• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vid of My wolf from recent tourney.

CO18

Smash Hero
I decided a little while back to 2nd wolf. This vid is from a 30 person tourney last weekend against a good snake main from FL(He got 4th at the tourney).

I had only been using him a week at this point so of course I don't know that much about him yet lol so don't be tooo harsh.

Critique please. Thanks, :)

I think another one should be coming soon, only set I got matches of my wolf recorded though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY6BrncnI8o&feature=channel_page

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Dude, you really should change that music. It's good, but irritating and distracting when watching the video.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
EDIT: Wow, I just realized it asked for critique ._.

:30 to :35, the first of many nice moments to come.
:50, it sorta seemed like you were going for a jab mixup but changed your mind. When in doubt, simply finish up the inescapable jab combo, I guess.
:56 you had a sideB which you probably meant to cancel, so maybe work on cancelling a bit if you're not too consistent yet.
1:19, you could've definitely survived that, wolf is a tank so make good use of it.
1:37 to 1:42, nice.
1:48, nice shine out of the nair. And very nice job up to 1:53 ending with the dsmash.
1:59, good use of jab grab
2:57 to 3:03, another nice thing going there.
3:46, just out of curiosity, why didn't you jump out and edgeguard?

I personally think you could do a better job with spacing some of your bairs (particularly the few SHFF ones you had), and you SHADed a lot to the point where it got predictable and you got punished. If you want another option out of short hops, try using some autocancelled fair, it's great for many many things. Any particular reason you AD behind into a grab so often?

:059:

CO18

Smash Hero
Thanks for the comments

EDIT: Wow, I just realized it asked for critique ._.

:30 to :35, the first of many nice moments to come.
:50, it sorta seemed like you were going for a jab mixup but changed your mind. When in doubt, simply finish up the inescapable jab combo, I guess.
:56 you had a sideB which you probably meant to cancel, so maybe work on cancelling a bit if you're not too consistent yet.
1:19, you could've definitely survived that, wolf is a tank so make good use of it.
1:37 to 1:42, nice.
1:48, nice shine out of the nair. And very nice job up to 1:53 ending with the dsmash.
1:59, good use of jab grab
2:57 to 3:03, another nice thing going there.
3:46, just out of curiosity, why didn't you jump out and edgeguard?

I personally think you could do a better job with spacing some of your bairs (particularly the few SHFF ones you had), and you SHADed a lot to the point where it got predictable and you got punished. If you want another option out of short hops, try using some autocancelled fair, it's great for many many things. Any particular reason you AD behind into a grab so often?

:059:
Thanks yo yeah the Ftilt i dunno wtf happened haha. Died at like 100 from opposite side of the screen.

Yeah im still not that perfect technically with wolf I cant illusion cancel perfectly yet or do lagless fairs perfectly yet but it will come soon as long as I keep using him.

I kept airdodging behind him since he wasnt punishing at first, anticipating a bair and shielding but I stopped eventually since he started picking up on it.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
down throw is wolf's best throw... yeah keep at it, lol.
be more patient coming back to the stage.
space with bair and... bair.
Use fair if you need to get room and they are in front of you. You know what you are doing pretty much so keep doing what you're doing.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Why you'd use Wolf over D3 in any matchup simply mystifies me.

That said, that Snake player was actually pretty smart. It's always interesting to see another Wolf style, especially with a good player like you lol.

wolf is the most illogical character

Quoted and sigged.

Top Bottom