• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sooo, I got an internship with SkyWest, which means I get free airline tickets now, which means, I can be in Salt Lake a whole lot more if I wanted to.

The only problem is, is that I'd need someone to pick me up from the airport every time. Do any of you live by the airport, or pass it on the way to FTS's house? If you do, I'd go to about every other tournament if I had time.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
if you need a ride, just call junpei....hes a taxi driver.

anyways u guys did so well the last tournament, i think we'll have a hard time. plus if buzz is going to be there that equals more trouble for us. its going to be 15-stocked instead of 16 :chuckle:

btw i dont think i'll be hosting a tournament in june or go to vegas. i might just go to skybar or something. I'LL KEEEP YOU GUYS POSTED

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
They're stopping by on their way to OC3, so sometime in June. Or July. A J month.

Is Junpei an actual Taxi driver? If so, that'd be neat.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Man, yet another tournament I'll be missing. I swear, once scool lets out I randomly get busy with other stuff and can never make it to tournies. It is Mother's Day weekend though, so it sort of makes sense. Hopefully I'll see you guys next month. :/

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Haven't seen you in a while :(
Hey everyone, Im new to the Forums and was thinking about Going to the Smash Tournament on May 12. But I wanted to know If theres anyone that lives near Orem who can give me a ride. *Would Appreciate it*
anyone able to give this guy a ride?

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, Im new to the Forums and was thinking about Going to the Smash Tournament on May 12. But I wanted to know If theres anyone that lives near Orem who can give me a ride. *Would Appreciate it*
Yea another new person besides me. Cant wait to go to the tourney may 12 and see how well I do. I don't know about a ride though. I don't ever go down that far.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The tournament is at FoxTheStampede's house, with registrations starting at noon and tournament at 1 PM, as usual, right?
Also, like always, I don't know who'll be coming with me, probably until last minute, again.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
S . L . U . T 3

Ok I'm hosting the next tournament 3 weeks from now on June 2nd.

Date: June 2nd
Start Time: 1:00 p.m Low tier > 45 minute lunch break > Singles > Crew battles
Entry Fee: $5 Singles, $4 Low Tier Singles, $4 Crew Battles
Rules: Usual rules but in preparation for OC3, no random stages may be banned.
Crew Battle: Rules will depend on the number of people that go. If we have at least 4 crews that want to do crew battles, we'll do a double elimination bracket. If we have less than that, we'll do round robin.
Singles will be 4 round robin pools with the top 3 from each pool advancing into a double elimination bracket IF there are at least 20 people.

Don't worry, I'll make sure to have more chairs this time around.
Also, if there are people who would prefer to change the date to May 26th or June 9th then adjustments can be made.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'll fly up! Junpei, give me your address so I'll know how to get there from my sister's house.

And I have no crew... so yeah... I'll see if I can squeeze myself into any of yours.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
His address is already mentioned in that post of his.

Oh, almost forgot: Is the Power Rankings Thread ready yet? It's after the May 12th tournament, now.

Gojira

Smash Lord
So is there room for one more in the OC3 trip? Cuz I'm pretty sure that I want to go.
hell if Phil doesnt go im sure you would be fine

and about our last tourney. I want to say congrats to those who did good, however, next tourney I will not be on a suicidefest so watch out.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
...Zack, we only have 4 people going so far. Unless you don't want to go with more than 4 people, C!Z would be fine.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
May 12, 2007 Tournament Results

May 12, 2007 Tournament Results

Singles:
1: PerfectChaos
2: Chao
3: Rafa
4: Laozy
5: RagingAsian
6: C!Z
7: Gojira
7: FTS
9: Clentes
9: Sada
9: Soto
9: DarkRyu
13: Dusda

Teams:
1: Dirty Douches (PC + Rafa)
2: Koopfoxalypse (FTS + Gojira)
3: Sparta (Chao + Soto)
4: Woot (Laozy + C!Z)
5: Dragon (RA + Sada)

Gojira

Smash Lord

Entry Fee: $5 Singles, $4 Low Tier, $4 Crew Battles
Rules: Same as usual for singles and low tier. Crew battles will be either 4 man crews or we'll have a draft if we need to.

Also, if there are people who would prefer to change the date to May 26th or June 9th then adjustments can be made.

be more specific on low tier, is that just singles, or singles and doubls each being two? Is the crew battles going to be Round robin and are the crews going to be like, who plays vs who mroe often location crew or what? Also are you going to get rid of the cans with straws in them that are on your desk.....some dont have straws.....

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
For the rankings, RagingAsian officially beat C!Z for the solo slot of 5th place. AND YOU ONCE AGAIN DIDN'T CHANGE OUR TEAM NAME!! Rafa-Son made a joke...

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet

Entry Fee: $5 Singles, $4 Low Tier, $4 Crew Battles
Rules: Same as usual for singles and low tier. Crew battles will be either 4 man crews or we'll have a draft if we need to.

Why is there not a team tourney?
What do you mean by low tier?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I took out teams to make time for low tier singles only and crew battles. But if more people would prefer to just do teams and not do low tier and crew battles then we can have yet another tournament with JUST normal singles and doubles.

Low tier tournaments are tournaments that have a restriction on which characters can be used.

The current list of allowed characters would be as follows(probably won't be the right order):
Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Ness
Young Link
Pikachu
Zelda
Yoshi
Bowser
Mr. Game and Watch
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

Edit: I'll decide the rules for crew battles later when I have a better idea of who will be coming and no, I won't be cleaning the cans of pepsi with/without straws.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I'm excited. I really need someone to pick me up, though. Maybe even let me stay at their place for the night.

I could stay at my sister's, but it's out of the way for everyone, except Zack, who doesn't have a car. Whoever usually picks up Zack, could you give me a ride as well? I'm on the way to his house in Kaysville.

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
Dang, I've been away from the boards way too long; long enough to have missed the last tourney. Well I'll be there for the next one. Count me in Junpei. It'd be sweet if I could get a crew together too, but that might be a bit hard. We'll see how it goes.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I should be at this next one! My birthday is June 1st, so it will be awesome to have a tourny the day after. The days of the unbeatible Falco are drawing ever nearer...

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I should be at this next one! My birthday is June 1st, so it will be awesome to have a tourny the day after. The days of the unbeatible Falco are drawing ever nearer...
Ahhhh Layne!!!! Don't worry. I'm not unbeatable....not yet.:laugh:

S

Sayuri

Hey Junpei (it's Sally I just never post) so with the low tier battles what if someone mains a low tier character? EX: Gojira/Bowser? Do they just have the upper hand or do they take some sort of handicap (i wish they do but highly doubt). Cause that really sucks...

Baka^ni

Smash Cadet
The low tier idea sounds interesting, but at this next tourney I should have my team mate with me and he dying for a doubles tourney.
I good either way, but the doubles would work better.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Handicaps would be dirty. Gojira and I have earned the right to dominate in a low tier tournament.

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
Yeah i figured that there wouldn't be handicaps that's why i said i highly doubt it. and buzz does have an excellent point.
edit: dammit i just replied under gideon. this is what happens when he comes to my house and uses my compy!!

Top Bottom