwing one object decreases the size of the bag by one level while throwing all three items completely “empties” the sack. Emptying the sack allows space for more projectiles to be put in storage with her neutral special, reduces her weight allowing her to move faster and increases her jump height/duration to normal.

Downward B: Counter (Alt: “Attending to Foreign Business”/”Lucky Day!”)

Anna assumes a defensive stance. When she is struck, instead of performing a counter attack, Anna nimbly slips out of the path of the attack and reappears a set distance away. This reappearance can be determined by a direction input on the control stick. Otherwise, Anna simply dashes behind the opponent, recovers quickly, and is free to do any action afterwards.

Upward B: Warp Staff

Anna casts a small field of magic that teleports anything within itself to a position she determines. Think of Fire Emblem characters’ entrances to the field in Smash Bros. when you imagine this move. When used normally, this move teleports her to another designated position, however, she can also force the spell to teleport opponents and even items elsewhere by moving the magic circle along the stage in a manner similar to Greninja’s Shadow Sneak (holding the special button after the input and moving the circle forward along the ground with left or right inputs).

Dodges

Spot Dodge: Anna does a spinning hop in place watching her feet in a manner similar to Sonic. Exerting caution in tricky situations is always a priority.
Air Dodge: Anna acrobatically leans back and over her sack using the weight of the sack as ballast as she descends to the ground.

Grabs

Grab: Anna throws the sack over their heads which triggers a quick animation of a cartoon dust cloud leading to the opponent being in Anna’s sack up to the shoulders.
Pummel: Anna tightens a rope around the mouth of the sack attempting to subdue them further.
Forward throw: Anna grabs the sack and flashes the opponent out forward in front of herself.
Back throw: Anna flashes her sack behind herself in a single motion. The sack ejects its contents behind herself.
Up throw: Anna flash kicks the sack having it expel them upward.
Down Throw: Anna lowers the bag to rest horizontally on the floor and stomps on it. The bag then ejects the captured opponent forward low to the ground.

Final Smash: Family Business

Anna pulls her sisters out from the sack (revealed to be a mini Outrealm Gate) who then charge forward with an even larger sack. If anything is caught in this sweeping snatch, the sisters all converge where the bag was (now filled with opponents) and cast various potent magic from various tomes, beat it with weaponry ranging from the rickshaw to the legendary, or just flat out stomp the bag flat before our playable Anna leaps onto the bag expelling its contents out in the direction the sack’s opening is pointing.

Other Animations

Knockdown: Anna lies on the ground face down, her sword stuck in the ground with a firm grip still on the nose of her sack.
Wake Up Attack: Anna performs a set of sweeping kicks while defending her sack with spread arms before readjusting into her standing stance.
Broken Shield: Anna teeters in place hand on her forehead as treasure chests with wings fly about her head.

Up Taunt: Anna performs the “Anna” pressing her right pointer finger to her lower cheek while stating “Prices aren’t the only thing I can cut!”
Side Taunt: Anna pulls out a legendary weapon wielded by a previous lord and performs the pre-critical animation for each.

Marth: Twirls the classic Falchion upward before it glows.
Ike: Points the full length Alondite outward at an opponent’s eye level before grinning.
Lyn: Pulls out the Sol Katti and poses with it back turned for a second.
Hector: Spins the Ax over her head before slamming it down mimicking Hector’s crit animation startup.
[etc.]

Before returning it to the sack.
Down Taunt: Anna sits on top of her bag of loot in a manner similar to her key art from Awakening while musing to the camera saying “Thanks for your patronage!”

Colors and Alts:

TBD

Alt Costume: Merchant Anna

Dressed in her more business oriented garb, Anna takes to the field of negotiation with an eye for new ventures and greater loot.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I made a potential playstyle two years ago, hoping it gets posted in the OP:
Anna's playstyle:
Anna is a quick, nimble character in both speed and in attacking. She can use her Levin Sword in her Smash to temporarily stun the opponent. Her normal attacks and aerial attacks do electrical damage in short range, but are pretty weak, but can stun the opponent enough for her to do a combo. Her jumps are pretty much equal to Fox's, only much more horizontal, so she can easily get away from a situation. With some of her special moves, she has a quick thunder attack that's much faster to execute than Pikachu's, but much weaker, but can stun. She can use the move Rescue to gain a long line of range, another way to get out of a situation or to trick the opponent from time to time. Her Side-B is a quick dash attack (similar to Ike's), is much faster to execute, but has low KO potential. Her Neutral B is an attack (similar to Marth's Neutral, only she spins and it's a multi-hitting attack) that also stuns the opponent longer depending how long you charge. All in all, her playstyle makes use of stun attacks to get away from opponents, being a tricky character to hit once she jumps away. Being able to use her effectively will give the opponent a hard time to attack her.

Top Bottom