• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**VIDEO UPLOADED** check it out!!!! very interesting Vertical Pun helped

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_dsnSjCmb8

so iono if you guys seen some dude made a thread earlier about some combo that works on tall ppl. the combo that he talked about was falling Uair to footstoll jump to Dair.

keep that in mind.

another thing you gotta make sure you know is the wolf Nair lock. iono if you guys know it or not but its just luike falcos lasor lock except with shuffled Nairs accross the stage. when doing the wolf Nair lock, you have to make sure to not hit them with the 1st part of the Nair, only the rest of it, or else they will b sent flying. if you do this right then you have....wolf Nair lock =]

now lets put the 2 together

first you do the first combo. do falling Uair and do a footstool jump. but NOT the Dair. instead of the Dair, you do...the wolf Nair lock =]...you Nair lock them to the end of the stage and then finish off with a Dsmash

this sounds alil difficult...and believe me it is. ive spend aloooooooo0o0o0ot of time testing it and it indeed is something your oppononet cant get out of garenteed...but is very hard to pull off...if you do it correctly it can do anywhere from 50%-80%

so yea
talk about it!
hoebags! :-P

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
The Uair to Footstool (Not Toadstoll xP) is a VERY ingenious set-up, however, when you told me about it, I was wondering, are there any other set ups for the Nair Lock? I think that more set ups could add much more variety and just overall deadlyness to the lock.

I still have yet to ask why it only works on tall characters? Maybe since they're a bigger target? I'm still testing this out, seeing who it works on and who it doens't.

I'm just unsure of how to do the Nair Lock... I've got it to maybe one or two Nairs, but that's it... off, to practice.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
only works on tall characters b/c falling Uair dont hit smasll characters
i hope ppl could understand what i wrote b/c i wrote it in a hry lol

§witch

Smash Lord
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
And bTW, candy...

YOU'RE THE HOEBAG <3

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Candy, could you possibly post a video?

Doesn't coming in with a nair put you right in position for the first hit of the second nair to connect?

How do you avoid hitting the first hitbox of the consecutive nairs?

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *breath* LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.
word.

candy thx for the info.. finally someone that has something productive to contribute to the wolf forums! always a pleasure readin your and gonzos threads :D

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
thanks tokerella....always good to hear ^_^
letterbomb...??LOL
and Fugu: its hardto explain...i will post if as soon as gonzo comes and brings his camera..which iono when that'll b but when i post the vid things will b alil more cleared

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Couple of questions about this...

Can you tech the footstool jump?
Can someone really not roll or attack to stand up in time?
Can it combo into a d-smash or f-smash?

This looks great and I'll need to practice this later.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Couple of questions about this...

This looks great and I'll need to practice this later.
No
They can't stand up or roll in time.
Yes, once u take them to the edge.

I know this cuz i was the test dummy when Candy and I practiced this outside of the video.

§witch

Smash Lord
Nope, footstool cannot be teched.
Nope.
Yes.
All the new combos coming out now, all use the footstool, sheik and falco also have one. Flaco's is the best though, it combos in a laserlock.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Very nice. It'd be pretty difficult to pull this off in a match though. What I don't want to see now is a bunch of idiots trying to constantly attack with falling uairs and getting shield grabbed to death.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
1st off
mucho gracias moe for putting the vid up
2nd off
thanks for the postive feedbacks
for those of you that say its impossible to pull off in a match: yes i know this is very difficult...but you have to realize...brawl isnt like melee...brawl is very easy to get use to...whats gonna seperate the pros from the noobs is being able to pull off harder things...this combo is very situational but if you had it down consistently...i garentee you with hard work you can pull it off on a dedede or something...do a Dsmash at the end...get a combo for 50%-80%...and it will feel great! :-P

every1 else: plz keep giving me feedback...i wanna know what EVERYONE thinks about this
thanks ^_^

acv

Smash Journeyman
good stuff.it seems footstoling is the way to combo in brawl.btw can you use an utilt insted if the uair?

§witch

Smash Lord
Way too hard to get right to be useful...sorry, the other characters's are more useful, but it does look really badass, but still, falco's looks cooler.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well...looks like it was a good idea for me to post that silly combo after all.

I can't believe I did't think of trying the nair lock. XD

JFizzle

Smash Apprentice
Pretty cool. I'm gonna have to try this out, but yeah, seems situational, just like Thunder's Fox Combo in Melee. Then again, any way to rack up massive damage is good enough for me.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
I don't see that this is excessively situational. Obviously you're not going to pull it off every match, but if you learn to do it as second nature, you will get it out any time your opponent gets in a situation where you are able to hit short hop up air them.

Pretty huge discovery, I'd say. Very excellent work. I'm going to start practicing tonight.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
WOW wtf man get the **** out of here you mario loving homo. go post on the yoshi forumif you want to complain about somone sucking or go talk to your mom
Oh my god, you just made my day. Thank you.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
sry dude the truth hurts wolf is bad....and this footstool thingy doesnt work....AT ALL!!!....no hope for wolf mains no hope...(except candy and chinesahh they ****)
Go die.

This N-air lock seems kind of kool but its probably impossible to pull off in a normal fight unless you unbearably lucky.

Top Bottom