• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Well, this way everyone can update it if they host an event instead of asking Tsuteto to do it. RJ could even get on and write in big goofy letters if he wants.

I found the doc most useful to me as a TO, because I would always try to schedule events and without fail it would clash with some other tournament. This way I can see everything planned and schedule around it.

Just a suggestion b/c I loooooove you guys <3333

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
those who complain will be those who put no effort at all into finding out information.
so... like everyone? i kid, i kid ;-).

i'm down for whatever the scene wants (which is why i went ahead and created the doc), but we just need to make sure we're not *unnecessarily* repeating work. and we need to make sure we know what the "master" list is, because if some events are listed on the doc, and different events are listed in the first post, and there are random event pages not listed anywhere, we'll end up like this.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Tuesday Tuesday ya, i like the *idea* of the google doc, which is why i created a google doc for a smasher directory and a google drive folder for people to upload tournament results and such. the problem will always be adoption... getting people to use it :-p. so here's to hoping that our scene can somewhat organize and agree to use the utah smash events doc ;-).

@ Xsyven Xsyven yep, @ adlp adlp is the man who started developing the scene down south several months ago, so if you live in that area, he's the guy to follow ;-).

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
no it's mostly st. george players, we've just been hosting at my house in cedar city 2 times already. players from st. george have been traveling up

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
yeah good i'm glad we need more high skilled players coming out to events, so far i can only count 5 of us that can take games off of most northern utah players

our major thing right now is to rope in casuals and get them interested so later events there will be even more good players right

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
for those who are interested, i'm gonna keep a rating for those who come out to the provo game den weeklies. since project m is coming up tomorrow, here are our current top 10 for project m so far:

1. @Sexy Yaz (1710)
2. @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos (1602)
3. @ Sinz Sinz (1533)
4. @Snap. (1491)
5. @Staz (1417)
6. X (1320)
7. @ Meleeruler Meleeruler (1224)
8. RFP (1213)
9. @ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy (1212)
10. @ Tsuteto Tsuteto (1197)

note that these are *not* comprehensive ratings for the entire utah scene! these only include the data from the events at the provo game den weeklies. a comprehensive rating and ranking are in the works by @Baky and will be determined later in the year when people come back to school and such.

for a complete rating from the provo game den weeklies, check out this google doc. if you don't like your rating, come out and prove your salt tomorrow ;-).

also, can anyone tell me who rfp is and if he's on smashboards or not? also, does x use smashboards? thanks!

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dang I wish I could go to more things; work is too crazy. PC, next tourney/fest we're at we need to find a setup and lock it down and sit down for like 30 minutes and play Melee friendlies, because I seriously have no idea how good you are against me; our tourney curse is too strong.

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
for those who are interested, i'm gonna keep a rating for those who come out to the provo game den weeklies. since project m is coming up tomorrow, here are our current top 10 for project m so far:

1. @Sexy Yaz (1710)
2. @ Perfect Chaos Perfect Chaos (1602)
3. @ Sinz Sinz (1533)
4. @Snap. (1491)
5. @Staz (1417)
6. X (1320)
7. @ Meleeruler Meleeruler (1224)
8. RFP (1213)
9. @ BillNyeTheSamusGuy BillNyeTheSamusGuy (1212)
10. @ Tsuteto Tsuteto (1197)

note that these are *not* comprehensive ratings for the entire utah scene! these only include the data from the events at the provo game den weeklies. a comprehensive rating and ranking are in the works by @Baky and will be determined later in the year when people come back to school and such.

for a complete rating from the provo game den weeklies, check out this google doc. if you don't like your rating, come out and prove your salt tomorrow ;-).

also, can anyone tell me who rfp is and if he's on smashboards or not? also, does x use smashboards? thanks!
Finally, someone has recognized me as the top utah pm player I am, haha

how does the ranking work though? what is the "1212" by my name?

EDIT-
I've seen X posts on here but the last one I saw I think was 6-12 mos ago whenever that tournament he held was
his tag is @___X___

Last edited:

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
yeah good i'm glad we need more high skilled players coming out to events, so far i can only count 5 of us that can take games off of most northern utah players

our major thing right now is to rope in casuals and get them interested so later events there will be even more good players right
This is exciting!

The Southern Utah gang back in my day was literally 2 people. It was depressing. I haven't been able to find a Southern Utah smasher better than me since @AHotGreasedUpJigglyPuff 4 Luvin' moved away.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
man, it's been a while since i've seen tane, wish i could go up and hang :-/.

@ Xsyven Xsyven if you've been playing for as long as you've been a member, i'm sure you'll be able to do well against the southern utah people. a lot of the people down there are new and so they won't have your experience :-p.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
man, it's been a while since i've seen tane, wish i could go up and hang :-/.

@ Xsyven Xsyven if you've been playing for as long as you've been a member, i'm sure you'll be able to do well against the southern utah people. a lot of the people down there are new and so they won't have your experience :-p.
I didn't really get competitive until '06. And then I pretty much stopped playing entirely a year after Brawl came out.

Still pretty confident, though. I'm just mad that it might have to be in Cedar City. lol

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Dang I wish I could go to more things; work is too crazy. PC, next tourney/fest we're at we need to find a setup and lock it down and sit down for like 30 minutes and play Melee friendlies, because I seriously have no idea how good you are against me; our tourney curse is too strong.
Just so you know, in friendlies, I often do weird and sometimes stupid things since I use friendlies as ways to invent and test new things. Plus, it's more fun that way. LOL Only when the stakes are high enough will I truly get serious.

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Rocky is coming out to my place today, we wanna practice dubs. We want as much practice as possible, so if you're even remotely interested in brawl dubs, come to my place. Bring setups just in case.

I also have SC II if people wanna pleh that too. :)

text me if you need info. 80122ate7211

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Remember for this week: PM tournaments at the Game Den weeklies. Provo opens at 4 and tourney is at 7:30, with Taylorsville being tomorrow opening at 5 and tourney at 7:30. $5 venue, $5 entry.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey is there anyone in SLC that I could stay with during Comic-Con?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Sadly, I do not have an N64 controller anymore. I think the only person with it VC that's "regular" is socandrewcer too:/

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Hey is there anyone in SLC that I could stay with during Comic-Con?
What are the dates? If I'm not out of the country you can crash at my place.

ALSO BRAWL DOUBLES AT MY PLACE TONIGHT BE THERE OR BE A PERSON WHO ISNT THERE

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
It's September 4-6.

Speaking of housing, CO may be coming to A Smasher's Tale. Anyone willing to provide housing for them? They say for 5 people.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
@ N nqztv I think I'll use my small color TV for it today :D I'm going to try to grab @Snap's setup before I head down so that's not all I have.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What are the dates? If I'm not out of the country you can crash at my place.

ALSO BRAWL DOUBLES AT MY PLACE TONIGHT BE THERE OR BE A PERSON WHO ISNT THERE
September 4 - 6

Top Bottom