• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Gamers Gathering | Super Smash Bros. Wii U tourney

Mavrek

Smash Cadet

CALLING ALL MELBOURNE GAMERS!

Welcome to the first ever Melbourne Gamers Gathering!

This event is aimed at bring competitive social gaming to local gamers around Melbourne. It is set for Saturday, January 2015 and will feature a Super Smash Bros. Wii U tournament with an awesome first place prize!

However, we need your help to make this event a reality!

A crowd-funding campaign for the Gamers Gathering has been launched where you can earn awesome rewards for pledging money. You are free to contribute as little or as much as you want, but at only $10, you can get a free ticket to this event! (It is normally $15 so you already save $5)

All the details are on the campaign page here >>
pozible.com/gamersgathering

This is an event for gamers, by gamers, and only you can make it happen. If the funding goal is not reached in 60 days, the event doesn't go ahead. So please share this around with your friends and spread the word, thank you!

Facebook page: facebook.com/melbournegamersgathering

ViVa

Smash Ace
Just seems like wii u and project m are there.

Sounds like a cool event. I'll probably be keen to play smash 4 and maybe project m and psa. Might pledge 10$ but I want to think about it a little more first. I hope this turns out to be a success.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hello "Josiah Montassi", if that is your real name.

In all honesty, while it looks all nice with a video and such, the absolute lack of any actual direction by anyone involved in any gaming community seems like this is a massive scheme rather than any real investment.

First off securing funding a full year out from the even within a 60 day timeframe?
Like I understand pozible and such do have timeframes, but this is simply too far away to be done this way.

Secondly the line up.
why project M and not normal melee?
why metal arms? who the **** plays that
same with crash team racing
and no one plays PSABR
and why black ops too and not ghosts or whatever COD comes out in 2014.
this line up shows a complete detachment from any of the actual gaming community and what people actually play.

Third is the fact no one knows you in any way and you do not seem to have established contact with anyone that is known in any way in the tournament organization community.

If you're honestly keen to organize something like this, I would like to help you so please get in touch with me and I can help you make this happen without it looking like an investment scheme or a fake kickstarter.

And for anyone else on the boards, since I wouldn't be surprised if you guys might not be able to properly judge this for yourself.

BE CAREFUL AND DO RESEARCH BEFORE YOU GIVE ANY MONEY TO THIS

ALSO READ MY BELOW POST FOR AN UPDATE

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I don't want to fund a PSASBR tournament in any way D:
It'd make Timic too satisfied

lol at Crash Team Racing might have to grind that though

Redact on the ball haha:smash:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hey, would just like to highlight the "you do not seem to have established contact with anyone that is known in any way in the tournament organization community". So coming in as a stranger and requesting funding is likely not going to have a positive response.

If you would like to work things out with Redact/S.D I'll close this thread for the meanwhile (so it doesn't become a spam horde of people joking/spamming). Let me know. If this is for real this could be very exciting!

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
quoted from the Dekar thread:

"here's a nice update guys.

AudioDriver is legit and actually does want to run something, just is very naive about tournament organization and expectations of what would happen.

I'd rather you guys not heckle out a TO from our already TO-deprived Melbourne community

he is letting the current crowd funding run its course because if he somehow does succeed, he will end up running it with legit rules/our input and such from what i understand.

otherwise if the 60 days it up and it doesn't reach its goal, I'm going to work with him on re-pitching it to appeal to more of the smash community and hopefully reach whatever goal we set the second time around"

Hughie

Smash Lad
Mavrek Mavrek , I think you should get in contact with ShadowLogic, they do a lot of tournament organisation in Vic, and they can help you promote, fund, gather hype, etc.
Dekar and Redact are awesome too, so you should take their advice.
Best of luck with this tho, looks pretty sweet

Last edited:
Top Bottom