• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utrick'd3 Mafia! Light at the end of the tunnel!

>mfw this hydra

Swiss|Dark Horse
>mfw I was raging so hard about the worst game in dgames history

GG Glyph.

Hey, Ryker, ditch J. I'll ditch DH. Let's pretend we're RadFic.

Psuedo content will come later. Looks to be an early Soup wagon.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Uguu, this geemu got really tanoshii really hayai!

I hope minna-san has tanoshii too! :3
That's you guy's 1 free pass, you can post like that all you want in the future but I'm imposing the same restriction I did on Moth where he also had to have the translated version beneath it. Fair?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Vote Count​

Soup [1] - Gova
Leading Man [1] - Bardull
Uguu [0]
Kary [0]
>mfw this hydra [1] - RR
RR [1] - Orbo
Swords_R [0]
Bardull [1] - Joey
Orbo [0]
Zen [0]
Vinyl [0]
Gova [0]
Joey [0]

Not voting: Soup, Leading Man, Uguu, Kary, >mfw, Swords_R, Orbo, Zen, Vinyl

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch! Deadline for D1 is set at August 8th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time!

Orboknown

Smash Hero
If there's no other option by the end of the day I like more, i suppose so. Why you asking me specifically?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
@Swiss head of MFW- I've heard tell you can nail players alignment from one post. What do you think of RR from his 288?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If there's no other option by the end of the day I like more, i suppose so. Why you asking me specifically?

Because you voted me, that and I wanna get discussion going so we get moving through RvS a bit better.

Otherwise I usually used to start with a ****ty gambit to get discussion going. But this works.

Soup though is doing something similar would it apply to him as well?

>mfw this hydra

Swiss|Dark Horse
@Swiss head of MFW- I've heard tell you can nail players alignment from one post. What do you think of RR from his 288?
My reputation precedes me. I'll gift you with analysis.

A gift.

The fact that he quoted your vote post shows an effort, a concern - it was recent, 'naught forgotten, why quote as a reminder of your vote wasn't needed? Rashly offers you a lynch based on subjective terms "frustrating" can be applied to many things. Initially you assume he meant posting style, yet he could then apply this to any aspect of his play.

As you asked for my opinion on this, I ask for yours and only yours on this post. Then we might proceed.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
yeah

hoping to get my real role pm asap
@mod: would it be ok for me to hydra with someone for this game?
If you have a partner that's willing to dive in with you, then sure.
/confirm as X1-12 / Kary hydra (waiting on Xiivi, i'm told)

Orbo is likely town
mfw this hydra is scum; it has Swiss in it.

@RR: do you have to post a picture in each of your posts?
Are you generally for or against a policy lynch?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
/confirm as X1-12 / Kary hydra (waiting on Xiivi, i'm told)

Orbo is likely town
mfw this hydra is scum; it has Swiss in it.

@RR: do you have to post a picture in each of your posts?
Are you generally for or against a policy lynch?

I am doing such for flavor, no restrictions, just for fun.

I'm generally against them, but in rare situations I can agree with them being necessary if someone refuses to not play that far into anti-town.

Moriarty hydra for example.

Swords_R_Karthik_King

Smash Rookie
Alright going to lay some groundwork that I'm an absolutely firm believer in. If you decide to coast through this game, your posts are going to be analyzed 100 times harder then the people who are consistently giving reads throughout the game. WE will not allow the type of mafia game where Lylo comes down to two players with hardly any content and an obv town player having to basically make the 50/50 choice.

Call it activity policing if you want to misconstrue this message but it's more then that, it's a YOU WILL DIE if you decide to play this game lazily.

>mwf: Scum? If not win this game by D2?

RR, who do you feel is your hardest person to read in this game? Which player do you think you have sort of a knack for reading?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR, who do you feel is your hardest person to read in this game? Which player do you think you have sort of a knack for reading?

<mfw lynch or Leading Man, they are just good at hiding their alignment.

Easiest, Joey only because I think I understand how he plays off hydraing with him, though he fooled me in Celebrity Rehab.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

<mfw lynch or Leading Man, they are just good at hiding their alignment.

Easiest, Joey only because I think I understand how he plays off hydraing with him, though he fooled me in Celebrity Rehab.
Brother, I thought I replaced out of Celebrity Rehab.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
repede.png

You did and I thought you were toen while you were playing the game, though I didn't know of multifactions at the time.

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I was hoping to fake something like Ruy said but then people decided that not playing this game would be fun. sigh.

Alright. Let me read if there's something more than RVS going on.

#HBC | ѕoup

SRKK said:
Alright going to lay some groundwork that I'm an absolutely firm believer in. If you decide to coast through this game, your posts are going to be analyzed 100 times harder then the people who are consistently giving reads throughout the game. WE will not allow the type of mafia game where Lylo comes down to two players with hardly any content and an obv town player having to basically make the 50/50 choice.

Call it activity policing if you want to misconstrue this message but it's more then that, it's a YOU WILL DIE if you decide to play this game lazily.
I really hope you keep your word on this, We've already been two IRL days into this game and we're not even past RVS. I think it's time I crack it's skull open again.

#HBC | ѕoup

RR leans town in early posting, it's not anything amazing but I like his effort he's giving right now.

Orbo said:
Why did you specifically ask >MFW and what is your read on RR yourself? Bare with me.

Orboknown

Smash Hero

Because you voted me, that and I wanna get discussion going so we get moving through RvS a bit better.

Otherwise I usually used to start with a ****ty gambit to get discussion going. But this works.

Soup though is doing something similar would it apply to him as well?
Wasn't paying attention to soup atm, I'll look at it.
My reputation precedes me. I'll gift you with analysis.

A gift.

The fact that he quoted your vote post shows an effort, a concern - it was recent, 'naught forgotten, why quote as a reminder of your vote wasn't needed? Rashly offers you a lynch based on subjective terms "frustrating" can be applied to many things. Initially you assume he meant posting style, yet he could then apply this to any aspect of his play.

As you asked for my opinion on this, I ask for yours and only yours on this post. Then we might proceed.
I think you might be on to something there. IIRC ryu is against policy lynches in general so I'll keep an eye on the developments.

I am doing such for flavor, no restrictions, just for fun.

I'm generally against them, but in rare situations I can agree with them being necessary if someone refuses to not play that far into anti-town.

Moriarty hydra for example.
Uguu is anti town so far? Or just posting oddly?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wasn't paying attention to soup atm, I'll look at it.
Did you, do so as of this post and let me know what you think.

Uguu is anti town so far? Or just posting oddly?
Uugu got lynched in Dalmatians mafia day 1 for posting like that.

While it is not on the same level of the Moriarty Hydra it's close, when he posts like that most if not everyone can't understand him or his tone. To do so it would require us to know Japanese and know how sentence structure works, it's very different from English.

While the mod told him to make a translated version below, I still can see it ending up confusing and being misinterpreted.

Uguu

Smash Rookie
Ruy, nande are anata so adamant about talking about watakshi wa and policy lynching desu-ka?
Ichi! Anata's Moriarty example is very hidoi! It's not daijoubu and makes me very kanashii ;___; Anata wa not very manly this geemu! Very hidoi! Moriarty was town and anata, baka, knows that! Easy to read and very town, baka.
Ni! Watakshi wa bet that scum was very tanoshii that you suggest a misulinchuru for them! Not only that, demo anata used it to divert attention from anata wa! That's very zurui! Demo, this entire discussion is very not abunai and lets you korosu a kenichi playerslot with a "ii" excuse! WELL IT'S NOT II. IT'S NOT DAIJOUBU.

ANATA WA NEEDS TO BE LINCHURU'D!

WATAKSHI WA DAIKIRAI ANATA WA DESU!

Vote: Red Ryu

[COLLAPSE=":("]Ruy, why are you so adamant about talking about us and policy lynching? First off, your Moriarity example is horrible. Moriarty was town (and entirely readable imo).
Second off, I bet the scum was absolutely delighted that you all agreed to a free policy lynch for them. Not only that, but you brought it up to bring someone voting you's attention to ourselves. THEN, ONTOP OF ALL THIS, this entire discussion is an EXTREMELY easy and SAFE way to bring suspicion to a strong player-slot (hey guys wanna lynch uguu?) without reasoning, and you give it the guise of being pro-town by making the game easier to play, wah wah wah. Get outta here.

Your reasoning is bad. You even admit yourself that "It's not a big deal if they put a translation" BUT IT CAN STILL BE BOTHERSOME.

It's safe and disgusting and I don't like it.

Vote: Red Ryu[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

That depends, are you typing in Japanese first or English? Are you using an internet translator or your own schooling for Japanese.

See English is a very "Special" language that ignore a lot of rules used more commonly in other languages, it also doesn't translate directly back and forth since meaning of a word, like Spanish where masculine, feminine and neutral context change the meaning of the word. El La etc.

I can lose context and meaning depending how you approach this fake restriction, that is anti town.

And no the Moriarty situation is very relevant, even when the scum team admitted gleefully they took advantage of it, even town players and scum said doing that fake restriction made it too hard to read them and couldn't understand full communication context and tone.

Tone, context, and meaning can all be lost in certain situation and these are important to read.

Now answer the above.

Are you typing in Japanese first or English? Are you using an internet translator or your own schooling for Japanese and typing like that?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
[yt]zs16LtXdwwY[/yt]

Uguu I am assuming you're posting English to Japanese from what you said.

As such, what are your thoughts on Orbo and Soup?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Guys, I have no opinions on anything currently. I hear this is a problem. To fix this, I am going to go eat some cookies.

#HBC | ѕoup

There's not much to have an opinon on at this point Gova, bring me some cookies back.

Top Bottom