• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
^ real talk

i dont know if that dude remembers me but he helped my sheik a ton

also side note just kidding big note there's a big anime con happening in St. George next month and we are having a 2 day tournament featuring 64, melee, PM and smash u. we will have a stream and commentary. so far we know that it's $25 to get into the venue and then the buy in for brackets go directly to charities, so you can bring money or canned goods to enter. BUT, we're looking to local businesses to sponsor for an actual prize pot and we'll update on that accordingly.

the con is http://www.fannatikufest.com/ and apparently there were upwards of 700 anime fans (animers???? u decide) so we expect a really good turnout. stay tuned adlp out

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
^ real talk

also side note just kidding big note there's a big anime con happening in St. George next month and we are having a 2 day tournament featuring 64, melee, PM and smash u. we will have a stream and commentary. so far we know that it's $25 to get into the venue and then the buy in for brackets go directly to charities, so you can bring money or canned goods to enter. BUT, we're looking to local businesses to sponsor for an actual prize pot and we'll update on that accordingly.

the con is http://www.fannatikufest.com/ and apparently there were upwards of 700 anime fans (animers???? u decide) so we expect a really good turnout. stay tuned adlp out
How much canned goods do we need bring to get in?

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
^ real talk

By "charities" do you mean my pocket? Because southern utah is FREE!!!

#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
By "charities" do you mean my pocket? Because southern utah is FREE!!!

#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS#SHOTS
#EVERYBODY

nah the 4 of us from cedar have been bootcamping melee hxc compared to st. george where they still mostly play PM lol. we'll be a bit more difficult to beat than them. we're still like a year's worth of experience than the rest of utah though. either way we want everybody to come to this and do a really good job running it so it can happen every year

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
yo this money match is hype! make sure it gets on stream. got money on my boy dansdaman ayyy jk not really

Last edited:

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
realtalk guitar is a great handwarmer for me. though i did strain myself a bit much 30 minutes ago playing really fast and hard without stretching
Everybody knows you have to stretch before going really hard and fast. Rookie mistake.

why the **** would net go sheik???
even he has more honor then that
Naw he's playing against Sheik dawg.

Atticus_22

Smash Cadet
Fest at my place today. Starts @ 4. It's just south of the intersection 3900 s and 300 e . If anyone has a Wii U set up they could bring that would be cool.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
We're still trying to figure that out. nqztv wouldn't be at the weekly tomorrow unfortunately if it does happen, so if you have bets I can give him money, and you can pay me back.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Salt Lake Weekly WILL be happening tomorrow night! We will be doing Wii U at 7:00 PM, followed by either Project M or Melee around 8:30. Which one will it be? YOU DECIDE! Community outcry AT THE EVENT will determine which game we do!

$5 venue, $3 entry per tournament. Venue fee may be waived by either bringing a full Wii U set up (game with all unlocked stages and characters, have adapter, and system, monitors are provided and not a necessity). If desired you may ask to do a chore for the place to have a venue fee waived, until all used up.

Hosted by 801labs.org. Please visit site for address. If needed, you may call my cell at 801-836-9297 for directions

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Where will this Salt Lake City weekly be? I MIGHT make it if my current plans get canceled (which they might be, but idk yet, like 50% chance).

I havent played Smash in general in forever, if I make it yall better body me or youre bad.

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
@ Z'zgashi Z'zgashi It's at 801labs which is a super cool venue with a lot of parking that has a bus stop right in front of it and is close to trax. It's a community space so there aren't any employees and tim or nqztv end up staying late to make sure everything gets cleaned up and stuff. You can find the address with a map on the smash events sheet.

@ Pumpinz Pumpinz @net1234 @Rockmix V E G A S B O Y Z

Last edited:

sonus

Smash Cadet
Where will this Salt Lake City weekly be? I MIGHT make it if my current plans get canceled (which they might be, but idk yet, like 50% chance).

I havent played Smash in general in forever, if I make it yall better body me or youre bad.

Yes you need to come.

-BERD

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
im hoping to get out of pools. i was one game off at plarstart in november. but there's da big boyz this time around. but i have gotten better. hope it evens out

last call for bets. ill be locking the bets in a few hours. if you have not gotten the money to me and net loses, i'll expect you to pay me back since i'll be personally putting up the money. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15EcRsYZKDFoZ0zqjpjb3_n3ffEL5IqSSRWnqfLhcgtM/edit?pli=1#gid=0
do you have venmo?

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Net just falcon punched someone on stream. Commentators not knowing how to pronounce Pumpinz. Maximum lol.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
PRESS 1 IF YOU FEEL BAD FOR UTAH, REST IN PEPPERONI.
But seriously, that Net vs Dan set was so damn tense. You may have lost, @net1234, but at least you made the match hype as hell.

In the end, we're all winners (but mostly me because I didn't bet rofl, but mostly Vegas cuz they got that salt-filled cash)

Top Bottom