• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
What happened to ruin challonge for you?
Having to take an hour and a half to rebuild my bracket from scratch after someone showed up late. I was going to put them in a bye, but because the bracket had been started (and some games had already been called), I had to completely rebuild the bracket by hand after screenshoting it rather than being able to just stick that person in a bye spot.

Also, I would rather not have to rely on the internet working in order to run my tournament (we have had that issue in the past as well)

Last edited:

Spank3d

Smash Cadet
Melee and PM fest at my place (Provo) at 6pm tonight, text me for the details! (208)761-8464

broliftic

Smash Cadet
Anybody ever go to the Kaysville weeklies? I live close by and was just wondering what they're like.

I can also bring a PM setup (no TV) to it if anybody wants to play.

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
Anybody ever go to the Kaysville weeklies? I live close by and was just wondering what they're like.

Last time I was there it was smash 4 only. And it's a bi weekly.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
the more i play melee and smash 4 the more im ok with PM dying

sux cause in st. george most would rather play PM over melee but they're slowly coming to the melee light as the pinnacle of smash. and smash 4 is bringing in the new peeps and it's pretty fun competitively with customs imo

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
in other words death to PM get owned and play melee instead ROFL bye

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Can we trade places lol
And I'm holding out for a resurge in PM popularity, Smash 4 already feels like it's dying everywhere else
I wouldn't count on Smash 4 dying just yet. Slowing down, maybe, but it's here to stay for a while. As for PM it probably won't reach the level of popularity it had in 2014 anytime soon, but it definitely isn't going anywhere.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
Last time I was there it was smash 4 only. And it's a bi weekly.

Theres a Melee (and i think PM) at game day every week on wednesday and melee weekly up at weber on thursdays. There's a smash 4 only tourney bi monthly on the first and third saturday of every month. We have one this weekend on the 2nd.

Edit: wrong date

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
moneys on mayweather
bets anyone?
fox vs marth? pressure vs counter? isn't this is fox's favor ;-)?

but the betting lines heavily favor mayweather right now :-p. that being said, i think more people are rooting for pacquiao. it's a win-win bet. if mayweather wins, you get some money; if pacquiao wins, the person you wanted to win wins :-p.

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count on Smash 4 dying just yet. Slowing down, maybe, but it's here to stay for a while. As for PM it probably won't reach the level of popularity it had in 2014 anytime soon, but it definitely isn't going anywhere.
I'm kind of torn on PM. I like the concept of having more viable characters because l enjoy learning and practicing different match-ups. However, I feel like some of the character design isn't that great, and I really don't like the way Ice Climbers have been handled from both a design and a balance perspective. I want to see PM become Melee with more viable characters and stages, but right now it feels like there are 10-15 Melee characters and the rest feel like I'm playing a Smash 4 or Brawl character (which I don' find fun to play as or against).

Smash Journeyman
Is there another way to control wavedash distance? I've always used different angles for different length wavedashes.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Yo @ Jekyll Jekyll , do you do different wavedash angles to control how far you go as luigi?
I try. I still have a certain angle that I fall back to as my comfort zone, but the smaller wavedash distances are really useful for when I can shake the GTFO!! or GTFI!! reactionary mindset and actually make useful spacing adjustments.

Edit: Another thing that I do is dash against my wavedash momentum (or dash dance out of the momentum completely) so that I get a quick burst of speed without travelling the full distance. That's mostly used as an attempt to force a reaction from someone who's playing more defensively.

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
So anyone down for Sm4sh right now? I could use the practice

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
So anyone down for Sm4sh right now? I could use the practice
I was just on anther's ladder. If you want to come to the haj early tonight for the tournament I'll practice with you for about an hour

Edit: I really need to practice on my wall techs

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I'm kind of torn on PM. I like the concept of having more viable characters because l enjoy learning and practicing different match-ups. However, I feel like some of the character design isn't that great, and I really don't like the way Ice Climbers have been handled from both a design and a balance perspective. I want to see PM become Melee with more viable characters and stages, but right now it feels like there are 10-15 Melee characters and the rest feel like I'm playing a Smash 4 or Brawl character (which I don' find fun to play as or against).
I can't say much about the thought behind the character design since I'm really only involved with stage stuff. On a personal level though, I actually enjoy the fact that it feels like I'm playing as or against a Brawl character. I really like the character designs of the Brawl characters (almost all the original designs, and many of the PM ones) and I feel that they bring something new and fresh to the table. I definitely wouldn't want PM to become "Melee with more viable characters and stages." At that point, I might as well just play Melee. If you're looking for something like that though, you could check out Melee: SD Remix.

Oh also, as for Ice Climbers, they're bugged in 3.5. They'll be fixed once 3.6 arrives.

Smash Journeyman
Oh also, as for Ice Climbers, they're bugged in 3.5. They'll be fixed once 3.6 arrives.
Yeah, I've been waiting a while for some bug fixes, but even without the bugs they feel pretty underwhelming compared to a lot of the cast, and they play too much like Brawl Ice Climbers IMO.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i think i mentioned earlier that im spending my summer in vegas and ill be smashing hard so when ur all down here for EVO im gonna MM u all

be scared

Top Bottom