• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Melbourne CouchWarriors 2011 - AGM News

Would you like to see a cash prize pool? (Public vote)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
ahhhh ummmz

i hate both teams but i aint doin anything on saturday so count me in baby
details! jei needs details!!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
catch a train to Richmond Station
walk to MCG (it's a 5 minute walk, there's people selling afl records along the way, just follow the crowd)

adult: $20.30
concession: $12.80

^general admission at the ground ticket prices^ (cheapest)

meet at Gate 4 at 1:00pm
that should give us plenty of time to line up, buy tickets, and get inside the ground
(game starts at 2:10)

^rough plan

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
i played ddr after work today...by myself...
i completed a 7 step song on heavy..
i just got back from the city now, its 10 to midnight.
im freakin tired...this post is meaningless...
i'll be there at the footy game

Ammeren

Smash Apprentice
Hi all, I just wanted to make a post so people don't wonder where I have gone in the future.
Most of the people who know me already know, or have heard from others that I'm leaving on Sunday the 4th to Queensland(Gold Coast) until the end of 2012 for uni. Since I wasn't smart enough to get into the course I wanted at melb/monash uni, I've had to accept an offer to study in Queensland to pursue a career in medicine which I've been trying for a while to get into.

Anyway, I know that I've only been in the melb smash scene for a couple of months, but it was really great meeting lots of people and playing some great competitive smash. Brawl is the first game I have taking up competitively, and the community here has really enabled me to enjoy playing Brawl throughout regardless of the results.

I'll still be playing brawl like a nut in the Gold Coast, despite med's attempts to deprive me of any relaxation time =D Anyway, I'll try to make it back for tourneys and of I'll definetely be back for holidays, so I'll still be around(I'll be up for wifi brawl anyway), and I'll still follow the melb smash scene within australia =D
Anyway, cya to all those that I won't see until I next come back for a holiday - I'll make sure Melb dominates QLD fully! :laugh:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
nawww

much love to chris. i think u made a huge impression on all of us. u will be missed greatly.

hope to see u soon yea?

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS T_T

Hope you enjoyed yourself, and good luck for your future. Thanks for transporting me the other day as well xD

I'm pretty sure everyone will miss you sorely

~Vince.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yup, everyone wubs cwissy wissy

~sigh~ forte is so great, that his username is forte not once, but TWICE

see you at the footy tomorrow!... whoever is coming :dizzy:

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe you're leaving so soon, Chris. :( It was awesome getting to know you - I'll visit for sure next time I'm in QLD. Good luck with the med study.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Good Luck Chris,
Make sure you dominate up there.
Also let me know how the med course goes because ill be starting mine next year and i wanna find out what im getting myself into lol.

sLibs

Smash Cadet
oh Chris, the time has come for you to leave, i thought u were going in like a month or so NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. you won't even make it to next RANBAT!

Our matches won't be the same, i mean our wifi matches will be even laggier coz ur in qnslnd now -.-

Goodluck with your studies...and smash. Comeback to visit soon. Much love falco... i mean erick

i mean falco XD

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't worry guys Chris will surely come down every break he has, which should be fairly frequently given the university calendars

wub <3

In other news, the next monthly is on May 17. I haven't had the opportunity to update on this yet, but I will soon. There are a number of projects down the pipeline, including the J-FUND (will explain later), and larger majors in excessively large venues with other groups. Think FEDSQ/Exhibition Centre type venues. Smash is definently moving up on a large scale. Let's work hard to continue building up the scene!

RANBAT Changes:
The following stages will be added to Random Select this forthcoming monthly:

RANDOM SELECT STAGES and COUNTERPICK STAGES

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Smashville
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Corneria (D)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Pictochat
Delfino Plaza (D)
Mario Circuit (D)
Onett (D)
Green Greens (D)
Shadow Moses Island (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)

BANNED
All other stages

(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
MAY RANKING BATTLE (RANBAT)

CAOTIC CONTACT: 0420 824 348

Where: Seminar Room 4 and 5, Glenn College, La Trobe University Bundoora
When: 17th of May, 12pm-10pm
Notes: Bringing your own controllers is highly recommended.
Bringing additional TVs, consoles and games is really really appreciated, as well as necessary for the event to improve.
Remember to LABEL your gear to avoid confusion.

Important Note: We'll be offering a free drink to anyone who brings a TV after first confirming they will be providing it in this thread, within reasonable limits.
We also need people to bring controllers, consoles and games if they can manage it, every little bit helps to provide more variety on the day.

Ranbats:
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Super Smash Bros Brawl (NTSC)

Forward this to all your friends, feel free to post this and a link on other forums, get everyone you know interested and ready for some solid fun gaming.

To get to the venue:
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/bundoora/maps_transport.html

Current Suggested Timetable:
12:00 ........ Casuals (practice for comps)
1:00-3:30. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Teams)
1:00-2:30... Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Singles
2:30-3:30... Gulity Gear XX Accent Core: Armies
3:30-6.30... Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles)
3:30-5:00... Street Fighter 3: Singles
5:00-6:00... Street Fighter 3: Armies
5:00-6:30... Melty Blood Act Cadenza
.................... DINNER BREAK ..................
8:00-?. Casuals / Random Comp (taking suggestions)

Updates
So yeah, basically the same details as per usual.
Do we want to try KOFXI at the end of the day again?
Any suggestions for the event in general are appreciated, so get them in now while we have time to work them in.

Random thoughts!

- S-FUND and J-FUND will be discussed at tonights CW Committee Meeting @ the John Curtin Hotel

- Changes to the starting time in the schedule to reflect what actually happens

- I will be in Tokyo when the June Ranbat takes place - sometake take over my responsibility please or the scene will die quietly like it always does when i'm absent

- Somebody organise DDR @ this Ranbat please, it'll only happen if you want it enough

- Bring gear please - you know the drill - Ranbat is next week

- Next Melbourne major might be held in Jeff's Shed a.k.a Melbourne Exhbition Center... November?

- I'm going to make a submission to get the world's first organic public videogaming lounge in one of the city's laneways as a bid for the council's regular laneway commissions

*dreams*

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That clearly fails! Under Sam's control, Melty Blood's scene is destined to assplode - don't give him the opportunity! (and he'll give himself 5 byes, to make up for the lack of byes in his last 5 tournaments)

But yeah Shaz, I'll be impressed if you can keep the momentum going with Smash - I remember last year attendance was **** whenever I was absent - but i think you can do it, just copy me by thinking everything is cute and wubing everyone and being bandwagon king :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nobody was there because.... something was on, i think

it was the start of DEKAR

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
As do I, even though i am no where near as good as most of the people on here i still like playing it.

Also melee randomness = Win!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
well, unlike you Em, some people's first step in melee after the announcer (someone should give that announcer a name) says GO! doesn't mean an automatic victory...

MikulOnIce85

Smash Ace
OR of course, doing poses after winning games with Gannondorf or Falcon is highly encouraged during random melee events. :D

Personally, I'm not sick of melee and I don't have brawl. It would be nice if we could keep some time set apart for the melee lovers. My Falcon is sexy...

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
we should set some time apart for brawl, because not enough is dedicated to it already <3

my idea: if you want melee, bring it
thats why i take my stuff to meets, so i can play what i want <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom