• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Yea guys shut up about the stupid price holy ****
Thank you very much for this. If the price issue comes up again, I'm going to be posting multiple regionals/majors and their prices just to prove my point.

i'm from the midwest and i've never paid more than 15$ singles + 10 doubles = 25$ for a regional. ever. but that doesn't include gas which would always add a bunch

which one day am I supposed to purchase to get into the melee tournament ASLC
All tournaments will start on Friday. If the tournament gets bigger than we expect, then they will run multiple days. I'm repeating this a bunch of times because I do not want people complaining after they buy a single day badge and are forced to buy another if they qualify out of their pools. Most of these tournaments WILL get big enough that they will run over the course of multiple days. This is fair warning.

If you would like to bring something to help for set ups (T.V., console, game(s), you can get in for $20 and it's good for the whole weekend. I'm also repeating this a bunch because it's a good deal and only $5 more than a one day badge.

We want to support you guys so that we have a great Smash Brothers tournament but at the same time, you guys also have to support us. We've never charged for any of our monthlies so don't think that we're trying to just steal your money and are charging some absurd price. The plan is for this to be a huge, annual event. I'd like to thank everyone who has supported us so far as we only exist because of you guys, thank you.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
3 days for 30 dollar venue actually sounds great, imo. Cheaper than ones I go to.
Unless you're living on the streets, price sounds fair. Plus, regionals/majors are a lot more fun than regular tourneys.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lol I dont think anyone gets it yet.

The Price is fine for a Regional, but right now this is NOT a regional for Smash. There are no out of state players or anything at all. Right now, for Smash, this is a local, and for a local, thats expensive. Now, if people could get a bunch out of states to come, then that would most likely change, but right now this isnt anything special for us.

Seriously guys, is it that hard to understand where we're coming from lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ken Neth's trying though, which is cool. It'll be hard to get OoS Smashers to go if the locals are basically saying "We'll go if you guys go". There was like only 1 OoS player that came for P4A in SCR (more if you really want to count NorCal), but I still went. I didn't enter anything else, but I spectated, played friendlies, and hung out with a lot of players.

Supporting your scene can mean supporting your area/state in general, which'll help for future events.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im not talking for them, Im explaining their thought process for you, and telling you what would need to happen in order for their opinion to change. Just because Im probably not going doesnt mean I dont understand where other people are coming from, back when the prices were originally revealed and I still cared about Smash I had the very same opinion.

And youre not going either so what gives you the right to say I cant have an opinion when youre in the same boat as me?

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Lol I dont think anyone gets it yet.

The Price is fine for a Regional, but right now this is NOT a regional for Smash. There are no out of state players or anything at all. Right now, for Smash, this is a local, and for a local, thats expensive. Now, if people could get a bunch out of states to come, then that would most likely change, but right now this isnt anything special for us.

Seriously guys, is it that hard to understand where we're coming from lol.
I think everyone gets it, actually, but support starts from your own home state which is what we need first. We're willing to support this and help you guys take it as far as you want it to go. You've already stated you don't care and if that's what you think, it's fine. I don't even play Smash at all and I'm still trying to make this a worthwhile event for you guys.
Ken Neth's trying though, which is cool. It'll be hard to get OoS Smashers to go if the locals are basically saying "We'll go if you guys go". There was like only 1 OoS player that came for P4A in SCR (more if you really want to count NorCal), but I still went. I didn't enter anything else, but I spectated, played friendlies, and hung out with a lot of players.

Supporting your scene can mean supporting your area/state in general, which'll help for future events.
This sums everything quite well, in my opinion, and the is the point I've been making over and over again. You can't expect people to come from Out of State if you're not willing to support your scene. Why would anyone in their right mind want to go to an event out of state if the local scene doesn't even want to support it? We've got pot bonuses in place. If you guys come and start spreading the word, others will come. People like money and people also like pot bonuses.

Shout outs to Ken Neth and Perfect Chaos for helping spread the word about the tournaments. Ken Neth, please email me at tournament@utahfightcircuit.com if you need help with anything in regards to Smash and I'll do my best to help you out.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Im not talking for them, Im explaining their thought process for you, and telling you what would need to happen in order for their opinion to change. Just because Im probably not going doesnt mean I dont understand where other people are coming from, back when the prices were originally revealed and I still cared about Smash I had the very same opinion.

And youre not going either so what gives you the right to say I cant have an opinion when youre in the same boat as me?
Not exactly in the same boat at all since I have a reason on wanting to go. Regardless if I don't live in Utah anymore, I still wanted the scene to do well. When I lived there I entered practically every Brawl tourney, even though Melee was the game I wanted to improve at. Opinions are fine, it just doesn't help it's shooing people away.

I'd like to go, and I'm interested in the games. With my school schedule and Evo coming up, I'm just too busy. Also gonna enter Melee there, even if I haven't played it seriously in a couple years.

The only idea I can think of to help justify the price for smaller games at Saltfest is maybe having a separate room outside of the venue's main room so the venue fee doesn't apply. This is what they did for Skullgirls at SCR. They didn't have access to spectate or all the items on sale, but they got to play. But it really depends on Saltfest's venue.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
i said it needs to be a national/regional, didn't know he was talking about salt fest. sounds plenty fine to me ^^. I wouldn't mind going myself, but we'll see what work has to say about that

wangston

Smash Lord
So if all you fools register before march whatever it is there will be the 200+$ POT BONUS!!!!!!!!! CASH MONEYZZZZ!!! dollas dollas!!!!

If you turds can do that then it will become a regional guaranteed !!!!!!!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You do the math!!! I did cuz I'm good wit calculations!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xkb6m90AvE

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
so is melee happening tomorrow or will SLC continue to be more disappointing then the first time I ever had drunk sex when I started with a condom, took it off cuz I couldn't feel ****, and then just said **** it and stopped ****ing because I was too drunk to get off

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
shut the **** up mars you don't **** about anime

and what the **** is a major???
get that FGC talk the **** out of here
regionals and nationals or bust

MeatIsLIFE

Banned via Warnings
anybody playing brawl or skullgirls today or tomorrow
im fiending and i wanna keep my mind preoccupied ya dig

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So if I brought three TVs and 2 wiis how much would the pass cost? Cause to be honest, I am not planning on going due to the steep venue price when I would only be there for the smash tournament.
A bit old to be quoting this, but **** it. I can think of a few reasons to come to Salt fest. Scrage, JoeBoBaggens, Bruce, and myself will all be casting the League of Legends event (and season 4 of ULB check us out on Twitch). So you can come see us, that alone is worth any price tag imo =P. But because I wove you guys so much, during some down time Ill set it up so we can bring 1-2 of you on stream and you can make Utah Smash look really cool and try to get people watching to also try out smash.

I've got a few friends there, but none of them are smashers, more LoL. They plan on learning melee though ^^ Probably no salt fest sadly, but they should be ready by the next iteration of it ^^
Do your friends play in ULB, do I know their names? Maybe we can be friend in laws?

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
Wow, I haven't posted on smash boards in 5 years! Not since Jul 17, 2008 (I just checked my "Recent Activity") So Corrupt has informed me that People don't want to come to Salt Fest. Well you should if only to see me and him cast, but of course that isn't going to convince anyone is it....... Well I did my best.

Smash Boards looks super different from the last time I came here.
Who is still left back from the Melee days?
Have any questions for me?
I have missed you guys : )

BTW I am Scrage now

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Marcus! And Fate, all in one day. I still have yet to see either of you.

And I don't think you read posts after that lol. I'm planning on going and other people as well. We're trying to get OoS people out for it too.

ASLC, just curious, is there any way to have the tournament start on Saturday instead of Friday? Friday would be hard for a lot of people. Pretty sure school will still be going on and the normal work week and everything could make some people not be able to make it. I'm pretty confident that we could run the tournaments all in one day if we start on time and have sufficient set ups.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
Marcus! And Fate, all in one day. I still have yet to see either of you.

And I don't think you read posts after that lol. I'm planning on going and other people as well. We're trying to get OoS people out for it too.

ASLC, just curious, is there any way to have the tournament start on Saturday instead of Friday? Friday would be hard for a lot of people. Pretty sure school will still be going on and the normal work week and everything could make some people not be able to make it. I'm pretty confident that we could run the tournaments all in one day if we start on time and have sufficient set ups.
If that makes it easier for the majority of the Smash players then, yes, we can have the tournaments run on Saturday. If you guys are wanting to marathon the tournament on Saturday, that's fine with me but you're also free to do it over the course of Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully we can get enough setups for all to work out. As I've stated before, any comments, suggestions are always welcome same thing if you guys need help with anything.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Wooooo boy. Yay fun times reading.

BTW, I'll be going to the monthly on the 16th most likely. So some people should come, so my Zelda can kick them in the face, and the get beaten to a bloody pulp soon thereafter.

@ASLC: On a side note of SaltFest, has Robby/Mkat ever contacted you about running a DDR/ITG tournament? I'm assuming not.

ASLC

Smash Apprentice
If your talking about the monthly at Kafeneio, then there won't be one this month since it'll be held at Anime Salt Lake, instead.
There will be monthly on the 16th. The schedule for what we're doing this month, March, looks like this:
March 16th: Monthly, Kafeneio
March 22nd-23rd: Anime Salt Lake tournaments

Hopefully you all can make it to one/both of them.
*Edit* I know I originally said there wouldn't be a monthly but we changed our minds about two weeks ago.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh, Salt Lake tournament in March as well? I need to check this out, unless you meant May.

ASLC, you should totally post the upcoming monthly/that March salt lake tourney? in the tournament listings. Just sayin'.

Or someone should.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
There's anime salt lake which is running tournaments as well which is in march. Salt fest is the big tournament in may you're referring to.

Then there's also the normal monthly they host at the kafeneo coffee shop in salt lake as well, which is on the 16th of this month.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Oh, I didn't know Anime Salt Lake was hosting one too. Link to website/details please?

Top Bottom