• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Sup guys, just started playing Villager recently, what do you think?

It's looking amazing! I loved when you pocketed the thunder and spiked him with it. You made the Pikachu MU look like a breeze lol

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I really want to get really good with villager but I'm not sure where to start to play with others to learn what I need to know. Hopefully I can join a thread where Villager mains talk or something :\

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
My daily Villager Routine consists primairly of Praying to her n-air

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
is villager an easy character? i mean he kind of feels easy to pick up
sort of
her skill floor is slightly higher than usual due to her unorthodox moveset, but her skill curve is very gentle once you get a hang of her

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He is easy to pick, but if the opponent knows the matchup you need to start being really crafty with your tools. They can punish hard but getting the chances to do so can be difficult.
:196:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
is villager an easy character? i mean he kind of feels easy to pick up
He feels the easiest to play when your opponents don't know what they're doing against villager. When you fight people who know how to deal with you, then you have to get creative, which is the hard part.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
He was a nice start for me when I got the 3ds demo, and getting technical isnt too hard when you play around with gyroid setups. Eventually you learn how to use it most effectively along with slingshots, turnips for optimal juggles/spikes, balloon baits, and more~

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hey, here's a topic I guess!
(Oh, I was ganna upload some pictures but none work)
Uh...I finally saw Over the Garden Wall recently, that was awesome!

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Hey, here's a topic I guess!
(Oh, I was ganna upload some pictures but none work)
Uh...I finally saw Over the Garden Wall recently, that was awesome!
What's Over the Garden Wall?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What's Over the Garden Wall?
It was a miniseries on Cartoon Network, 10 episodes each 11 minutes about, so watching it all is like watching a movie pretty much, and its the story of two lost brothers wandering around a mysterious land meeting impossible creatures, like a talking bird, dancing skeletons, and even treacherous beasts!
Its really cute, nice blend of awesome humor with tense drama, has a fairytale charm I havent felt in years or appreciated for longer, and calls upon a very talented cast for beautiful musical numbers! Professional opera, jazz, lovely lovely stuff! It really is a wonderful piece of work they did!
I think it continues as a comic to this day maybe...?

De Wolfe

Smash Cadet
Don't know if anyone else does this with Villager but I've recently started firing my Lloids in the opposite direction of my opponent whenever they get near me or are trying to tech chase/combo me after they've landed a ground or air hit.

Most of the cast in this game have moves with lots of forward momentum or potential to quickly side switch and in general alot of players like to get to the other side of villager quickly to avoid the usual lloid threat. When you start firing Lloids off behind you in anticipation of this it really messes with people I find. Yeah you're gonna trade off in alot of cases but it can be useful if you absolutely need to get out of pressure at all costs. Theres alot of upclose situations where firing of a forward facing lloid is definitely not gonna hit because its not active as soon as it comes out, so if you're absolutely sure you're gonna get dash grabbed or something, a backwards facing lloid can have potential to interrupt the opponent. Alot of people end up dashing into them more I find and also getting their natural combos locked off by the Lloid.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
It was a miniseries on Cartoon Network, 10 episodes each 11 minutes about, so watching it all is like watching a movie pretty much, and its the story of two lost brothers wandering around a mysterious land meeting impossible creatures, like a talking bird, dancing skeletons, and even treacherous beasts!
Its really cute, nice blend of awesome humor with tense drama, has a fairytale charm I havent felt in years or appreciated for longer, and calls upon a very talented cast for beautiful musical numbers! Professional opera, jazz, lovely lovely stuff! It really is a wonderful piece of work they did!
I think it continues as a comic to this day maybe...?
It's also a different interpretation of Dante's Inferno.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Oh man, I haven't posted in this (or any, for that matter) thread in a while. I blame school and near-crippling social anxiety.

Anyway, I'm currently trying to get better at Villager, but my dorm's wifi is being very difficult and, while it lets my Wii U connect to the internet, use the Eshop, etc., it completely fails to connect to other consoles. Most of the time. So, what would you guys suggest the best way to train as Villager using the offline modes is? All-star mode? Many, many matches against level 9 CPUs? Classic mode? Crazy orders? I'm mostly trying to stop going into 'auto-pilot' whenever I pick up the controller, but in general what do you guys think would be the best?

Also, is DIRTBUS still in? I can't seem to pull it off, but, then again, I never could before.

A few weeks ago I manged to get a hold of two of the Japanese Reprint Villager Amiibos (the ones with the correctly sized face, but large forehead) off of Amazon, and I have the eventual goal of turning one of them into my new and totally super cool icon (the pose might not be an option, but I'll be sure to post the results when I finish). IDK if this is the best place to ask (so if any of you can direct me to a better source, please do so), but do any of you happen to know if the Villager Amiibo is hollow? If so, which parts? I'd guess maybe the head, but I'm kinda hoping for the shirt to be as well. And for that matter, which sections are glued together, and which are continuous pieces of plastic? I think that it's hair, head, shirt, arms (2 pieces), shorts, legs (2 pieces) and leg supports (2 pieces), but I'd like conformation before I try to take it apart.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, I'm more of a casual so what I always do is (since my sister, the only other person who is in my life day to day and wants to play Smash, though not against me) play against CPUs that range from level 5-8. I personally can't beat level 9s yet.

But if you're competitive I would think going on classic or all star on a high difficulty would work.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Get people from your dorm to play. They don't have to be high-level, just people willing to play/learn and you can tell them every read you get from them to try to correct it.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Hey guys , im a ranked wario main from NorCal , my tag is C4. I'm looking to get some MU practice against villager as he/she is very hard for me to handle. I'm looking for some very experienced villager mains to play some wifi matchs in the near future, I need to be in top shape for Genesis 3 , which means I really need to practice the MU that give me the most trouble, you guys being one of them LOL Anyways PM me or reply if you'd like to play some matchs in the future!

Last edited:

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Hey guys , in a ranked wario main from NorCal , my tag is C4. I'm looking to get some MU practice against villager as he/she is very hard for me to handle. I'm looking for some very experienced villager mains to play some wifi matchs in the near future, I need to be in top shape for Genesis 3 , which means I really need to practice the MU that give me the most trouble, you guys being one of them LOL Anyways PM me or reply if you'd like to play some matchs in the future!
Hit up the Villy discord group! We'd love to play some games with you.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh I got a message about the Villager discord! I meant to reply that Id try and check it out when I was less busy but I never got around to it and worried if I hurt feelings! So if the discord members are listening...sorry!!

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Greetings Villager boards! I'm interested in picking up Villager. I'm currently playing Yoshi, and I've been told that my strengths with the character lie in my spacing/zoning with eggs. Since the Yosh has a couple pretty rough MUs with high tiers, I think Villager would be a more suitable competitive main for me, and the Yoshi style I use would probably transfer well. We'll see how this goes! :upsidedown:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
What's up, possibly dying sub forum? I'm BC a Villager player from Houston TX. Better late than never I suppose. Haven't used Smashboards much really since Brawl was relevant.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Any activity is good activity I s'pose.
I get the feeling that most Villagers just haven't really been playing much recently, or discovering new stuff.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I haven't honestly. I've actually been practicing up on melee for a few days. I play Smash 4 every friday at our school's Smash Club, so that's where I get most of my 4 practice. I could do anther's ladder more often, but I'm too lazy. :p

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Thanks! Sorry there's not much to talk about I guess, Villager just doesnt get many changes. I guess I've been using the timber wood thing for edgeguards more often though, how do you guys like to use it?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Thanks! Sorry there's not much to talk about I guess, Villager just doesnt get many changes. I guess I've been using the timber wood thing for edgeguards more often though, how do you guys like to use it?
Throw it at an enemy then jump up and pocket it when it bounces off of them. Just like to keep it for a bit of extra chip (off the old block) damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom