• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Any western suburb smashers out there?

Hellsend

Smash Rookie
I want to meet new smashers but it's difficult for me to travel too far all the time.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yes!
we should really have this stickied or something, but please join the vic smash facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253413668003243/
a post there and you'll be in contact with all the west melbourne smashers

there's not as many as there are east of melbourne or more central, and for melee/projectM bus' port melbourne meets are the way to go, but i'm sure you can work something out

Last edited:

Hellsend

Smash Rookie
So Shadowloohq is an arcade right? And smash happens there as I understand it. It's not too far from me, but do people play there regularly? Or just when there's tournaments?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
shadowloo HQ used to be in footscray, but it has since moved to clayton and we are awaiting the reopening
yeah think of it as a console arcade and tournament venue, lots of consoles and TVs
when it opens there will be tournaments there on a roughly monhtly basis with smash bros, and more casual get togethers at slhq between events

in the meantime, hit up the bus wednesday weekly smash events in port melbourne, either by checking the thread or the news in the vic smash fb group

Last edited:

Hellsend

Smash Rookie
Suburb = Keilor
I am equally bad at all smash games :) I started playing melee and project m in december, and other than playing with a friend who lives around the corner (who is the same skill level as me), I haven't had many opportunities to learn reading/predicting/punishing from players who know what they're doing. I mostly just practice tech skill on my own. I have brawl and 64 (on Wii VC) but again, I don't really have anyone to play them with.

Hellsend

Smash Rookie
Hi Redact! It's Efthimios from facebook.
I'll try and make it to some of the meets when I have time, but working eats all of my weekday time :(

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hi Redact! It's Efthimios from facebook.
I'll try and make it to some of the meets when I have time, but working eats all of my weekday time :(
yeah man i do 9-5 weekdays in the cbd, full time lyf

its a killer to make it to any weekday meets but i can make busses this wed for a while after work

otherwise weekends only usually

A Dumb Monkee

Smash Cadet
Hey man, I'm in Laverton and I have a couple of mates I play with relatively often.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of new players in Taylor's Hill as well.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'm in St. Albans and am always willing to play melee, brawl or PM.
Keilor is like 10 minutes away, Taylors Hill is no more than 2 minutes away and Laverton is maybe 15 minutes.
I can try to arrange some kind of meet soon... its been awhile since I've hosted something.

Last edited:

A Dumb Monkee

Smash Cadet
I'm in St. Albans and am always willing to play melee, brawl or PM.
Keilor is like 10 minutes away, Taylors Hill is no more than 2 minutes away and Laverton is maybe 15 minutes.
I can try to arrange some kind of meet soon... its been awhile since I've hosted something.
I keep forgetting to check smashboards, have you joined the victoria facebook group?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253413668003243/

Top Bottom