• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Booigi1010

Smash Rookie
Indeed. There is nothing you can do to forcibly make a villager leave.

The best action is inaction; if they plan to move out and you talk to them, it could cause them to stay.
Yeah one time a villager walked up to me and said "I'm moving" I was like " See ya later" because I don't care for them much. Then they were like, "Never mind I'm staying" and I was like what. Oh well, I'm the mayor of this town and so I expect you to listen to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To all those who own Animal crossing: New Leaf, I need your help.

During my game, I'm planning to erase my town, because I realized that my house is not well-positioned (too close to my river...).

And as a result, while I'm resetting my town, is there any very kind players who could keep all my possessions in his town until August 28-September 4 ?

FYI, I have "only" 70 furnitures to temporarily move.

Thank you in advance.

Hong

The Strongest
Whenever I see Villager's trailer, I wince a bit when I see all those trees planted next to each other and next to a building.

"No! Stop! It won't work that way. D: "

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whenever I see Villager's trailer, I wince a bit when I see all those trees planted next to each other and next to a building.

I've been working in my New Leaf and I've been cursing on tree placements in one particular are where I put a Cafe and the campsite next to each other...

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded the demo on Saturday and I've mostly been playing as Villager. I've been looking forward to playing as them since they were first announced, but now that I've actually had the chance to play as them I'm absolutely sold.

I think my favourite aspect of Villager so far is their edge-guarding game. They have plenty of great options both from the stage and off the stage, especially since their awesome recovery basically means they never have to worry about not being able to make it back. I'm looking forward to giving Villager a try in my local competitive scene once I get there.

Though I have to say that if we're talking about costumes, my favourite Villager has to be this one:

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
All my hard work in New Leaf paid off, I was able to buy 5 demo codes purely with bells on Friday lol. Blue rose business is lucrative guys. I pretty much have an infinite amount of wealth from selling those. Naturally that means I'm committed to maining Villager forever.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Camp, camp and camp. Actually I'd like to know this as well. I think I'm decent with him, but I don't really know honestly.
I don't know. I mean, I know I need to improve on the slingshot, but I want to know if I can improve (since I want to at least have one main going into the full game. Currently the only main I have is Mario, and it'd be nice to pick up someone else).

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Villager is not a easy character to jump into.

Camp all day seems straight forward but when it comes to applying pressure/rushdown I feel lost with him right now.

Shog

Smash Ace
The Dash Attack is love, the Dash Attack is life. Seriously it is like a superior Mario Fireball offstage. I love it. Also the whole DownB is really good.
What I love about Villager the Killager is that he has a lot of option in nearly each situation which might give him an upperhand. If the enemy is far away you have the Timber moves and projectiles, if the enemy tries projectiles you can pocket them, which also is like a sidestep. Close-Range Villager has some decentish tilts and jabs, while forward and backwards air are another spacing attacks(or however you call them)
Villager is really versatile :) I can't wait for the brown eyed alt which looks like my villager in New Leaf to play with.

SmashHypeTrain

Smash Rookie
With the demo out I get to try to master Villager even quicker and get to know the 3DS controls. Ive gotten fairly good so far, hoping to get even better though. Iève been a huge fan of Animal Crossing as well and itès nice to finally be able to play with the spoon eyed freak! :)

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I don't know. I mean, I know I need to improve on the slingshot, but I want to know if I can improve (since I want to at least have one main going into the full game. Currently the only main I have is Mario, and it'd be nice to pick up someone else).
Yeah so far Mario and Villager are my "demo" mains. My problem is approaching the opponent. After that, I'm in business but i struggle with that. I found the Down-Smash being somewhat useful against human players. But CPU's are able to escape incredibly fast. His net isn't a good option upon entry either. . . I've been using the Lloid Rocket and his Nair. But I think there's a better way to approach, I just can't figure it out.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah so far Mario and Villager are my "demo" mains. My problem is approaching the opponent. After that, I'm in business but i struggle with that. I found the Down-Smash being somewhat useful against human players. But CPU's are able to escape incredibly fast. His net isn't a good option upon entry either. . . I've been using the Lloid Rocket and his Nair. But I think there's a better way to approach, I just can't figure it out.
Have you tried U-Tilt or a Dash Attack? Maybe even D-Tilt?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Have you tried U-Tilt or a Dash Attack? Maybe even D-Tilt?
U-Tilt is good for combos, but very punishable if shielded. It's range isn't as bad as many claim and I think it's a very overlooked move with a surprising amount of KO potential. Dash Attack is very punishable, probably your worst option. However, it's good for edge guarding. D-Tilt is probably the best out of the 3. Good combo starter and the hit box is also surprisingly big. Short hopping Nair seems to be the best approach as of now. Well, at least in my experiences. Use Lloid from a distance, then chase your opponent on foot. Nair has the least amount of landing lag, and seems that it has almost none. Sling shot is extremely good for edge guarding. I've seen some impressive KO's from that. My timing is a bit off as of now though.

Askin how to play Villager well seems like vaulting way over the gun, don't you think? The full game isn't out stateside and even when it drops we're still gonna have to wait a few months for the meta to develop properly

That being said I've have the most success approaching with SHNair and retreating SHFair. I use Lloid very sparingly, except when I've got offensive momentum to keep applying pressure or sometimes when I'm recovering and need to get some breathing space from an edgeguarder. Dash attack is really punishable since its telegraphed easily, ideally it should be used out of something like Ftilt at low percents. Speaking about Ftilt, it has horrible lag on block so you really should only ever be throwing that out to hit with the tip.

Dtilt is pretty good because of its surprising range, but its sort of risky on block. Utilt is an amazing KO move and probably one of Villager's most reliable, not counting something like point-blank Bair or the first hit of Nair

I only plant the tree after a KO or at the start of the match depending on my spawn point and the matchup. Typically a tree is best between the middle and edges of a stage, but it varies on the matchup and what you're needing from the tree based on the player themselves. Like if you find yourself being forced offstage often then an edge tree is a pretty good idea for pushing the opponent away from the edge and absorbing projectiles and short ranged hits. Even then I mostly plant it for the axe and to get a piece of timber

Last edited:

KAB1

Smash Apprentice
I spam Lloid to put pressure on my opponent. Every second of the game I have Lloid out. I full hop fair to catch people jumping over Lloid, but sometimes I stay grounded after Lloid is out and try to grab them if they shield or roll through. When I go aggressive I use dair. It's a great move I feel, especially when used in conjunction with Lloid assuming they don't double jump over.

I find timber to be most useful when the opponent is someone who recovers low. If they are sent far and I'm near the edge already, I often find time to plant and chop a tree over the ledge. I think that it is better than dropping the bowling ball due to the tree's bigger size and slower falling speed. If I can set this up, it almost always results in a kill on someone like mario or link. Still experimenting with using the tree in the neutral game.

For KO moves, I like dtilt, utilt, and up smash. The problem is these are punishable moves, so I don't try to force them. Ofentimes I will kill with a three turnip dair or uair, which is safer but less reliable. Lastly, I agree with Indigo Jeans on ftilt; you should try to space it well. It is a good move to punish opponents as it is pretty quick to come out and has nice range.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I asked this elsewhere but here might be a better place, is anyone good with creating town tunes? id love one based on Villager's fanfare! the original AC theme is so good<3

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Didn't know where else to post this.

This is interesting.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
My friend was a straight A student, always asleep by 9, and never abused his dog, until he met Villager. He got the smash 4 demo and that's when everything changed. Something about villager made him view the world differently and do anything possible to cause harm to himself and others. Ever since his turn he's been doing a little cocaine usage, abusing his dog, Taco, and threatening to kill me constantly. Also a little kleptomania because he saw villager's new steal move. Is there any fix to this or do I just have to let it run its course? Have any of you experienced this or am I alone. Serious comments only please.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Did I give you permission to move my post?

How about next time I move your life from your body?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

If you haven't made this your town tune yet you need to get on it
Excuse me? I have a question. WHAT WAS THAT!?

I have a feeling that was a joke. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Brickbuild101 Brickbuild101

While this is a social thread, you are still advised to avoid double posting. I've fixed it this time, but in the future, Edit to make additions.

Thanks. :)

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
My friend was a straight A student, always asleep by 9, and never abused his dog, until he met Villager. He got the smash 4 demo and that's when everything changed. Something about villager made him view the world differently and do anything possible to cause harm to himself and others. Ever since his turn he's been doing a little cocaine usage, abusing his dog, Taco, and threatening to kill me constantly. Also a little kleptomania because he saw villager's new steal move. Is there any fix to this or do I just have to let it run its course? Have any of you experienced this or am I alone. Serious comments only please.
Oh my...

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
< Not a villager main, but I'm so sick of the AI reading commands. The next time I see a Lvl 9 Mario Cape a Point-Blank F/Bair, I'm going to rage.

subata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3368-2147-2073
my favorite villager alt? the yellow one, mainly for his resemblance to my new leaf character, but also due to him being the only one without a default look from city folk, (his default shirt in city folk is the yellow paw shirt thing, and has the same hair as the default smash villager.)
the other one i'll probably use is the purple alt, resembling my city folk character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom