• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
thanks for those who came out to the provo game den weekly. hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the food! we need to do a legit smash 64 ironman next time, @ SoapSuds SoapSuds ;-).

the updated top 10 for project m at game den (provo) is

1. @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos (1787) [+1]
2. @Sexy Yaz (1726) [-1]
3. X (1543) [+3]
4. @ Sinz Sinz (1486) [-1]
5. @ net1234 net1234 (1431) [new]
6. @ Snap. Snap. (1426) [-2]
7. @Staz (1369) [-2]
8. @ SoapSuds SoapSuds (1324) [+3]
9. @ Tsuteto Tsuteto (1294) [+1]
10. @ Meleeruler Meleeruler (1182) [-3]

as always, the full updated rating can be found here. i'll upload the videos to youtube in a few days.

net1234

Smash Ace
thanks for those who came out to the provo game den weekly. hope everyone had fun and enjoyed the food! we need to do a legit smash 64 ironman next time, @ SoapSuds SoapSuds ;-).

2. @Sexy Yaz (1726) [-1]
3. X (1543) [+3]
7. @Staz (1369) [-2]

as always, the full updated rating can be found here. i'll upload the videos to youtube in a few days.
this top 5 seems really accurate. like im sure top 4 could shift a bit but i know im 5 lol. i feel like the difference after me shud be like 200 points or more though cuz im way worse than those guys.
edit: actually melee ruler might be better than me as well, shame he cant make it out more

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

2. @Sexy Yaz (1726) [-1]
3. X (1543) [+3]
7. @Staz (1369) [-2]

Man I keep fallin

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
Alright I got out of work on Saturday, so I'm definitely gonna get to make it out to the tournament to kick some ass!
Wanna get some practice in before then though. Who's down to play tomorrow?

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
@ Ken Neth Ken Neth i would love a mm man i haven't played you in forever! come out to something! melee tho no pm that game is ****ing dumb

lol at the pm tourney i only lost to melee characters

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Would anyone be opposed to a tournament on the 23rd of August? I'm looking for a date for the next Smash Jam and that one seems to be (currently) the most viable.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
He's got a point. Lots of people are playing a fan mod carbon copy of an already established game with an unstable metagame that's just a scrubbier version of said game.

Its pretty unnecessary IMO but hey if people like it then they like it what do I care.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 go for it. create an events page, post on the utah smash events google doc, advertise, and give reminders as the event draws closer. y'know, the standard drill.

i don't understand how people are taking mew2king's comments as equivalent to "pm sux". that post was specifically a rebuttal against those types of posts :-p. he mainly seems to be talking against *players* who are haughty because they are able to win by abusing little known gimmicks. basically he's calling 'fraud' on all players who are *only* good at pm, because they'll be exposed once people catch on to their gimmicks and their lack of fundamentals (which should transfer between games) becomes apparent. you may like pm; you may hate pm. you may also have legitimate reasons for your views, but i feel that mew2king's statements are more directed at people than the game itself :-p.

about the comic con 3ds tournament: "FFAs in early portions" makes me sad :-(.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
remember how mad I was when I lost to roguay's zelda in PM at neumont?

he's talking about **** like that lol #imoveritdoe

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
He's got a point. Lots of people are playing a fan mod carbon copy of an already established game with an unstable metagame that's just a scrubbier version of said game.

Its pretty unnecessary IMO but hey if people like it then they like it what do I care.
This. And if anyone else is like me and does things like lifelessly stalking Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc, you'd know exactly how many ****storms, arguments, etc all come from this game and the fact it even exists. I swear PM has done nothing but make yet another split in the community (instead of Brawl/Melee now its Brawl/Melee/PM). **** PM and everything it stands for, if you want Melee, play Melee.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I swear PM has done nothing but make yet another split in the community (instead of Brawl/Melee now its Brawl/Melee/PM). **** PM and everything it stands for, if you want Melee, play Melee.
If anything, P:M is a common ground that Melee and Brawl players can go to. I believe that both at A Smasher's Tale and Salt Fest, P:M had the most entries, mostly due to players from both Melee and Brawl willing to enter it. There is a lot more players that only play only Melee+P:M or those that play only Brawl+P:M than those that play only Melee+Brawl. Devon is like the only person that I can think of in our scene that's in the third group. And you, on the other hand, seem to don't even play any Smash anymore, so I don't know why you care how the scene is split.

Last edited:
Top Bottom