• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
So the winner of the Ogden weekly tournament was Baby, with Pumpinz in second and Messiah in third, I got fourth and was so close to sweet sweet cash. After the tournament we had a U of U vs. Ogden crew battle that actually got pretty hype, which Ogden won when I bustered out hard. ;_; We should definitely try to get some sort of crew battle going at tournaments like Neumont though, it was way fun and I think everyone would be pretty into it.
how can you mention that crew battle without mentioning that I took 8 stocks for the win. You can't hide it!!!

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
streaming top 3 in wii u from the salt lake weekly soon. twitch.tv/gamersabbey

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
i knew this would happen. people aren't consistent with using the same gamer tag (this is super annoying btw). after the top 10, i just didn't really care that much to merge player data. so if people actually want their ratings to converge to a stable legitimate rating, they should use the same tag going forward. if not, i'm not gonna take the time to figure out everyone's aliases :-p.
Lol it's all good. I just blame @ Tsuteto Tsuteto for forcing us to do the money match ;). Oh and that guy at comic con who was 100% convinced that @ Pumpinz Pumpinz entered as Pumpk1nz

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Just express how glad I am that there is a Salt Lake weekly. Personally, it's not feasible for me to make other weeklies because I don't have a car. I've already noticed small improvements in my gameplay. Shoutouts to @ Tsuteto Tsuteto , @ N nqztv , and @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 for finding venues and running the show. Finding and using these venues is a real privilege that sometimes goes under appreciated. All and all, good ****.

Sampsium

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sampsium
ugh i hate work. third melee gameden weekly i have to miss. ugh....i love melee so much. ;_;

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
how am I supposed to practice smash when I have a guitar I don't understand
hope you whipper snappers don't beat up on an old man who hasn't touched the sticks in months

maybe I'll channel my inner Darthcana and say you all suck ass and I aint worried about it. prove me wrong ;)

Chiknai

Smash Rookie
More PM would be ideal, haven't had a chance to enter the Utah scene without it. Did get a nice amount of friendlies at the SLC weekly.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
so for those of you who don't know, vegas has their version of a net1234 (i.e. a young arrogant smasher who talks trash to everyone) who goes by dansdaman. we're taking wagers for who's gonna win. if you want in, go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15EcRsYZKDFoZ0zqjpjb3_n3ffEL5IqSSRWnqfLhcgtM/edit#gid=0

also, tomorrow's provo game den weekly will have wii u first at 7pm, and then melee at 9pm.
Put $100 on @net1234. Y'all should throw something in too. Payments can probably be taken at the weekly tomorrow and distributed the following week (all hush hush since we know gambling is bad but it's also okay since it's happening in Vegas actually).

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Do people realize that if both sides don't bet equal amounts on Net's money match with the Vegas kid, the payouts are not equal to the money you put up? That's kinda weird.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
you get your money back if your side wins. the pot for the other side just gets divided amongst the winners. is that not clear?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
how am I supposed to practice smash when I have a guitar I don't understand
hope you whipper snappers don't beat up on an old man who hasn't touched the sticks in months

maybe I'll channel my inner Darthcana and say you all suck *** and I aint worried about it. prove me wrong ;)
realtalk guitar is a great handwarmer for me. though i did strain myself a bit much 30 minutes ago playing really fast and hard without stretching

Top Bottom