• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ TheGrifBaller TheGrifBaller you're going to have to be more specific since we now have like a bajillion different weeklies going on, but if you're talking about the salt lake weekly, it's tonight.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Tonight, venue opens at 5 PM (we'll still be setting some stuff up). Aiming for tourney around 6ish

Tuesday

Smash Ace
I think it was $10 for melee. Someone who actually went could probably confirm. Entry fees are usually $10-$20 for most games.

Who else is planning on going this year?
I already registered, it was $10 for Melee.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
@ adlp adlp thanks. i just wish more people would use/update them besides me :-p. i noticed you're staying with relatives, do you have any room for other smashers, or is it already full?
i don't have any extra room

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
guys i want you all to know that i now sexually identify as an attack helicopter thank you for treating me kindly in advance

god bless

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
Remember Utah there are 2 big tournaments in Vegas in 2 weeks; one is for Smash 4 WiiU the other is Melee/PM. Listed below... :)

By Vegas Smash 4 Wii U:
DVDA#7: Year of the Goat
@ GameWorks Las Vegas
Friday, February 20th
https://facebook.com/events/394541537381274
Register online for free! (No payment required until day of tournament):
For Singles (choose a pool wave time from 1pm through 7pm), please fill out the registration form ASAP: http://bit.ly/DVDA7entry
Singles has a 192 cap.
For Doubles (starts 3pm sharp), please use this online registration form: http://bit.ly/DVDA7doubles
Doubles has a 24 cap.
NOTE: All entry fees and the venue fee for DVDA#7 will be paid day of tournament at GameWorks Las Vegas.

&

By Vegas Smash Melee/PM:
SHFFL UP AND DEAL (Melee/PM)(Melee $1000 POT BONUS!)
@ Press Start Gaming Center
Friday, February 20th [Registration & friendlies]
Saturday, February 21st [Late registration & tournament day]
& Sunday, February 22nd [Second chance tournament, Top 16 & S.S.C.]
https://facebook.com/events/1587355778162838
Register & pay online: http://form.jotform.us/form/50134874112144
Online pre-registration will close on February 20th at 7PM, at which point you will only be able to pre-register on-site at Press Start Gaming Center from 7PM-2AM. Last minute registration is set to happen on the 21st from 10AM-11:45AM, but there's no guarantees of safe seeding if you procrastinate that much!
NOTE: Venue fee for Press Start Gaming Center will still be paid at the venue. Online pre-reg is for entry into tournaments only.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, 801 Labs (where we're doing the Salt Lake Weeklies) has an open house today. We have a Smash 4 set up going on the side, so if you want to check it out and didn't have a chance yesterday, stop on by!

www.801labs.org

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
salt lake smashers. come to the hackerspace and play smash with me. I'm bored.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
oh, no worries. i'm there with you. that's why i've been having people try out my dolphin setup. i want it to happen, especially for the streams. just a matter of convincing everyone to go along with it :-p.

Sampsium

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sampsium
welp...got my mission call...and my dad wont let me go to las vegas. But thats ok because priorities.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
tomorrow's game den weekly will not have smash for wii u since get air hang time in orem is having a wii u tournament at the same time. instead we'll be doing pm singles and doubles!

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys been a on and off smash im from WY, never really played a ton on the older ones since I had noone local, did go to a few melee tournaments long time ago in sandy for melee. Where is the Utah smash 4 community gathering nowdays? Would like to look into coming down and playing some. Thanks all.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
check out our utah smash events google doc and calendar. unfortunately, northern utah is mostly about project m or melee. keep your eye out for the regional tournaments by @ Tsuteto Tsuteto which will happen every 3-4 months, and the monthlies at neumont. they will have the best turnout for smash 4.

if you just happen to be in the area, the provo game den weeklies get around 20 entrants every week for smash 4 and you can check out some of the videos on the gamer's abbey youtube channel. we're also starting up a weekly in salt lake city which will probably have a decent smash 4 turnout as well.

TheGrifBaller

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGrifballer
3DS FC
2122-8174-1282
so it seems i`m going to be a scrub and going to using Mario. at least as a secondary:c:ohwell:

Last edited:
Top Bottom