• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
EG HYPE LETS GO 2-0

eDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
EG HYPE LETS GO 2-0

eDIT: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
If you told me 4 months ago that EG would be this close to winning TI I wouldn't have believed you. Man they have grown as a team.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
For the Neumont Tournament, we are going PM, Brawl, then Melee. Yes I am a tournament organizing amateur. I do not yet have a full grasp of aprox. times for tournament lengths. This tournament should finally give me a firm grasp on those times and allow me to start giving rough schedules. If you guys have any tricks and/or tips for estimating run times, those would be highly appreciated as I am trying to improve the tournament overall.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto When and where is your tournament held? I would love to come check it out if it is feasible for me.

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace
brawl tournament at gkirbzes saturday. Falcon punch rule applies i wont hear any complaints cuz about it cuz if you get hit by falcon punch you suck ***** at smash and deserve to lose a stock anyways. 3:30 friendlies start.
5$ venue fee - my dads orders if we get 3 tourneys with nothing going wrong the venue fee will get lifted.
50$ pot bonus.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
For the Neumont Tournament, we are going PM, Brawl, then Melee. Yes I am a tournament organizing amateur. I do not yet have a full grasp of aprox. times for tournament lengths. This tournament should finally give me a firm grasp on those times and allow me to start giving rough schedules. If you guys have any tricks and/or tips for estimating run times, those would be highly appreciated as I am trying to improve the tournament overall.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto When and where is your tournament held? I would love to come check it out if it is feasible for me.
Don't split melee and PM next time. There is a lot of overlap between the games.

And by a lot I mean me.

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Brawl doesn't seem to bring in numbers as well as Melee or PM. Probably a terrible idea to take an already sparse community and spread it even more thin. Bells, if he won't drop Brawl- maybe you should or both of you guys could potentially suffer.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Brawl doesn't do as well, but for a good number a big thing to have. I'd keep it, but normally Brawl is done first.

@ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 - My tournament is next week. Starts at 8 in the morning, with the first event at 10. Info on the first post.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Don't split melee and PM next time. There is a lot of overlap between the games.
And by a lot I mean me.
you bring nothing to the table buts johns so GG

there seems to me more brawl/pm players then melee/pm players
so i think this schedule is just fine

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
thats your opinion and its not looking good

why wouldn't YOU want a longer break in between your "main" games
and theres ALWAYS a coulple friendly setups
all i see hear is johns

dude its so hard to switch between melee and pm r u kidding?
you john when you win
cause thats the only reason u beat kenny

Brawl doesn't seem to bring in numbers as well as Melee or PM. Probably a terrible idea to take an already sparse community and spread it even more thin. Bells, if he won't drop Brawl- maybe you should or both of you guys could potentially suffer.
please explain to me how he is spreading us thin?
brawl seems to be in a great time slot for our exclusive players
melee is the finale
so it this schedule is cool with me

Last edited:

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
(pm and melee) and (pm and brawl) both have more overlapping players than (brawl and melee) so it would make more sense for a TO to put pm in between the other 2, all im sayin

also who says "thats ur opinion" of course it is lmao

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
My current reasoning for putting PM first is that it has been the largest tournament in the past, and I would rather get it out of the way sooner than later (would rather 10 guys for Brawl be around late night then 30+ for PM). After that, taking multiple suggestions into account, I settled on the current schedule.

Brawl doesn't do as well, but for a good number a big thing to have. I'd keep it, but normally Brawl is done first.
I am aware of this, but wanted to test out a different order for this one.

@ Baky Baky I'm not overly worried about this other tournament. Most people seem to have already planned on coming to mine, and I respect their decision if they choose otherwise

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
What time are the events starting tomorrow (particularly brawl dubs)?

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
@ T Tane PM starts at noon. I'm not running dubs this time, as I feel that may have been part of the reason we went so late last time. I don't yet have a time down for when the other events will start, but hope to have that for the next tournament.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Ah **** dude i locked my keys in my car

well a bird in a hand is like a man in the sand
thats what i always say

Last edited:

Baky

Smash Journeyman
@ Baky Baky I'm not overly worried about this other tournament. Most people seem to have already planned on coming to mine, and I respect their decision if they choose otherwise
Yeah, I was thinking that you'd probably make that decision. I kinda question why someone would make the decision to have a tournament overlapping another literally one day before. I sense controversy in the future.

Honestly, if it were PM or Melee I wouldn't have even said anything. Those games bring in what? 30 to 40 players?

The problem is when you'll have a 15 player tournament planned and only 10 show up because 5 went to the other or whatever.

Hey but props for keeping the Smash Jam tournaments going. I enjoyed the first two events this summer as I'm sure many others did as well.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
and no one wants to watch you lose to a bowser again
so lets push melee to midnight to save you some dignity

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a successful troll on myself, as my knowledge of the community is very slim. SuperWario was the one who knew most of you; I have just started getting to know everyone through the tournaments.

Top Bottom