• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uzi's Fox 101 ~ A Fox Guide

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
This is exactly what my Fox needed. :evil:

Joe, Fox ditto next time we meet. :flame:

Though it would be nice if someone could find a way to structure the collection so as to make it best for learning.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
This is exactly what my Fox needed. :evil:

Joe, Fox ditto next time we meet. :flame:

Though it would be nice if someone could find a way to structure the collection so as to make it best for learning.
I'd very much like this to be sorted out some, but im not too sure how to set it up best, this is more to be read as a whole and not just part for part.

M@v

Subarashii!
Uzi and I combined our guides. Mine was kinda dead in the bowels of the fox forum lol, but it had great info. I'll try to re-organize this(no info will be changed, just going to make it easier on the eyes) soon. Until then enjoy Pittsburgh's vast fox knowledge!

I'll start writing sections i wanted to do on the old guide(ESPECIALLY a section on proper recovery) as well.

M@v

Subarashii!
We have a TON on info in this thread, even more so since we added my guide....but its very hard on the eyes atm, lol.

I was only focusing on the reflector. No wonder I play the MU wrong. Thanks anyway. What makes me wonder though is that why is the MU like 55:45 Snake or 60:40 when it's kind of hard to deal with Fox? Leaning to 55:45 ;)

M@v

Subarashii!
I think its even to 55:45 fox, but thats imo. No worse than even. I'm the same with Falco, lol. Maybe Im just really good with spacies vs snake?

I think........

Snake VS Falco is 50:50 straight no 49:51s

Snake VS Fox is 55:45 Snake.

Lesleyk

Smash Apprentice
^this.
At least someone who agrees with me...
The snake-fox MU depends on both players. Since there are more snake players out there than foxes, we Fox players kinda have the advantage cause we get to play against them more. Its not the other way around.

I personally think its quite even for Fox. It all depends on your fox style.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Fantastic thread. But can someone teach me how to DACUS with Fox? I've tried using the same technique as Falco's but the timing is probably a bit different. I'm sure all characters can DACUS.

So can anyone help?

^^

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Oh i forgot that DJC means 2 different things. Not talking about the double jab cancel. Talking about double jump cancelling fox's shine. I can't find any videos/uses (yes I looked at the OP) on that yet I hear about it all the time. Apparently it is like brawls replacement for waveshine.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Oh i forgot that DJC means 2 different things. Not talking about the double jab cancel. Talking about double jump cancelling fox's shine. I can't find any videos/uses (yes I looked at the OP) on that yet I hear about it all the time. Apparently it is like brawls replacement for waveshine.
Brawl has no replacement for wavedashing.

the thing you are thinking of is jump cancel shine.
not double jump cancel shine.

you jump out of dash or shield and cancel that with a shine, it lets you shint out or dash and out of shield instantly.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I didn't say wavedashing LOL I said a replacement of waveshine. Meaning repeated shines across stage, that make a combo. But ok, wonder if it has any legit setups

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
I didn't say wavedashing LOL I said a replacement of waveshine. Meaning repeated shines across stage, that make a combo. But ok, wonder if it has any legit setups
my bad, read that wrong,

regardless it still doesnt work.

only things that combo from shine(when its perfectly placed) are jab(stupid hard set up and only on ultra fatties)
dash attack(**** nead everyone but luigi and ice climbers)
up-smash(good portion of the cast)
and im sure a few other things i cant remember right now.

but shine never combos into shine.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Wow this thing has a ton of information since the last time I looked at it, I always learn things from this thread. Thanks.

Okay I've compressed the OP. You can go over it Uzi and just fix up any areas / update them with the revelant information.

Top Bottom