• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
first post updated

We are missing results from 3 tournaments.

Expect more Utah vids uploaded soon.

Expect the Utah power rankings thread any day now.

Expect May's tournament to be announced soon, probably hosted by me....again.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Yeah early May tourney sounds el bueno. I hope early May though cuz I have poker stuff to do on the 13th-15th. Well if it is hosted by you FTS we all appreciate it :)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Gojira has asked me to take applications for more power ranking panelists (the people who make the decisions for the power rankings). PM me the Top 15 Active Utah Smashers in order if you want to be a panelist. Posting it = auto-fail. You can use the results links in the first post.

They will be posted any day now, so PM me as soon as possible.

"Active" Utah Smashers:
Alex
C!Z
Casey
CdBobo
Chao
Chris (Dr Jones)
Clentes
Devin
DontStopLaughing
FoxTheStampede
Gideon
Gojira
Jeyt
KC
Kelley
Khom
Kierstad
Laozy
Lay
Lengeta
Mexi
Migey
PerfectChaos
Rafa
RagingAsian
Soto
Takalth
Tsuteto
Xsyven

Total: 29

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I noticed my name at the bottom before anything, and I thought they were the actual power rankings.

It was quite a shock. Thanks for including me and Devin in there, FTS!

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
May Tournament

I didn't feel like making a thread in the tournament discussion for a tournament without a name and just over 2 weeks away.

Date: May 12, 2007
Everything else is the same as always (12-1pm start time, $5 entry, same rules, etc.)

Look up the first post of the biweekly thread with the first post in this thread for any more details you need.

NAME SUGGESTIONS ? or we could continue counting UST's with Junpei's tournament as #11 and this as #12... but a new, better name would be nice :p

Welcome to the Utah smash scene, Sophia Lockheart :).

Last edited:

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
Yes finally people to fight that will be an actual challenge. I'll be at that tourney and I'll bring two friends along too.

Thanks FoxTheStampede, I have been looking for some tournies to go to since I can't ever make it to the big ones.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hahaha. St George sucks. Don't ever move to st george because if you do, people will only play with you on their way to OC3 and other OOS tournaments.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
RagingAsian's a liar. He's just mad that my Ice Climbers conquered his Falco and Jigglypuff.

And the fact that no one up there has ever played against Ice Climbers is NOT the reason why I did so good. Not at all.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Name the new series for 2007 Big Utah Smash Tournaments (BUST). ;)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Or "Competative Utah Smash Tournament and Real... diamonds."

So much for CUSTARD.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i got a couple that i think its pretty good.

umbrella tournament: utah's money beggin, real empty, loser land a$$HOLE tournament
or
utah's monkey pts. : utah's monthly overpriced no kommercial empty your pocket tournament.

if you guys were wondering, it took me a while to think of these cool names.
or we can just go with buzz's idea.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Greetings noobs. This is Comodore Cause from Farmington, NM, not too far away. The Play N Trade will be having WEEKLY tourneys every wed this summer. A smash summer league if you will. Prizes and other finer details are yet to be announced. Sorry no cash prizes, but hey, MM's are welcomed. Also, the employees here accept all challenges. We have declared ourselves an Official Gym, beat us a get a badge, lulz. No joke.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Utah Smash Finder Map (Simna's Global Smasher Compendium on Google Earth):
GSC Thread
GSC Wiki Page
PM Simna with your smash name, main character, full address, and optionally any online contact iinfo to add yourself
OK, Frappr sucks even more than it used to, so everyone should add themselves to the global smasher compendium. Only Gojira and I have been on it for at least a year now. The rest of you are very slow. Google Earth is awesome. :)

(quote is from the edited first post)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Driving 7.5 hours for a local PnT tournament every wednesday this summer? Count me in!!!

Seriously, provoking people isn't the greatest way to get them to drive out to your oos tournaments.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Utah has 4 people in St. George (southwest corner) and everyone else is 5 hours north :( Sorry.

If more Utah smashers added themselves to the GSC then OOS would be able to see that more easily... ;)

C!Z

Smash Lord
The thought of it is sweet though, I would love to play in a competitive environment on a weekly basis(probably cuz I'm so addicted haha). I might be able to actually make this upcoming tourney I'm hoping and if I do I'm bringing the noise! Oh if anyone is interested in a $10 Character ditto MM first to 13 let me know. maybe $20 if 10 doesn't seem worth the trouble

laozy

Smash Journeyman
hey i'll do a character ditto with you for 5$ first to 7. high tiers only. lets see....fox, shiek,falco,marth,peach,samus,cf

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What he means is a ditto of the 25 characters (Zelda and Sheik counting as one). You'll play a ditto every time with a different character every time, and the order of the characters are randomly selected. The first one to get 13 victories, wins (as 13/25 is more than half). This is pretty much to show who is capable of playing with the most characters well. I always try to get C!Z to MM me this way but he always chickens out.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Lol don't you call me a chicken, I can't help it if you've been playing this game competitively for about a year longer than me. You'll get your character ditto soon enough just not now ;)
What he means is a ditto of the 25 characters (Zelda and Sheik counting as one). You'll play a ditto every time with a different character every time, and the order of the characters are randomly selected. The first one to get 13 victories, wins (as 13/25 is more than half). This is pretty much to show who is capable of playing with the most characters well. I always try to get C!Z to MM me this way but he always chickens out.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
That sounds so fun! C!Z, I'm going to be up there this weekend. If we can pull an extra on-the-side smashfest somewhere, I might be interested. I never played you with High Tier characters, so I have no idea how well I'd do. We'd have to play a frew friendlies before I decide.

That is, if something like that happens.

And hells no, I'm not driving to New Mexico. That's still 3.5 hours away. I'd rather drive the extra half hour and go to SLC. Or stop by in Vegas. Or go crazy and drive 6 hours to Sand Diego. 7 to Boise. 10 to Portland.

Who goes to New Mexico? No wonder you're desperate.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
There's a smashfest this saturday at Nate's and I'm sure he wouldn't mind more people.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Zack is going to your house (or at least plans on it) and I was also going to go.

C!Z

Smash Lord
LOL Nates response was funny haha Yeah the character ditto thing is fun, I already had it accepted once and a half one which I'm not sure if it counts lol Hey well if you guys are gonna be playing some Smash you should let me know...that's if you wouldn't mind another ;)

Top Bottom