• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ew, why would you travel with a TV, Pustulio? How far away is Evanston, Wyoming, anyhow?

So, as of now, St. George is 100%. Three people are coming as of now, but we might bring more. Everyone needs to bring their friends, and make this tournament HUGE! Because hell, I'm not going to win. Might as well have fun losing.

My biggest goal is to not get second to last. If I do, that'll mean I haven't gotten any better since September.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
After rereading your post bobo, I realize that you said absolutely nothing about losing to Layne's Falco. I dropped Jiggs as my main so don't be surprised if I pull out Falco on you during a tournament match.

Yes, we should have an STD fest at FtS' house after USC2.

Takalth

Smash Ace
How many TV's can your house support, FTS? If we get enough people, is there any possibility of spilling into other rooms or such? If you can support enough, I will see if I can find an affordable TV before then since this looks like we will have awesome attendance.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Oh, RA, it is on. It is SOOO on, I'll stop going easy on you.
But really, RA's Falco came out of nowhere...

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Ew, why would you travel with a TV, Pustulio? How far away is Evanston, Wyoming, anyhow?
Well we have alot of space in our vehicle for a TV first of all is why. Evanston is maybe 1 hour away from Salt Lake and maybe 2 hours away from Provo. Evanston is right on the border so these Utah places are closer than any other Wyoming towns or cities.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Oh, RA, it is on. It is SOOO on, I'll stop going easy on you.
But really, RA's Falco came out of nowhere...
Not as out of nowhere as mine!

ST. GEORGE FTW.

But really, the only thing we've got going for us is an amazing Jigglypuff (Vegas approved!) and me being pretty much the only person in the state that uses IC's.

Takalth

Smash Ace
and me being pretty much the only person in the state that uses IC's.
Ice climber ditto match. I've never actually tried one of those before, but I'm fairly competent with the IC's, so I'd like to see how it goes.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ice Climbers are broken if I feel like making them broken. Shiek is broken without even trying.

And Takalth-- it's on! With no grabs, it'll mostly be a 'KILL THE NANA' competition. Oh well. It'll be fun.

Pustulio, go to the tournament on the 31st so that I can feel more special by not being OoS but having to travel farther.

Takalth

Smash Ace
anyone who can beat bowser is broken........

well cant the ICe climbers CG jiggs?
I believe so, as long as you time short hopped dairs correctly.

In my case, though, I've been working a lot more on desynching than chain grabbing. It's a lot cooler (though probably not as effective for the amount of effort involved).

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
My IC's are a lot more flashy than useful. I can pull off every trick, but they never hit anyone. It's sad.

^
|
His IC's are more entertaining to watch than the daily show with John Stewart. Of course that show kinda lost its edge when the Colbert Report took off, but I think you get what I'm saying.

Anyhewz, pustulio if you don't go I won't have anyone to talk about my speedily splooch with, and that makes me one sad panda. So reconsider!

lengeta

Smash Ace
I gots some awesome news! One of my managers at FYE talked with out Nintendo rep and we're going to be doing a huge Smash Bros. Brawl tournament. I think we're going to try and get it going on the day before the game's released, but if not it should be awesome reguardless. If I'm still working there when it comes out, then yeah, I'll be running the whole thing!

There is a little bit of bad news with it though. We'll be using it to push sales, right now my manager want's the 'entry fee' to be a pre-order on the game. Not a big deal to most, but there may be a few with reservations elsewhere, friends getting it, etc. I don't think that will quite work, so hopefully I can create another way to enter. I'm thinking a BSP signup (FYE's membership card, 10% of everything in the store [20% on your birthday], $25 for a one year) might work, and maybe a few other options. I'll also have to cater to the general audience rather than the hardcore, but I'll do the best I can. 4-way might have to happen, but getting 1v1 will be my first priority. I'm also hopeing I can somehow talk management into letting me play the game early to unlock more characters, that probably won't happen but I'll argue it to the end of my breath.

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on that.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Wow, someone take some pictures of that tournament. Layne, you are incredibly resourceful! ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Layne... you should be a character in Brawl. I'm writing Nintendo right now. Sorry, but I don't want your friends in it. We don't want more clone characters.

Just outta curiosity, you happen to know a release date for Brawl would you? Granted, I probably wouldn't believe you; many people claimed to know when Twilight Princess was coming out and missed by about seven months! There were even sources from "friends working at Nintendo", but they were still wrong. Methinks we can only know when Nintendo's web site announces it (just as it finally did for Zelda).

But hey, I'm always good for a release date rumor! ^_^

lengeta

Smash Ace
No, there's no release date yet. It's been mentioned somewhere that it will be out in Japan in 2007 though, that's the closest thing anyone has to go on. I'm betting it will be a christmas time release, but that's really just a guess. I'm hoping we know around E3.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Gameplay.

A new problem has arisen for the St. George smashers. My sister, who I usually stay with whenever I come to one of these, is having TONS of family from her husband's side of the family at her house the same week for conference.

I was wondering if someone out there could provide housing for 4, (or maybe 3), well-behaved, polite, and sexy people from St. George. A nice sturdy floor is all we'd need, and we can live off of fast food--since I already do that anyway.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
That brings up a pertinent point xsyven... How are we going to reconcile the whole conference thing? To those of you who don't know, we lds's have conference twice a year with the leaders of our church, and saturday just happens to be it... I doubt many people I invite will want to come, because they will most likely be listening to/ watching it, and it goes from 10-12, 2-4 and 6-8 I think. somethin like that, but basically all day. I also seem kind of blasphemous inviting people, heh. What do you guys think >.< ?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I always miss Saturday conference... but other than that, I'm pretty sure the tournaments won't last from 10am to 8pm.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I will be going to the Priesthood session(which hopefully won't involve missing the singles tournament), and I can read the other two in the Ensign. I think you can also download the audio version from LDS.org as well.

So Cdbobo,

Last time Xsyven and I duked it out on a conference weekend tournament, we made it out on time for the 6-8 session, which in my opinion is all the saturday spiritual juice I need.

And just because I'm going up with Xsyven, I'll quote him for fear of getting enveloped by his sticky family.

Gameplay.

A new problem has arisen for the St. George smashers. My sister, who I usually stay with whenever I come to one of these, is having TONS of family from her husband's side of the family at her house the same week for conference.

I was wondering if someone out there could provide housing for 4, (or maybe 3), well-behaved, polite, and sexy people from St. George. A nice sturdy floor is all we'd need, and we can live off of fast food--since I already do that anyway.
End woot.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I won't be able to make it. I just had a close friend die Monday night. His funeral is Saturday morning, so naturally I'm going to be down in Delta all weekend. I looked forward to going to this one, but we'll have another good one in the near future.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I won't be able to make it. I just had a close friend die Monday night. His funeral is Saturday morning, so naturally I'm going to be down in Delta all weekend. I looked forward to going to this one, but we'll have another good one in the near future.

My dearest apologies.........

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Final Schedule for Utah Smash Champ 2 (this weekend)

Do not arrive before 11:00am (I'll be sleeping/waking up still)

Registration starts 11:00am
Low Tier Teams will start at 11:30am (if it happens, otherwise we skip to low tier singles)
Low Tier Singles after Low Tier Teams
Depending on time, break will either be after Low Tiers or regular Teams
Teams, then Singles

Don't arrive later than 12noon if you want to do low tier stuff. We plan on being strict with that time limit.

Plan on all 4 tournaments + break to take a while, but not too long. :p

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Dang man Layne... sorry to hear that.
However, this means that I no longer have a ride. Is anyone else driving up from provo :p? If not, I can deal, because my brothers wanted to do something this weekend anyway and my neice is turning 2 on sunday... and General Conference.... So, despite the fact that this tourney will be awesome, I have other things I can do if need be. Still... I would like to go :|. So... anyone wanna gimme a ride? I suppose I could pay gas money... but if you have to go more than.. oh idk 20 miles out of your way (total) it's pry not worth it. Lemme know, heh.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I can't wait to wobble EACH and EVERY one of you! GWAHAHA! (not really)

Cdbobo, FTS and I were talkin' about your situation, and we've decided that tomorrow, (friday... today, if you're reading it on friday), on our way to FTS's (we're stopping there for friendlies before going to my sister's house in Kaysville) that we pick you up and take you to FTS's for friendlies. Then after that, we leave you at FTS's, you stay in his cage (or couch), and then the next day after the tournament, we can drive you home.

Whattaya say?

Sorry to hear what happened, Layne. I hope everything works out fine for you and your friend's family.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Would somebody be kind enough to list all available characters for the Low Tier tourneys... I'm gonna have to perfect one in the matter of 2 hours!!

Top Bottom