• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VA smash

GENX

Smash Rookie
Uhh hey I guess I'm sort of new to all this. Not melee, but the forums (not that this is an introduction.)
Down to business and stuff I can't seem to find a bunch of smashfests or tourney's in VA. Help?

GENX

Smash Rookie
Roanoke. But I'm willing to drive a little. Not anything crazy though.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
HOLY **** !!! I LIVE IN ROANOKE TOO!!!

Basically, roanoke has no smash scene period. The closest smash scene near roanoke is Blacksburg/Radford, and its only active during the school year.

But seriously, we need to play melee sometime!! Im not really impressive though, still have Redd/KP teaching me and all.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Let's play one day this week, besides tomorrow (or today I guess) Wednesday? KP is in Korea and Mahone is moving to Delaware so... yep.

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
ok. I can do tommorow before 5:15pm or thursday, but im stuck in roanoke for now.(no money to get on a bus to go out where you are)

GENX

Smash Rookie
Uhhh that kind of shucks to hear. Roanoke is so boring already and doesn't have any smash? I want to play with people like M2K man! Imagine the thrill.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
in a few months you'll have dr peepee 2 hours away. until then though, you're kinda stuck lol.

and wtf mahones moving to delaware? i'm sad...

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
richmond is/was one of the better areas for smash. dunno how often those guys play anymore though. look in the regional threads to find them.

edit: lol this is the regional threads. idk where those guys are hiding out.

Renth

Smash Hero
It's late, like almost midnight but if someone see's this and is as bored as I am. I'm in a Virginia beach hotel for tonight

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Hey GENX, where in roanoke do you live?? actually, do you have a Skype?? It would be easier to talk on there.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
in a few months you'll have dr peepee 2 hours away. until then though, you're kinda stuck lol.

and wtf mahones moving to delaware? i'm sad...
DrPP is moving? Still in NC or into VA?

anyone else from richmond?
I'm kinda in Richmond (the suburbs), but I'm back in the city in later August. I'm always up for making arrangements to smash with anyone nearby.

TheAeroSage

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I just recently discovered the existence of the Smash scenes and I got really inspired. I'd like to learn how to play Melee on a higher level than I do now, and I was wondering if there's anyone near Newport News or Hampton that would be willing to teach a newb :)

HOLY **** !!! I LIVE IN ROANOKE TOO!!!

Basically, roanoke has no smash scene period. The closest smash scene near roanoke is Blacksburg/Radford, and its only active during the school year.

But seriously, we need to play melee sometime!! Im not really impressive though, still have Redd/KP teaching me and all.
I'll be moving back to Radford in about 10 days and I'll be housing in an apartment this year. You 2 should PM me you phone number and we should Smash sometime

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
ok cool. Ill pm you my # when i get it cut back on.

I was just in blacksburg this past saturday with Redd. So ill definitely be out there when you get back

Rollz

Smash Apprentice
Yo I live in Roanoke and smash. I'm looking for any sort of local community; Genx, Shadocat you trying to smash? PM a homie :194:

I have returned to Radford. I'm game anytime. Just need transportation though. I can't play anywhere outside Radford unless it's VT on a Friday or Saturday night (bus service until midnight)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Yo I just arrived in Radford and I'm looking for people to play Smash with. I mostly play Project:M but I'll honestly play and version of Smash. Is anyone down for playing this Saturday?

Yo I just arrived in Radford and I'm looking for people to play Smash with. I mostly play Project:M but I'll honestly play and version of Smash. Is anyone down for playing this Saturday?
Yes I am. PM me if you want to exchange phone numbers

RizzyRams

Smash Rookie
does NoVa have a smash community? I'm kind of new to these forums and idk how to find anything in reasonable distance. dead area possibly? I live in arlington

Top Bottom