• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks everybody! I want to make this thread the best that I possibly can in honour of one of my favourite vidya characters, and your support and encouragement makes it possible!

No, seriously. You guys are the best. I'm inestimably glad to have this opportunity and to be able to do my best to support our glorious merchant overlord. Anna appearing in Smash would be a dream 25 years in the making~

Incidentally, I'm not just liking everybody posts as standard. I'm actually liking them all individually - it just so happens that there's a lot to be grateful for in this thread. :3

Triggerpig

Smash Cadet
NNID
Triggerpigking
I'll admit i've never played a fire emblem game(though, i've been trying to find the time and money to get hold of awakening) but Anna actually sounds like she could make an awesome character though i'm currently torn between either voting for bayonetta or banjo(Are multiple votes allowed? because if thats the case i'll vote for all three).

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll admit i've never played a fire emblem game(though, i've been trying to find the time and money to get hold of awakening) but Anna actually sounds like she could make an awesome character though i'm currently torn between either voting for bayonetta or banjo(Are multiple votes allowed? because if thats the case i'll vote for all three).
Impossible to say right now. The site tells you to only vote for one character, but even if they track IP addresses, voting on multiple devices in multiple locations should offer you some leeway.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
While Anna isn't my #1 character for FE, I would definitely like to see her in. :D

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Anna would certainly be an interesting choice, considering it's the 25th anniversary of Fire Emblem, and she's basically the "mascot" of the series. Maybe she could take a bit of everything the series has to offer - a sword in the air, a lance for her tilts, an axe for smashes, archery and magic for specials... Hell, just give her her Merchant class' lance, and I'd be happy - I'd love to see a lance user in Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want to see Anna as a Pegasus Knight - either in her entrance, or as a Final Smash (Triangle Attack!)

:231:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm thinking of Boxing Ring aliases for characters I support.

For Anna, I'm thinking "Mysteriously Magnificent Merchant".

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We love you Momo~ >w<

Be sure to share it with the group, okay? We need to get some more exposure for our fair merchant gal~ ;3
I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if it would bring that much exposure but then again. My first 3D model got really popular so who knows. All I want is seeing Anna in all her high polygonal HD awesomeness. ^^

I'll be sure to share it with the group though. ^^

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if it would bring that much exposure but then again. My first 3D model got really popular so who knows. All I want is seeing Anna in all her high polygonal HD awesomeness. ^^

I'll be sure to share it with the group though. ^^
Any exposure is good exposure.

Gotta flaunt your wares, else the happy little chickens won't amble in and see what's on offer~ ;3

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Can I be put on the support list? I've never really played Fire Emblem, but her design is really cute, and something about her seems likable to me...Anyways, I consider Anna as someone special, as she is one of only three FE characters I'd ever like to see in Smash. The other two are Lyn(dis), who looks like she'll be sticking to her AT role, and Roy, who looks like he'll be returning anyways, so it's a win there! Hopefully, Anna follows suit!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I reeeeally wanted the keychain, but the packs were just too expensive for me. I simply can't justify spending $30-40 for 5 keychains when only one of them I actually care about.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
With the revelation that "hidden weapons" (i.e. knives / shuriken) will now be a weapon class in Fire Emblem if, I'm really hoping that Anna will make use of them in the game (presuming she's a playable character - and honestly, I'd be astonished if she isn't).

Rogues have always been my favourite fantasy RPG archetype, and knives are among my favourite weapons; one of my favourite vidya characters mixing elements of both would be a dream come true. It'd also put to rest the notion that Anna is "just another swordfighter" or "just another mage knight" - anybody that tries that crap on our gurl gets six inches of steel held against their gullet in the wee hours of the morning.

Burruni

Smash Hero
With the revelation that "hidden weapons" (i.e. knives / shuriken) will now be a weapon class in Fire Emblem if, I'm really hoping that Anna will make use of them in the game (presuming she's a playable character - and honestly, I'd be astonished if she isn't).

Rogues have always been my favourite fantasy RPG archetype, and knives are among my favourite weapons; one of my favourite vidya characters mixing elements of both would be a dream come true. It'd also put to rest the notion that Anna is "just another swordfighter" or "just another mage knight" - anybody that tries that crap on our gurl gets six inches of steel held against their gullet in the wee hours of the morning.
I heard that there is going to be a "Weapons Master" class of some sort coming in. With Dread Master and Bridge giving 3 weapon masteries at a time, just imagine our Lady Red toting swords spears and axes at the same time.

taoxadasa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
taoxadasa
3DS FC
2251-5157-5936
Sup, I got my Awakening keychain collection completed the other day, and Anna's is one of my favorite ones.

Anyways, can I be added to list of supporters? I love Anna and I think I was skipped over last time... :/

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Hey, is it true? Anna will NOT be in Fire Emblem If?!:crazy:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Relax, folks. You don't play your ace when the folding starts, right? Gotta raise the stakes even higher first, and let the little fishies scamper for their pot of gold. And then it's time to read 'em and weep~

In other words, Intelligent Systems aren't going to reveal Anna right off the bat. I doubt she'll even be revealed at all as it stands - she's always been a secret character who appears in unexpected places. She isn't the main shopkeeper in any of the games, if is no different. She'll be there and she'll be fabulous as always.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Relax, folks. You don't play your ace when the folding starts, right? Gotta raise the stakes even higher first, and let the little fishies scamper for their pot of gold. And then it's time to read 'em and weep~

In other words, Intelligent Systems aren't going to reveal Anna right off the bat. I doubt she'll even be revealed at all as it stands - she's always been a secret character who appears in unexpected places. She isn't the main shopkeeper in any of the games, if is no different. She'll be there and she'll be fabulous as always.
What happens is that just before you fight the final boss, Anna pops in and OHKO's the bugger, and becomes an even stronger foe than last time

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Is it still okay for me to say that if I'm gunning for an FE rep, it's Anna and/or Roy? At this point, it doesn't look like Lyndis is happening anytime soon. I mean I personally want Roy and/or Anna a bit more than her, but I also wanted Lyn nonetheless.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it still okay for me to say that if I'm gunning for an FE rep, it's Anna and/or Roy? At this point, it doesn't look like Lyndis is happening anytime soon. I mean I personally want Roy and/or Anna a bit more than her, but I also wanted Lyn nonetheless.
We all have our wants.

Roy seems inevitable for Smash 4, and same goes for Lyn in Project M. That leaves out Anna, whose confirmation in IF is what we're eagerly waiting for.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Unfortunately, Lyn has little to no chance of being promoted anytime soon. Rekka no Ken, while amazing, is a relic of the past as far as Intelligent Systems is concerned; short of them remaking the game and expanding Lyn's role in the story (plz thnx kk based IS~), I can't imagine Sakurai is going to jump out of his chair in anticipation of adding her.

Roy is all but confirmed, which, as far as I'm concerned, is great - more Fire Emblem is always welcome to me, and he has his fair share of fans who'd be delighted to witness his glorious return.

That leaves a small handful of Fire Emblem characters that are still eligible to appear. Now you should all know that I resent the concept of "reps", and I believe a character should not be judged by their series icon, though I can't deny that Fire Emblem has a series has a lot of interesting characters that I happen to like individually. The way I see it, our pool of potential newcomers is now:

- Kamui: The protagonist of Fire Emblem if, has a ridiculous amount of moveset potential if you take into account the sword, dragon transformation, geomancy and dark forces; more than likely too recent to appear in this game, even as DLC

- Aqua: The deuteragonist of Fire Emblem if, could be very interesting with a fighting style based on dancing, wielding a spear, singing blessed songs and controlling water; has the same issues as Kamui

- Tiki: The most recurring character in the series next to Anna, even surpassing Marth in terms of canon appearances, has great moveset potential with her Manakete abilities and would bridge the gap between the "old" games and the "new" games; may be too obscure or not considered important enough, almost definitely not going to happen this time

- Anna: The most recurring character in the series bar none, recurring mascot of the series, great moveset potential with her infinite assortment of wares, a personal favourite of Intelligent Systems; same issues as Tiki

Really, it all comes down to whether Sakurai thinks "reps" is a justified notion (and, from what we've seen, he doesn't appear to) and whether any of the Fire Emblem crew take his fancy. The series has thus far been limited, quite understandably, to only the most important characters (Lucina is arguably an exception, as is Chrom, though there are reasons for these anomalies). Right now, the chances of a relatively minor character like Anna appearing are, quite frankly, slim to none, as DLC is more than likely going to be relegated to the most popular and widely-requested of characters. Our best bet, in this case, is to try and get the word out about Anna in her own series first, and waiting to see if she appears in if is a good first step. I think there's a very good chance she'll return in this game, and if she does, then we've got a very good reason to have faith in her in future.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can't say I have much hope for any Fire Emblem character after Roy. Even if the idea of 'reps' is a weak argument, other series should get some love too. More FE characters might be resented and seen as stealing the spotlight from other newcomer hopefuls.

Smash 5, on the other hand, is fair ground.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Exactly. I'm content to wait for the next game if needs be.

@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , do what I do and help somebody make it by hand. Much cheaper and more satisfying.

Top Bottom