• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Livin

Smash Rookie
Hey Utah!
Smasher from Ottawa Canada here, in Utah for May, now that school's done. I'll try to make it out to the Wednesday SLC weekly (for melee) eventually, when I find a way to get there, lol. In the meantime, however, I'm hungry to smash, so I'd be happy to host in the Cottonwood Heights area sometime (if people are interested). I'll also be happy to moneymatch whoever, when I get some American cash. Hope to meet and smash with you all soon!

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Hey Utah!
Smasher from Ottawa Canada here, in Utah for May, now that school's done. I'll try to make it out to the Wednesday SLC weekly (for melee) eventually, when I find a way to get there, lol. In the meantime, however, I'm hungry to smash, so I'd be happy to host in the Cottonwood Heights area sometime (if people are interested). I'll also be happy to moneymatch whoever, when I get some American cash. Hope to meet and smash with you all soon!
Where in Cottonwood Heights are you at? I live in the area as well (I'm right next to Fort Union)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Hey Utah!
Is Canada that place with polar bears?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
This week, ADLP, one of the best players in southern Utah, moved to Las Vegas for the summer. The last weekly before He left featured a hype grand finals between ADLP and Myself, which can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuWl-5tYnbs
such a fun and taxing set i loved it

wish i didnt throw game 1 from the first set with my fraudulent fox

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Splatoon is the **** man. I just finished global testfire and I'm so glad I already bought the game.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Would any of you Nortah folks be interested in coming down to Cedar City for a 64 & Melee monthly? Around the 23rd.

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Any tourney tomorrow that yaz and I can come kick your butts at?
BYU Tourney's might be going on still if there's nothing else, I'm probably going to that

edit: They aren't doing a tournament, but instead a smash fest in Provo

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Would any of you Nortah folks be interested in coming down to Cedar City for a 64 & Melee monthly? Around the 23rd.
Sure, just start it in the afternoon so northern peeps don't have to leave too early and I can bring down some people

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
are you guys watching press start?! if not, you're missing the greatest doubles strategy of all time!!!

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
On mobile, too lazy to get thethe link. Should be showdown smash though. @RVKYS almost made it out of pools, but he played terrible at the beginning and lost to someone he shouldn't have. He finished his round robins pool strong though with like 3 straight wins!

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Sure, just start it in the afternoon so northern peeps don't have to leave too early and I can bring down some people
Would 3 be late enough? Also what if I moved it to the 30th?

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Who wants to team at L+R+A+Start X? Anybody wanna go double Roy?

Anybody ever go to the Kaysville weeklies? I live close by and was just wondering what they're like.

I can also bring a PM setup (no TV) to it if anybody wants to play.
I think what Shane was referring to is the bi-monthly at Hajomaje in Kaysville on Saturdays. There is(was) a weekly in Kaysville at the GameDen in which Melee was mostly played, but we would absolutely love to see another setup with Project M there. We also usually have at least 1 Smash 4 setup, but it's generally a Melee-driven weekly. Like I said before though, a Project M setup would be great, I'd play on it for sure.

I suppose I should announce it here too, for anyone interested in attending the Kaysville(now Layton) weekly. The GameDen has actually been moved, and is no longer in Kaysville. It's now at the location 719 N. Main Street Layton. Whoever is in charge of the Google Doc may want to update it, or I can do it myself if that would be more convenient.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Standard DI applies to being launched Vertically.
Vectoring applies to being launched Horizontally.

Not a single person can explain why it's like this because to do so would require the ability to dive into the minds of the people that thought this was a good idea. We can just explain how it works.

Top Bottom