• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's the little things. Spammable explodey thing. Down smash involves digging. Up smash shoots things up. Forward smash kills too early. The bowling ball is the closest thing in the game to mortars at the ledge. D-tilt has dumb snake up-tilt range and kills. Floaty up-b. B-reversing axe feels like doing it with nades. Tree is basically C4's challenged cousin.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey all. Let me introduce myself.

I've been a Villager main for quite a while now (I think around a week or two after I got the game). I've just never had the time to get to this social thread. I'm not competitive, but I'm learning. I don't really want to win major tournaments, but just keep improving my game with my 5 mains. I look forward to meeting all of you guys!!!
image.jpg
P.S. I LOVE drawing, even if I'm not the best artist ever.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763

I've been a Villager main for quite a while now (I think around a week or two after I got the game). I've just never had the time to get to this social thread. I'm not competitive, but I'm learning. I don't really want to win major tournaments, but just keep improving my game with my 5 mains. I look forward to meeting all of you guys!!!View attachment 74077P.S. I LOVE drawing, even if I'm not the best artist ever.
Cool, thanks for introducing yourself. Good luck with your journey
and keep making art :)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Cool, thanks for introducing yourself. Good luck with your journey
and keep making art :)
I've got 12 drawings done so far, 10 of them being characters. I'm trying to draw the entire Smash 4 roster, though with my busy life I dunno how long that will take, but thanks for the encouragement.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I've got drawings of R.O.B., Mr. G&W, Greninja, Villager, Ness (my 5 mains), Kirby, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Zelda, and Ice Climbers (I'm a huge supporter for their DLC inclusion).

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman

I've been a Villager main for quite a while now (I think around a week or two after I got the game). I've just never had the time to get to this social thread. I'm not competitive, but I'm learning. I don't really want to win major tournaments, but just keep improving my game with my 5 mains. I look forward to meeting all of you guys!!!View attachment 74077P.S. I LOVE drawing, even if I'm not the best artist ever.
Don't ever worry about being the best artist ever, as no such thing exists =P.

Since you were brave enough to post your villager drawing, I'll post mine. It was done at work on a boring nightshift on my lunch break.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Don't ever worry about being the best artist ever, as no such thing exists =P.

Since you were brave enough to post your villager drawing, I'll post mine. It was done at work on a boring nightshift on my lunch break.

Not bad. I think his head should be a bit bigger, and there are a few more little nit picks, but it's pretty good. I dunno if you guys can tell, but I draw mine in the landscape style. It'd probably work better if I did it portrait style, but all of my drawings this far have been landscape, and it'd just look odd if I started doing the rest in portrait.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Not bad. I think his head should be a bit bigger, and there are a few more little nit picks, but it's pretty good. I dunno if you guys can tell, but I draw mine in the landscape style. It'd probably work better if I did it portrait style, but all of my drawings this far have been landscape, and it'd just look odd if I started doing the rest in portrait.
Oh i can tell it's a landscape from the lines =P. I really think you should buy a sketchbook. They are cheap at Walmart, and i think your art deserves to be on paper without all of those blue lines obscuring it. That, and it's cool too be able to look back chronologically and see the progress you have made.

Also thank you for the critique.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh i can tell it's a landscape from the lines =P. I really think you should buy a sketchbook. They are cheap at Walmart, and i think your art deserves to be on paper without all of those blue lines obscuring it. That, and it's cool too be able to look back chronologically and see the progress you have made.

Also thank you for the critique.
Ya, no problem. I don't like the lines either, which is why when I have time to go back and redo some of my drawings I'll either be using computer paper or a sketch pad. In fact, I recently beat EarthBound, and I'm working on a drawing to represent the game. It'll be done on computer paper, so there's not any lines. If you're interested in seeing what it looks like when it's done you should check out the Ness social thread every once in a while. I should have it done by Thanksgiving (I've got a lot to put in it and school stuff may hold me back).

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Does anyone here want to play some matches later today?
I feel like i need more exp in the Ganon vs Villager MU so if anyone would like to play later on i'd be very happy.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Does anyone here want to play some matches later today?
I feel like i need more exp in the Ganon vs Villager MU so if anyone would like to play later on i'd be very happy.
Why do i have a feeling Im responsible for this?

anywho I'm kinda busy today so I can't today (thought that might be for the better considering I only have a 3ds)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Villager officially dethroned Pikachu as my favorite-to-play character in Smash. Their play style is just perfect for me. I can rush the hell down of my opponents and in a blink, I can become a spammy annoying little ****. Plus, their special moves are all useful in a way or another. Also, they are adorable. It feels good to finally have a character I can call "my main" without having second thoughts.

Smash 4 Olimar > Pikachu as well btw.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I made an Animal Crossing themed Mario Maker level!
Name: Mayor Abandoned Us...
AAF7-0000-0090-D916

I don't want to give too much away, but the level should convey the story well.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Hey guys, got back from my local yesterday.
I didn't win it this time but I hit top 3. Was a huge mess.
Last time we had like 43ish and 10 setups, this time we had 50+ and 6 setups..

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You guys pick up all the weeds, I'll plant a tree. Deal?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Heyo! I went on for glory with Villager and had some nice matches and got some cool stuff like a spike, shield break, watering can gimp, and I share some tips like how to start pretty much every match! I hope its entertaining and maybe even helps someone!

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Heyo! I went on for glory with Villager and had some nice matches and got some cool stuff like a spike, shield break, watering can gimp, and I share some tips like how to start pretty much every match! I hope its entertaining and maybe even helps someone!
OMG it's Sonsa! :D

Maybe the Villager boards aren't dying. :}

Sonsa

Smash Champion
OMG it's Sonsa! :D

Maybe the Villager boards aren't dying. :}
Have they been struggling? Aw, well I guess Villy doesnt get a lot of buffs, nerfs, or tourney representation so I guess I can see how things are quiet around here... things will surely speed up when some more smash news is announced, characters for Villy to fight, or some competitively viable stages and how Villy does on em, stuff like that.

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
I got to play against Neely this weekend. He was at this monthly that a church in MD started, which might become a quarterly now, and we played quite a few matches for fun. Villager vs Villager is insane. Seagull joe was there too and I even got to see his villager. Glad I never had to play him in bracket. Apparently everyone in the area has villager as a secondary so I'm definitely going to try and play at Xanadu and get that experience. Neely kinda inspired me to do what he does though. Just stick with villager. He doesn't play anyone else in tournament for the same reason I'm now only playing villager. I just don't really like playing other characters. Now I just have to learn how to deal with shulk, rosaluma, sonic, and megaman

Top Bottom