• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
There's a tournament in Vegas? I'm working in Vegas the next 4 weeks
yo, we need to hang out regardless of if you enter the smash stuff or not. it's been too long!

also, i just found out the space for the slc weekly is available tomorrow. there was supposed to be a class at night, but it was moved, so if we want to start the weekly tomorrow, we could. let me know if you would want to. thanks!

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
hey guys thinking about registering for evo. the three day pass is $70 but how much is entering melee on top of that? anyone else planning on going?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
hey guys thinking about registering for evo. the three day pass is $70 but how much is entering melee on top of that? anyone else planning on going?
I think it was $10 for melee. Someone who actually went could probably confirm. Entry fees are usually $10-$20 for most games.

Who else is planning on going this year?

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Which one of you folks is coming down for Melee this weekend?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
ok, so the salt lake city weekly will happen tomorrow (friday) at 5pm. it will be held in the 801labs hackerspace at 353 east 200 s, salt lake city, ut. you can park at the crown burger, the laundromat behind crown burger, or the big lots across the street. we're working on getting signage for the space, but as of right now, there isn't any, so when you park, text/call either me or @ Tsuteto Tsuteto and we'll help you get to the hackerspace (utah smasher directory).

this is a new hackerspace and they will holding an open house and be inviting the press on saturday, so we have to keep it cleaner than it was before. this is a community-driven space that has no employees to clean up after us.

there will be a $5 entry which is waived if you bring a wii u, smash 4, and a gamecube adapter. the fee can also be waived if you do a chore for the space (clean toilet, vacuum floors, wipe down surfaces, etc.).

i will be bringing my streaming setup, we'll have setups for all the various smash games, we'll have smash videos playing in the background, we'll be ordering pizza and stuff. come hang out and have some fun smashing. if we get enough people interested, we can do a tournament as well.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i want to make a child labor law joke but it's probably been exhausted

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
nqztv can i just take a step back and appreciate the time you put into google docs for the utah scene

because it's great

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ adlp adlp thanks. i just wish more people would use/update them besides me :-p. i noticed you're staying with relatives, do you have any room for other smashers, or is it already full?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
this picture might help those of you who plan on attending the salt lake city weekly on friday or in the future. note the cross streets and where crown burger, big lots, twilight lounge, and the laundromat are. also note that the entrance is on the back/north side of the building.
801labs.png

LifeLine

Smash Rookie
Gonna drive up to the SLC weekly from AF. I'm willing to drive a bit south and pick some people up if they want to go. Springville is as far south as i'll go.

Last edited:

MassProducedWaffles

Smash Cadet
Hey I have a class that goes from 3-6. Usually the class gets out early but I can never know for sure. So if there is a melee tourney there it would be great if we started after 6

Top Bottom