• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Alright everyone - we've heard some of your requests - and we've hopefully figured out a solution for those who would like to pay in cash AND pre-register for the FanX Super Smash Bros. Tournament.

I'm the founder and main event organizer for Utah 3DS StreetPass and we have an event coming up this Saturday (March 29) in the auditorium of the Murray Public Library from 1 to 4 PM. With @ Tsuteto Tsuteto 's help, he's going to take cash from those who want to sign up and he will run his card on the SLCC website. We want to have fun with it since people will be in the Smash Bros. mood, so bring set-ups for some friendly matches!

Check out the Utah 3DS Facebook event page for details (RSVP's appreciated), (I'll get it on our website too soon for those of you who don't use Facebook).

Tomacawk

Smash Master
alrightguys, so this weekend we have @ Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune goodbye fest. He's leaving for 2 years so make sure to come out in full force to say goodbye.
Devon said he is working on a facebook page regarding the event and it will be up later today. Will keep you guys posted whenever I hear more from him. Looks like Seph has already mentioned that, though.

Everyone has good points about the streaming situation, still. Lol. Think we should just drop it though, what's done is done. It's up to us to ensure stream quality, Tsuteto can't really TO the tournament and maintain the stream. I'm willing to put in some time on it but I will probably have to leave to play matches and I may get pulled away for friendlies.

See you guys Saturday, yea?

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
Talking about how bad her commentary was fine, calling her names and making fun of her appearance is a whole other issue. Most of you guys are ugly as **** anyways.
I did not call her ugly. I also prefer middle parts. My post was about her commentary and I didn't appreciate her rascism.

as far as streaming commentary goes, I would love to be a part of it. I am a local stand up and have a big theater background. Puts me with someone that knows the game at a technical level and I will keep things going.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Curls are just damn sexy. Straight hair is nice and all, and a ponytail is a fine treat, but one can never have enough of some sexy curls in a woman's locks.

ThePoophandler

Smash Cadet
I like middle-part, pixie cut, and the half shaven look.

My taste is niche as ****. I also ask a lot of lesbians out.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So @ Sephiroths Masamune Sephiroths Masamune your tournament is the 29th correct? I will definitely be there, but I will be a little late, Ill probably get there at around 3 or 4ish and I'll be able to stay until 10 cuz I have work that night. Just letting you know so that when you dont see me by like 2 o'clock youre not like 'wow zz that mother ****** must hate me' or some **** <3

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
So I was bored with some friends earlier today and we played Brawl, I randomed Ganondorf and my friend randomed King Dedede. He was cg'ing me hardcore and it went down to the last stock. I ran up and power shielded a bair, did a short hop thunder stomp out of shield by the ledge, he didnt tech it but he did a roll get up, which I predicted and b reversed a Ganon punch, but he saw that **** so rolled again to the other side of me, BUT I PREDICTED THAT **** AND NOT ONLY B REVERSED IT, BUT ALSO DID A TURN AROUND GANON PUNCH AND WON. The hype was real. This was actually me.

Last edited:

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
as far as streaming commentary goes, I would love to be a part of it. I am a local stand up and have a big theater background. Puts me with someone that knows the game at a technical level and I will keep things going.
Do you know Jackson Banks?

Also: fest tonight at my plizzace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Tourny is at Kafeneio coffehouse or whatever, I linked a facebook link as a quote from DeathKingSuarez earlier that had the info. There may not be a melee *tournament* but the top melee players around here ought to be in attendance, so you're guaranteed good games at worst

net1234

Smash Ace
I did not call her ugly. I also prefer middle parts. My post was about her commentary and I didn't appreciate her rascism.

Hell yeah dynamic duo man. I wanna be the black one tho! Their my favorite commentators

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Last I heard, Seph doesn't want it to be a tournament because he wants people to have fun in a stress-free environment and to also have time to do crews, which is something he really wants to happen.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Did I ever tell you guys how my friends thought I was gay for the longest time?

They didn't know I was a "smasher"
at the time and I would always get texts asking if I wanted to "smash" or if I was down for an "STD" from other guys. They would go through my messages and see terms like "****" and "I'm going to wreck you tonight ;)"

When they finally approached me about it we all had a good laugh.

Tl;dr : smash terms can be taken as sexual innuendos when in the wrong context.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
wait you aren't?

i'm so confused sexually right now.

edit: gonna kill the joke but i'm not gay either.

Last edited:

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Great job Sinz, great job.

Wish I could stay awhile for your thing Seph. Will try to swing by for a quick hi / bye. Have to work Sunday now, so can't be there for the farewell speech :(

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Did I ever tell you guys how my friends thought I was gay for the longest time?

They didn't know I was a "smasher"
at the time and I would always get texts asking if I wanted to "smash" or if I was down for an "STD" from other guys. They would go through my messages and see terms like "****" and "I'm going to wreck you tonight ;)"

When they finally approached me about it we all had a good laugh.

Tl;dr : smash terms can be taken as sexual innuendos when in the wrong context.
I had the same problem but except it was my mom. Yeah that was a awkward talk.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
how many ppl will be at the fest on the 29th? im asking because idk how many here use fb and if I should drive up for this

Tane

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2122-6733-6416
Cars are all full at this point to Colorado. Wanna go? You get to drive yourself.

Also: I'm for sure going to the fest on Saturday.

Last edited:

Tomacawk

Smash Master
UT represent hard pls!!
smashfest was so fun tonight, thank god my poop was handled in a direction that brought me there
was totally worth staying up late

Top Bottom