• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ SoapSuds SoapSuds here's mango and hax playing on my setup (complete with nintendont and stuff) with no complaints. No johns ;-).
IMG_20150510_181950.jpg

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Really? That's cool, seeing as Idaho people were telling me that 2 other tournaments were happening at that time
which idaho did you talk to, because dmw is from a different part of idaho than qraq, j$, rabidjackal, and stuff :-p

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
since theres now time limit to the venue why not have all 3 events again?
im no pm player but their event getting shafted doesn't seem fair
and since sm4sh takes longer shouldn't it be starting first or at least the middle game?

Last edited:

Atticus_22

Smash Cadet
since theres now time limit to the venue why not have all 3 events again?
im no pm player but their event getting shafted doesn't seem fair
and since sm4sh takes longer shouldn't it be starting first or at least the middle game?
I'd be down for PM that game is growing on me.

Snotbubbler

Smash Rookie
So I've went to one of the Provo GamersAbbey tournaments before (at the gameden) and noticed they had a lot of lag free monitors for people to use there. What are the names of these monitors? I need a somewhat portable / lightweight monitor to use for practicing melee and such. The current CRT I use for practicing melee is such a huge and bulky tv

Thanks!

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i demand a thread title change. i demand it

consider it demanded

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
@ Snotbubbler Snotbubbler : They're BenQ monitors. I specifically use the RL2460HT due to HDMI out. But they have also RL2455HT that should for needs. I think they also came out with a 27 inch version. Feel free to also check out www.displaylag.com for other possibilities.

@ adlp adlp : Request granted

Smash Journeyman
I demand another title change. ADLP is currently living in Las Vegas, therefore we cannot call Utah "Home of the free ADLP" until he returns.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ N nqztv , doesn't change the fact that @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos 's own controller doesn't work on it :p
you seem to be conflating issues :-p. that has nothing to do with display lag which you complained about on the tv. in fact, it has nothing to do with nintendont either, which you also complain about. basically, you complain about a lot of things ;-).

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
gamer would be great if it didnt have a cave of life half the time as well as mom tho

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
@ N nqztv did you test it with PC? I was under the impression he thought it was all 20xx setups, which would lead me to think it's nintedon't as people seem to conflate those two things often enough. I've been meaning to check with his controller if it shields all the time on nintendon't vs dios mios vs regular mios, or if it's consistent at all. If you don't remember a while back PC also said he would rather have the stream setups being more vanilla. I'm also not the only person in the world who complains about nintendon't or laggy CRTs (I did admit it was probably bias) :p

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Since we are talking about lag...

If you have not read this article, you should. At least skim through... It explains game lag pretty thoroughly. At any rate, we should educate ourselves about lag before discussing lag. I'm sure a good handful of people have read it but there's no harm in posting it.

http://meleeiton.me/2014/03/27/this-tv-lags-a-guide-on-input-and-display-lag/

The link below is to the input delay tester code. Anybody else know of any other methods to test lag? These are the only two methods I know about.

http://smashboards.com/threads/code-input-delay-tester.337865/

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ N nqztv did you test it with PC? I was under the impression he thought it was all 20xx setups, which would lead me to think it's nintedon't as people seem to conflate those two things often enough. I've been meaning to check with his controller if it shields all the time on nintendon't vs dios mios vs regular mios, or if it's consistent at all. If you don't remember a while back PC also said he would rather have the stream setups being more vanilla. I'm also not the only person in the world who complains about nintendon't or laggy CRTs (I did admit it was probably bias) :p
his problem existed before nintendont even became a thing. if pc came to more things, we could check some stuff, but c'est la vie. you're the only person who complains about it on a consistent basis in our scene ;-). you just hate that tv because you didn't know how to set it up and get it working before. you also hate nintendon't because of a bad experience you had with it before (perhaps during the time when they had major bugs). now you are looking through the colored lenses of confirmation bias to validate your dislike for those things :-p.

Since we are talking about lag...

If you have not read this article, you should. At least skim through... It explains game lag pretty thoroughly. At any rate, we should educate ourselves about lag before discussing lag. I'm sure a good handful of people have read it but there's no harm in posting it.

http://meleeiton.me/2014/03/27/this-tv-lags-a-guide-on-input-and-display-lag/

The link below is to the input delay tester code. Anybody else know of any other methods to test lag? These are the only two methods I know about.

http://smashboards.com/threads/code-input-delay-tester.337865/
fizzi also came up with an update video a little while back. it hasn't gotten much attention cause it got buried by something (the sandstorm debacle stuff, i think). i used that code way back in the day and i didn't find it very helpful. too much variability with reaction time and button pressing or something.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
are there any events with pm in it on wednesday night

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
if you come, i'll be sure to include it for the weekly ;-). just gotta let me know in advance :-p.
I get off of work at 5 pm on wednesday and can drive down immediately after. ^_^

Top Bottom