• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
seems like it. nice to see another player enjoying all the different versions of the game!

@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 and anyone with tio files: can you upload the tio files to this folder on google drive. just add to your drive and you should be able to upload files to it.

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Don't want to get into a Brawl vs melee debate but I feel like its very hard for new players to feel motivated to stick around for Brawl because of the skill level being considerably higher.

Like some tournaments you have to go through Devon, Samson, Kenny, Yaz, me, Ebo, Chris, Kev. You go 0-2 really quick and its like "well what's the point"

Whereas in melee a new player might have a more enjoyable experience because there's a ton of scrubs mashing their face on the controller so he can just Monkey see monkey do.
mah dude

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
What?! Net won both Melee and Project:M. I should have come to not let that monstrosity happen...
Hopefully the bullies will won't take his money in school. :p

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
That money needs to last him for a while, since I don't want to let that happen again. ;)
theres no way u can make it to as many tourneys as me, and every time ur busy doing 25 year old things ill be there to swoop in and get that free$. no obligations son

Edit: admin altered my sig. :(. why cant they just give up on utah threads already?

@ socandrewcer socandrewcer i have ur bottle

Last edited:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
What?! Net won both Melee and Project:M. I should have come to not let that monstrosity happen...
Hopefully the bullies will won't take his money in school. :p
Lolololololol PC. Where the hell have you been man, I haven't seen you in forever!! I'm stoked your willing to consider brawl dubs. I legitimately think that once people see how dope they are that even Melee only players will be willing to at least play a little in brawl dubs.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What we really need is super sony bros dubs. That ****s hype. Way more hype than your kiddy party games.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Lolololololol PC. Where the hell have you been man, I haven't seen you in forever!! I'm stoked your willing to consider brawl dubs. I legitimately think that once people see how dope they are that even Melee only players will be willing to at least play a little in brawl dubs.
Dude, all I want before I leave is a brawl only tourney. Singles, doubles, low tier singles, and mid+low tier doubles

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
SO is there going to be a weekly this week and the tourney Saturday or is just going to be the tourney Saturday?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
pm tourney at game den weeklies and big tourney at kafeneios on saturday. it's all going down ;-). planning on making korean bbq for tuesday's weekly at the provo game den as well :-p.

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Hey, I saw earlier someone was talking about finding it difficult to find info on upcoming events. Y'all should make a google doc for all the events, then everyone link to it in their sigs. If not everyone, at least a few key posters.

Ex: Texas's Google Doc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17HHLjUfdG8KUIG4g1BxAsq0_ChI_63HW0-pXiCU-nfo/edit#gid=0

Then make it editable only by a few key TOs, and update after the completion/scheduling of every event.

Would probably simplify things, especially for people who can't into facebook. Just saiyan.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Dude, all I want before I leave is a brawl only tourney. Singles, doubles, low tier singles, and mid+low tier doubles
Utah has had half a decade of Brawl-only tournaments. You should have been here earlier... :p The new old wave is here!

And Tuesday's idea is pretty interesting. Worth a try, at least.

Last edited:

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I saw earlier someone was talking about finding it difficult to find info on upcoming events. Y'all should make a google doc for all the events, then everyone link to it in their sigs. If not everyone, at least a few key posters.

Ex: Texas's Google Doc - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17HHLjUfdG8KUIG4g1BxAsq0_ChI_63HW0-pXiCU-nfo/edit#gid=0

Then make it editable only by a few key TOs, and update after the completion/scheduling of every event.

Would probably simplify things, especially for people who can't into facebook. Just saiyan.
I like this idea. Half the events I don't hear about until like a day or two before, and then I have to hope I can get work off.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Generally events are in the first post too, again. Neumont came out of nowhere this time for me, and for that I apologize.

I'll work on Google docs later

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lmao andrew when i showed up 2 years ago I could hardly get anybody to play melee let alone to show interest in a melee tournament
it's a new era or something

also brawl doubles is actually an enjoyable smash experience for me (unlike brawl singles) and I've had a very long history of brawl hating so give it a chance *******
not knowing matchups and movesets and hitboxes etc is mega annoying doe

Last edited:

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
lmao andrew when i showed up 2 years ago I could hardly get anybody to play melee let alone to show interest in a melee tournament

also brawl doubles is actually an enjoyable smash experience for me (unlike brawl singles) and I've had a very long history of brawl hating so give it a chance *******
Me and Devon are currently the 2nd place champs at the last kafeneios brawl dubs tourney. @ Death Arcana Death Arcana are we gonna repeat this saturday?

also @ socandrewcer socandrewcer we gotta enter melee dubs and woop Devon and Steezy in a MM this Saturday.

Last edited:

Tacblack

Smash Apprentice
Tacblack do you still want that CRT??

I'm leaving for vegas on july 29th so grabbing it now would be a pain since I have to move all my stuff there. I'll be back around august 21st. I'll let you know around then. Thx mang. I need a real tv so I can take net's money.

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Generally events are in the first post too, again. Neumont came out of nowhere this time for me, and for that I apologize.

I'll work on Google docs later
Sorry about that. I kinda dropped the ball on making sure people knew it was happening. As for the doc, It would simplify things greatly IMO. Having to shift through stuff happening in multiple states is a chore that many would prefer not to do.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
+1 for having the idea for a doc, we're having bigger tournaments in southern utah to the point where i want to start notifying you guys up north if you want to come down for free money.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
August 14-15
Can't guarantee anything, but I'll do what I can. It'd probably be August 2, potentially the 9 if someone else handles it.

Toma endorsing something Brawl? Quick! Someone turn up the heat in Hell!

Sorry about that. I kinda dropped the ball on making sure people knew it was happening. As for the doc, It would simplify things greatly IMO. Having to shift through stuff happening in multiple states is a chore that many would prefer not to do.
Partly mine too. I should've added it the moment I saw it to the main post like the others.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Me and Devon are currently the 2nd place champs at the last kafeneios brawl dubs tourney. @ Death Arcana Death Arcana are we gonna repeat this saturday?

also @ socandrewcer socandrewcer we gotta enter melee dubs and woop Devon and Steezy in a MM this Saturday.
I actually would be down for that money match. I don't know for sure yet if I'll make it Saturday tho

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i guess i'm the only one who doesn't have problems with following events. tsuteto keeps the first post updated and if you want your event listed, you could just inform him :-p. but i suppose a doc would eliminate some work for tsuteto. here's a google doc for utah smash events. everyone should have edit rights, so update it as you see fit. if people mess up the doc too much, we'll think about locking it down :-p. but honestly, i don't see how this will help people know about events. cause now people will just complain about not knowing about the doc, versus not knowing about the first post, but c'est la vie :-p.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Can't guarantee anything, but I'll do what I can. It'd probably be August 2, potentially the 9 if someone else handles it.

Toma endorsing something Brawl? Quick! Someone turn up the heat in Hell!
Yeah, I'm not expecting anyone to do anything crazy that soon. But thanks for at least thinking about it.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
i guess i'm the only one who doesn't have problems with following events. tsuteto keeps the first post updated and if you want your event listed, you could just inform him :-p. but i suppose a doc would eliminate some work for tsuteto. here's a google doc for utah smash events. everyone should have edit rights, so update it as you see fit. if people mess up the doc too much, we'll think about locking it down :-p. but honestly, i don't see how this will help people know about events. cause now people will just complain about not knowing about the doc, versus not knowing about the first post, but c'est la vie :-p.
As long as we use everything available to us (the doc, tournament listings, fb, etc) those who complain will be those who put no effort at all into finding out information.

Top Bottom