• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... speaking of taking stages off neutral/whatnot... have we decided when or if we are going to go back over the stages and reevaluate them?

Btw, you havn't worked at/or experienced the true PnT employee experience if you never worked under Aaron... that guy was the shiz/amazing. Jesse may remember him?

Edit: Btw, I like Lylat :)

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Hmm... speaking of taking stages off neutral/whatnot... have we decided when or if we are going to go back over the stages and reevaluate them?

Btw, you havn't worked at/or experienced the true PnT employee experience if you never worked under Aaron... that guy was the shiz/amazing. Jesse may remember him?

Edit: Btw, I like Lylat :)
of course you do you main kirby

as for do i remember aaron? of course i remember aaron, because of him waff, i was running tourneys before you :D

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Bring a noob to work day

For this upcomming Tourney of Fate 8 if you bring a new player who hasn't been to a state (ei. powerrankings worthy) event in the past two months, you and your friend get a dollar back.

~This only applys to singles and will not be offered for teams or melee.
~You must tell the person doing sign ups who you brought so that we can get you your money.
~This will not come out of the pot.
~I will have a list of the people who have attended sometime in the last two months.
~Please make sure you and your friends have permission to attend this event if you are under 18, or might be comming from out of state =P.
~This will give you and the person you bring each a dollar back.

I hope to see alot of new faces this time around, and that it will run as smooth as the last one.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
of course you do you main kirby

as for do i remember aaron? of course i remember aaron, because of him waff, i was running tourneys before you :D
Really? After my second week on at PnT he turned over pretty much the entire tourney operations to me. And last I checked didn't he leave before you started there? Then Micah took over... *shudder*

harpuia190

Smash Ace
eh your probably right :p

but when he left that was a sad day, very few people could have been able to compare to that man, mebbe me you and alex

anyway woo ToF should be fun, bring your friends and gurlz amirite?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I just put this on AiB, and sent invites to every one on my buddy list/random people who posted in the AiB Utah thread. So feel free to send me a friend request/say your going to the tourney.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
How are you not banned?!

XD

Oh yah, I cannot come to the next tourney. I have to go take the ACT's or some other test. I dont even know. My parents just said I wont have time or the tourney... well if I take the test early enough I might make it to singles, Ill find out sometime.

inb4nojohn's

Geekhead

Smash Apprentice
How are you not banned?!

XD

Oh yah, I cannot come to the next tourney. I have to go take the ACT's or some other test. I dont even know. My parents just said I wont have time or the tourney... well if I take the test early enough I might make it to singles, Ill find out sometime.

inb4nojohn's
if u cant go, then i wont have a ride! :cry:

lol lets hope u can come

wangston

Smash Lord
No sir, well I don't wanna be the blame, not anymore.
It's your turn, to take a seat we're settling the final score.
And why do we like to hurt, so much?

I can't decide
You have made it harder just to go on
And why?
All the possibilities...
Well I was wrong

That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa!
That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa...
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating.
And that's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa.

I wonder, how am I supposed to feel when you're not here.
'Cause I burned every bridge I ever built when you were here.
I still try... holding onto silly things, I never learn.
Oh why? All the possibilities. I'm sure you've heard.

That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa!
That's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa..
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating.
And that's what you get when you let your heart win. Whoa.

Pain, make your way to me. (to me)
And I'll always be just so inviting.
If I ever start to think straight,
This heart will start a riot in me,
Let's start... Start, hey!

Why do we like to hurt so much?
Oh why do we like to hurt so much?

That's what you get when you let your heart win!
Whoa.

That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa.
That's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa.

Now I can't trust myself with anything but this,
And that's what you get when you let your heart win, whoa.

the song of my life

___X___

Smash Lord
Hahaha that song is wayyy good. i ALWAYS sing to to it on rock band 2, but david's always scared to sing on that ;)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Should we swap the day of the weeklies?

The title says it all. I know we have had a good run with Thursday, but I know a few people would like it changed and I am sure I could do it on any day if people wanted it changed. Just a thought what do you guys think?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, I have a late class on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, so it would be nice if it wasn't on those two days for me.

PS: And "swap" isn't really a good word to use in this case, since that implies that there's something else happening on a different day that will be trading places with this.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The title says it all. I know we have had a good run with Thursday, but I know a few people would like it changed and I am sure I could do it on any day if people wanted it changed. Just a thought what do you guys think?
Well... If it's not going to be on a day that's not Tuesday or Thursday, I'll have to go with Monday or Friday.
I have work on Sundays, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.

PS: And "swap" isn't really a good word to use in this case, since that implies that there's something else happening on a different day that will be trading places with this.
Aren't there weekly tourneys for other games at Play and Trade?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
If it's not going to be on a day that's not Tuesday or Thursday, I'll have to go with Monday or Friday.
What you just said means "If it's going to be on Tuesday or Thursday, I'll have to go with Monday or Friday," since the two "not"s cancel. Another way to look at it is that "a day that's not Tuesday or Thursday" = the other 5 days, so "it's not going to be on the other 5 days" = It is on Tuesday or Thursday.
So what you should have said, was, "If it's not going to be on Tuesday or Thursday, I'll have to go with Monday or Friday," or, "If it's going to be on a day that's not Tuesday or Thursday, I'll have to go with Monday or Friday."
:)

Edit: I'm using my brain too much at 1 AM...what am I doing?!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
LOL PC, I don't remember what I typed.
All I know is that I need sleep now.

And DZLE, you lost to Hank, right? Hank got second place.
But I guess he was new...

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Hank is crazy good. When he was pulling those combos out on me my last resort was to pull out grenades and blow us both up because I did not no what to do. Are matches were pretty close though. (this was at the last ToF)

(When I start coming to weeklies, which is soon) Thursdays work best for me... but Mondays would be okay.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It's not like there's a tournament every Saturday.
And it sucks for a certain group of people, since Sunday is not considered their "weekend" despite it officially being a day of the weedend while Friday isn't technically a day of the weekend. :ohwell:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Well, I have a late class on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, so it would be nice if it wasn't on those two days for me.

It could be swaping shifts with someone.

Well... If it's not going to be on a day that's not Tuesday or Thursday, I'll have to go with Monday or Friday.
I have work on Sundays, Tuesday, and Wednesdays.

Aren't there weekly tourneys for other games at Play and Trade?
Nope, smash is the only weekly we have and it might be taken off at some point.

Right now, Friday works for everyone except spudz.

And does anyone know if this Hank player is coming to bUST or not?
I talked to him about it, and he did get the e-mail (he said it was helpful btw) but didn't really answer if he was going or not.

I won't be coming to weeklies if they are on friday. I'm not letting smash take up both of days of my weekend.
The weeklies would be every week, and UST/ToF would only be once a month each...so you still have 2 saturdays left.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Regardless, weeklies on friday would be taking up half of the days of the weekend for the entire month.

Plus, I always have plans on friday night. Do what you want, but you won't see me at the weeklies if they're on friday.

Oh, and I haven't gotten any of these emails.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
You're not getting the e-mails because you're part of the panel. It's not really necessary for panel members to get the e-mails, since they should be well aware in the first place.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The problem Kenny is what works for the majority. Honestly, I prefer Fridays, since it's the only day I can get out of school BEFORE 5 and/or not have work that same day.

Plus, what's the harm in having it on a weekend? I think it could be good practice for the Saturdays that have tournies, and you get to see all your friends, and isn't that what weekends are all about? Although, I understand the whole "I have plans" thing. Well, sorry if you can't make the Fridays. At least we have the tournies to see each other?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Thats why I am asking people what would be the best day to do this, it really doesn't help to hear "Do what you want, but not this day". I would like to find the day that would get the most people to come to it. Hell it might even be better to have the weeklies on every Saturday that doesn't have a tourney already.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
The problem Kenny is what works for the majority. Honestly, I prefer Fridays, since it's the only day I can get out of school BEFORE 5 and/or not have work that same day.

Plus, what's the harm in having it on a weekend? I think it could be good practice for the Saturdays that have tournies, and you get to see all your friends, and isn't that what weekends are all about? Although, I understand the whole "I have plans" thing. Well, sorry if you can't make the Fridays. At least we have the tournies to see each other?
LOL, usually like 6-8 people show up, except on rare occasions. And 3-5 of them come with me. So that's 50% and that's close enough to a majority for me. I've already stated that Fate can do what he wants, just that I will not be coming if it's on friday. I've never said he can't have it on friday.

Believe it or not, I have friends outside of the smash community, and weekends are the only good day for them to hang out. And you say "Well, sorry if you can't make the Fridays. At least we have the tournies to see each other?" as if it's already official cause you said it is. LOL.

Do what you want.

Edit: And the Mexis ride with me too whenever they can come, so that's +3 to the 3-5 that already come with me.

Lol, david, I am chill :D

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
Changing it to Friday takes out
Yaz,Kenny,Wang,Dryu, Or anyone that rides with him.
And Jokezalot might not be able to make it since its on friday.

Dai Edit
Lol Kenny chill. :p

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Friday is the worst idea I've ever heard. Fridays are like the only days to really GET girls and to hang out with bunch of friends because Saturdays are tourney days.

Keep it on Thursday.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
actually kenny you dont even bring half the peeps now, actually, yesterday here were at least, 10-12ish other guys here, and im prety sure they plan to keep coming, a lot of them we some of the guys who used to come to the thursday melee tourneys

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
actually kenny you dont even bring half the peeps now, actually, yesterday here were at least, 10-12ish other guys here, and im prety sure they plan to keep coming, a lot of them we some of the guys who used to come to the thursday melee tourneys
except on rare occasions
Yesterday was pretty much the only reason I put on rare occasions in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom