• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UVIC Bi-Weekly Tournaments (Feb 14th Results up, next tourney still TBA)

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
I realized that the way I programmed tio to give out money wasn't accurate and so a LOT of money went missing that should have been given out. Not a lot in single people, but over the course of the tournament, maybe $25-30 wasn't accounted for. This will be fixed for sure by the next one as Francis and I did not think that the mistake would happen. To find out more, check the wall on the facebook group hereand look for Mat's (me) posts on it

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=8482617617#/group.php?gid=8482617617

Briefcase

Smash Rookie
Yeah,I figured something must've been off with the program, because 17 people... that's 170 dollars, 10% of that is 17 and half of 17 is 8.50, so maybe next time count the number of people, and use a calculator... or your brain.. it's better than a calculator.

Still, broken kneecaps!

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Hey guys, just to let you know, I kinda invited like a lot of people for the next tourney. Expect at least 3 newcomers, probably more though.

I'll ask them to bring their Wii's/Brawl/Melee if they can, and I don't know where you guys get all those TVs, but we might want a couple more TVs if that's possible.

theslayer922

Smash Rookie
hey umm you dont know me but my friend eric won the last tournament and told me about this. hehe anyways i invited like a lot of ppl i mean like more than 10 is that cool?

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
its just fine, we want a lot of people to come. and we're working on making events go by quicker anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem. it'll be better.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I better be here next time or I'm going to shoot someone.

Also, Francis.

Nic lost his adopted controller, and he's using mine now, I might have to use a Wavebird from now on.

PS: Melee FTW

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
Me and 2 or 3 friends are gunna try to come to the next one.

People can enter both singles and doubles right?

Someguy13

Smash Cadet
k cool. It'll be our first tourney so you'll have to forgive us if we seem clueless about everything that's not actually playing the game >_>.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I came 3rd at the first one.

Nic came 1st, it was both our first tournies.

Also, I asked my Mom if I could go to this and she didn't even let me finish my sentence. T_T

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
That's too bad yaya. I want to play your gameandwatch again...oh well...maybe your bro will win another one. Represent and all that.

Another thing guys...this time, an iron hand will strike down all those who do not follow rules. If as many people come as are saying, this thing is going to be big and so things will have to run more smoothly to get things done before we're there all night. In other words, please don't show up late. Port alberni guys...leave home at like...4am. We need you here before 1. Call francis and get him to tell me if you guys are entering. We don't want you guys being almost no-shows like last time.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
By the way, if someone has some kind of universal remote and knows how to make it work with an old TV, BRING IT. We have this one TV that I'm pretty sure we can't do anything with (might have an RF, but that's about it). We're expecting quite a few people on Saturday, and the more TVs we can get/use, the better.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
On Saturday, I'm going to bring:

-TV
-TV Remote (I don't know if it's universal, we could try)
-Gamecube
-Wii
-Wii Remote
-Melee
-Brawl
-2 Gamecube controllers (1 for a friend of mine or if he doesn't show up, then for whoever else needs it)

Sorry, that's all I can help out with in terms of bringing stuff. BTW the TV I'm bringing is crappy, but if we're short of TVs, I guess we can make-do.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Wait I don't get it... On the Brawl Singles thing, it says 50/25/10/5

I believe there was a $50 difference between the winner and 2nd place. I heard winner got $80? I got $30. $30 is not 25%. Am I missing $10? Or what's up.

Oh well, good games everyone, thanks for coming out. I'll be there next Saturday.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
Ewic, if you look closely, 50/25/10/5 does not add up to 100. Francis hasn't changed the things. It's supposed to be 60/25/10/5

25% of that was 33.50 but I round the pot to the nearest 10 dollars because of problems with coins.

winner got 80, 2nd got 30, 3rd got 15, and I got 10. That adds to $135 The total pot was $150 and 10% (15) is taken for house cut so all the payments there are correct.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Oh ok, the split didn't make sense with my winnings from 2 days ago, because the OP is outdated I guess. You should get Francis to change that or something.

Hillary

Smash Apprentice
yeah he will. It's not always the sam as the other one he'd change it too either. If I don't get enough people in an event, I take away 4th place winnings for singles and 3rd place winnings for doubles. I had to do that for everything but brawl singles at this one because there just wasn't enough people entered.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Man, you really think this stuff through! I'm glad the bi-weeklies have someone like you to take care of the cash! Good work dude. If I did it, I'm sure I'd lose track of all the monies. XD

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Artist: Dj Satomi
Title: Castle In The Sky

There’s a place in my mind
No one knows where it hides
And my fantasy is flying
It’s a castle in the sky

It’s a world of our past
Where the legend still lasts
And the king wears the crown
But the magic spell is law

Take your sword and your shield
There’s a battle on the field
You’re a knight and you’re right
So with dragons now you’ll fight

And my fancy is flying
It’s a castle in the sky
Or there’s nothing out there
These are castles in the air

Fairytales live in me
Fables coming from my memory
Fantasy is not a crime
Find your castle in the sky

You’ve got the key
Of the kingdom of the clouds
Open the door
Leaving back your doubts

You’ve got the power
To live another childhood
So ride the wind
That leads you to the moon 'cause..."

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Hey Liverymen, how much did you get for the Brawl Singles on Feb. 14th? You said it was 45%/45% cause we split the pot, but weren't there like 13 people who entered, and 50% of that is $65, 45% would be like $60, but I only got $30. :s Mis-calculation? I'll probably be at the next Bi-Weekly, so if I'm out on some cash, then I hope to get mah moola that day.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
lol im stupid. i wrote out all the calculations bein all "we only get half of 60% cuz thats first." then i realized we get 1st and 2nd place moola so ur right. i gave u half of the 60% on that day
so 30% remains.
30% of 117 divided by 2 is 17 (117 is 90% of 130, its 90% cuz 10% goes to house) . so ill gib u that next time.

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
lol im stupid. i wrote out all the calculations bein all "we only get half of 60% cuz thats first." then i realized we get 1st and 2nd place moola so ur right. i gave u half of the 60% on that day
so 30% remains.
30% of 117 divided by 2 is 17 (117 is 90% of 130, its 90% cuz 10% goes to house) . so ill gib u that next time.
Wow, awesome thanks man! I should have noticed right away, but I didn't notice. XD

Smash Bi-Weeklies own cause of this kind of customer service!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
i wanna go to one of these, but its like a 3 hour drive, will there be beverages there? :p

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
-

Oh snaps it's you!

I'll BUY you a beverage if you come. XD

Beware though, I think they only carry healthy drinks and food in their vending machines lol.

Oh, and for your information, we usually order pizza around 5pm or so. You have to chip in 5-10 dollars, but yeah, there's that option. (When it comes, get there first... The pizza disappears in seconds lol)

Will Eclipse come too? :o

ewic

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2363-5634-0009
Oh Snaps

AHHH APPARENTLY THERES NO TOURNEY ON SATURDAY...

So whoever usually comes from out of town, DO NOT COME! :(

P.S. I know, I am sad too...

Top Bottom