• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Yamer

Smash Journeyman
I am in utah right now and might be able to play in singles or low tier if you could get a set time for it.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Xsyven, I'm all for going up today, but I need to be back the day of the tourney, not the day after. (saturday night, not sunday night). If I could house you this would work out awesome (pick me up on the way to FtS's, drop me off sat. night, stay at my place, go home) But.. I cant. :(. I suppose if you're up for it I could pay you gas money to bring me home to Provo. (oh ill pm you my address). Does that sound alright? I know it's rather out of the way... but I'd pay gas money so the only cost would be the time.
I'll need a plan B too.... Plan Z is already set to *call brothers in PG and have them pick me up* (I guess that'd be the same drive xsyven would have to do too.. actually a bit shorter. so that's always an option..) But for this plan B, is anyone at all driving up from the provo/orem area?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Low tier is the following:
Luigi
Roy
Link
DK
Pikachu
Zelda
Ness
Young Link
Yoshi
Kirby
Mr. Game & Watch
Bowser
Mewtwo
Pichu

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If I were going, I'd pay Gojira to be my teammate, and we'd win. ^_^

Gojira

Smash Lord
Later guys

I am fianlly done with smash. This has nothign to with how good im doing or anything . . . . .(i mean i did not do bad last tourney, I am just done.

April fools

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I am fianlly done with smash. This has nothign to with how good im doing or anything . . . . .(i mean i did not do bad last tourney, I am just done.
Hmm... this is retirement #11? Or only #10? I lost count. Anyway, you'll be back when Brawl hits. Count on it. ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
My thumb developed a blister from the constant wavedashing...

Never play Ice Climbers for more than 4 hours.

Bleau_Two

Smash Rookie
I am Reborn!

The sexy southern utahn, Ancient_Shadow, is no more. I am Bleau_Two and I shall reign upon this planet with my meager armpit hairs...

BTW- It was really fun coming up and playing with you guys. I learned a lot and I hope to do it again. Keep it real Cd-Bobo. And wavedashing for 4+ hours is teh sexy.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Odd that you'd mention that on April 1st.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
ooo.. good point RA. I should've posted something. Oh and... am I the only one who has a pikachu background and the classic pokemon blue/red adventure music playing on loop?? I mean, its cool, 'cuz pokemon blue was pretty much the best game ever (I occassionaly boot up my colorless, green tinted GameBoy and play my INSANE file in which I have every pokemon..) But,, yeah computers have really been freaking out around me today, I don't know what's up. Well hmm.. im off to watch some Bleach.... finished watching Naruto 6 &7 today on my brother's projector :D. Oh and bleau_two my other brother started watching Death-a-note-a and says its pretty cool. I think you mentioned that when we were talking so.. yeah.
Anyway, great tournament; you'd think Id be smashed out but, naw... it was great! Kinda annoys me that I got beat by phil after I already eliminated him once (dumb down throw combo, pff) [shoulda played roy so you couldnt do that!!. Next time we meet... we'll have to try it.] I could've gotten like, 3rd in low tier. which doesnt really mean much. And.. I think I got 5th at this tourney. tied for 9th with like 4 people but, I eliminated 2 of em i think and I know I could've beat sneekee (and xsyven, actually... it's a mind thing, I just win against ice climbers) So.. yeah. sticking to my mr. 5th place :D. Dumb sheiks.. im going to force my twin to play me a lot so I can learn how to killlllll them.
So umm... sorry for the block of text. Later :p

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh, Cdbobo. For a Biochemical Engineer major, or whatever, you think you'd have better English. xD

And the Pokemon are all because of April Fools... I'm surprised you didn't click that after reading RA's post.

And I WILL CONQUER YOUR DOC SOMEDAY, CDBOBO! (That goes for your Samus too, Phil.)

Anyway, the tournament this time was a lot more fun compared to UST9. I guess it's because I know how to play now, but it was also a lot more fun for some reason. FTS, thanks again for letting us use your house, Zack, thanks for hostin'.

The only thing I regret is not playing Perfect Chaos in singles. I'll have to do that some day.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
thats a really nice ice climbers you got there...even though i ***** them :)
but really you almost had fts in the set and you beat gojira....very good job. learn the grab combos and you'll be unstoppable. oh, your falco isn't too bad either. you had me , but noooo you had to suicide twice. hope to see you and more sexy southern Utahans next tournament.

and bobo...dont hate the player, hate the link. down throw, up B for the win :laugh:

lengeta

Smash Ace
Sorry for your loss of transport, Cd, but yeah, lets not talk about that.

With bi-weeklies over, and most of us being the slackers we are, tourny days might be missed by me again. I usually end up working Saturdays unless I have a good 2-3 week notice so I can ask it of. If that could happen, that'd be super, but meh. Anyway, I think Game-Crazy's running another Smash tourny on the 21st, I'll have to stop by there sometime and check in what's happening again.

Also, the EVO West trip is slowly dieing on my end, meaning I probably won't be driving my van down there, so no road-trip organized by me. I'm still wanting to go, it probably just won't happen. EVO World's still happening though, no worries.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
thats a really nice ice climbers you got there...even though i ***** them :)
but really you almost had fts in the set and you beat gojira....very good job. learn the grab combos and you'll be unstoppable. oh, your falco isn't too bad either. you had me , but noooo you had to suicide twice. hope to see you and more sexy southern Utahans next tournament.
I know the grab combos, its just that everyone decided to use the 'get the **** away from them' strategy, and so whenever I'd actually grab someone, I'd get too excited and accidently throw them without even pwning them in half.

As for the next tournament, we're not going again until summer. If anyone is headed towards Vegas/So. Cal though, stop by in St. George and play with us!

Takalth

Smash Ace
Well, this week is my last week in Utah. I'm going to become a Washington Smasher now, so I'll see what skills I can learn playing against Silent Wolf and Gimpyfish.

I'll miss the Utah tournaments, though. I had a lot of fun getting pwned every couple weeks and donating money to PC and FTS.

So, fare thee all well.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
Phil's 21 b-day smash tournament

i'll be hosting a tournament june 2nd cuz its my BIG 21 B-DAY. its going to be pretty big. from my group alone expect to see 8+ people, hopefully 5 from st. george, and the regulars+ rafa = 20+ entries. i'm also planing to do a 4 man crew battle along with doubles and singles.
if i win, i'm going to VEGAS!!!! so come and donate.
before all that happens, maybe we'll plan on doing some biweeklies and STDs.

ps. i might go to vegas instead of doing the tournament. i'll let you guys know sometime during may.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Cool! I'm glad you choose the second of June. It'll be after I graduate from High School, so I don't have to worry about school anymore, and a couple of days before I leave the country for Viet Nam for a month. SO DON'T CHANGE THAT DATE!! :grin:

And for the results, I'll try to list the top 3 to the best of my memory...

Low Tier Doubles (sorry, so some reason, my mind is blank right now...it was a long day)
1: Perfect Chaos & Soto
2: ???
3: ???

Low Tier Singles
1: Perfect Chaos
2: Gojira
3: laozy

Doubles (I didn't check the round robin results at the end)
1: FoxTheStampede & Gojira
2: Perfect Chaos & Soto
3: ???

Singles (since it's the most recent one, I can remember up to sixth)
1: Perfect Chaos
2: laozy
3: FoxTheStampede
4: Xsyven
5: Soto (beat Gojira in tiebreaker match)
6: Gojira

Well, this is the best I can do for those of you (especially BattleChrist) that wants to know the results. So until Gojira or FTS post the complete ranking lists...here it is.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'll host a tournament on the 14th of this month if people are willing to come. I live in SLC just east of sugarhouse so I imagine it's not that far of a drive for most people. Only problem is I only have 2 tv's and 1 cube for use so I'd need help with setups....but yeah let me know if anyone would show up.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
RA has claimed April's tournament. .....I guess we're going back to how it was before biweeklies btw XD. Any ideas for a new, GOOD tournament name?

results.....eh, I'll do it when Goijra posts last tournament's results :p

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Laozy, when you say 5 hopefuls from St. George, that means us, right?

In the summer, Devin (The Jigglypuff) and I are doing an internship for Sky West Airlines-- and we'll get free Airline tickets. So we'll be flyin'! ...that is, if we can come. Can't tell until the time comes. The others can carpool if they feel like it.

If you DO win, and get Vegas money, you should stop by in St. George on the way and play with us!

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Thanks for the results PC and Phil (sent them to me in a PM) i was more checking if Yamer even went to the tournament but he told me he didn't even go.

Ill see if i can make it to you tournament RA and i can bring a cube maybe two if Yamer wants to bring his if he goes and if its just me and him i could probably bring a TV if you really need it.

Phil you should make sure your thing goes down cuz it sounds like it will be fun plus we could have a sweet after party for the big 21st b-day.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah we need to have one soon!! Vegas was sweet, did $hltty in my Yugi tournament but made 8 hundo playin poker haha. Well count me in for both of those tourneys. Phil we need to set up some practice nights or somethin man
i dont know....maybe before the next tournament we'll have one.
how was vagas?

Eh Laozy!

I've got some friends I'd like you to own, so why not listen to Xsyven and swing by my house when you're heading to Vegas. And as a little incentive, feel free to any ONE of my delicious microwavable goods as a show of good faith to Samus God.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
WHAT?!?!?!?! no update on the results??? and where is our power ranking??? well i could make one up and see what you guys think....also we should have a debate about it.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
We really SHOULD have a power rankings thread.

You can try starting one Phil, but quoting Omnigamer, "4. Threads may only be started by well-respected tournament operators within a region." I don't know what happens if a non-smash director member posts a power rankings thread but go for it.

If it gets closed, then FtS/Gojira need to start one.

Top Bottom