• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Venus's Overall SSBB Thread (Warning: Lots of Pics!)

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Ah, yes, thank you for bringing my attention back to that.

I was just curious to see what your thoughts were on the moves for the Pokemon that have yet to be announced. Also, what are you thoughts on Midna?

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
I'm astounded by the amount of work thats gone into this. I love many of the predictions, your items and stages in particular; your charcter predictions aren't too "out there" either, and have only 1 qualm about the whole thing.

Many of your new characters follow a far too generic template, if you remove the descriptions which make it match only their charcter(ie. uses lightbeams), they are all relatively the same. SSBM is set apart by characters with ENTIRELY different movesets(aside the clones,but thats the whole point of a clone) yoshi has no up-b,mewtwo has a stun as a down-b, even the aerials of each character hit in a unique way(some are poorly implemented but thats kind of inevitable) Even your final smashes tend to be somewhat generic, try something far out that some might hate but others love!

Personally I see Krystal with a moveset which involves alot of Juggling/multihit single attacks like staff spins. And Wolf more of a "lunging" style of gameplay.However their moves are entirely a matter of opinion, and yours are not rediclous or poorly implemented, I would simply like to see more variance between characters, things which make them unique(even if it makes them arguably bad, lol yoshi, someone will love them for it)

Anyway, Great job and keep up the amazing work! sorry bout the laptop going emo on ya.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah, yes, thank you for bringing my attention back to that.

I was just curious to see what your thoughts were on the moves for the Pokemon that have yet to be announced. Also, what are you thoughts on Midna?
I would love see Midna playable in Brawl. However, I decided to go with WW Link on several reasons. 1) He seems to be more popular in regards to Midna, 2) you have the entire Midna and Midna/Wolf-Link debate, and 3) WW Link is able to fill the spot left by Young Link.

Myself personally would rather see both Midna and Wolf Link. I could see alot of intresting attacks used by both characters. Maybe like a foward smnash where Midna takes her hand and slams it into a opponent or use it as a grab. A running sash could be Wolf-Links running dash in the game.

fearthesmash said:
I'm astounded by the amount of work thats gone into this. I love many of the predictions, your items and stages in particular; your charcter predictions aren't too "out there" either, and have only 1 qualm about the whole thing.

Many of your new characters follow a far too generic template, if you remove the descriptions which make it match only their charcter(ie. uses lightbeams), they are all relatively the same. SSBM is set apart by characters with ENTIRELY different movesets(aside the clones,but thats the whole point of a clone) yoshi has no up-b,mewtwo has a stun as a down-b, even the aerials of each character hit in a unique way(some are poorly implemented but thats kind of inevitable) Even your final smashes tend to be somewhat generic, try something far out that some might hate but others love!

Personally I see Krystal with a moveset which involves alot of Juggling/multihit single attacks like staff spins. And Wolf more of a "lunging" style of gameplay.However their moves are entirely a matter of opinion, and yours are not rediclous or poorly implemented, I would simply like to see more variance between characters, things which make them unique(even if it makes them arguably bad, lol yoshi, someone will love them for it)

Anyway, Great job and keep up the amazing work! sorry bout the laptop going emo on ya.
Thanks for taking the time and reading my thread :3 I know it is alot to read but I do appreciate.

When I pick characters, I go either by how popular they are or how unique they are. Obviously Ridley is both popular AND unique however Lip isn't as popular but I believe unique. In some cases, the characters are a tad bit biased.

I appreciate your thoughts on the movesets. I do agree with yopu that they are pretty generic at times. I some times get into a real writers block and can fdigure out something intresting. I do plan to, when I get all the characters up there, to revamp the entire movesets (which I do time to time) and add or remove stuff. As well, I will update characters more extensively and fine tune thier movesets. The reason why I added movesets to EVERY character is to make it more unique to the other "wishlists" or "predictions threads".

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think it should be edited so your roster is in one huge picture also (The current one.) Anyhow good job nontheless and amazing job at it , I remember your comment on the "Ask me a character and i will tell you if he's in" XD XD XD I pm'ed you it , Anyhow amazing job nontheless.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have been meaning on getting a large picture and posting it up of the roster but....I just haven't got around to it yet.

We would have a new update this morning. I had it all typed out last night when, of course, as I was about finished. I pushed the back button on the keyboard and lost everything I wrote. I just not start saving it on the home computer.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I have been meaning on getting a large picture and posting it up of the roster but....I just haven't got around to it yet.

We would have a new update this morning. I had it all typed out last night when, of course, as I was about finished. I pushed the back button on the keyboard and lost everything I wrote. I just not start saving it on the home computer.
That stinks >_< Anyhow hopefully you can get around to the roster picture soon :).

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I finally completed it.

10/21 - Update #12

I am sorry but no more new characters as of right now. Because of my laptop being done and my ability to not find a successful external hard drive enclosure kit, I cannot access those files. However, for a secret, we have one more veteran and more more newcomer left! So, to hold you over, here are some stages, items, ATs, pokemon, and Sub-Space boss info!

Game: Nazo no Murasame-jō
Type of Level: Multi-Platformed, Knock-Off, Hazards
Size of Level: Large

The secret and dangerous Murasame castle comes to life in this large and tall stage. Brave the traps, possessed samurai, and deadly arrows. The main level is set between two large buildings that are four stories tall. Each building has a entrance point facing the other so you can go in each room. However, take care because some of the rooms do not have a back to them so you may walk off! On each story is a roof that you can stand on. On occasion, a archer will shoot a arrow tied to string which spans across the gap. Players can then walk on it. The top roof goes into a point at the top. Since this is a mysterious castle, there are many hazards. Sometimes, a possessed samurai will come and slice you to pieces. Archers will also periodically shoot flaming arrows from the background. As well, there are certain traps that you can trigger. Sopme are a barrage of arrows that rain down, a trap door that leads to the bottom, kunai or daggers being flung from one side to another or a log tied to a rope comes swinging down from a building. All set to a very traditional Japanese folk piece.

Tetris
Game: Tetris (NES)
Type of Stage: Knock-Off, Hazards
Size: Small

Ahh, the nostalgia of tetris. What could be better then doing battle within it’s box as tetris pieces threaten to bury you? Nothing I guess. Brawl your way as you try and defeat your opponents before tetris defeats you. Also, the only way to be ko’ed is through an opening at the top so this is a excellent combo and mayhem stage. Tetris pieces will also come down and, if you are not careful, bury you. In order to avoid this, attack the pieces so they fly away elsewhere. You can also pick them up and throw them at your opponents. Don’t worry though, the blocks won’t bury everyone. The stage will reset when it gets half-full.

Mario Galaxy
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Type of Stage: Knock-Off, Multi-Platformed, Moving, Hazards
Size: Large

Based off from the upcoming Wii game, Super Mario Galaxy comes one of the most unique and bizzare stages in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Everyone first starts off on four medium sized planets. After a bit, the stage begins to move and the planets are left behind. You must jump from planets to planets as they appear to avoid being left behind. However, there is more to that. Much more. Certain planets contain lesser or greater gravity then others. Smaller planets have heavier gravity while larger ones have smaller. In order to escape the gravity, you must either be knocked off with a heavy attack or do a double jump. However, the gravity affects how you move on the planet. Obviously, a smaller planet will weigh you done a lot more and restrict your movements while a larger one appears more floaty and less traction As well, some planets have themes to them. If you land on a fiery planet, take care to get off it or it will explode. Some planets are frozen and you cause you slip around. Lastly, some planets have noxious fumes which could cause you to fall asleep.

When you are moving planet to planet, make sure you have enough momentum to make it to a next planet. If you do not, you could go floating in space until your are knock-off the stage. One way is to use an attack that will propel you elsewhere, be attacked, or come into contact with a physical object. If you don’t, you keep on moving in one direction. Also be careful of asteroids that may come and knock you around in outer space or smash you as you stay on a planet.

Hyrule Castle
Game: Super Smash Bros.

Ahh Hyrule Castle. Back in all it’s glory, it’s tornado, and it’s largeness. Battle on this veteran stage as you did many ages past.

Saffron City
Game: Super Smash Bros.

The city of Saffron comes to life in this veteran SSB stage. However, the pokemon who appears are quite different. This time around Feraligater, Houndor, Haunter, Spheal, and Starly appear.

Fountain of Dreams
Game: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Basically unchanged from the original.

Waluigi
Game: Mario Tennis
Waluigi snickers and runs across the stage. He begins chucking out bombs as he runs. He then stops, picks at his mustache, laughs, and disappears.

Hector
Game: Fire Emblem
Hector appears and jumps high in the air and slams down his axe. He then executes multiple axe swings forward. He then hoists his axe onto his shoulder and laughs.

Dry Bones
Game: Mario Bros.
Dry Bones appears and summons a pile of bone sin the sky above a player. He then lets them loose and they come crashing down onto the player thus burying them.

Metagross
Attack: Meteor Smash: Metagross powers up, builds up energy, and begins using it’s strong arms to punch an opponent. It then gathers mor energy and slams himself into the opponent.

Magmortar
Attack: Lava Plume: Magmortar gathers energy in his cannon and lets lose cause a solid lava pillar to shoot from his cannon. It stays for a small duration of time and then disappears.

Elekid
Attack: Shock Wave: Elekid begins rotating it’s arms widely which cause electricity to build up. He is then surrounded by a sphere of electricity which will electrocute anyone who goes near it.

Oil Slick
Game: SSBB

This item appears as a bottle of oil. Squirt this on the ground and you will have characters slipping and sliding all over the place. It is highly effective if people run over it since they could flying off the edge.

This time works a bit like the Slow-Mo Melee however, it’s an item. The catch is it will decrease the reaction rate of all the players save for yours. Think of the “bullet time” in the Matrix. You are one step ahead of everyone else. This item lasts 30 seconds.

Video Camera
Game: SSBB

What is a video camera doing in a Brawl? Well, filming of course. This item appears only once in a match. Once picked up, a player can literally video tape a brawl. It is like having Video mode in a random match. You can then, after the match, save or delete your video. If a opponent gets the video camera knocked out of his hands though, the video will end and the camera will blow up so be careful!
The Seven Generals are the leaders of their own factions within the Sub-Space Army. They govern there own realm however answer to the Ancient Magister. They are as follow:

Bowser

Ridley

Wolf

King Dedede

Ganondorf

Black Knight
(No Picture yet. Sorry!)
Claus

Each one governs there own realm within the Sub-Space and, depending how you choose your actions, your character may end up having to fight that character. They are much more stronger and smarter then thier playable counterparts and may perform attacks that the playable versions cannot. All seven generals have control both thier franchise realm enemies and subspace army enemies. For instance, Bowser has control over both Goombas and Sub-Space Army enemies and Ganondorf has control over Bolbas and Sub-Space Army enemies. The Seven Generals obey Ancient Migster’s will so you have to wonder if the Ancient Magister has them under his control. We will see.

Thanks for reading!

BlackKnight76

Smash Apprentice
If not mind-controlled by the minister, we'd have to assumed Dedede is under Dark Matter's control.......

....again

That would be an interesting fight methinks.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You = new sakurai (JK XD.)
Anyhow good job so far , I like the new update..And that's interesting about "Stronger than there playable counterpart" :D.
To me, that made more since they are literally, a end boss.

I would also like to note that these are only ideas by me. I by no means consider myself Sakurai. However, to determine what items, ATs, stages, characters to add I do try and think like Sakurai would.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
To me, that made more since they are literally, a end boss.

I would also like to note that these are only ideas by me. I by no means consider myself Sakurai. However, to determine what items, ATs, stages, characters to add I do try and think like Sakurai would.
That will be a long boss :chuckle:.
Anyhow as in being a sakurai , I mean by how a lot of your ideas are unique ;)( Like his.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know. It was more of a blanket statement since people love to say "Oh, well thank you Sakurai" or "Who are you? Sakurai?" It wasn't directed towards you.

Though I should email him about the Zombie Pill idea haha. I would to see a zombie version of Snake, Pikachu, Kirby, and Ice Climbers haha.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
IMO, the galaxy stage should be a mind-bending planet stage, where the stage platform is circular, and has personal gravity. Imagine fighting upside down. Yeah. That would be epic.
And far simpler than four planets, to boot.
Oooh, I have a suggestion: The Whoa Zone, from Super Paper Mario!
I really hope there's a Tetris stage, as the home front for the best character ever, L-Block.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hmm...I was hoping a descibed it well enough - the Mario Galaxy stage. What I was invisioning is a Rainbow Cruise type stage (from Melee). Characters hop from planet to planet as your travel through space.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
11/07 Update #13

I GOT A NEW COMPUTER!!!!

This one took a while to compile and I added a few things here and there. I hope you enjoy it! A new outside of this post:

- I am putting what I write outside the update in red however the update itself is in regular color for easier reading.

Marth
One of the most well-known and iconic Fire Emblem character returns in the Brawl. However, he is a bit more revamped in both skills and abilities. For once, his Counter ability is exchanged for a new one - Sword Alpha. Marth will hold up his sword in front of him. A light will shine and anyone in front of Marth in his area will be sliced by a whole bunch of unseen blades. Marth does not necessarily need to be right next to the opponent but at least 4 Marht bodies away for it to be effective.

Personal Thoughts: I love Marth. Alot. Even though I did like playing as Roy, Marth has always been a awesome character through the Smash perspective. I wanted to change him from Ike so that's why I changed his down B.

Stage: N/A (Thoughts appreciated)

Final Smash: Singing Blade: Marth will touch his sword and a light will envelope him. He will then extent his hand revealing 6 blades of light. Using the main sword, you can use any of Marth's attacks however, instead of one blade attacking, it's six of them. They trail behind the main sword. As well, their are some interesting things to try with the sword. If you run, the sword trail behind you. Anyone can be hit by these swords. Aslo time your attacks so you can get a group of your opponents together because once hit by the main sword, it's hard to out of the rest.

Ray 01
It was hard deciding which Ray model to choose from but I went with this one because: 1) it's awesome looking, 2) it's well known in North America, and 3) the most popular. I do not think detailed is really a issue. I mean look at Snake, Bowser, Samus, Fox, Ike, Link, and Zelda. Each character has high amounts of detail in them. While Ray 01 does have a bit more, I do not believe it out of reach for Sora Ltd. Ray 01 would be sluggish when moving but fairly fast when he activates his rocket boosters for attacks. Both his melee and projectiles are powerful as well. He also has some of the best jumping ability since every second jump activates his rocket boosters momentarily.

Stage: None

Moveset:

A, A = Punch, Slash
Punches once and then steps forward and slashes with his Blade Gun.
A (Hold) = Depth Charge
Continuously shoots out explosives from his blade gun
Side A = Mid-Thrust
Steps forward and uses a booster in his arm to propel his stab faster.
Down A = Knee Cannon
Puts up his knee and a plasma bolt fires out.
Up A = Electro-Field
Can be used as a fast shield as well, Ray 01 shoots off a electro-field upwards.
Air A = Arial Dance
Turns two times in the air with his blade out.
Air Side A = Electric Blade
Swings his blade forward while enveloped with electricity.
Air Down A = Kick Booster
Uses his boosters to increase the speed of a downward kick.
Air Up A = Orbiter
Uses three small droids to circle around him briefly which then can hit opponents.
Running A = Lighting Flash
Uses his boosters and flies forwards encased with lighting.
Side Smash = Dual Punch
Reels back and then punches the opponent followed by a booster in his arm for a second, more powerful attack.
Down Smash = Ray Cutter
Reels back and a energy travels from Ray 01 on the ground for a short distance. Resembles a sharp knife or blade traveling on the ground.
Up Smash = Discharge
Reels back and releases three energy bolts from his shoulders upwards.

B = Gatling Gun
Pulls out a large Gatling gun and begins firing. Hold down B to continue the fire. However, after around 40 shots, the gun overheats and remains unusable for 50 seconds.
Side B = Spearhead
Ray 01 fires his blade from his arm. It is attached by a electrical cord and will travel for some distance (about as far as Samus’ regular missile). Once it makes contact with an opponent, it will hold them. You can use forward B to throw them, zap them with electricity, reel them back in, slam them in the ground, or throw them up in the air. It depends on how many times you press B after it makes contact. It also has the tether ability.
Down B = Energy Well
Ray 01 will release a vast amount of energy thereby repelling opponents, projectiles, and attacks. As well, this can also stop you from flying of the stage. When you are knocked off, use this to halt yourself in midair. However, if you receive to much damage, down B cannot stop you in midair.
Up B= Barrage
Turns backwards and begins shooting off explosives which propels him upwards. He will shoot 6 shots and each time will propel him upwards.

Grab =
A = Zap (Zaps his opponent with electricity)
Front Throw = Uses his blade to strike three times and strikes a fourth which will knock the opponent away.
Back Throw = Throws the opponent down and uses his boosters to burn him up.
Up Throw = Uses his force field to propel the opponent upwards.
Down Throw = Throws the opponent down, and uses a electro-field to smash them into the ground.

Final Smash: Ultimate Ray: Ray 01 flies into the middle of the stage and transforms into a much more buffed and powerful version. Plus he has a large-*** nuclear gun. He points it downwards, gathers energy, and shoots delivering a powerful blue and green energy beam i.e. Zero Laser downwards. While this is not as powerful as Samus' Zero Laser, five streams of energy bursts up from the ground knocking opponents upwards. He regains his normal shape afterwards.

Kirby Hat: Ray 01's headgear and facemask
Stage Entrance: A portal appears and Ray 01 appears and Ray 01 steps out.
Taunt: (1) Ray 01 takes his gun and ***** it.
(2) Ray 01 touches a screen on his arm and a voice says "Maximum Output Full".
(3) Ray 01 thrusts his hand above his head.
Victory Pose: (1) Points his guns several ways and then ***** it.
(2) Stars tapoping away at his wrist and several screens come out; one displaying the main character of Custom Robo.
(3) A whole cache of items appears and Ray 01 starts looking at them.
Alternate Costumes: Black main body. Yellow, blue, and green color scheme. Blue main body. Red, black,. and white color scheme. Red main body. purple, light blue, and silver color scheme.

Pico
Game: F-Zero
Pico will uses a paralyzing gun and fire it. Anyone who is hit is trapped in a electrical cage. While the attack doesn't add damage, it does trap you for 25 seconds.

General Scales
Game: Star Fox
He will run forward and begin slashes at you multiple times. He will then pick up the opponent and slam you on the ground.

Annie
Game: Custom Robo
Annie appears and flies high into the sky. She then releases her laser and directs it across the stage with high damage.

Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright
Game: Kirby
Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright appear. They begin moving about in the sky until Mr. Moon is in front of Mr. Bright. This casts a shadow on the stage. Everyone must get to this small area before Mr. Shine leaves and Mr. Bright causes everyone to have fire damage.

Soren
Game: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Soren appears and will immediately begin casting one of four spells. He can cast a wind spell which fires a chaotic moving tornado down the stage. The fire spell will send a diagonal flaming down crashing down on the stage. It will impact and fire will spring up from the stage. His water spell cause a geyser to spring up from under one person and then erupt. His last spell, a earth one, will cause stalagmites to run forward from the stage.

Midna
Game: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Midna teleports in and grabs an opponent with her giant hand-head thing. She then begins slamming the opponent back and forth a couple of times. It then winds back and throws the opponent off the stage.
Game: Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
When worn, it knocks off 50% damage of a attack received. It can be knocked off however and lasts for 25 seconds.

Infernape
Attack: Close Combat: Infernape will surround himself in fire and jump on the opponent delivering a flying kick. It will then delivers few punches followed by a roundhouse kicks and then a flying uppercut.

Diglett
Attack: Dig: Diglett will pop up and then go underground. Pretty soon, it will pop up underneath a player. If hit, that player will get shot up. Right after that, several more Diglett pop up, knocking whomever up. In, all 6 Diglett show up.

Togekiss
Attack: Wish: Togekiss will hover above the battleground. Light will begin to glow around the player who summoned it and their allies. After about 20 seconds, they will have thier damage meters down to 0%. However, during the time before that, they can be attacked so if you are fighting someone who summoned Togekiss, try KOing them as soon as possible.

Regice
Attack: Ice Beam: Will gather energy and releasing a freezing Ice Beam that slowly travels across the stage. Anyone who touches it is frozen automatically.

Registeel
Attack: Hammer Arm: Registeel will rush froward and punch the opponent. The opponent is stunned and Registeel teleports above them and brings it's enlarged hand downwards with devastating damage.

Regirock
Attack: Stone Edge: Regirock stomps his feet which results a massive wall of earth shooting every which way.

Green Zone
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog
Type of Stage: Stationary, Knock-Off, Hazards, Multi-Platformed
Size: Small

With the inclusion of Sonic comes the new stage. Green Zone. Iconic to the Sonic franchise, the stage overs a interesting and unique feel for SSBB. The stage floats in the air. The main floating island a hill on the top that players can jump on top off. However, some parts of the hill can break apart and a hole opens up with spikes on the bottom. As well, at various points of the stage, a spring will appear. Sometimes they are on the ground which allows you to spring up higher. However, sometimes they will be horizontal so you spring forward. This can be good and bad since sometimes, it's pointed towards the edge of the stage. On occasion, floating floating springs will appear in the sky which you spring you downwards. To the left is a smaller floating island. The area has palm trees that you can stand on. On occasion, Badniks will pop out such as Motoras, Crabmeats, and Buzz Bombes. Overall, a fairly simple design however with the springs, the fighting can get faster.

Pokemon Gym
Game: Pokemon series
Type of Level: Stationary, Knock-Off, Hazards, Changing.
Size: Medium

A level that appears in Subspace, this is Pokemon Trainer's main level. While some may think it similar to the Pokemon Stadium II, it's a tad bit different. The stage itself is a tad bit smaller and less glamorous. As well, you see key Gym Leaders like Misty, Lt. Surge, Lance, and Sabrina on the sidelines. The stage is much smaller and the background is reminiscent of a gym in the anime. Much like PKMN Stadium II, the stage changes. There are: Water, Rock, Ghost, Grass, and Normal. However, they stages change less then PKMN Stadium II so you may play through 2 or 3 of them. As well, there are Pokemon hazards that affect the entire stage. In the rock stage, several pillars of rocks shoot upwards. Onyx will come crashing through knocking these pillars down or Graveler will chuck boulders at you. In the water stage, walls are put up and filled with water. There are two floating platforms. Seal will spray water at you and Gyrados will perform Dragon Rage. In the Ghost stage, a purple mist will envelope the stage. Haunter will appear and symbolize you for a short time. In the Grass stage, a dense forest will spring up. Oddish will prance around causing you to sleep and Exeggutor will perform egg bomb. In the normal stage, it is a grass land with some hills. Ratatta performs Super Fang and Kangaskahn does Comet Punch.

War Zone
Game: Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
Type of Level: Stationary, Knock-Off, Simple
Size: Medium
Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=9KS5J78vkXg

This is a very simple stage with no hazards and a straight-forward main stage. You fight on a plateau looking over the battle that is seen in one of the cut scenes of Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn. In the background, humans, dragons, cats, and eagles battle it out. Much like Battlefield, their a day and night cycle but the battle still wages on it. Fairly simple.

I will try and get the next update as soon as possible! This is the last of the newcomers. Unless I decide to add one more, Ray 01 was the last one.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I like ur characters idea and u did a very good job with the moveset

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Although I really did like your newcomer and Marth was okay, today's update was a big disappointment.

Midna as an AT? Of course I could see it but I would much rather have her as a PC. What Midna did wasn't that bad but, IMO, that was too little.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
As would I, however I see WW Link being more popular compared to Midna overall. I may be mistaken but that's how I see it. I personally would to see Midna and Wolf-Link in Brawl but the Triforce and one more character seems like a good number for LoZ reps.

I would love to see Midna do something like use the ancient magic and become that crazy *** super demon but that seems a bit to overpowered for a AT.

That's my reasoning. If you have a better idea for Midna, I would appreciate your thoughts.

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
For the seven generals you should have added other characters, i think claus and the black knight are mercenarys, they work only for themselves and you should add k.rool and a pokemon vilain (heck! put pikachu)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For the seven generals you should have added other characters, i think claus and the black knight are mercenarys, they work only for themselves and you should add k.rool and a pokemon vilain (heck! put pikachu)

The reason I used the Seven because they are the only playable villains so I found it appopriate to set them up as generals. As well, technically, they are villains they represent thier franchise. That is why I did not Deathborn or Zant. However, I do intend to add lesser bosses and yes, thier is a pokemon boss. He will be in the next update. As for K. Rool, I personally don't think he will be a playable character. maybe a boss but not a pc.

cityofgarbage

Smash Rookie
i think your ideas are great, and your thread is easily the most creative speculation i've seen. however, if you've played custom robo (and if you haven't ...you're really not missing much) most of the fighting in that game is centered around guns, bombs and pods and i think that ray's moves in brawl would probably reflect that. also at the beginning of a battle in custom robo, the robos are thrown out of cubes and then transform into themselves and that'd probably be his stage entrance.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
As would I, however I see WW Link being more popular compared to Midna overall. I may be mistaken but that's how I see it. I personally would to see Midna and Wolf-Link in Brawl but the Triforce and one more character seems like a good number for LoZ reps.

I would love to see Midna do something like use the ancient magic and become that crazy *** super demon but that seems a bit to overpowered for a AT.

That's my reasoning. If you have a better idea for Midna, I would appreciate your thoughts.
Well, I guess you can't satisfy everyone with you posts and I do agree that seeing WW Link in before Midna would be most logically. I, the other hand, would prefer a Midna solo, but I guess that's just me. I don't really see ATs as being overpowered. I think that there might be some really drastic ATs that we just haven't seen yet.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, I guess you can't satisfy everyone with you posts and I do agree that seeing WW Link in before Midna would be most logically. I, the other hand, would prefer a Midna solo, but I guess that's just me. I don't really see ATs as being overpowered. I think that there might be some really drastic ATs that we just haven't seen yet.
Well yeah, pokemon like Entei, Articuno, and proably Deoxys are generally overpowered so Midna does have a chance of being a amazing AT but let's hope she makes it into Brawl haha.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Togekiss should do Air Slash.
Other than that, awesome.
I thought something more passive would be appropriate for that pokemon. I was considering Air Slash or a similar attack but I was saving that for another flying-type pokemon.

Wow, alot more people posting in this thread! Thanks everyone for commenting your thoughts as well as reading this thread haha. For those who read the entire thing, kudos to you! I am pretty sure it took a while to.

I wanted to take some time and talk about some new clean-up notices:

- For each update starting now, I will do an extensive update on a single character: veteran or newcomer. This will entail character stats, move stats, how they will play during the game, and Subspace roll. I will start Mario.

- - I am going to re-work the character move sets. Look at each character more extensively and change/add/remove moves for better ones.

- Adding moveset damage ratios for more characters.

- I am working on a list of characters who I originally added in but took out, characters who I want in but obviously won't be in, and veteran characters whom I decided to take out. I will explain my reasonings behind why I chose what to do with them.

- Along the same lines, I will also put up reasonings behind defending the characters I chose to put in the roster.

Thanks again for taking the time (and effort ^_^ ; ) for reading and comment on my thread.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Umm... I somewhat dislike the Bowser Jr. moveset, so I am going out of my way to make an alternative.

A,A,A: A diagonal slash, then a horizontal, then a quick stab.

A>: A crescent slash, vertical.

AV: A circular sweep.

A^: A quick stab into the air.

SMASH A>: An overhead slam, with BJ jumping into the air.

SMASH AV: A powerful low sweep that hits twice.

SMASH A^: Sticking his brush into the ground, BJ spins around the top.

Nair: A bodily spin.

Fair: a crescent strike with the brush.

Bair: A drilling attack with the brush.

Dair: BJ lands back first, with his spikes portruding.

Uair: Three stabs into the air.

Dash: BJ does a sliding attack.

Grab A: BJ whacks the foe with the friendly end of his brush.

Grab>: BJ makes a rocket that sends the foe flying.

Grab<: BJ spins behind the foe and makes a boxing glove to push said foe away.

GrabV: Makes an anvil above the foe's head... you know what happens.

Grab^: BJ makes a spring under the foe, sending them flying.

B: Paintball- As long as you hold down B, BJ slowly makes a giant ball of multicolored paint until after five seconds or when you let go of B, BJ sends it flying, doing massive to little damage and pushback. You can also arc the trajectory using the control stick.

B^: Rainbow Run- BJ makes a rainbow that he runs on, and runs on it while making it longer. You can make it loop, spiral, and drop using the control stick. You can only run on it for five seconds, then BJ automatically jumps off of it.I t still damages of course, while looping an spiraling the path if they hit BJ.

BV: Imagination Swipe- BJ makes a quick swipe into the air, automatically holding any item, even a Smash Ball, or can be a dud, in the form of a sticky glove, where you cannot use any B moves, and you can pass it to others by attacking them. The results are always random, with the Sticky Glove and Smash Ball being the rarest.

B>: Brush Twirl- Bowser Jr. dashes forward while twirling his brush for three seconds. This can deflect any regular projectile, including Fox's lasers, Diddy's peanuts, and Bowser's breath, and any other thrown item. Only while this move spins, otherwise, it's a normaly multiple hitting attack.

Final Smash: Copycat- Transforms into any random character you are currently fighting. You retain their exact moveset, but with one added twist: you are faster, stronger, and jumps higher than the others.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I thought something more passive would be appropriate for that pokemon. I was considering Air Slash or a similar attack but I was saving that for another flying-type pokemon.
Hm.
I dunno, I would consider Air Slash to be Togekiss's signature move, but w/e...

Flying types that learn Air Slash:
Charizard (In Brawl)
Pidgeot
Scyther (Scizor > Scyther)
Farfetch'd
Crobat
Moltres
Noctowl
Skarmory
Swellow
Wingull (Pelipper > Wingull)
Masquerain
Tropius
Mothim
Togekiss
Yanmega

I'd prefer to see Jirachi use Wish, though.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Umm... I somewhat dislike the Bowser Jr. moveset, so I am going out of my way to make an alternative.

A,A,A: A diagonal slash, then a horizontal, then a quick stab.

A>: A crescent slash, vertical.

AV: A circular sweep.

A^: A quick stab into the air.

SMASH A>: An overhead slam, with BJ jumping into the air.

SMASH AV: A powerful low sweep that hits twice.

SMASH A^: Sticking his brush into the ground, BJ spins around the top.

Nair: A bodily spin.

Fair: a crescent strike with the brush.

Bair: A drilling attack with the brush.

Dair: BJ lands back first, with his spikes portruding.

Uair: Three stabs into the air.

Dash: BJ does a sliding attack.

Grab A: BJ whacks the foe with the friendly end of his brush.

Grab>: BJ makes a rocket that sends the foe flying.

Grab<: BJ spins behind the foe and makes a boxing glove to push said foe away.

GrabV: Makes an anvil above the foe's head... you know what happens.

Grab^: BJ makes a spring under the foe, sending them flying.

B: Paintball- As long as you hold down B, BJ slowly makes a giant ball of multicolored paint until after five seconds or when you let go of B, BJ sends it flying, doing massive to little damage and pushback. You can also arc the trajectory using the control stick.

B^: Rainbow Run- BJ makes a rainbow that he runs on, and runs on it while making it longer. You can make it loop, spiral, and drop using the control stick. You can only run on it for five seconds, then BJ automatically jumps off of it.I t still damages of course, while looping an spiraling the path if they hit BJ.

BV: Imagination Swipe- BJ makes a quick swipe into the air, automatically holding any item, even a Smash Ball, or can be a dud, in the form of a sticky glove, where you cannot use any B moves, and you can pass it to others by attacking them. The results are always random, with the Sticky Glove and Smash Ball being the rarest.

B>: Brush Twirl- Bowser Jr. dashes forward while twirling his brush for three seconds. This can deflect any regular projectile, including Fox's lasers, Diddy's peanuts, and Bowser's breath, and any other thrown item. Only while this move spins, otherwise, it's a normaly multiple hitting attack.

Final Smash: Copycat- Transforms into any random character you are currently fighting. You retain their exact moveset, but with one added twist: you are faster, stronger, and jumps higher than the others.
I do like that one as well. My only issues was the down B. I had trouble seeing that. From what I read it, Bowser Junior swipes his brush and gets a random item? That seems kinda borken if that's what you meant.

As well, his FS seems pretty cool but....not that massive. I mean, you look at most of the characters (with the exception of DK), their FS look massive, are massive, and does much more damage. Even Peach's does. However, Bowser Junior's doesn't though. That's my only thing. I do like the copycat ability. Maybe...he can perform any characters FS?? A tad bit broken but that would be pretty awesome.

Also, be careful throwing around the initials of Bowser Junior. I was reading it and had a double take after seeing "BJ" if you get what I meant haha.

Hm.
I dunno, I would consider Air Slash to be Togekiss's signature move, but w/e...

Flying types that learn Air Slash:
Charizard (In Brawl)
Pidgeot
Scyther (Scizor > Scyther)
Farfetch'd
Crobat
Moltres
Noctowl
Skarmory
Swellow
Wingull (Pelipper > Wingull)
Masquerain
Tropius
Mothim
Togekiss
Yanmega

I'd prefer to see Jirachi use Wish, though.
Yeah, I see your thing about Jiraichi. I will take a look. Do you have any suggestions?

smashbot226

Smash Master
Okay, well, I have an FS as a homage to Yoshi and Baby Mario's game.

HE TRANSFORMS INTO GIGA BOWSER JR!

Yes, it exists. BJ jumps into the background, grows to a huge size, and summons debris and fireballs to fall upon the stage. This continues for about thirty seconds and it ends.

Also, another BV idea.

Paintportal- BJ creates a hole in the ground that turns invisible after use, and if any foe walks/runs/lands on it, they are sucked in and launched into a random direction anywhere in the stage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
-
Okay, well, I have an FS as a homage to Yoshi and Baby Mario's game.

HE TRANSFORMS INTO GIGA BOWSER JR!

Yes, it exists. BJ jumps into the background, grows to a huge size, and summons debris and fireballs to fall upon the stage. This continues for about thirty seconds and it ends.

Also, another BV idea.

Paintportal- BJ creates a hole in the ground that turns invisible after use, and if any foe walks/runs/lands on it, they are sucked in and launched into a random direction anywhere in the stage.
I do remember that part when he transforms into a large version of himself. However, wouldn't that be to clonish as he is the s on of Bowser?

I do like that down B attack though.

Update #14 - 11/15/07

This is part of the last update that I wanted to put up but waited for the next update. As well, I explain why I put in characters but ended taking them out.

Peach's Castle
Ripped right out from Super Smash Bros. Melee is Peach's Castle. It remains basically the same.

Metal World
This one is the stage you fought Metal Mario at during the Classic mode in Super Smash. Bros 64. It remains entirely the same.
As you fight along during Subspace Emissary, you may encounter characters native to a represented franchise. While a character may encountered a enemy from the same franchise, it is not uncommon to see them overlap into another franchise.

Goomba
Franchise: Mario
Difficulty: *
Attacks: Runs into you
Fairly easy to kill. Two weak attacks, one large attack, or a jump on the head does this enemy in.

Thwomp
Difficulty: ***
Attacks: Comes crashing down on top of you
Invincible to any attacks. This enemy comes crashing down on you if you are not quick enough.

Paratroopa
This enemy flies around the stage, trying to run into you. A simple attack will put out their wings. Attack them once again to cause them to go back into thier shell.

Wiggler
Difficulty: **
Attacks: Will charge into you
This is a fairly peaceful enemy until it sees you. It will start stamping, turns red, and charges you. Jump on it three times to defeat it.

Shyguy
Franchise: Yoshi's Story
Difficulty: *-** (varies)
Attacks: Runs at you, throws spears at you, or shoots out fire.
This shyguy can attack you, throw spears, or shoot out fireballs. Be careful. A attack or two will defeat them.

Octorok
Franchise: Legend of Zelda
Attacks: Shoots out a rock at you.
This guy shoots out a rock right at you. If you use your bubble shield, it will break. Use a normal attack to swing the rock right back at the opponent.

Lizaflos
Difficulty: ***
Attacks: Spring at you with wide sweeping attacks, attacks with fangs and tail.
This is a harder enemy. It is really fast and quick. Be careful of it's sword. Deflect its attacks with your own to stun it and use a 3-5 hit combo to defeat it.

Waddle-Dee
Franchise: Kirby
A fairly simple enemy. It will run at you and try to hit you. Use two simple attacks or one large attack.

Shadow Assassin
Difficulty: ****
Attacks: Will run at you and punch or scratch you.
These are powerful enemies that are dropped from the sky. They come in 1-3 pairs. However, in order to be fully killed, you must not let one remain living or it will resurrect the others. The key is to attack them till they are at 40% health. Bring them all into a group and perform a powerful killing attack.

Nitpicker
Franchise: Ice Climbers
Attacks: Dive bombs you
These are pesky and fast birds that will dive bomb you. They can be taken down into one hit but they are fast so it's hard to get them.

Dynablade
Game: Kirby
Mario and Pit are off to reunite with Peach/Zelda and Kirby however, as they are flying (Mario is using a winged cap), they are attacked by Dynablade. Two Primid then fire Gravity Guns on them not allowing both Pit and Mario to jump or even fly. Dynablade will begin attacking the duo with dive bomb attacks. In some of them, he lowers his head and is invulnerable to frontal attacks. He can also uses a quick speed technique to dodge projectiles. Once you beat Dynablade, the gravity wears off and Mario and Pit go off to reunite with the rest.

Black Shadow
Game: F-Zero
Donkey Kong and Bowser get involved in an rumble and fall off the ledge leaving Diddy alone. He goes off to find DK but ends up meeting with Fox and fighting Rayquazza. Meanwhile, DK must do battle with Bowser. Before the battle ends though, Bowser is teleported by the Subspace army for urgent matters. DK trusting in Diddy’s abilities, goes in search of his banana horde. En route to it however, he is confronted by Black Shadow who desires the price on DK’s head. DK must first make it to a finish line while being attacked by Black Shadow in his racer. Afterwards, DK uses his Giant Punch attack to crush his vehicle and does battle with Black Shadow. Black Shadow uses quick and powerful punching attacks. He always uses something called Dark Mirror which ccounters an attack and leaves you momentarily blinded. Black Shadow is finally defeated and gives Donkey some interesting information regarding Subspace.

Giovanni
Game: Pokemon Red and Blue
Uses: Persian, Rhydon, and Nidoking
Giovanni appears in Subspace Emissary with his three main pokemon. Using Team Rocket, Giovanni is attempting to capture all the pokemon in SSBB. He is successful in capturing both Pikachu and Pichu and plans on using their combined electrical abilities for his own world dominating schemes. However, before he can get those going, his plans are foiled by Lucas who appears. Lucas then must fight against the boss of Team Rocket. Giovanni acts much like PKMN trainer in that he can switch out pokemon. However, unlike PKMN trainer, his pokemon do not tire. Persian is very quick and can perform pretty quick attacks. While Rhydon and Nidoking are mostly muscle. However, Rhydon does a lot of charging attacks while Nidoking does a lot of hand-to-hand attacks and using his large spikes. Once you defeat Giovanni, Pikachu and Pichu are set free and he escapes from on his helicopter. However, Lucas and Pikachu grab a ride on Togekiss and follow after him.

The male cheer leading squad that cheers that cheers their hearts out for those who need a moral boost. These guys were on Sakurai's poll at least twice. They would have a very unique move set and very fun to play as. They also were in the Sixth Update of this thread. I removed them because of roster size restrictions as well as a moveset that was hard to flesh out. I do hope they make it however, sadly, I had to remove them.

2) Midna
The female protagonist of the game Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess would make a awesome character; wolf-link or without. Her moveset will be really unique and interesting to see. As well, to play as her as would also be very interesting. When I looked at the popularity of both WW Link and Midna, I saw WW Link a tad bit more as well as Sakurai mentioning him in his polls.

3) At first, I included Ness and did not include Lucas. However, this was before I considered or even heard of Lucas. However, after the inclusion of Lucas, I decided to axe Ness. While he was a interesting character, Lucas seems to use the same attacks. That is why I axed Ness.

4. Kat and Anna
I originally added these characters to be in the same style of the Ice Climbers. However, I felt they would be way to clone-ish so I axed them. Even though they wouldn’t use ice attacks, the way they would move would be way to similar to the IC’s.

5. Ashley
I would love to see Ashley in Brawl. She’s a very interesting character and is just awesome. A lot of attacks could be based off her spells or dark magic. Plus she has my fiancé’s name haha. However, I only see Wario being the only WarioWare inclusion. As for Ashley’s song, I can her somehow being incorporated into Brawl but not as a playable character.

6. Lucario
I am well prepared to be flamed. For one, I don’t like Lucario so it’s a bit biased. However, the way I see it…we have pokemon everywhere. Pikachu, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle are the only ones confirmed but I do think Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are coming back. Plus we have poke balls….alots of them. I personally believe PK Trainer will essentially take Pichu’s place. I could see Lucario making it as a PC however, they would just add one more pokemon and I think there are other series that deserve at least one rep (panel de pon, custom robo, pikmin, etc)

7. Deoxys
I had this pokemon in my list until he was de-confirmed as a poke ball. However, I would of preferred this guy over both Mewtwo and Lucario. But he is de-confirmed.

8. Samurai Goroh
Alas, the assist trophies destroyed my idea that Samurai Goroh could make it into Brawl…therefore…

9. Black Shadow
I thought BS could take over Samurai Goroh’s villain spot. However, I decided to make this guy a boss rather then a PC. He would seem to much like a Captain Falcon clone.

10. Onox
I would love to see this character in Brawl. He was one of the first I added however I took him off after I began intensely developing my roster. He is a villain from a good but not as popular Zelda game thus his chances are very dim. I took him off to make room for more wanted fighters.

11. Veran
Another villain from the Zelda game. Same as Onox, she appeared early but was taken off early. I would like to see her but I would prefer much more better characters then here,

12. Fierce Deity Link
Talk about a broken character! He to originally appeared early however I decided one form of Link was enough so I axed him. However, I would love to this character in Brawl but I doubt it.

13. Lynn
I really wanted her in this game however she was de-confirmed as an Assist Trophy so I had to take her off.

14. Myrr
I thought she looked awesome so I added her in. However, I took her off shortly put make room for Micaiah. This was when I was oblivious on Fire Emblem characters.

15. Sukapon
I really wanted Sukapon to be in Brawl and after looking his popularity, I thought he would have a fair chance. However, after reading through some of Sakurai’s comments concerning Sukapon being in Melee and Brawl, I felt that while he could be in it - it is mostly unlikely.

16. Hikari and Donbe
When I first saw this trophy, I wanted to see them in a new Smash game. However, obviously thoughts change and I realized they would be exactly a Ice Climbers clone. Plus, to make room for more popular characters, I axed this pair.

17. General Scales
I have always liked this character. However, for him to be in Brawl was more of a wish of mine. I decided to replace him for a much more popular Wolf O’ Donnell.

18. Pico
Pico was added much later in my roster but was taken out fairly quickly. I tried working out a moveset for the alien but I couldn’t come up with a unique one. As well, Captain Falcon seems fine alone as the lone rep of his group. So I took off Pico.

19. Ayumi Tachibana
It pained me to take this character out but this one had obviously no chance to be a pc. However, she is (secretly) the one I wanted most. I thought she would be a awesome character to play as and very unique. However, more popular characters to her slot.

Thanks again for reading!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think Waddle Dee would be better of as an assist trophy *hides for cover* Wait, hear me out! Waddle Dee has always been sort of a running gag outside of the games (and even in some, in Kirby Superstar's Colosseum game, Waddle Dee appeared as his own boss), if there is to be a flop-AT like Goldeen, it should be Waddle Dee running ahead, very slightly hurting anyone he touches (so he's not as useless as Goldeen).

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I think Waddle Dee would be better of as an assist trophy *hides for cover* Wait, hear me out! Waddle Dee has always been sort of a running gag outside of the games (and even in some, in Kirby Superstar's Colosseum game, Waddle Dee appeared as his own boss), if there is to be a flop-AT like Goldeen, it should be Waddle Dee running ahead, very slightly hurting anyone he touches (so he's not as useless as Goldeen).
Well Waddle Dee is part of King Dedede's moveset so I doubt he'd be an AT.
A better Goldeen-like AT would be the Duck Hunt Dog. You would pick up an AT, and nothing happens. But when someone gets ko'd, he comes up in the background and laughs.

Ps: Venus, you can use that idea in your next update if you want. ^_^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well Waddle Dee is part of King Dedede's
moveset so I doubt he'd be an AT.
I know, but still. If Venus can mentioned him as a regular enemy, so I thought no one would really care. I'd love it if when a Waddle Dee landed, it would run around like it did in the games

A better Goldeen-like AT would be the Duck Hunt Dog. You would pick up an AT, and nothing happens. But when someone gets ko'd, he comes up in the background and laughs.
That is a very good idea. It would make younger gamers go "WTF!? Pixelated Nintendog!?", and us older gamers would just get pissed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Haha that would be funny. I do have the duck hunt dog incorporated in a duck hunt level but that would be good.

Top Bottom