• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Or we could move the tourney to a different day. Like next week... except I think that falls on Easter weekend which may also lose lots of people... I dunno. Im not gonna be able to make it to this one anyway cuz of ACT's.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Time changes for ToF 8

So it sounds like, if we have singles at 1:00 P.M. and teams when singles end that way people will be able to come. However the only way this should works is if people with set ups (wii and brawl) bring them and we will every T.V.

edit: spudz, if this was at my house or some place like that then I would agree with you. However just to have this set up, I need to get schedules changed and such as PnT, so it really doesn't work with people only bringing this up now.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
What with the 10-12, 2-4 sessions on Saturday, the best course would be to start singles anywhere between 12:30-1. The problem is, singles last a long time. We either won't be able to finish singles in time, or everyone will have to play as fast as they can. So here's what I think...

Any non-mormons should arrive at 11:30 to help set up the TV's, bring the Wii's, get the setup for when everyone else arrives. Everyone else should be ready by the time the first session gets done with, so that gives half an hour to get to the PnT and pay the entrance fee. Hopefully, this could work.

But then the problem arises again, that Brawl takes a long time to finish, and by the time everyone has to leave, the session will still be going. So...I don't know man. Given a best-case scenario where we're set up in time, we might not be able to finish.

But I leave that up to everyone else to decide. If the mormon smashers think they can get singles done pretty quickly, then we can give this idea a shot. If not, then we can just start at 1, do the tourney like we always do, and end up having less people this time around.

On a side note, Spudz, when does your ACT start, cause when I did mine, it was early, like 8-ish, and I was out before 10. I do get tests done early, but people still take about 1-1/2 the time I take, so I think you can get out early enough if your test is early in the day.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Singles usally goes from 3:30-7or8ish, that gives about 4.5h. If we start singles at 12 (like I have said) then that give people about 1h to get home, get ready and get their thing. the only faster way is to start it sooner.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We can't start right at 12 though. That's when conference ends. People would have to get out sooner, or not watch it at all, and it looks like everyone is gonna watch every single bit of it.

12:30 is the earliest we can start by the look of it.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
On a side note, Spudz, when does your ACT start, cause when I did mine, it was early, like 8-ish, and I was out before 10. I do get tests done early, but people still take about 1-1/2 the time I take, so I think you can get out early enough if your test is early in the day.
How can you finish early? Each section is timed, so even if you finish first, you still can't start the next section early, since everyone has to start at the same time for them to time you. I took the ACTs twice, both times it started at 8 and ended at noon, and both times I was able to then drive to pick up a friend and make it to the tournament with around 15 minutes to spare.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
And like I was told, the only part people really seem to care about is the priesthood. meaning people will come and miss that (for the most part). Just show up on time (early is better) and we will be fine.

Edit: PC thats because your amazing.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Well my parents also wont let me go because of conference. But Ill ask them to record the mid-day sessions. I pack my Wii and controller in my backpack. I go to the ACT's. Get out at hopefully by 12. Drive to the tournament and smash like I have never smashed before! So, I might make it there.

I want a chance to get a really good ranking since a lot of people might miss. :chuckle:

Also, geekhead I wont be able to give you a ride because Im getting my liscense tomorrow. And for the first 6 months I cant drive friends, also I bet your mom wouldnt even trust me to drive you... sorry. :/

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
How can you finish early? Each section is timed, so even if you finish first, you still can't start the next section early, since everyone has to start at the same time for them to time you. I took the ACTs twice, both times it started at 8 and ended at noon, and both times I was able to then drive to pick up a friend and make it to the tournament with around 15 minutes to spare.
I remember pretty well that I was out fairly early. I may have been off by an hour, but it was still early.

The timed tests, though, I've always managed to get each section done very early, so it still explains that I could get out by at least 11 cause I got the last part done quickly. So, either way...well, I guess I'm forgetful about how the ACT was taken and if you finish quick enough, you still have time.

As for the tourney, we dunno what people will miss to come to the tourney. Everyone else has to decide. I'm coming and staying for the whole thing regardless, so I hope to see some of you guys so we can smash.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
If you were raised the way I was....you watched everything...

I'm just double checking, cause people's schedule might be different because of this. I mean, I'm just trying to get a majority here.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I like the green names... And there are some people that don't have green names...why's that?

Edit: Oh, I found out why. They just simply mixed up the colors for the different groups.

For example: cyan to blue, blue to white, red to yellow, white/yellow (depending on the location you look...the one most people have) to green, etc.

Edit 2: And I just saw my post in the ads at the top of the page... O.o

DZLE

Smash Master
Custom Message?!?!
EDIT: Green Names?!?!
EDIT2: SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!!
EDIT3: OSU! TATAKE! OUENDAN!!!!

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Im okay with green names, it just bugs me that the underline is still yellow. All green or no green.

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Why are the names red all a sudden?

And i may not be able to make it to thursday this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom