• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Game will be Melee, character locked, 4 man. @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0

Also, sorry Tsu, limited spots and I got asked very quickly for them. You can have the spot if @ -Mars- -Mars- doesn't want it.

Last edited:

TheGrifBaller

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGrifballer
3DS FC
2122-8174-1282
@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox and @ TheGrifBaller TheGrifBaller if you can get your crew of the four of you, my boys Amm0, 2Johns, Roguay and myself will happily crew match you at the Neumont tourney this week. Also Shiro you might have to bring out that godlike Falco of yours :falcomelee: Bring your best and don't get salty when we bop ya :salt::shaker::salt::shaker::salt:
I`m going to be out of town that week end so yeah :c:c:c:c:c:evil::(

TheGrifBaller

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGrifballer
3DS FC
2122-8174-1282
@ Mr. Fox Mr. Fox and @ TheGrifBaller TheGrifBaller if you can get your crew of the four of you, my boys Amm0, 2Johns, Roguay and myself will happily crew match you at the Neumont tourney this week. Also Shiro you might have to bring out that godlike Falco of yours :falcomelee: Bring your best and don't get salty when we bop ya :salt::shaker::salt::shaker::salt:
I`m going to be out of town that week end so yeah :c:c:c:c:c:evil::(

Snap.

Smash Apprentice
somebody post the neumont info for this saturday pls
update the thread title yo

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I'll have the title and such updated tonight. Sorry for running a two day event and going to a full work day the next day with four hours sleep per night.

Snap.

Smash Apprentice
I'll have the title and such updated tonight. Sorry for running a two day event and going to a full work day the next day with four hours sleep per night.
yeh, get on that bro
we impatient here in utah

you're a true bro

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Alright so it's been awhile, but I was always serious about trying out the Gym Leader idea from New Mexico. If nobody else has started work on it, I'm gonna take the liberty of beginning a system.

If you'd like to help out, PM me with ideas or ways you could assist. Also, not to pressure Tsu, but the Salt Fest results are going to be extremely helpful in identifying some of our tougher players to hold positions.

Thanks.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Remi Barratheon, first of his name, king of the Andals, lord protector of the seven realms

Last edited:

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
To kind of explain where I'm wanting to go with this:

I'm aiming to provide-
1. An extra competition for Utah's higher level players to rank themselves in.
2. Encouragement to Utah's lower level players to improve and socialize with the veterans.
3. A fun and unique way of doing these.

The structure as seen in my mind is like this:

We'll start with the results from Salt Fest. Since we don't have an awful lot to go off from the get go, we'll simply let the bracket/pool results speak for themselves. Highest placing Utahn in a game will instantly be the Champion of the League. Next two players will be the Elite 2. The next four will be the Gym Leaders. Now, before you start biting my head off about the inaccurate number of posts for each rank, just know that there probably won't be enough solid players in the beginning to fill all eight Leaders and all four Elites. Thus, we're starting with less. After we get the system going, we'll allow Gym Leaders to fight up the ranks and gain higher positions, or even regular challengers. The details still need to be worked out.

Each Leader must play one set character in all their challenges, and must choose one stage that they'll play on. Make it relevant in some way. For example, Ganondorf on Temple. The stage doesn't have to be legal. The whole point is to provide a fun and unique challenge. They may also choose one wildcard rule. This could range from changing the damage ratio to 2.0, to turning on bob-ombs on very high, to setting the clock at 1:00 time match. This is what really sets the tone for your specific Gym. Elite Four are exactly the same, but are more difficult opponents, and if you lose to any of them, you must restart from the first one.

The Champion is something I haven't really decided on. I'm definitely on the fence with this one, and I'd appreciate input.

After a challenger defeats all eight Gyms as well as the Elite Four and Champion, their name is put in the Utah Hall of Fame. Yay.

Alright so thanks for reading all this (assuming you actually did) and please please please give me your thoughts.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think an issue with all this is that we don't have enough people, especially with some of our best leaving/already gone.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
To kind of explain where I'm wanting to go with this:

I'm aiming to provide-
1. An extra competition for Utah's higher level players to rank themselves in.
2. Encouragement to Utah's lower level players to improve and socialize with the veterans.
3. A fun and unique way of doing these.

The structure as seen in my mind is like this:

We'll start with the results from Salt Fest. Since we don't have an awful lot to go off from the get go, we'll simply let the bracket/pool results speak for themselves. Highest placing Utahn in a game will instantly be the Champion of the League. Next two players will be the Elite 2. The next four will be the Gym Leaders. Now, before you start biting my head off about the inaccurate number of posts for each rank, just know that there probably won't be enough solid players in the beginning to fill all eight Leaders and all four Elites. Thus, we're starting with less. After we get the system going, we'll allow Gym Leaders to fight up the ranks and gain higher positions, or even regular challengers. The details still need to be worked out.

Each Leader must play one set character in all their challenges, and must choose one stage that they'll play on. Make it relevant in some way. For example, Ganondorf on Temple. The stage doesn't have to be legal. The whole point is to provide a fun and unique challenge. They may also choose one wildcard rule. This could range from changing the damage ratio to 2.0, to turning on bob-ombs on very high, to setting the clock at 1:00 time match. This is what really sets the tone for your specific Gym. Elite Four are exactly the same, but are more difficult opponents, and if you lose to any of them, you must restart from the first one.

The Champion is something I haven't really decided on. I'm definitely on the fence with this one, and I'd appreciate input.

After a challenger defeats all eight Gyms as well as the Elite Four and Champion, their name is put in the Utah Hall of Fame. Yay.

Alright so thanks for reading all this (assuming you actually did) and please please please give me your thoughts.
(@ Tsuteto Tsuteto ) Dibs on Lance!

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
great day 1! shoutouts to @ Pumpinz Pumpinz for winning scrubfest2014 in a thrilling match with @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0
I've been thinking about this...
that was a totally illegitimate scrub fest 2014; we can do better

I'm calling out @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 @ Pumpinz Pumpinz @nqztv @net1234 @Shylock @Skull Kid and others who qualify; One of us is the best scrub, its time to find out who.

I propose a side tourney at Neumont- The Unofficial Official Scrubfest: 2014

I was thinking we could do a round robin but I may have underestimated the number of new melee players we have. $5 entry with winner takes all but the real thing at stake here is pride.

Who's down?

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace

I'm calling out @ Superw0rri0 Superw0rri0 @ Pumpinz Pumpinz @nqztv @net1234 @Shylock @Skull Kid and others who qualify; One of us is the best scrub, its time to find out who.

I was thinking we could do a round robin but I may have underestimated the number of new melee players we have. $5 entry with winner takes all but the real thing at stake here is pride.

Who's down?
We can make this a lot easier by limiting it to established players... we can do it after we get kicked out of melee singles pools

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308

Who's down?
I want in

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

Who's down?
Oh Lawd...

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Yea something like you'd have to have attended 2-3 tournies, been involved in competitive melee for less than x amount of time
Just went to my 2nd tourney and I've been playing melee for less than 5 months

and I still don't know how to wavedash

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Man its been a long time since @Aerodrome posted in our thread.

I think he may died from the glory that is the Utah thread. Few have been able to survive its might.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alright well it's become likely that i won't be able to make neumont jam, but i won't know for sure until a bit later

Top Bottom