• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Music Thread

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
You played Arcade Stage 5 yet?

We recently got the *** Export ver. in the arcade, good new set of songs, most of which I haven't heard.

Which is good lol.

EDIT: Bwhahahaha. It censors the shortened word for Japanese. NO MORE RACISM.
Nah and until Box Hill gets it I won't be playing =/

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
omg golden sun is so severely underplayed, and ToS music is okish I spose... MUST GO PLAY GOLDEN SUN NEEOOOWW!!!
ToS music is composed by the same bloke who did Golden Sun =D

Also I liked the ToS japanese intro, and the battle music. (fatalize and fighting of the spirit)

The character's theme music was also pretty cool.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I got stuck on fighting Mars and Venus on the lighthouse and didn't want to grind to level and steamroll em and I ended up not playing it any more.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Ok guys! I got a selection of random tracks from my music collection!
This release covers Pokemon Silver for nostalgia, Mario Galaxy for orchestral goodness, Shadow Hearts because it is really popular and Granada Espada cause I think the music is awesome.

Here is a link to the tracks discussed

http://www.sendspace.com/file/evavmr

72 - Saffron City, Cerulean City, Pewter City, Viridian City
This track is one that brings back so many memories, each time I listen to this it brings me back to that time where pokemon silver was released, everyone was going crazy transferring pokemon over from red and going wow at the 2 world maps and the day and night cycles!
But yes, about the track, hmm how to describe it, to me it really symbolises the typical pokemon town, laid back casual catchy tune that makes you want to buy things from the pokemart.

117 Wind Garden
This track was chosen because it really impressed me when I first heard it. It really captured the the spirit of mario galaxy, and really made the wind garden stage really epic. I think the off beat brass in the background combined with the guitar work in the background really set the mood of the track and really work in conveying a sense of freedom and excitement. What I really enjoyed was the way that the brass and strings passed around the melody and the transient harp work with the apeggios in the background which really worked to tie it all together.

44 - Callback from Jesus
This track is a really strange one. However, I felt that it did represent Shadow Hearts very well, throughout the piece you have the same motif being played once and then played again but rewinded which is what I've mentioned before. The atmosphere was really well conveyed I thought also, with different instruments fading in and out to present quite a mysterious and ambient atmosphere. Overall it is really hard to describe this track since it is umm...very unorthadox even for VGM

Rising Sun
This track is from the MMORPG 'Granada Espada' and is composed by S.F.A who really surprised me with the depth and variety of music. One thing which really impresses me is the way which they manage to meld in classical instruments such as piano and violin with electric guitars and heavy percussion. The blending of instruments really adds an upbeat, energetic vibe imo and makes for some really innovative tracks. Also the reason I really enjoy SFA is due to the catchy tunes they manage to pump out regardless of what style of music they are composing

Anyway, feel free to discuss tracks or to nominate tracks for the next release =)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nobuo uematsu is a god among men in the vgm world, if you havnt heard of him, you'll have played some games with his music in it.
Pretty much everything he does pwns hard.
also I know what super eurobeat is, initial D is mad

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
I have the Final Fantasy XIII battle theme if anyone is interested in what it sounds like. It's really good.

Also some of the best soundtracks IMO include Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy VI, Beatmania 10-16, Xenogears, Golden Sun, Mega Man X3, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2 and 3, Mother 3, Brawl............ahh too many, that's just a fraction.

I love VGM and am ever expanding my collection

Top Bottom